Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Funso Banjo posted:

GRID, Destiny 2: The Collection, Thumper, GYLT, SteamWorld Dig 2, SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech, Serious Sam Collection, Spitlings, and Stacks on Stacks (on Stacks)

That's all 9

That's so goddamn lovely. If that were a humble bundle, I wouldn't buy it because it sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I understand why they didn’t give you the entire list now. SteamWorld games are great, but they’re not really a killer app when you are trying to sell people on cloud gaming.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Wow, they didn't even list GYLT, their one exclusive. That's gotta hurt for those devs.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
"Guys, GOOGLE wants us to make a game for them! Exclusively! We're gonna be rich!"

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm genuinely curious about Thumper. It's a rhythm game so...

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Funso Banjo posted:

GRID, Destiny 2: The Collection, Thumper, GYLT, SteamWorld Dig 2, SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech, Serious Sam Collection, Spitlings, and Stacks on Stacks (on Stacks)

That's all 9

So are these the only games you can play for free with the new deal? I have tried reading about Stadia multiple times and the whole thing just confuses me.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

So are these the only games you can play for free with the new deal? I have tried reading about Stadia multiple times and the whole thing just confuses me.
Stadia is a store, it has no free games (outside this 2 month trial period). You can pay $10 per month to get a couple of random games of their choosing, of the sort listed there, or not subscribe and have access to 0 games unless you pay full retail price for them.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Its super good and the closest a rhythm game can get to being a survival horror.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I played through Thumper not long ago and it was amazing. It can be brutal and tense in a way that I've never seen with a "music" game, but the introduction of new mechanics and overall difficulty curve is very well done. Feels great when you're edge of your seat and suddenly getting through things that looked impossible to you earlier. Strong recommend from me.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Thumper itself might be a good game but playing a rhythm game with extra input lag :barf:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

The Stadia version of Thumper enlarged all the timing windows to make it playable.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Yeah I tried playing Thumper over my Steam Link (using powerline so not quite as good as ethernet but I'm not hacking my walls apart to run cables) and it was basically unplayable.

^^^ oh okay lol

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 11, 2020

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

pseudorandom name posted:

The Stadia version of Thumper enlarged all the timing windows to make it playable.

:lol:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

pseudorandom name posted:

Apparently this makes the actual rhythm part really weird, even if you won’t fail because of input lag alone.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

The correct thing to do would be adding server-side prediction and rollback to the game, but Google didn't spend the money to do that and nobody is going to bother with it for a dead-on-arrival annual bonus scam like Stadia.

And the end result would still be bad.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/ThumperGame/status/1212531033855295494

Here's the dev confirming it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Negative latency.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
If talking about Epic is banned in this thread could we also extend that Stadia, there are half a dozen threads on this site for people to complain about it already.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Sleeveless posted:

If talking about Epic is banned in this thread could we also extend that Stadia, there are half a dozen threads on this site for people to complain about it already.
Agreed. Time limited trials requiring a credit card aren't free games.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Assassin's Creed 2 (not brotherhood or revelations) will be free to keep on Tuesday on Uplay, apparently.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Assassin's Creed 2 (not brotherhood or revelations) will be free to keep on Tuesday on Uplay, apparently.

Nice, I haven't played it since playing ones later in the series, so I don't know if the gameplay has aged badly, but it's probably got my favorite story and favorite main character.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I played it last month and it holds up pretty well (the original AC not so much).

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Free small games of indeterminate quality on Steam:

Arcade Moonlander Plus
Gravity Wars
Transpose (VR required)

E: Also Ticket to Ride: First Journey. It's not a great version of TTR, but at least it's free!

Stickman fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 12, 2020

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The only things that don't hold up with AC2 is that it's still got the marionette control scheme and the PC port is simply adequate. Brotherhood was where they both ditched the former and started doing a better job with the latter.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The PC port of AC2 was also fairly controversial due to it requiring a constant internet connection. I dunno if they ever patched it out or what, but if the internet in your area's currently sucking up a storm due to everybody using it to the hilt, it might be worth keeping that in mind.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It supports offline mode these days.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Stickman posted:

E: Also Ticket to Ride: First Journey. It's not a great version of TTR, but at least it's free!

There is no good version of Ticket to Ride, that board game can burn in hell

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Is there a way to make Close to the Sun brighter or does it get brighter as the game goes on (reactivating power or something)?

I'm only in the chapter 1 docks area but holy poo poo the game is so dark it goes from "foreboding" to "I can't feel the atmosphere because I can't loving see poo poo at all".

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

There is no good version of Ticket to Ride, that board game can burn in hell

1830? :v:

Speaking of potentially terrible games, a ton of itch.io devs currently have 100%-off "stay at home" sales. There's a lot of EA and cruft to sort through, but maybe a few gems too?

https://isthereanydeal.com/?by=trending:desc#/filter:itchio,&cut/100/100

Stickman fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 12, 2020

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Stickman posted:

1830? :v:

Speaking of potentially terrible games, a ton of itch.io devs currently have 100%-off "stay at home" sales. There's a lot of EA and cruft to sort through, but maybe a few gems too?

https://isthereanydeal.com/?by=trending:desc#/filter:itchio,&cut/100/100

https://importantlittlegames.itch.io/codemancer-ch-1 Could be good for goon parents, though I can't say I ever really enjoyed most games that tried to teach me something.

https://laundrybear.itch.io/morticians-tale Has been in my wishlist for a while

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Its in a couple of weeks but still good to remember

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1249522705549983745

from 27th until the 1st

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Shogun 2 (only played FOTS admittedly) is hella good. I mean, I never beat a single campaign, but that's just my history with every Total War game until Warhammer.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Available now: https://register.ubisoft.com/assassins-creed-2

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey are free to claim on the PS4 store. This doesn't appear to be tied to a PS+ subscription like their usual giveaways, its free for everyone.

Germany and China get Knack 2 instead of Uncharted for some reason :shrug:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

repiv posted:

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey are free to claim on the PS4 store. This doesn't appear to be tied to a PS+ subscription like their usual giveaways, its free for everyone.

Germany and China get Knack 2 instead of Uncharted for some reason :shrug:

It's asking for 20 bucks for Uncharted for me, but I guess I already have it from PS+ anyway

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Oh my bad, the giveaway will run from tomorrow through to May 5th

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/14/announcing-the-play-at-home-initiative/

repiv fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 14, 2020

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also worth noting: Germany and China will be getting Knack 2 instead of Uncharted.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Kins posted:

Also worth noting: Germany and China will be getting Knack 2 instead of Uncharted.

That's for WW2! :argh:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mordja posted:

Give it to Gerry, boys. Win one for apple pie and democracy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Mordja posted:

Or... since we already got Uncharted in PS+?