Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

bird cooch posted:

Wait. Are these real?

Yep.

e:

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probably takes a while because of covid. plus other poo poo.

Any absentee postmarked by election day counted if it was received by today

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
never would have thought "nice meltdown" would be a response to a presidential presser but uh welcome to the new poo poo I guess

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1249828258293714944

If this holds I'm actually thinking that Biden will win. Trump has no path without winning Wisconsin.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Have the chyrons ever said “Trump lies about....” using the actual word lie?

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

OK I don't understand this, the WI election was almost a week ago but they are still just trickling out results?

It's also not a legitimate election

Waiting until today was part of the court order. If Dems had gotten their way absentee balloting would have been extended and we would be waiting even longer.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1249828258293714944

If this holds I'm actually thinking that Biden will win. Trump has no path without winning Wisconsin.

yeah. its(sadly) not a policy election this year. trump and the GOP are a loving nightmare for a majority for alot of folks in this country. people are angry and tire of this bullshit, not to mention the various crimes trump admin has done. its hosed. i think a blue wave may happen this year, gods willing.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
And in news that should be surprising to no one.

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1249829592719917059

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Killer robot posted:

Waiting until today was part of the court order. If Dems had gotten their way absentee balloting would have been extended and we would be waiting even longer.
Oh was it? I missed that part.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

If the media doesn’t change something about their reporting of Trump, then that saying about capitalism selling the rope it will be hanged with is going to be quite relevant.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 13, 2020

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Djarum posted:

And in news that should be surprising to no one.

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1249829592719917059
There goes that last shred of credibility

The media has really dropped the ball in every possible way during this presidency, and things like this are not helping.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

Have the chyrons ever said “Trump lies about....” using the actual word lie?

I think so, if I ever catch it I’ll screenshot it.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

The media has really dropped the ball in every possible way during this presidency, and things like this are not helping.

loooooool

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. its(sadly) not a policy election this year. trump and the GOP are a loving nightmare for a majority for alot of folks in this country. people are angry and tire of this bullshit, not to mention the various crimes trump admin has done. its hosed. i think a blue wave may happen this year, gods willing.

While I think this is generally correct, and that negative partisanship will be a driver for Dem turnout in unprecedented ways, I cannot stress enough that having any takeaways about November from these results is just the dumbest poo poo. Even if the results are unexpectedly good for Dems! Between the pandemic, the "Election is postponed! Nevermind, still on!", and the polling closures throughout the state, this is all bizarre enough that there's nothing worth taking away from it for November.

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

:fap:

I would love to be working for some PAC right now, putting together an ad based almost exclusively on this presser and the direct contradictory evidence. Maybe throw in a guy windsurfing.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1249833061660975107

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1249833150907330561

Cool, cool, not disturbing at all

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

good. i had to turn it off because i was red faced rage. worked out hard so now i feel a little better.

Stop watching these. I did and I've been doing a lot better ever since. I'm not like sneering at you smugly, this is an honest plea from someone who knows. I wanted to eat a bullet when I was watching these on the reg. It's staring right into the mental health abyss. "It's all bullshit, and it's bad for ya.." -- George Carlin

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1249834101999353858
lol

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

OK I don't understand this, the WI election was almost a week ago but they are still just trickling out results?

It's also not a legitimate election

today is the mail-in ballot deadline, with so many people voting by mail thanks to the coronavirus, it wouldn't have made any sense to announce partial results

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

People ITT might enjoy the C-SPAM NY Times thread, which keeps a careful catalogue of NYT bullshit. In short, the bullshit is staggering, it's daily, and it goes back decades.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

He was so close to saying "The president can do whatever he wants" but he caught himself and said "The president can do what the president can do".

And as I type this he just said he has total authority over the country.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So the party of States Rights is going to trigger a crisis by the Federal Government overreaching and forcing the hand of states/cities, guess everyone saw this coming.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

socialsecurity posted:

So the party of States Rights is going to trigger a crisis by the Federal Government overreaching and forcing the hand of states/cities, guess everyone saw this coming.

Nobody believes the GOP is the party of states' rights, not even the GOP.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 14, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Paracaidas posted:

While I think this is generally correct, and that negative partisanship will be a driver for Dem turnout in unprecedented ways, I cannot stress enough that having any takeaways about November from these results is just the dumbest poo poo. Even if the results are unexpectedly good for Dems! Between the pandemic, the "Election is postponed! Nevermind, still on!", and the polling closures throughout the state, this is all bizarre enough that there's nothing worth taking away from it for November.

oh i know. i just have strong suspicions.

he desperately wants to be a king.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Medullah posted:

Yup, this is a crazy one. Fox News of course had "Trump not firing Fauci, a 'Wonderful guy'"

I'm sorry, I know people want him to stop having these but be becomes so unhinged, it's hard for him to invoke fake news when he's on camera.
Yeah NBC doesn't show the press conferences anymore, and they didn't cover this at all on the national news tonight.

I half-remember a quote from some journalist a while ago where he mentioned that editors would reject any attempt to directly transcribe a Trump quote as being "too partisan." The decision to stop airing the conferences feels like it comes from the same place.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

The Angry Bum posted:

He is completely owning the media there at these events because the news organizations are cutting away and not showing the full derangement of what he's saying. Heavily sanitized clips will air later and that'll be it. And NO ONE will dare call him out on it. And yet the News keeps doing the same mistakes that got him elected in the first place.

