Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

is this one of those wealthy megachurch preachers whose McMansion mortgage payments would be jeopardized by an interruption in collection plate cash?

I have to believe he was just that greedy and committed to the grift. Which ya know, a swimming pool is a helluva thing to die for, but at least it's a rational gamble with your life.

Unlike just believing God won't let you get sick, even if you believe in God, he demonstrably lets people who believe in Him get sick and die all the time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

if the present circumstances do not represent an "emergency", what does?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Absent an emergency, huh? :thunk:

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

see you fuckers in 3 weeks unless there’s a real emergency!

*house collapses as the door is shut behind him*

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

The literal Republican presidential candidate from less than a decade ago is in the mob.

it makes me wonder if McNaughton featured Romney in any paintings in 2012, and if so whether he was heralded as our Christian savior or whatever, or if it was a Ben Garrison style "Romney and Obama are the two heads of the ZOG snake" thing

E:

I think that's Romney kneeling behind the resolute desk with money

He's a white man with money so that seems good, but he's kneeling next to Holder so it's probably depicting him paying homage to a black president which is bad. There's also a CFL bulb on the desk and a Christmas tree with an Islamic crescent in place of a star so it looks like Romney was Always Bad

Oh and I guess that's Soros rolling up with a briefcase of Jew money, so yeah everyone in that crowd is supposed to be a bad guy.

E2:
why is the cop drunk, aren't cops supposed to be good?

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 13, 2020

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

The Angry Bum posted:

So where does the Biden campaign produce voter confidence and enthusiasm for their candidate? There isn't any. And this will affect the ballot all the way to to bottom. Meanwhile the other side is more enthusiastic and motivated than ever before. The pandemic is DESTROYING Democrats all over. All of these Democrat governors passing Stay-at-home orders will find themselves out of office very quickly, either by voting, resigning or outright removal.

What? Trump is down to -13 in a RASMUSSEN poll and somehow Cuomo and Newsome are somehow going to be out of office instead of future presidential hopefuls that they are now destined to be?

VitalSigns posted:

is this one of those wealthy megachurch preachers whose McMansion mortgage payments would be jeopardized by an interruption in collection plate cash?

I have to believe he was just that greedy and committed to the grift. Which ya know, a swimming pool is a helluva thing to die for, but at least it's a rational gamble with your life.

Unlike just believing God won't let you get sick, even if you believe in God, he demonstrably lets people who believe in Him get sick and die all the time!

Sadly, they are mostly all greedy and committed to the grift...the religion itself is the grift.

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 13, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Thoughts and prayers.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1249681630282813441

EDIT:

People earlier were talking about Jared's weird face...

https://twitter.com/calleread/status/1249479505229438976

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 13, 2020

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

VitalSigns posted:

lol at Biden being in the lynch mob

you can literally campaign for Republicans, and even run a presidential campaign around "hey the president is doing a great job, no need to change anything jack" and Republicans will still hate you

To be fair, he's all the way in the back. He's just sorta awkwardly showing up to the mob party to keep up appearances.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

syntaxrigger posted:

God was not willing...

Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

VitalSigns posted:

You pointed out that it takes 1/5 of the Members to pass a motion for a floor vote

1/5 of the quorum, not 1/5 of all members. Republicans could have formed a quorum on their own, or with so few Dems around that they didn't constitute 1/5 of the quorum. Indifference or disorganization are likely in that scenario.

quote:

1 and 2 are effectively the same, there's no real moral distinction between voting for a bad bill because you want it to happen versus voting for a bad bill randomly because you don't care. Disorganization is ruled out because the bill passed the senate with unanimous consent.

None of this bizarre quibbling changes the facts, you're just playing games, the same kind of deliberate obtuseness Republicans resort to defend poo poo Trump says and does "oh but you can't look into his heart so who can say if his intentions were good or bad". Who cares, I care about results.

Process absolutely matters and, when it involves a large group of people, is never as opaque as a person's thoughts. Whether it was an issue of leadership or requires replacing members, it's good to know what the problem is rather than deciding it is what you want it to be before you try to fix it, and different problems can produce the same outcome, so post-hoc rationalization isn't useful, even if you're probably right.

