Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lord cybertrex is both trexed up cyberneticly and a robot tyrannosaurus, this is canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Lord cybertrex is both trexed up cyberneticly and a robot tyrannosaurus, this is canon

A giant robot dinosaur with the brain of an ancient evil supercomputer is too cool a concept to attribute to the duneauthor IMO.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That's just Megatron.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's just Megatron.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

threelemmings posted:

The water was 31, 32, 33 liters! 6, 7 drams! 3 thirty-seconds! Jan jan jan

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Tertius Oculum posted:

ugh I still read that poo poo as CYBER T-REX -_- gtfo

I’m ashamed how long it took me to get this.

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.

a kitten posted:

Close enough?

All of them look like faithful adaptations of the Dune characters/actors, except for Paul and Feyd, who just look like generic Anime characters. Am I wrong?

Still a big fan tho.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

YoursTruly posted:

All of them look like faithful adaptations of the Dune characters/actors, except for Paul and Feyd, who just look like generic Anime characters. Am I wrong?

Still a big fan tho.

How about the jp editions of the books. Covers by Shotaro Ishinomori

Dune

Which apparently came in 4 volumes

Dune Messiah

Children of Dune (3 volumes, i guess)

2nd edition, i think

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 13, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is some DeviantArt poo poo.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Ah, the symbol of the Athreides, the red chocobo

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

That’s the logo of the Sardaurkar, space cops of the Padishah Emperor.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
So over the Easter bank holiday weekend, me and a few of my friends were going to go on a board gaming holiday. Since we couldn't, I said I'd set up a quiz to do over Skype, but I sorta tricked them.

When they all logged on I explained we'd be playing 'Twilight imperium' (big beefy space combat board game) and got them to choose their factions. I shared my screen, a twilight imperium image with various factions. I placed icons of them on their chosen factions, but then once they were all placed, changed the image, leaving their icons where they were, but now each sitting atop the banner of a Dune house!! The first round was to go and get their appropriate costume on, with prizes for the best. While they did that, I issued their various faction rules over WhatsApp. Part they would tell everyone as their introduction, but part they would keep a secret.

House Corrino, as emperor of the universe, has final say in all matters! (But if 3 or more people disagreed, it would trigger a coup! ((Which I didn't tell them was a bonus game, of an online version of 'coup' the board game, the winner choosing the outcome)). Also, if they and Harkonnen chums get Atreides to win the quiz, then they would win the real game! Their once per game Karama power allowed them to double the points for a round, and ask me for one answer that round.

The Harkonnen could cheat, but if caught would be sent to the pain amplifier! (They had to put their volume to max and i sent them to a site playing all star and nickleback at the same time not in sync). They had to backstab corrino and beat Atreides without corrino realising. Their once per game special power was traitors, they choose a player and I would tell harkonnen that players answers.

Fremen would win the game within the game if no one else won it. Also, any time anyone did anything musical or rhythmic on camera, that player could call out WORMSIGN! and message that player over WhatsApp a picture of Shai Halud. If the other player expressed concern, Fear, distress or otherwise noted the danger of a worm, they were wise to the ways of the desert and avoided it, otherwise they were eaten (secretly, all this revealed at the end) and couldn't win the game within the game within the game. Since Fremen are numerous, their power of stillsuits had no limit. Challenge anyone to down a glass of water quickest on camera, a Fremen win worth two points.

Ix introduced themselves as being the best as technology, etc, but secretly were the Tleilaxu impersonating Ix. They had to leave their enemy an escape, so had to be USELESS with all technology and were not allowed to pass it off as ironic. They also had to sow confusion, enough confusion resulting in what I loosely called a war of assassins (A game of werewolf / we'reAssassins). If Tlielaxu 'Assassinated' (via coup, werewolf or their karama power) each other player, they won. Their Karama was face dancer, they announced Karama, and then secretly told me their assassin and the victim. The flooding turn I would announce that a duel had been issued, and would be settled with Crysknife blaster shield. (Rock paper scissors, obv). If the assassin won, it was successful. This Karama reset whenever Tlielaxu won a quiz round.

The spacing guild are in charge of all off world transport, so whenever anyone got up to go anywhere off camera the Guild player could tell them to pay, and would win a free point. They could also spend their points to buy 3 clues a time, however I said after buying the second set of clues, they had become spice dependant, and had to be seen eating something all round, and something different each round or lose all points for that round.
Since they profit from the ongoing strife, they would win of the game went on so long that someone had to leave, it got bored.

The Atreides had to work out what everyone else was up to. They were told outright that there was a game within the game (their prescience saw it) and that they were walking into a trap. Their Karama power was to be given clues about all the plots that had gone on in a round, and was reset half way. If they could divulge all the other players plots, they would win.

