Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

gotta source your cringe quotes man

I didn’t grow up in the US or europe and antisemitism makes no sense to me

like I get other racism. I get why other groups may hate blacks/maori etc given stereotypes and that they see on the regular. I choose to believe racism is wrong even if I could generate it myself without someone teaching me. but hating jews because.. the old testament was about them? or because they have big noses? or because they have gold in their surname? idgi man

I know that racism against jews is so profound and history that it has its own unique name against other racisms .. but I still don’t get it

the lamest of the lame reasons is that other jews betrayed jesus . that’s it . dunno if that’s worthy of a halocaust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's because back in the days where nobody traveled, jewish people were the most common "others" that you could point at and people would recognize. You can't really whip a mob into a xenophobic frenzy without anyone to actually point them at.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
one thing that makes it more difficult to be racist is that racism is a bad ism but there are other isms that are fine (apparently, I don't think so) and so when you see ppl in a red tshirt come into work and they mostly exhibit whatever lame behaviour, it's easy to think "ph gently caress here's another red tshirt person"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
at no point is it ok to generalise... BUT people seem to think to do so if it's generalising toward a non-minority

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

to the og christian population the definition of being jewish is to be exactly like you except they explicitly reject the most central tenet of your beliefs.

it is one of the less difficult to understand historic relationships out there.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

there also used to be large, sometimes fairly distinct culturally jewish populations in much of europe in a way that doesn't really exist anymore, which I think makes the historical context hard to understand

anyway, do you like ripping threads?

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

there's also the emphasis in the story of Jesus's trial where the bloodthirsty jews convince the bewildered innocent Roman to put Jesus to death by taking the responsibility for his execution onto themselves for all eternity

probably just a coincidence that this retcon came out right around the time Constantine converted to Christianity though

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

speaking of fans
why don't they have a dust cover you can easily remove and clean instead of painstakingly cleaning your heatsink

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

my stepdads beer posted:

speaking of fans
why don't they have a dust cover you can easily remove and clean instead of painstakingly cleaning your heatsink

filters restrict airflow bro

try not living in a dusty hovel???

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
there are plenty of chassis available that have dust filters on the intake fans, which is the only place you really need them

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

NO GAMING IN THE GRAVEL PIT

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
hell yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of-lpfsBR8U

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
happy easter - he has ryzen

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

echinopsis posted:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

noice

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

pointsofdata posted:

anyway, do you like ripping threads?

we’re going live in prod with some of our epyc boxes next week. you bet you’re rear end I’m looking forward to seeing those threads rip

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

rip and tear

until end();

pram
Jun 10, 2001
imagine. christ was born in a time where threads went unripped. hosed up!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

pram posted:

imagine. christ was born in a time where threads went unripped. hosed up!

the dude didnt even have AOL.

he's a nobody to me.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

post your ICQ num or gtfo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Low AF :smugdog:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm trying to find mine. i had a 5-digit one i think

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

dads friend steve posted:

we’re going live in prod with some of our epyc boxes next week. you bet you’re rear end I’m looking forward to seeing those threads rip

save yourself some of my headaches and make sure you have amd_iommu=on in your kernel parameters

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

do you think whoever has icq 42069 and 69420 and 80085 get lots of random messages from strangers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i hope so. what would be the point otherwise?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

whoa, ICQ is still alive? I'm gonna see if I can get in

e: it just makes you sign up for a new account, BS

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

save yourself some of my headaches and make sure you have amd_iommu=on in your kernel parameters

thanks for the tip, but I’m a dumbass backend dev so all I know is that I get more threads for my lovely java apps to rip on. luckily we have a couple Linux experts who actually configure our poo poo

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The number was a lie :argh:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The just launched ICQ New, it's alive and kicking!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

i remember i had a friend on my icq list who was only there because of the novelty i originally felt talking to someone from germany while i was in the usa :shobon:

ye olde intrenette

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Lambert posted:

The just launched ICQ New, it's alive and kicking!

unencrypted chat hosted in russia, hell yeah sign me up

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

dads friend steve posted:

what vendor

pram
Jun 10, 2001

burning swine posted:

unencrypted chat hosted in russia, hell yeah sign me up

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

threads getting ripped faster than yo momma's jeans

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

what do the different color "sleds" on the right indicate

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

"Threadripper, Rome, Naples"

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
threadripper nipples edition

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
nippleripper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
making GBS threads dickripples