Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

WarpDogs posted:

It's a shame this thing is dead, because FF7R coming out before it should be funny instead of just sad

Haha I hadn't thought of that and it is funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Guns except spelled with a Z

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

rodbeard posted:

Guns except spelled with a Z

Zuns?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
yeah a ck2 barkl mod would be cool

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

you turn the N sideways so it's GuZs

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Gortarius posted:

Lol, having a bug reporting/outside feedback would've been pretty swell back about 20 years ago when the project started.

I mean, at least compared to having it just 2 seconds before the whole thing collapsed.

Do you still talk to cboyardee by any chance? I wanted to use one of his songs and although just using it and hoping nobody tells me not to is in the spirit of barkley, I feel like it'd be nicer to ask.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

why is this thread still getting posts

b-ball tactics can still come out. . .

I actually streamed the original for some friends, some of whom had never seen it before. Made me sad that the devs got too ambitious for their own good, not that stuff like the turkey surgery mini game (lol) were exactly promising signs.

I blame $125,000 not being as much as it sounds like when it's split among several people.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 19, 2020

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Cuntellectual posted:

Do you still talk to cboyardee by any chance? I wanted to use one of his songs and although just using it and hoping nobody tells me not to is in the spirit of barkley, I feel like it'd be nicer to ask.

I actually streamed the original for some friends, some of whom had never seen it before. Made me sad that the devs got too ambitious for their own good, not that stuff like the turkey surgery mini game (lol) were exactly promising signs.

I blame $125,000 not being as much as it sounds like when it's split among several people.

I didn't talk to him much even before he went MIA and after that the only contact was the two posts he made here a year ago. You should ask Frankie, I've heard shady back alley rumours he sometimes collabs with cboy or something like that.

b-ball tactics will never come out, nor will Barkley 2, unless some lunatic purchases the thing from ToG's hands. In which case said lunatic will open up the project, take one look at it and hork. The only way to tolerate the project is to be subjected to it for years, slowly increasing dosage, so that your resistance to it grows. If you just go into it willy-nilly out of the blue with no prior exposure you will perish on the spot.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

You might talk to the Katana Zero devs, he did some work for them on that game.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gortarius posted:

I didn't talk to him much even before he went MIA and after that the only contact was the two posts he made here a year ago. You should ask Frankie, I've heard shady back alley rumours he sometimes collabs with cboy or something like that.

b-ball tactics will never come out, nor will Barkley 2, unless some lunatic purchases the thing from ToG's hands. In which case said lunatic will open up the project, take one look at it and hork. The only way to tolerate the project is to be subjected to it for years, slowly increasing dosage, so that your resistance to it grows. If you just go into it willy-nilly out of the blue with no prior exposure you will perish on the spot.

yes but have you considered that a new barkley game might come out and it might be good?

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
new vidcon idea (do not steal)

basketball rpg

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

B-ball tactics seemed cool so it's a shame it won't exist. Someone should rip it off honestly.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Tunicate posted:

yes but have you considered that a new barkley game might come out and it might be good?

Hmm, I have not. This thought has not entered my mind.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

Gortarius posted:

even if b2 never gets released (i'm still hoping up for 11/11/23), as a broke brained internet person, i had and still have too much fun with teny (whatever the gently caress that is, it tickles the stupid internet part of my brain), the not depressing parts of tnn, oo, ys kolob, brain city, everything cuchu, everything slag, everything cyberdwarf, the running mantis saga, the dojo dad saga, the cgrems, everything in the social, the word "terlet", and everything else i'm missing.

it's kinda sad to see such good writing gone to waste ngl

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Future Days posted:

even if b2 never gets released (i'm still hoping up for 11/11/23), as a broke brained internet person, i had and still have too much fun with teny (whatever the gently caress that is, it tickles the stupid internet part of my brain), the not depressing parts of tnn, oo, ys kolob, brain city, everything cuchu, everything slag, everything cyberdwarf, the running mantis saga, the dojo dad saga, the cgrems, everything in the social, the word "terlet", and everything else i'm missing.

it's kinda sad to see such good writing gone to waste ngl

I think you listed the entirety of what existed in the game.

I'm sort of bummed out the mantis and bunch of other poo poo that was actually fully realized wasn't in the demo, but what can you do. Also bummed that no one who streamed or did a video on it didn't show the fishing minigame.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Gortarius posted:

I think you listed the entirety of what existed in the game.

I'm sort of bummed out the mantis and bunch of other poo poo that was actually fully realized wasn't in the demo, but what can you do. Also bummed that no one who streamed or did a video on it didn't show the fishing minigame.

tbh, just like with everything else in the game, there was never a clear indication on how and when to get the fishing rod and the lures, and with combat being a non-feature, there's no incentive to get more gun's

in any case, i'll keep the moment where basketball dad's bald scalp emerges from a pond to offer cosmic advice in my heart forever

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Semper Games

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There's no hope for Barkley 2. Barkley 3, on the other hand....

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The B-Ball Purge began with Kobe
Now where will it end?

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

D
i
a
barkley 2
l
o

this has promise...

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

barkley 6 will be hidden inside frog fractions 3

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I do not know what gun's Barkley 3 will be fought with, but Barkley 4 will be fought with rock's and stick's.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

man its already been a year since all the poo poo came out?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Uncle Wemus posted:

man its already been a year since all the poo poo came out?

June

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Basketball

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

That was like five years ago

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

So I'm obvs bummed about this but anyone got a full compilation of cboyardee music? I saw he took a ton of stuff down :(

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

meat police posted:

So I'm obvs bummed about this but anyone got a full compilation of cboyardee music? I saw he took a ton of stuff down :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNPT3Sp8YPE

there's a bunch on this playlist, and a bunch in the barkley 2 release's audio folder. Not sure what the overlap is.

