Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
AverageTrey has a new video which i'm in but my credits are next to RWhiteGoose so i'm waiting for someone to tell me this guy's bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcS_OFIEQQo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is that really how you want to start off the conversation

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Aren't we all a little bit fascist-adjacent??

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

is that really how you want to start off the conversation

name a better place to keep my spreadsheet up to date

video seemed fine up until i saw RWhiteGoose in the credits lol

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Suspicious Dish posted:

name a better place to keep my spreadsheet up to date

video seemed fine up until i saw RWhiteGoose in the credits lol

your what?

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
Tha Cancel Grid

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

speedshunning.xlsx

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
was just watching a REmake speedrun tutorial by pessimism and i had to hesitate before clicking like at the end because i dont know if hes a nazi or not. 2020!

for real tho, hope hes not

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
The CRDQ games list and schedule is out: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

It's very...standard GDQ. Like an appetizer course of the typical games/blocks you get at a GDQ

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

To be fair I could really go for some standard GDQ right now. Standard anything, really.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Does pastebin do spreadsheets now?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
that game list is boring as gently caress which is pretty par for course for gdq's smaller events

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

huh

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress yeah doom eternal

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

when are we getting Step It Up 123 - The Original Jewish Dance Game!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

this is a decent leveraging of the format to do something unique because happyf33t's just got a Pump cabinet in his goddamn house and you can't exactly transport that with you to an event. Similar to Bishi Bashi in that regard, since they're both huge machines that don't travel super well. Anyway, that'll probably blow your minds since he's like literally one of the best players in the world.

bishi bashi meanwhile, is just going to be loud as poo poo. there is no format under which one can play bishi bashi and have it not be loud as poo poo

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

KariOhki posted:

The CRDQ games list and schedule is out: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

It's very...standard GDQ. Like an appetizer course of the typical games/blocks you get at a GDQ

Oh hey, that's like, tomorrow. Neat!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Corona Relief Done Quick is starting now with Donkey Kong Country!

https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

eonwe posted:

gently caress yeah doom eternal

Eh it's any% and there are a lot of out of bounds available

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

So if you haven't been watching CRDQ, the Pump It Up! run is a must watch. Yes, rhythm game, yadda yadda yadda no seriously watch that one.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
that man's feet

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

ElegantFugue posted:

So if you haven't been watching CRDQ, the Pump It Up! run is a must watch. Yes, rhythm game, yadda yadda yadda no seriously watch that one.

What honestly impressed me was how smoothly he moved across the pads. It was like he was genuinely gliding

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I got a donation reading GDQ WR during Super Mario 3 lol

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Little Mac posted:

I got a donation reading GDQ WR during Super Mario 3 lol

SMB3 was a hilarious run to watch.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i forget what it was called but there was this isometric platformer "rhythm game" where you were a cube moving around on other cubes i caught the tail end of and it was sick as hell. s o if you somehow know what that is from the description but haven't watched it i highly recommend it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

DisDisDis posted:

i forget what it was called but there was this isometric platformer "rhythm game" where you were a cube moving around on other cubes i caught the tail end of and it was sick as hell. s o if you somehow know what that is from the description but haven't watched it i highly recommend it.

I'm not familiar with the marathon's schedule, but this sounds like EDGE.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

DisDisDis posted:

From the VOD, was it this? The game is Vectronom.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Pump it up showcase was insane. Other runs that are top-tier:

Sonic Mania, which I think introduces Argick for the north american GDQ audience - ESA viewers know what's up
Dark Souls, they've broken the game even more since I last saw a run, completely insane tricks

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
Here's the vid, in case you missed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWLyvZwgD_0

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I have a question that's more tech set up related: How is GDQ handling different setups going to one live stream space? Does anyone know what they're using to make people call in from different states/countries and stream to the same acount? Asking here because not sure where else is better.

Excellent video, I got exhausted watching it. I have a new life goal: to own an arcade cabinet in my own home.

waffy
Oct 31, 2010
I started playing rhythm games almost 20 years ago with DDR (along with IIDX, Stepmania, and others) but I eventually stopped and have paid almost zero attention to that community for at least the last 10 years. So whenever I see a video like happyf333tz’s, it just blows my mind because that skill level is so far above and beyond what any player could do back then. It sounds like he started even earlier and just kept playing after all these years. I know this is the case with almost any kind of game/speedrun, but there’s just something about the progress in rhythm games that always resonates with me.

It’s also interesting because I never ran into Pump It Up as much and mostly ignored that series. It’s cool to see that it’s still alive and pushing out insanely challenging stuff.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Artelier posted:

I have a question that's more tech set up related: How is GDQ handling different setups going to one live stream space? Does anyone know what they're using to make people call in from different states/countries and stream to the same account? Asking here because not sure where else is better.

the way this is generally going is that there's a central computer that is handling the combining/outputting to twitch (likely using OBS or xsplit), and people are streaming from their home setups to said center with some sort of video call program (probably one of zoom or discord since they handle high quality video).

someone who works for gdq can probably give you specifics, but if you're asking so that you can do a similar thing personally that should be enough to get you going. the overlay software of today handles combining separate video sources pretty effortlessly these days tbh

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

flatluigi posted:

the way this is generally going is that there's a central computer that is handling the combining/outputting to twitch (likely using OBS or xsplit), and people are streaming from their home setups to said center with some sort of video call program (probably one of zoom or discord since they handle high quality video).

someone who works for gdq can probably give you specifics, but if you're asking so that you can do a similar thing personally that should be enough to get you going. the overlay software of today handles combining separate video sources pretty effortlessly these days tbh

Yup, I was asking to figure out how to do it for myself. Was already doing video call -> stream that window for me, was just wondering if there's a more elegant way to do it. Thank you!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Artelier posted:

Yup, I was asking to figure out how to do it for myself. Was already doing video call -> stream that window for me, was just wondering if there's a more elegant way to do it. Thank you!

they use an RTMP server people stream to for the gamefeed and a discord for the commentary audio.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SeXReX posted:

they use an RTMP server people stream to for the gamefeed and a discord for the commentary audio.
Yeah, it'll have to be RTMP for latency.
I still don't like that Twitch got rid of RTMP in favour of HLS. :(

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Starting soon, Romscout is doing the fabled SotN DDR Pad% speedrun Watch him dance on Dracula's grave.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pywCv7INoSo

Also he's back and streaming right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/darbian

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

The Chosen One's triumphant return. Darbian has sacrificed his thumbs to bring us speed runs.

Seriously he seems like he's in a much better place now. I am happy for him and wish him all the best. The haircut looks great too.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

i run doom now

https://twitter.com/Succinct_Punchy/status/1255704710646022145

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwTj0-URJH0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
another day, another episode of Things Not Going PJ's Way

PJ tried to have his terrible vehicle, Bert, really wallop this Jinjo and send it flying for a while. He gets a really good hit in, and...the game is just like "no"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u8--VaDzt4&hd=1&t=5148s

clarification someone requested: the goal is to launch the jinjo ball using some sort of vehicle designed for launching it as best as possible. PJ is doing the Choo Choo Challenge, where every vehicle he builds must be 3+ separate pieces connected only by Tow Bars, the glitchiest vehicle part in the game. He created Bert, the spinning, smoking, barely-controllable monstrosity, and tried to launch the jinjo for a while, before finally landing a perfect hit that would definitely win the challenge and it just...refused. it went rocketing off, before physics glitching out seemingly in defiance of PJ.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:40 on May 8, 2020