The Senate might have had different issues and certainly had different leadership, so lumping it in with the House doesn't seem terribly helpful. IIRC Reid was Minority Leader at the time and he was at least more effective than Schumer, so it does seem likely that he was OK with the bill rather than not caring or being unaware of what was going on, for example.

You still haven't done anything but assert you're right. Someone somewhere has probably written about this with little things like supporting facts and interview sources.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Dick Trauma posted:

Those were his before and after pics he traded his soul for untold wealth and corruption. Jared on the left is the guy who would buy someone a coffee that's behind him in line, Jared on the right buys the coffee place to put just one person he doesn't like out of a job.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dick Trauma posted:

As usual the question of "what happened" to all these chuds is "being a remorseless uncaring prick happened"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

If you wouldn't have told me it was Kushner, I would have guessed Hannity.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

High end dermatology and cosmetic surgery, along with regular botox shots, same as every other rich person.

I wonder how the big orange baby is going to respond to all these state coalitions popping up to coordinate pandemic response.

https://twitter.com/kimmaicutler/status/1249779366323556352

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

why is the cop drunk, aren't cops supposed to be good?

I know it was a political lifetime ago and from a quainter-time. But that is the "Beer Summit. "

That was the police officer who arrested noted academic and intellectual Henry Louis Gates for being black forgetting the keys to his own home. And then Obama got shamed into buying the cop a beer and inviting him to the White House to drink said beer with him and Henry Louis Gates, because Obama had the temerity to say the racist police officer "acted foolishly."

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Push El Burrito posted:

But what if we pump out all the oil as fast as possible then there's no oil left and we will have to do something else!

Oh you sweet summer child! You’re too small and young to remember this but before there was gasoline and petroleum, we used whale oil to light our lanterns. In fact killing all the whales in the world so there was no more whale or oil spurred innovations like the car and plastics! That means that we when we run out of oil we’re going to come up with something else that’s even better! Can’t wait!!!

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/markos/status/1249804478963826688

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Matthew 4:7 English Standard Version posted:

Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Grayly Squirrel posted:

I know it was a political lifetime ago and from a quainter-time. But that is the "Beer Summit. "

That was the police officer who arrested noted academic and intellectual Henry Louis Gates for being black forgetting the keys to his own home. And then Obama got shamed into buying the cop a beer and inviting him to the White House to drink said beer with him and Henry Louis Gates, because Obama had the temerity to say the racist police officer "acted foolishly."

omg lol of course I forgot about that

cops are bad now because one of them had a beer with the president instead of arresting Obama and Gates for impertinence

luckily the cops murdered a bunch of unarmed black men after that (and before that too), so they've since earned their way back into McNaughton's good graces

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Charliegrs posted:

President Nunez, Arpaio, Jordan, etc would have exactly the same level of support from the crazy rubes as Trump has. Apparently a lot of people just need a fascist strong man in their life and they'll latch on to whoever it may be.

I don’t know all the performative sucking of Cuomo and Fauci.Leads me to believe that liberals love them some authoritarian strong men too. They just tend to get off more on the daddy hold me factor versus the gently caress yeah burn it all down factor of Trump

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1249785453613649926
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1249785455782105093

Graham ignoring the fact that COVID-19 wasn't a loving pandemic in January.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

It will never stop pissing me off that his children and their spouses are involved in all this so heavily and it's just a normal thing now.

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

omg lol of course I forgot about that

cops are bad now because one of them had a beer with the president instead of arresting Obama and Gates for impertinence

luckily the cops murdered a bunch of unarmed black men after that (and before that too), so they've since earned their way back into McNaughton's good graces

I think its more the heroic cop (and therefore all cops) is/are ashamed of being made into a public spectacle by the race-baiting Obama and Gates. Hence the hand half-covering the face, and the inattentive, saddened tilt to the mug of beer. He is a martyr figure in this particular work of trash art.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Pick posted:

Yes he did. Just freaking look it up.

