Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

bird with big dick posted:

How the hell does breaking your jaw fix sleep apnea I think your doctor just hated you

https://www.sleepdr.com/the-sleep-blog/jaw-surgery-to-cure-sleep-apnea-guest-post/

Bimaxillary advancement *cured* my apnea.

- 65 apneic events an hour to zero
- pO2 from 90% to 100%
- no CPAP = no compliance issues

(Also fixed my 17mm overbite and ski ramp lower jaw!)

I used to have waking headaches a couple times a week for several years. Not responsive to analgesics, lasted half a day. They went away and never recurred after surgery. Not once.

Dr. Claudio Tocchio in Toronto, did a couple or these surgeries a week.

Or you can use a CPAP every night for the rest of your life. Not for me.

Does this answer your question?

Oh - for Americans, the surgery was fully covered by our provincial medical plan. Had to pay for parking at the hospital though. I think a CPAP would have been covered as well but I wasn't interested in one.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Inept posted:

that was dragonball z after vegeta left the hyperbrolic time chamber

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I read this book when I was a kid has anyone else read it I can’t remember the author or title but it was about twin boys and one was cool and athletic and the other one was a fat nerd and they had a shed in the backyard and there was like a black hole in it that dilated time and the fat nerd realized that he could spend a whole year in the shed and only 8 hours would pass in the real world so he stocked up on MREs or something and went and lived in the shed for a year and dieted and did push ups all day and poo poo and he came out of the shed the next morning and he was a year older and all ripped and poo poo and he goes to his twin brother and says who’s the nerd now bitch and gives him a super swirly.

Anyway I feel like the fat nerd and I’ve been in the shed for a month so far and all I’ve done is eat Cheez-Its and masturbate.

Hardy Boys 29: The Hell Is In Dad's Shack?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I get that language evolves, but 115k dead (and rising) seems like a stretch for "literally nothing".

also it's not that there aren't negative effects of the quarantine, but given that the quarantine is necessary it's the government's responsibility to pull out all the stops to keep people's lives as comfortable as possible. another reason why the inept response has been frustrating

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Kharmakazy posted:

No, that's definitely wrong. The virus has already killed over a hundred thousand people and isn't slowing down.

All these arguments about X thing being worse than the virus are beyond absurd to all but the most mentally ill observer.

Mental illness is a bitch. Domestic violence is awful. Nobody is rooting for these things, but they pale in comparison to the loss of human life that has already happened, let alone what is coming.

The economy "failing" will not kill more people than the virus. Suicides and murders aren't going to come close to matching these numbers.

To me, it sounds like someone is telling you that there is a murderer outside who wants to kill you, and all you want to talk about is how inconvenient it is not to be able to go outside where the killer is. Like, yeah... This sucks but it's objectively better than the alternative.
Good post

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

New season of True Detective looks pfc

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m assuming posting trump is still ok if he’s talking stupid poo poo about coronavirus.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249712413219397632

Rolo fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 13, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Did anyone get to watch cuomo’s presser today? Any highlights? I couldn’t watch because a storm knocked my power out.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Rolo posted:

I’m assuming posting trump is still ok if he’s talking stupid poo poo about coronavirus.

Lol. He refused to do anything nationally for shelter in place but now wants to undo it all by himself.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
India got this

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Rolo posted:

It’s his decision but also it’s the governors job to handle all this the feds are just backup but also the buck stops with Obama or literally anyone but trump 10/10 perfect leadership this is a pretty good job we’ve done.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

It’s his decision but also it’s the governors job to handle all this the feds are just backup but also the buck stops with Obama or literally anyone but trump 10/10 perfect leadership this is a pretty good job we’ve done.

This post brought to you by Poe's law.
Could be satire, could be deeply held conviction, only Edgar Allen knows for sure, or something.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rolo posted:

Conservatives: "Strip the Federal government of its powers. More power to the individual and for States rights! No Big Government! YAAAY"

Also Conservatives: "One man at the top of the entire Federal Government should have the power to make sweeping changes for every state with no checks to that power."

