Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

rip and tear fellas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Kikuyu runners a bit like guts so yeah

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
screaming at the blackjack daisies that they'll never hurt me again

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

maxe posted:

also check out this cool photo of the moon i took

Nice Moon photo dude. I looked at the sky and saw only one (1) contrail (water vapour jet exhaust cloud) today. The sky is really clear. All the cars not driving maybe? Light pollution should be down 'cos every oval office is at home. I should re-assemble my USSR 130 mm telescope. It's full of spiders. Gah. How do you polish a telescope mirror delicately positioned inside a tube?

:420:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

yoloer420 posted:

My grandmother died from covid-19 today. poo poo is very hosed.

If you know anyone breaking isolation or social distancing rules please snitch on them via crimestoppers.

Snitching is officially good now, but only for this one thing ok.

:smith:

The Dirtiest Harry
May 31, 2011

"Now you know why they call me Dirty Harry: every dirty job that comes along."

Megabound posted:

I started playing CK2 again and it feels like it's gunna stick real bad this time.

Last time I got the flu I got into HOI4, I swear I started seeing province boundaries and little unit pips when I closed my eyes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ah work tomorrow that could be 100% be done remotely, and would be really great for my mental health, but won't even if you ask to work from home due to ~reasons~

Sure do wish it was mandatory to allow employees to work remotely if you request it and your employer is able to offer it (They're able to offer it)

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Lolie posted:

Is this thread a bubble? We seem to be considerably less hysterical about covid-19 here than posters in the other GBS threads where it's being discussed.

We are loving Australians :australia: (basically immune to something ... (I forget what I was going to say) [Insert something intelligent]). Umm convicts. Diggers. Snakes. Island continent. Red sand.

It's so quiet here now (and it's normally pretty loving quiet) I could hear a baby bird calling this morning, making a strange sound. I was like what the gently caress is that?

It can only have been a baby Kookaburra practising. I would stake my life on it.

:350:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Womp posted:

Just saw something terrible goons....my empty weed jar :smithicide:

I am good now.

:)

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Spent the arvo wondering around the local cemetery at Woronara. We were planning a short bushwalk in the national Park nearby but it was closed. The Greeks have such clean, immaculate and extravagant graves

It's "Woronora" oval office.

Just walk down the track between the cemetery fence and the sporting fields. You'll hit the river eventutally.

E: I made you a map dude.

Blow fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 13, 2020

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Ah work tomorrow that could be 100% be done remotely, and would be really great for my mental health, but won't even if you ask to work from home due to ~reasons~

Sure do wish it was mandatory to allow employees to work remotely if you request it and your employer is able to offer it (They're able to offer it)

Having my daily breakdown crying and smoking on the back step before I head into the office to face more death. I've organised a few days off every week into the future since my holidays for my bday got cancelled I've got a month of extra leave I had been saving for my first holiday in 5 years and all I can really do instead is minimise exposure time to the outside world.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
When the coronavirus crisis is over, I never want to hear/read the phrase "we're all in this together" again.

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*

Blow posted:

It's "Woronora" oval office.

Just walk down the track between the cemetery fence and the sporting fields. You'll hit the river eventutally.

E: I made you a map dude.

gently caress that, it's 'Wonnie'.

There's a walkway under the big road bridge too - highly recommended.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Lolie posted:

When the coronavirus crisis is over, I never want to hear/read the phrase "we're all in this together" again.

We are one, but we are many.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

NBN appointment between 8-12 today

10 internets to the person who guesses when they actually show up

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The Dirtiest Harry posted:

Last time I got the flu I got into HOI4, I swear I started seeing province boundaries and little unit pips when I closed my eyes.

It has officially entered my dreams and as I woke I came to the realisation that I need to marry my second son of matrillinearly so I don't break up the realm on succession and can unite Hispania under glorious Catholic rule.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Last coherent thought on my deathbed

"Tommy Vercetti is an innocent man!"

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Megabound posted:

It has officially entered my dreams and as I woke I came to the realisation that I need to marry my second son of matrillinearly so I don't break up the realm on succession and can unite Hispania under glorious Catholic rule.

I have very consciously resisted the temptation of getting back into CK2 because I actually need to get some work done while at home.

I am pretty hyped for CK3 though.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

McSpergin posted:

4:30 and leave by 5:00

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

McSpergin posted:

If you form up the dough, then shape them straight after first proof and then do the poach and bake that's no issue yeah?

