Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's Gogs all the way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I thought it was agreed that the correct pluralization is Gogs-Agog.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A.o.D. posted:

I thought it was agreed that the correct pluralization is Gogs-Agog.

No, the plural of Gog-Agog depends on how many Gogs there are exactly: Gog-Somegogs, Gog-Manygogs, Gog-Alotofgogs, etc.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Gog-Allgog.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

A murder mystery in Throne, where it turns out that it was Gog Agog All Along.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
If gog kills agog, is it murder, suicide or a comedy sketch?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

frodnonnag posted:

All three! Tune in every night on Channel 667.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

frodnonnag posted:

A truly victimless crime.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Something I am a little unclear on - how sapient was gog-agog before they got the key? We've seen Gog get more articulate and comprehensible over just the span of the comic, were they like, barely connected psychic worms before this or am I just injecting additional meaning.

I'm mostly asking because the funniest possible backstory is that a demi-urge tried to jump the snake river canyon on the planet from SMAC and completely loving beefed it and woops now there's a worm-planet with godlike powers.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
the pursuer from Solomon's empire will be some secretary who noticed a discrepancy in the paperwork

the pursuer from Gog's media empire will be a news crew trying to get an exclusive interview

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tulip posted:

Something I am a little unclear on - how sapient was gog-agog before they got the key? We've seen Gog get more articulate and comprehensible over just the span of the comic, were they like, barely connected psychic worms before this or am I just injecting additional meaning.

I'm mostly asking because the funniest possible backstory is that a demi-urge tried to jump the snake river canyon on the planet from SMAC and completely loving beefed it and woops now there's a worm-planet with godlike powers.

I believe the backstory is something like "There was a princess who was literally consumed by her jealousy and became a pile of devouring worms."

I don't know how official that is. A lot of K6BD background comes from this proto-universe RPG thing the author ran on some forum somewhere. Not all of it is still the same.

I kinda like your version better, TBH.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Cat Mattress posted:

No, the plural of Gog-Agog depends on how many Gogs there are exactly: Gog-Somegogs, Gog-Manygogs, Gog-Alotofgogs, etc.

Gog-Googlegogs

frodnonnag posted:

Darth Walrus posted:

All three! Tune in every night on Channel 667.

The Agogstrocrats!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

fifty gog-agog is still one gog-agog

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Oops! All worms

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

ConfusedUs posted:

I believe the backstory is something like "There was a princess who was literally consumed by her jealousy and became a pile of devouring worms."

Someone posted at some point what Gog's story was, but I don't know if that version of the story is still canon. It boiled down to her dying as a normal human, filled with regret and obsession. These emotions were so powerful that the worms eating her corpse got cursed and gained sentience. She then devoured that universe's world in its entirety. A demiurge used a key to open the gate to this world, and was not prepared for what they found. Gog devoured them and effectively absorbed the key without knowing what it was, and was now no longer contained to their original universe. It also suggests she may not even be using the power of the key. She could easily not even know know how to (fully) use it, relying on the power of the original curse. She also may not know what she truly is: a magic copy imbued on a different life form. She still thinks she's the original.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Mindblast posted:

Someone posted at some point what Gog's story was, but I don't know if that version of the story is still canon. It boiled down to her dying as a normal human, filled with regret and obsession. These emotions were so powerful that the worms eating her corpse got cursed and gained sentience. She then devoured that universe's world in its entirety. A demiurge used a key to open the gate to this world, and was not prepared for what they found. Gog devoured them and effectively absorbed the key without knowing what it was, and was now no longer contained to their original universe. It also suggests she may not even be using the power of the key. She could easily not even know know how to (fully) use it, relying on the power of the original curse. She also may not know what she truly is: a magic copy imbued on a different life form. She still thinks she's the original.
Swamp-Athing

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

IMJack posted:

Gog-Googlegogs

The Agogstrocrats!

Gog-a-Google, Gog-a-Google one-of-us, one-of-us....