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

I read this book when I was a kid has anyone else read it I can’t remember the author or title but it was about twin boys and one was cool and athletic and the other one was a fat nerd and they had a shed in the backyard and there was like a black hole in it that dilated time and the fat nerd realized that he could spend a whole year in the shed and only 8 hours would pass in the real world so he stocked up on MREs or something and went and lived in the shed for a year and dieted and did push ups all day and poo poo and he came out of the shed the next morning and he was a year older and all ripped and poo poo and he goes to his twin brother and says who’s the nerd now bitch and gives him a super swirly.

Anyway I feel like the fat nerd and I’ve been in the shed for a month so far and all I’ve done is eat Cheez-Its and masturbate.

I read that book it was called Singularity and was not bad. The second episode of Tales from the Loop kinda reminded me of it but then it was just some lameass freaky friday poo poo

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Customers who bought Truck Nutz were also interested in The Buck Fucks Deer desk signs

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Walrus posted:

I read that book it was called Singularity and was not bad. The second episode of Tales from the Loop kinda reminded me of it but then it was just some lameass freaky friday poo poo

Yep that’s it

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I bought some green lightbulbs on clearance at Walmart yesterday to resell (I actually needed some stuff too, but always gotta check for profits too)... didn't know until this morning why people were buying them yesterday and today and I saw they were all going to the same state... thanks Kentucky governor. Green light bulbs are the choice to show your support for COVID victims!

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Kharmakazy posted:

No, that's definitely wrong. The virus has already killed over a hundred thousand people and isn't slowing down.

All these arguments about X thing being worse than the virus are beyond absurd to all but the most mentally ill observer.

Mental illness is a bitch. Domestic violence is awful. Nobody is rooting for these things, but they pale in comparison to the loss of human life that has already happened, let alone what is coming.

The economy "failing" will not kill more people than the virus. Suicides and murders aren't going to come close to matching these numbers.

To me, it sounds like someone is telling you that there is a murderer outside who wants to kill you, and all you want to talk about is how inconvenient it is not to be able to go outside where the killer is. Like, yeah... This sucks but it's objectively better than the alternative.

Let me restate what I originally said then. I was wrong when I said that side effects of the pandemic are literally worse than six figures people dying from it. I know that's what I typed, but that's not what I was trying to communicate, so please forgive me. You're right that anyone who thinks that any side effect is worse than literally >100k people dying has problems.

What I should have said was that this pandemic is having a much heavier toll on peoples' mental health than typical endemic viruses (such as the flu) that kill hundreds of thousands of people globally year after year after year. This is due to government irresponsibility, constant bombardment and reminders of this irresponsibility, and long periods of isolation.

Thank you for calling me out on it and correcting me, everyone.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

central dogma posted:

Let me restate what I originally said then. I was wrong when I said that side effects of the pandemic are literally worse than six figures people dying from it. I know that's what I typed, but that's not what I was trying to communicate, so please forgive me. You're right that anyone who thinks that any side effect is worse than literally >100k people dying has problems.

What I should have said was that this pandemic is having a much heavier toll on peoples' mental health than typical endemic viruses (such as the flu) that kill hundreds of thousands of people globally year after year after year. This is due to government irresponsibility, constant bombardment and reminders of this irresponsibility, and long periods of isolation.

No problem
:)
It's cool, we are literally scared of serious illness and death so we are touchy and defensive.

We are all in this together :love:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Have they discussed another $1200 check or monthly checks? At this point we're past one month.

Edit: I'm seeing efforts for $1200/mo through the end of the year otherwise we hit a great depression. I think we're already there honestly.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

It isn’t it’s a real book this was before DBZ existed.

You're thinking of Singularity, by William Sleator.

