Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

shovelbum posted:

Do you get ppe

no but we do get peepee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I must say, as a career EHS person, I've been enjoying the widespread and regular use of the term PPE

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

oxsnard posted:

Why wouldn't they be?

because they're not breathing and it's not like your cells are cranking out covid anymore after you die so just wait a day or 2 after death and you can basically guarantee your corpse is plague free. It's certainly not PATHOGEN free though so don't salivate for that corpse liquor

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

FizFashizzle posted:

don't get me started on gatlinburg

you can't expect us to take them AND myrtle beach. that's just too much

we don’t produce a lot, so we have to siphon money from the other alliances using tourism. it’s the only way. now enjoy your mandatory annual visit to the ripley’s museum.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

oof, my mother in law is an ME and less than a year from retirement.

of course she's also an ER nurse and also the nurse at the county jail. so yeah, roll the dice on which job she's going to get it from

and only one functioning lung after radiation

she's not unrealistic about it though. she texted us her DNR/no vent instructions

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

like if you wait a few days and maybe smoked a covid carrier's lungs you could prob just straight up eat them. The lungs will prob not go bad before the covid all decays but I'm not advocating consuming even day old covid victim lungs raw

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Marzzle posted:

yes for the yacht but an isolated estate or whatever doesn't need much in the way of staff to continue existing. The only insanely wealthy people I've brushed with just had like 1-2 "grounds keepers" (basically body men/goons) staffing their multi acre xanadu. I didn't know the rich person, just one of the goons. If you have enough money to isolate yourself from the hoipoli in the non pandemic times, you probably have a totally workable setup to quarantine as your own personal instacart dude dutifully deals with the real world while quarantining in staff housing in between supply runs.

My dad was one of those groundskeepers. I saw the billionaire CEO who lived there many times back in the 90's, never with more than one or two people if I recall. He hosted guests like once, I don't think I saw them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you may have a small staff but you’ll need a continuous stream of contractors coming by

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Dumb Lowtax posted:

My dad was one of those groundskeepers. I saw the billionaire CEO who lived there many times back in the 90's, never with more than one or two people if I recall. He hosted guests like once, I don't think I saw them.

yep. shockingly, the extremely wealthy will feel nothing more than inconvenience from this world changing event much like they experience from every global calamity other than political revolution

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

euphronius posted:

you may have a small staff but you’ll need a continuous stream of contractors coming by

for what? your incredibly poorly thought out kitchen remodel?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Marzzle posted:

houses need tons of work all the time

esp enormous houses with tons of land

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

how many plumbers and electricians are home owning goons churning through? If your house has had preventative maintinence, you can probably go decades without having a contractor do anything if a building is well constructed.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Bearjew posted:

no but we do get peepee

:trumppop:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1249879043266072576

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:q:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Marzzle posted:

tehres been tons of posts by celebs over the last few weeks where they complain about having to do poo poo like cook meals, clean and talk to their kids

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

do people not believe that the ultra wealthy are making drat sure their multimillion dollar country villa will stand for 100 years? They ain't livin' in mcmansions...

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Hahahahaha pullin the ol BoJo

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

fingers crossed he gets the disease and dies of it, hopefully in horrible agony while he watches everyone laugh at him

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
help, quarantined and watching Tarzan in Manhattan, send weed n whiskey.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Marzzle posted:

how many plumbers and electricians are home owning goons churning through? If your house has had preventative maintinence, you can probably go decades without having a contractor do anything if a building is well constructed.

Any large facility needs a full engineering staff just to run large scale heating and cooling etc

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Marzzle posted:

because they're not breathing and it's not like your cells are cranking out covid anymore after you die so just wait a day or 2 after death and you can basically guarantee your corpse is plague free. It's certainly not PATHOGEN free though so don't salivate for that corpse liquor

If you’re sticking the bodies in a refrigerator to preserve the corpse you’re accidentally also preserving the virus, it won’t be for as long as a freezer but certainly longer than a random exposed-to-the elements surface, especially on the smooth plastic non-porous inside of a body bag in a fridge

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Marzzle posted:

do people not believe that the ultra wealthy are making drat sure their multimillion dollar country villa will stand for 100 years? They ain't livin' in mcmansions...
nobody in this thread doubts that rich people have money dude

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Marzzle posted:

They're not really drawing from a completely different base of knowledge and techniques or anything it's still the same construction techniques and materials just to make it insurable and buildable

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

“catching the virus from a false-negative recovered patient becuase the tests you sucked at procuring have a 100% negative test rate” would be ironic and good and therefore will not happen

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hvac, plumbing, security system, electrical, paint!!!!, roof, insulation, landscaping, pool, masonry!! (stone def does not last forever without work), rotting wood, windows, carpets, asphalt

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Stereotype posted:

fingers crossed he gets the disease and dies of it, hopefully in horrible agony while he watches everyone laugh at him

He needs to give it to Prnce and McConnell first.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

brugroffil posted:

“When somebody’s president of the United States, the authority is total, and that’s the way it’s gotta be.” ----Donald Trump

"I take no responsibility at all." ----Donald Trump

his feeble weakness is so strong :swoon:

:chaostrump:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

hvac, plumbing, security system, electrical, paint!!!!, roof, insulation, landscaping, pool, masonry!! (stone def does not last forever without work), rotting wood, windows, carpets, asphalt

Yeah exactly anything that's made to last is made to be constantly maintained instead of cute for a while and thrown away

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

brugroffil posted:

“When somebody’s president of the United States, the authority is total, and that’s the way it’s gotta be.” ----Donald Trump

"I take no responsibility at all." ----Donald Trump

With great power comes no responsibility.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shovelbum posted:

Yeah exactly anything that's made to last is made to be constantly maintained instead of cute for a while and thrown away

oh you mean like the dogs that used to be in all the shelters

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

pathetic little tramp posted:

With my suspected roni I tend to wake up feeling great. No chest pain, no numbness. Later in the day it shows up a little bit though.

The girlfriend bitched until we could get some milkshakes delivered so that's probably a hell of a vector though.

Dont date someone who cant go 2 days without wanting junk food, goddamn.

turmp

what would the phantom do?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

euphronius posted:

yeah but I am claiming a well constructed and maintained building can at least go a decade without maintenance if needed. HVAC durability has gotten worse over the years but I'm pretty sure you can get a unit that will last at least 10 years if you have unlimited money. The AC in the building I live in was from 1998 and got replaced last year

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 03:27 on Apr 14, 2020

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

oh you mean like the dogs that used to be in all the shelters

If dog walking wasn't "essential" under even the strictest lockdown they'd all still be in there for sure lmao, like you can walk your dog if you straight up have it

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

shovelbum posted:

The status symbol is a real working mask lmao

The real status symbol is not having to leave your home to interact with anyone.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

okay I've been away from the thread for awhile, what is this thread title referencing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Marzzle posted:

yeah but I am claiming a well constructed and maintained building can at least go a decade without maintenance if needed

maybe a month

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Marzzle posted:

Didn't someone here make a thread about how a lot of mansions are shoddily built and many rich people don't notice because they might visit the property only a few times in their lives?

Mansions like this don't exactly look built for longevity.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shovelbum posted:

If dog walking wasn't "essential" under even the strictest lockdown they'd all still be in there for sure lmao, like you can walk your dog if you straight up have it

Yeah those dogs are gonna be toast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

U-DO Burger posted:

okay I've been away from the thread for awhile, what is this thread title referencing