The burden of proof is on the claimant. You look it up and prove it or gently caress off.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Dick Trauma posted:

He peeked inside the Ark

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

DeeplyConcerned posted:

I don’t know all the performative sucking of Cuomo and Fauci.Leads me to believe that liberals love them some authoritarian strong men too. They just tend to get off more on the daddy hold me factor versus the gently caress yeah burn it all down factor of Trump

This has always been true

capitalism is inherently opposed to democracy, because democracy is based on the principle of one man one vote, and capitalism is based on the principle of he who has the gold makes the rules

liberals support a bourgeois democracy where only the right people get to vote, and as long as the system suppresses the votes of the economic underclass and the corporate media manufactures consent from the poor that manage to vote, liberals will pay lip service to the idea of democracy.

but the instant that the poor actually vote in a way that threatens the propertied class, they start talking about the dangers of populism and demagoguery, and well maybe an oligarchy of wealthy elites need to take control, for the good of the confused benighted commoners of course.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Angry_Ed posted:

I mean really this is such an amazing tableau of incompetence. We have

- A balanced-budget amendment hawk (Meadows)
- Unqualified nepotism spot (Ivanka)
- Idiot Failson in law (Kushner)
- Actual Bond Villian (Mnuchin)
- Reaganite Wall Street Cokehead (Kudlow)
- China-hating Tariff lover (Lightizer)
and
- Actual "King of Bankruptcy" (Ross)

The Magnificent 7 they aren't.

mnuchin isn't even a bond villain, he's like a villain's hangers-on who gets fed to tigers to show that the actual villain means business

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

This should be fun :allears:

Going to own when all but the most bootlicker governors tell him to pound sand, and he tries to start a second civil war

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Better in the other thread

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Grayly Squirrel posted:

I think its more the heroic cop (and therefore all cops) is/are ashamed of being made into a public spectacle by the race-baiting Obama and Gates. Hence the hand half-covering the face, and the inattentive, saddened tilt to the mug of beer. He is a martyr figure in this particular work of trash art.

oh yeah that makes sense

goes along with the crying Airborne soldier (who is definitely not gay) eating the gay wedding cake and sobbing over all the cock and rear end he's getting now. Because all the hot man-on-man action in the military is forced on our brave muscular boys by Obama and the liberal media. Dudes banging other dudes in the barracks is definitely not at all something that goes on all the time and is certainly not hot as hell.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

why is sarah pallin behind pelosi? and I think one of the people behind schumer is hunter biden.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Good. I doubt it will matter but maybe if the dead bodies of enough of these false prophet rear end grifters pile up high enough, we'll get through to some of these dumb gently caress church nutters.

But I doubt it.

Still, good. You wanted to meet God one day, right motherfucker?

Getting tired of the religious bullshit behind this I guess. No, Jesus won't save you from the Rona. If y'all (evangelicals) read the bible even badly you'd know that. But alas....

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Wisconsin results coming in... Would be nice if the Koch chud lost in the state supreme court race.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

States do, after all, have the right to suck it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

ManBoyChef posted:

why is sarah pallin behind pelosi? and I think one of the people behind schumer is hunter biden.

I believe that's supposed to be Maxine Waters.

Who's the person in the front on the left?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

ManBoyChef posted:

pretty sure that's supposed to be Maxine Waters, not Sarah Palin

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Wisconsin results coming in... Would be nice if the Koch chud lost in the state supreme court race.

The Wisconsin Supreme court will probably just overturn the results if that were the case because the election was so lovely

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

oh yeah that makes sense

goes along with the crying Airborne soldier (who is definitely not gay) eating the gay wedding cake and sobbing over all the cock and rear end he's getting now. Because all the hot man-on-man action in the military is forced on our brave muscular boys by Obama and the liberal media. Dudes banging other dudes in the barracks is definitely not at all something that goes on all the time and is certainly not hot as hell.

I completely missed the cake. There is always more, and its always worse.

And certainly not. There are no homosexuals in our glorious military. For instance, I for one cannot imagine anything gay or gay-like going on in those submarine crews. Which are still male-only... in tight quarters under the surface for months at a time... with nothing but their own sweaty bodies for company... We keep it men-only so there aren't any girls around to distract those brave, strapping, studly young sailors with their cooties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I believe that's supposed to be Maxine Waters.

Who's the person in the front on the left?

AOC, no clue with the sunglasses, Schiff, Nadler?