Sleator is amazing, I also highly recommend Interstellar Pig, which is like Jumanji, Others See Us which is like Inception, and House of Stairs, which is like Cube. He does it all and he does it better.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Spinz posted:

No problem
It's cool, we are literally scared of serious illness and death so we are touchy and defensive.

Thanks for understanding :love:

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Philthy posted:

Have they discussed another $1200 check or monthly checks? At this point we're past one month.

Edit: I'm seeing efforts for $1200/mo through the end of the year otherwise we hit a great depression. I think we're already there honestly.

The most likely scenario is the firing of Fauci and massive coordinated effort to convince everyone that everything is normal, go back to work and buy stuff.

I guess what I'm saying is don't expect any further relief when the message is that no one needs it anymore.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
The problem there is that after a few weeks the virus will resurge and if everyone is sick or afraid of getting sick the economy is going to suck regardless.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Philthy posted:

Anyone who hasn't tweeted president trump by easter thanking him and telling him how smart his plan (HIS PLAN NOT CONGRESSES ALL PRAISE TO TRUMP) has to pay the $1200 back WITH interest. Even if you haven't received it yet. If he retweets you, you get on a list for another $150.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

central dogma posted:

That's more than fair imho. Sorry for lumping you in with the "we have to end the social distancing so the stock market doesn't suffer!?" people.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Spinz posted:

No problem

No gently caress you I'm in this for myself/family (but that's because I live with them) MY HAND SANITIZER WIPES PPE GET YOUR OWN! NO TIP FOR YOU INSTASLAVE CHOP CHOP! Hold on is chop chop racist? One moment... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chop_chop_(phrase) . Doesn't seem to be.

I do wonder at what point having enough becomes having too much for that kind of thing.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 13, 2020

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

central dogma posted:

its those things but it's also the virus itself. my local and state governments have been some of the better ones during all this, comparatively, but still twice as many people in my county already have died of covid19 in just the last three months than during the entire flu season last year

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 13, 2020

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Philthy posted:

Just be patient. The Donald needs time to patiently hand-address and personalize each of the 300 million checks before gently placing them into piles based on geographic location that he is very smart about, then gingerly moistens and seals each envelope with love and care and piss

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/benicetome/status/1249444413744414720?s=20

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Rolo posted:

someone change the presidents diaper. hes trying to feel in control again

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

postmodifier posted:

You're thinking of Singularity, by William Sleator.

Sleator is amazing, I also highly recommend Interstellar Pig,

One of my favorite books when I was like 11.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Destroyed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2s0nB2VPvs

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Macron on the tv extending the lockdown in france until 11 May. Thankfully no changes to the rules themselves

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
the singularity kid ate like vitamins and peanut butter/crackers. upon reflection the plot itself isn't much but I remember reading it and thinking "this is amazing! I wish I had a time portal to get swole with"

any good sci fi books read recently?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Is there a name for 80s arcade synth beats because I dig it.

Also lol

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Someone claiming to be her on Twitter says she didn't actually have Coronavirus. Video is apparently from spring break in ft Lauderdale FL

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Kharmakazy posted:

Someone claiming to be her on Twitter says she didn't actually have Coronavirus. Video is apparently from spring break in ft Lauderdale FL

I saw that. She's a 20-something with obvious respiratory issues during a pandemic but, yeah, she didn't get worse so she's obviously not an asymptomatic carrier or anything.

Either way she's basically yelling fire in a movie theater which is a dick move.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I saw that. She's a 20-something with obvious respiratory issues during a pandemic but, yeah, she didn't get worse so she's obviously not an asymptomatic carrier or anything.

Either way she's basically yelling fire in a movie theater which is a dick move.

All valid. Not defending her FWIW, just providing context I went looking for after watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Dude a C-pap, unlike a mouth guard, actually works and is covered by insurance and closer to $500

Serious question..where are you seeing CPAPs for $500? I don't have insurance and I need the Trumpbux to buy my first one and the hospital wants $900 + supplies.

Then there's a place that rents used CPAPs for $150/yr but I dunno.

Is there a thread for this?