Incidentally, I find the fact that there was apparently like 15 mixes of Islam Is The Party Religion and none of them are in the game files to be both funny and probably indicative of a lot of the development.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

barkley 2 development was the real barkley 2

the promise was fulfilled

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cuntellectual posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNPT3Sp8YPE

there's a bunch on this playlist, and a bunch in the barkley 2 release's audio folder. Not sure what the overlap is.

Incidentally, I find the fact that there was apparently like 15 mixes of Islam Is The Party Religion and none of them are in the game files to be both funny and probably indicative of a lot of the development.

Man listening to JTT2 just makes me depressed.

This was the best of the WIP songs and thank you for linking the playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfOAJHhmxTA

It's funny the game you'd cook up in your head listening to these tunes and watching the very WIP clips they'd post when it updated regularly and it was absolutely nothing like what we ended up getting lol

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 27, 2020

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Patware posted:

barkley 2 development was the real barkley 2

the promise was fulfilled

Maybe one of the many great jokes that no one told me was to actually wait until 11.11.2023 before releasing the game.

The obvious problem being that you first need a game before you can release it. Some work still required on that front.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, there's plenty of time.

The promise, etc.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Was bball tactics released or was that just not done at all?

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

Was bball tactics released or was that just not done at all?

Yes. Sadly (or maybe hilariously), it's just hotseat. Iirc the online features are there, but that's tog quality for you. Still, it's probably the only thing close to 100% completion in the B2 saga.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Future Days posted:

Yes. Sadly (or maybe hilariously), it's just hotseat. Iirc the online features are there, but that's tog quality for you. Still, it's probably the only thing close to 100% completion in the B2 saga.

wrong

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

I hate "A New Legacy" as a subtitle

on the other hand...The Magical Realm of Tir na Nog - Escape From Necron 7: Revenge of Cuchulainn - The Official Game of the Movie: Chapter 2 of the Space Jam SaGa?

insanely good

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

This thread isn't dead or gassed yet??

Anyway random thought, replayed Majoras Mask recently and was struck by how much better it works. B2 would work a lot better if it was a short timeloop.

Have three in-game hours at ca 60 rl mins and just loop them forever. Time ends whren Cuchu flings the spaceship into the hell portal. When time runs out or you die you keep equipment and knowledge but everything resets.
Have Tir Na Nog be the only city, focuses the game more and makes it a lot shorter and a lot more likely to ever be done. Also forces shortening dungeons which has the same benefits.
Rename Tir Na Nog to Brain City because it's a much more interesting city concept. Just use the same tileset and maps with a few changed or added details.
Don't do villagers or events with intricate time schedules.
Keep quests like the waiting in line quest because its extra hilarious with the short time constraint.
Explain the time loop with Barkley Magic, daddy Bark is looking out for his boy.
There is no ocarina, instead the way to reset time is to die. This also helps combat a bit because what happens if you run out of bullets now is that you're dead, go try again.

Actually MM is a very well designed game.

Also FutureDays how did you find the scripts, were they part of the demo assets?

May the 1st Barkley game be with yall.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 1, 2020

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Wow I cant believe this thread still exists, are the game makers still around? I wonder what they have to say for themselves and how they're going to salvage their reputations after this disaster....

I didnt read too much into this, but apparently one of the members (the coder I think) completely ghosted the project and undermined it? that super sucks you guys I hope you guys can make a comeback at some point in the future...

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

This thread has been many times more entertaining than the game ever could've been.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Bisse posted:

This thread isn't dead or gassed yet??

Anyway random thought, replayed Majoras Mask recently and was struck by how much better it works. B2 would work a lot better if it was a short timeloop.

Have three in-game hours at ca 60 rl mins and just loop them forever. Time ends whren Cuchu flings the spaceship into the hell portal. When time runs out or you die you keep equipment and knowledge but everything resets.
Have Tir Na Nog be the only city, focuses the game more and makes it a lot shorter and a lot more likely to ever be done. Also forces shortening dungeons which has the same benefits.
Rename Tir Na Nog to Brain City because it's a much more interesting city concept. Just use the same tileset and maps with a few changed or added details.
Don't do villagers or events with intricate time schedules.
Keep quests like the waiting in line quest because its extra hilarious with the short time constraint.
Explain the time loop with Barkley Magic, daddy Bark is looking out for his boy.
There is no ocarina, instead the way to reset time is to die. This also helps combat a bit because what happens if you run out of bullets now is that you're dead, go try again.

Actually MM is a very well designed game.

Also FutureDays how did you find the scripts, were they part of the demo assets?

May the 1st Barkley game be with yall.
Sounds good. I'm looking forward to this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

I didnt read too much into this, but apparently one of the members (the coder I think) completely ghosted the project and undermined it? that super sucks you guys I hope you guys can make a comeback at some point in the future...
tl;dr the entire team ghosted the project leaving only delusional management/PR guy left to run it. a few months later about half the team emerged to proclaim the game dead and blow the lid on the shitshow that was the making of it. the short of it is inexperienced team with way too high ambitions and ironically way too little funding, topped by a really incompetent management/pr guy who eventually drove most team members away one by one.

this all prompted an actual demo release wow... which sucked loving poo poo, with a few gold nuggets if you dug through the poo poo. the game is now dead and everyone is doing other things and noone is ever touching this again because the game is really bad.

the team discord today consists of utter silence punctuated occasionally by bball memes

Bisse fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 1, 2020