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Gog's danger level depends on how much she has her poo poo together at a given moment, which is mostly dependent on how pissed off she is. And she's been stewing for a while.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

To be fair, Gog-Agog is clearly 'approximately one New God of the Seven Part World' dangerous, which is to say, one of the most unpredictably and incomparably horrifying beings in the entire omniverse.

Solomon David also killed a demiurge and took his star-crown, so the two of them facing off seems like a fascinating and terrifying event. I'd be disappointed if he just got nommed, rather than 'his entire empire is thrown into Worm War and he's still only one man, even if he can kill an entire planet with his fists in surprisingly little time.'

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Joe Slowboat posted:

To be fair, Gog-Agog is clearly 'approximately one New God of the Seven Part World' dangerous, which is to say, one of the most unpredictably and incomparably horrifying beings in the entire omniverse.

Solomon David also killed a demiurge and took his star-crown, so the two of them facing off seems like a fascinating and terrifying event. I'd be disappointed if he just got nommed, rather than 'his entire empire is thrown into Worm War and he's still only one man, even if he can kill an entire planet with his fists in surprisingly little time.'

The problem with claiming Gog-aGog's Key is I'm willing to bet it's divided throughout their collective. You'd have to go through their 111,111 worlds punching nigh-infinite worms to reassemble it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Gog reveals that all of the concessions each have a worm, as everyone in the bleachers starts turning all at once.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Gog-Agog: And now...EVERYONE LOOK UNDER YOUR CHAIR!
Audience: [goes apeshit with glee]

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1249822586198020096?s=19

Other webcomic delays: ah man, it's so hard for these guys to keep focused on a schedule. Life happens I guess

KSBD delays: BAH GAWD HE'S CHARGING UP, HOLD ON TO YER HATS FOLKS

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
There are so many exploding characters to draw. Blood and guts is time consuming.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
You know those Family Circus comics that show a dotted-line trail of shenanigans? It's that, except Solly D's path of carnage through everyone dumb enough to come at him.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
A spread of everyone getting gibbed simultaneously* would be pretty badass.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr Subterfuge posted:

A spread of everyone getting gibbed simultaneously* would be pretty badass.

I'm hoping for the family-circus two-page spread, followed by a single-page followup of "This is what everyone else saw" as they all burst at the same time and Solomon barely moves.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm hoping for the family-circus two-page spread, followed by a single-page followup of "This is what everyone else saw" as they all burst at the same time and Solomon barely moves.

so was the one finger one point on the table a freeze frame while he ran home, got a jackhammer, and wailed on the table, ran home and put the jackhammer away and came back?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Bilirubin posted:

so was the one finger one point on the table a freeze frame while he ran home, got a jackhammer, and wailed on the table, ran home and put the jackhammer away and came back?

it is now

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Oh, Ki Rata focuses your strike at a point in time, not space.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

pseudorandom name posted:

Oh, Ki Rata focuses your strike at a point in time, not space.

The secret of Ki Rata is realizing that time and space are both just dimensions of consciousness.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

The secret of Ki Rata is that it is a bunch of bullshit to hide the fact you're moving real fast.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The secret of Ki Rata is bullets too slow.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Regalingualius posted:

The secret of Ki Rata is bullets too slow.

I suspect if you try to shoot Smuglord Dave with a sniper rifle you'll barely hear the rifle go "bang" before he's standing beside you, handing you back your bullet, and smugly asking if you misplaced it.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

M_Gargantua posted:

There are so many exploding characters to draw. Blood and guts is time consuming.

It actually would make sense for Doomguy to be Royalty and one of the 7.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

When you think about it, Doomguy has basically the same origin story as Solomon David.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Solomon David has made more jokes than he can count and none of them will inherit his empire.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

This is far and away the best dril six billions demons yet

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

nimby posted:

It actually would make sense for Doomguy to be Royalty and one of the 7.

Doomguy is extremely Royal, which is exactly why he wouldn't be one of the Big Seven, since demiurging would get in the way of ripping and tearing through every demon in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

How close is Doomguy to 6 billion?