Mrs decided we should wait to cook them till this morning cos the recipe said to fridge them overnight but I did that and they went all sad and flat in the fridge, I just think that's the fridge being cold and CO2 compressing in the cold

Yeah, if I remember correctly it's: get yeast rising with hot water and syrup, mix ingredients, let rise a little bit (5-10 mins), cut into 4.3oz chunks. Roll into rings, allow to rise for about 20 mins (or until they float almost immediately in the poach (don't forget honey in the water), poach for 5-30 seconds, drain, add toppings, bake at 400F(?) and bake for 12 mins (give or take, depending on oven). Keep in mind these were bastardized bagels that were made for sandwiches instead of authenticity. You want a warm room (23C or so), things go much slower if it's cold.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

McSpergin posted:

gonna say 4.20

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Elrond Hubbard posted:

gently caress that, it's 'Wonnie'.

There's a walkway under the big road bridge too - highly recommended.

You are right on both counts. The Wonnie or Wonny is correct.

And the under bridge walk is loving awesome.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

McSpergin posted:

Thursday

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

gonna say 4.20

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Outrail posted:

Yeah, if I remember correctly it's: get yeast rising with hot water and syrup, mix ingredients, let rise a little bit (5-10 mins), cut into 4.3oz chunks. Roll into rings, allow to rise for about 20 mins (or until they float almost immediately in the poach (don't forget honey in the water), poach for 5-30 seconds, drain, add toppings, bake at 400F(?) and bake for 12 mins (give or take, depending on oven). Keep in mind these were bastardized bagels that were made for sandwiches instead of authenticity. You want a warm room (23C or so), things go much slower if it's cold.

Choice

I just finished baking off a batch that I did with 50/50 rye and bread flour and the flavour is incredible. We have been using malt syrup in place of honey, poaching for a minute either side, but did the proof after shaping for the entire night slowly. Mainly because the ambient temps are cool enough to get away with it at night here

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

The wildlife seems to be taking over.

I disturbed a huge colony of 5 (five) fruit bats chilling in an overhanging tree (bottlebrush or paperbark, dunno it was dark) last night walking up to the bottle shop.

They were hanging upside-down over the footpath (sidewalk) at head height when I startled them and they took off one by one. They were so close I could have grabbed one. I was pretty wasted. It was a bit trippy.

---

Saw this little dude just now. Not bad for a phone pic if I do say so.

Deinopis subrufa.

"Net-casting spiders are common in bushland and gardens. By day they hide, stick-like, among foliage. By night they build beautiful little webs about the size of a postage stamp and made of thick, bluish-white cribellate silk. The web structure and web spinning behaviour reveal that the net is a highly modified orb web and net casting spiders are descended from orb-weaving ancestors."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

McSpergin posted:

Choice

I just finished baking off a batch that I did with 50/50 rye and bread flour and the flavour is incredible. We have been using malt syrup in place of honey, poaching for a minute either side, but did the proof after shaping for the entire night slowly. Mainly because the ambient temps are cool enough to get away with it at night here

Noice.

If you want to get fancy put a bunch of raisins in the dough mix and roll them in cinnamon sugar before baking. Great with melted butter.

I've been thinking about trying for soughdough bagels. It can't be that hard, he said foolishly.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Outrail posted:

Thursday

A powerful new contender appears

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
My nbn guy turned up in wet boardies and a board on his ladder rack
Gap was pumping apparently.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im moving in a few weeks i hope the connect the internet in a timely fashion

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Apparently it used to be kevin rudds house its got 3 decks and heating in the floor

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Order of 95 bulbs arrived. Hoping the seed and live plant orders also arrive this week.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Blood bank in melb CBD is real busy. They check your temp before letting you in, mine is unusually low so I obv. have reverse coronavirus.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

EoinCannon posted:

Blood bank in melb CBD is real busy. They check your temp before letting you in, mine is unusually low so I obv. have reverse coronavirus.

Or a vampire with Coronavirus!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the old ladies in the shops are like shameless plague carriers, they do not give a gently caress and just lump together and block every aisle touching every piece of progress. I guess they are like "I will die soon anyway, whatever"

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Megabound posted:

Or a vampire with Coronavirus!

I do have a heart rate in the low 30s so there might be something in that. My vital signs are not strong in general.
And I lust for blood

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Isaac posted:

Apparently it used to be kevin rudds house its got 3 decks and heating in the floor

This is going to end up with me saying, years from now, "well, I remember when the Prime Minister used to bezopost from Captains Flat with his best mate, a blind hen."

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I will make this a reality

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Your current position

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Mr Internet appeared at half past 10, almost bang on in the middle of the window

Currently loving about with modem settings on a new Netgear router/modem because Optus didn't bother to send me one on time when I ordered one 3 weeks ago lmao