They have get the point across of "holy poo poo, he just played an OANN style campaign ad during a press conference about a pandemic" without either:

- Giving him hours of free airtime to air his grievances
- Sanitizing it all away, so you only get the bits where he stays on point and making him look like a not-crazy person.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i do like that this stupid prick thinks he is way more popular than he is.

volts5000 posted:

They have get the point across of "holy poo poo, he just played an OANN style campaign ad during a press conference about a pandemic" without either:

- Giving him hours of free airtime to air his grievances
- Sanitizing it all away, so you only get the bits where he stays on point and making him look like a not-crazy person.

this. trump isnt helping himself and while yeah i think alot of the news folk would love to kiss decorum boot/strong leadership, trumps not that and its super obvious now and they realize they get lots of views of him being a dumb loving rear end in a top hat and than them calling him out on it. like obviously they could be alot better, but this isnt the UK yet.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Medullah posted:

He was so close to saying "The president can do whatever he wants" but he caught himself and said "The president can do what the president can do".

And as I type this he just said he has total authority over the country.

It's weird how that totally contradicts his rationale for refusing to force governors to shut down their states, that it's a state's rights issue.

So weird.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
I think the trend in American politics for this decade is that we're going to see progressive policy primarily being pushed at the state level instead of the national level. California and some other states may try creating their own single payer systems, continue with drug legalization, rent control, green energy programs etc.

States may form compacts with each other for trade, policy, and other reasons.

Especially if Trump wins again and abortion and civil rights are completely rolled back at the federal level, we're going to see basically multiple de-facto "countries" emerge, and the federal government is going to become a figurehead.

One could make comparisons to feudal Japan, Rome after the 3rd century, the Spring and Autumn period of China, and various other historical empires in their decline.

This is my somewhat serious, most likely wrong, Nostradamus prediction.

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 14, 2020

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If Democrats pull this off in Wisconsin, I'm going to start believing Biden might actually win this.

Usually it sucks to be part of a party that can only win by default, but on the other hand hey sometimes that means you get to win by default :toot:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Al-Saqr posted:

Next time, no more soft cowards like Bernie who considered people like Biden as 'their friend'. gently caress offf.

I don't think this is entirely fair.

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's cool that the president's idiot children get to work for the administration in extremely important roles.

Yeah, but I heard Hunter Biden might be up to no good and Trump has problems with nepotism.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 14, 2020

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

WOWEE ZOWEE posted:

I think the trend in American politics for this decade is that we're going to see progressive policy primarily being pushed at the state level instead of the national level. California and some other states may try creating their own single payer systems, continue with drug legalization, rent control, green energy programs etc.

States may form compacts with each other for trade, policy, and other reasons.

Especially if Trump wins again and abortion and civil rights are completely rolled back at the federal level, we're going to see basically multiple "countries" emerge, and the federal government is going to become a figurehead.

One could make comparisons to feudal Japan, Rome after the 3rd century, the Spring and Autumn period of China, and various other historical empires in their decline.

This is my somewhat serious, most likely wrong, Nostradamus prediction.

On a national policy level, as goes California, so goes the nation--can't roll back fuel economy initiatives out of pure malice and spite if California jumps out ahead of them.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I'm wondering at what point the press just starts needling him w/ Qs like "what do you think about the tensions in Wakanda" or "would you describe your father as affectionate?"

You're not going to get anything useful out of these meetings anyway; might as well swing for the fences

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Sodomy Hussein posted:

On a national policy level, as goes California, so goes the nation--can't roll back fuel economy initiatives out of pure malice and spite if California jumps out ahead of them.

as a reminder, the reason your kids' textbooks say slavery was actually no big deal has a name, and that name is Texas

that sword cuts both ways

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't think this is entirely fair.

Nah, it is. And I like Bernie. But he's sold his soul to the DNC two elections in a row now after being knifed in the back each time. He's just too drat nice.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If a hilarious self own by the Wisconsin GOP, the biggest, most Koch whorish Koch whores that ever did Koch whore can't put a smile on your face in dark times, literally nothing will.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Xand_Man posted:

I'm wondering at what point the press just starts needling him w/ Qs like "what do you think about the tensions in Wakanda" or "would you describe your father as affectionate?"

You're not going to get anything useful out of these meetings anyway; might as well swing for the fences

best part is he would just bullshit the first one.

mcmagic posted:

If a hilarious self own by the Wisconsin GOP, the biggest, most Koch whorish Koch whores that ever did Koch whore can't put a smile on your face in dark times, literally nothing will.

did they lose or was it super close?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Pick posted:

What part of Bernie's platform was especially concerned with violence against women?

In 2016 he literally referred to women's rights as "a distraction".

Pick posted:

Yes he did. Just freaking look it up.

"just look it up" is literally what republicans respond with when I challenge them on literally everything.

gotta be a coincidence that last week you were advocating for voting for biden no matter what. you're totally arguing in good faith, i'm sure.

nah, you're an absolute loving liar. bad faith as gently caress.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 14, 2020

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

VH4Ever posted:

Nah, it is. And I like Bernie. But he's sold his soul to the DNC two elections in a row now after being knifed in the back each time. He's just too drat nice.

What other options did Bernie have to run for president than to attempt to co-opt the Democratic primary? Run as a third party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

best part is he would just bullshit the first one.

did they lose or was it super close?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/07/us/elections/results-wisconsin-spring-elections.html

It's looking good.