Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I feel like Pacifica and The Multiple State Council are going to get along and demand subservience from the rest of the states

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Oak Ridge, Tennessee.

that's the place that keeps getting broken into by 80 year old catholics

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

the new councils of states are capitalist organizations and must be destroyed

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

kind of want to create a little ai tool which will draw random country lines based on demographic + county data and generate funny lil names given n or a seed

balkanization maker

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I'd wonder if the east side of Ohio would join PA but then I realized that our goblin governor just banned liquor sales in the mahoning valley to people who don't have Ohio lisences since all the Plinkeys are crossing the border for sweet Ohio hooch

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

mycomancy posted:

What the gently caress is happening?

No one knows

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Stereotype posted:

I feel like Pacifica and The Multiple State Council are going to get along and demand subservience from the rest of the states

Wouldn't that encompass like 40% of the current US population?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

fully acceptable if i dont have to live in america anymore

heck, same

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
some lockheed dipshit trying to sell states on planes for their airforces when their manufacturing supply lines takes place over 700 zip codes

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

lol trump has put us all in such imminent danger as will not admit of delay

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

SorePotato posted:

the six state council warbands will destroy your weak and foolish communes. mark my words philly will come out on top
the west coast pact has the herlong california stockpile though

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

the state of texas is going to buy 500 billion dollars in F-35's to win their independence and be suprised when the plane that requires parts from 35 different states doesn't show up finished in 6 months

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

idk why everyone is getting worked up over the Balkans.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

oh is the usa breaking up?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

punchymcpunch posted:

nah but a few states are pursuing independent projects

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

"well we were going to get that to you but Texas just nuked Oklahoma after losing a football match to them which took out a good chunk of our parts finishing shops sooooooooooo"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

imminent danger, trump declared a fifty state emergency after all

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

laws don't loving matter anymore

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
The six state council is weak though in an actual nation building sense. No energy production, no industry and almost no agriculture.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

no but its nice to pretend that america could change

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the different parts of the us are much weaker individually and no one part is incredibly better than the others, in fact the privileging of nyc/bay area for being THE CENTER OF THE ECONOMY in so much liberal wank just glosses over the fact that a huge portion of the coastal city economy is the fake loving service/finance economy where we all sell weird financial products to each other, or tech ad bullshit scam economy

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

oxsnard posted:

The six state council is weak though in an actual nation building sense. No energy production, no industry and almost no agriculture.

The West Coast Pact however...

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

snoo posted:

laws don't loving matter anymore

this is true. we put up a tent a 6 person tent in the middle of our living room for the kids and no one stopped us

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

fermun posted:

the west coast pact has the herlong california stockpile though

Yeah California has stupid amounts of military hardware in storage because its A. Big, and B. Dry.

Also a gently caress load of naval bases.

Also that goon who pointed out that military manufacturing would be hilariously hosed is right lol. I forgot they always split up and spread out production as a politcal thing.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

BONGHITZ posted:

idk why everyone is getting worked up over the Balkans.

everyone is bored of corona so we need a new disaster

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Stereotype posted:

The West Coast Pact however...

Yeah they'd be pretty powerful, although you could dry out southern California's water supply pretty easily

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

FAUXTON posted:

Texas isn't gonna be part of anything because "gently caress you we'll just die" is ingrained so deeply into texas that they can't even do electrical generation purchasing from the rest of the country and their loving insane state grid is some ayn rand purestrain poo poo so you get rolling brownouts and price gouging at the same time

like there are these huge interconnection facilities that handle inter-regional grid balancing and texas was gonna get hooked up but backed out once they realized it could mean some federal regulation of their grid
true story texas also sells this to companies looking for grid redundancy for regional server farms

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'm glad to be in California
I'm from Washington state, was there till I was 40 then moved here
I never cared but I'm super grateful to live here now.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

true story texas also sells this to companies looking for grid redundancy for regional server farms

god that's dumb

Was it like 2 years ago that wholesale power hit something insane like 9 grand a MWh?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

oxsnard posted:

Yeah they'd be pretty powerful, although you could dry out southern California's water supply pretty easily

A goon somewhere on the forums does water infrastructure poo poo in Socal and can likely correct me but you can get hilarious amounts of water back if we just redirected all the water from the nut orchards in the central valley.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

oxsnard posted:

It rains more than it used to, seriously

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

shovelbum posted:

the different parts of the us are much weaker individually and no one part is incredibly better than the others, in fact the privileging of nyc/bay area for being THE CENTER OF THE ECONOMY in so much liberal wank just glosses over the fact that a huge portion of the coastal city economy is the fake loving service/finance economy where we all sell weird financial products to each other, or tech ad bullshit scam economy

Tbf, California has a lot going for it outside of the Bay Area in that we grow a ton of food. Until climate change and groundwater loss ravages the Central Valley, of course, which is due to start happening *checks* oh, it already started years ago, cool.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

nikosoft posted:

Tbf, California has a lot going for it outside of the Bay Area in that we grow a ton of food. Until climate change and groundwater loss ravages the Central Valley, of course, which is due to start happening *checks* oh, it already started years ago, cool.

also it's gonna be run by Feinstein or maybe the pomegranate people

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The only real nullification crisis is going to be about interstate travel though. While straight up balkanization might be unlikely, regional travel restrictions are absolutely going to be a thing as red states have explosive growth in cases while blue states effectively eradicate the virus and start trying to open things back up.

Hawaii is already trying to figure out what we are going to do since there are almost no new cases here but also we can't just let people back in.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

nikosoft posted:

Yeah, tons of ag in CA plus decent refining capacity and you could ramp up oil production if needed pretty quickly. Easy access to china and plenty of infrastructure to start manufacturing again if needed.

Likewise, Texas would be fine. Florida is absolutely megafucked in any sort of nation state scenario. Zero refining, no manufacturing, tons of lovely old people to take care of. You got fertilizer and that's it

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
For real, I am happy as poo poo to live in Northern California, but this has nothing to do with coronavirus and more that I am a small child that is terrified of tornados. Did you guys see those videos from yesterday??? No thanks, I'll happily pay my 69% income tax and never afford to buy a house just to avoid that.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

anime was right posted:

we're gonna be the new jersey of california, sorry

fuyck youre right

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

california would no doubt stay pretty buddy buddy with all the other pacific republics though. how do you like, move water again

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

FAUXTON posted:

also it's gonna be run by Feinstein or maybe the pomegranate people

Love those CONGRESS CREATED DUST BOWL!! signs that you get driving down 99. Although maybe those were only there during the Obama years...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

not an endorsement posted:

california would no doubt stay pretty buddy buddy with all the other pacific republics though. how do you like, move water again

put the recently unemployed to work lugging buckets around