The Bene Gesserit planned to create the Kwisats Haderach, and so at the start had to pick two bloodlines / houses. If one came first and the other last, they would win. They had the voice, if they told anyone SILENCE! I would mute them and also, their once per game, the trial of the box: a staring competition, with a win for the opponent doubling their points that round, but a loss scoring them zero that round.

There was an Atreides round: I have a tray of dese, but what are dese? (I showed them the covered tray, it was obviously spice)

There was a guild navigator round (geoguessr) and there was (as kind of a clue) a Tlielaxu face dancer round, where they had to go and get puppets of some description, and act out a scene. Anyone who guessed the movie got a point, and they got a point for all correct answers, unless everyone got it right, then they got zero. (So, you had to go obscure, but do it well).

In the end, a few players won but were eaten by worms, and shockingly the Bene Gesserit used their trial of the box in the final round, but threw it, blinking, to give Atreides the win, and with Harkonnen coming last, AS PER THEIR PROPHECY the Kwisats Haderach was birthed! Obviously Atreides coming first in the quiz meant they took stewardship of Arrakis, which is obviously a poisoned chalice: the prize was they have to host the next quiz.

Anyway that's my story

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Breznican/status/1249655766652338176?s=19

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm surprised there's not more Dune-as-high-school fan fiction. Or an anime.

https://twitter.com/SecretsOfDune/status/1095347193924460544

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:siren:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Hell yeah, finally something.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
A weird swimming outfit. But sure, lay it on me, more dunc pls

https://twitter.com/SecretsOfDune/status/1249668314625957888

drunkill fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 13, 2020

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol the cspam covid thread posted it before the den of dune geeks

https://mobile.twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1249653820222734338

E: gently caress

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

loving finally

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

It's p brutalist I guess

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vlex posted:

It's p brutalist I guess
BRUTALIST DUNE :ck5:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Shageletic posted:

E: gently caress
you were beaten, because it is by will alone I set my posting in motion. it is by the juice of mountain dew that posting acquires speed, the underpants acquire stains, stains become a warning. it is by will alone I set my posting in motion.

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Villeneuve is one of the top directors where you can't possibly judge anything about the movie until you see some stuff in context, preferably with final score.

That won't stop le social media from going "so excited that I literally murdered my baby to the blood god for this film #blessed".

Give me some of the throne room scene so somebody can supercut Villeneuve v. Lynch, then I'll get excited.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
DunE: Eternal

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

revwinnebago posted:

That won't stop le social media from going "so excited that I literally murdered my baby to the blood god for this film #blessed".
i would never do such a thing

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Timothée Chalamet is officially A Thing if the last SNL is to be trusted. It makes me think that casual moms are going to watch this for him, boosting box office and creating a sequel. They're gonna be confused as hell but it'll be all for the good of the imperium.

edit: hmmm it might be annoying though.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/04/timothee-chalamet-dune-first-look/

quote:

Here’s Your First Look at Timothée Chalamet In Dune

Denis Villeneuve's sci-fi stunner is still on the books for December

Prince Paul Atreides has arrived. This morning, Vanity Fair unleashed the first photo of Timothee Chalamet in Denis Villeneuve’s forthcoming adaption of Frank Herbert’s Dune. The photo is part of an extensive first look that the publication will run on Tuesday.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 13, 2020

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

you were beaten, because it is by will alone I set my posting in motion. it is by the juice of mountain dew that posting acquires speed, the underpants acquire stains, stains become a warning. it is by will alone I set my posting in motion.

LMAO

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
tim has teen vampire T.V. drama energy which is why i think he's a thing. a lot of high school girls with pics of him on their trapper keepers and stuff like that. sharing gifs of him looking cute and stuff

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My trapper keeper sleeper has awakened

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

"Prince" can refer to the son of a duke, though I doubt the author of the article knows (or cares).

Wikipedia posted:

All junior members of the House of Broglie bear the title of prince de Broglie, while the head of the family is the duc de Broglie. A junior line used the title of prince de Broglie-Revel, after one of its lordships.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
I'm almost more excited about being able to do this now ⊃∪∩⪽

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Flakey posted:

I'm almost more excited about being able to do this now ⊃∪∩⪽

Wait is the font available?

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
No idea I just copy and pasted that from the linked tweet.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Wait is the font available?

It's not a font, it's just 4 unicode symbols. The first three appear to be superset, set union, set intersection, and the last one looks like subset but with a dot in it, don't recognize it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zopotantor posted:

"Prince" can refer to the son of a duke, though I doubt the author of the article knows (or cares).

It's not like an Atreides son of a Duke can ascend to take over for an Emperor

Wait! ⊃∪∩⪽

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
⊃∪∩⪽

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

kiimo posted:

It's not like an Atreides son of a Duke can ascend to take over for an Emperor.

Sounds like a slam ⊃∪∩⪽.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mad Hamish posted:

Sounds like a slam ⊃∪∩⊂.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

⪽⪽

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004