Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
gently caress, I somehow managed to forget about FPTP, and how it was transparently used by the Lib Dems to sink Labour while the Farages and Tories yukked it up. Yeah, that'd do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

gently caress, I somehow managed to forget about FPTP, and how it was transparently used by the Lib Dems to sink Labour while the Farages and Tories yukked it up. Yeah, that'd do it.

Actually it's the Lib Dem failure thats really screwing Labour - the New Labour landslides were won off the back of the Lib Dems winning a bunch of seats off the Tories in the South West mostly. Now that the Lib Dems have seemingly permanently poo poo the bed a lot of these places are now just safe Tory seats.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The daily male is on the job.

quote:

Frontline NHS workers have been able to get tested since March 25 in Number 10's bid to reduce the numbers off work in self isolation.

quote:

Out of 16,888 tests carried out on key workers, 5,733 (33%) have been positive

quote:

It has emerged that the UK missed three chances to be part of an EU scheme to bulk buy PPE.

Britain failed to utilise opportunities to get items such as masks, gowns and gloves under an EU initiative, the Guardian stated.

It means the UK won't benefit from the first of GBP1.3 billion-worth of PPE being delivered to another 25 countries within the next few days.

:brexit:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
but Boris almost died so he must be doing a good job???

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

XMNN posted:

but Boris almost died so he must be doing a good job???

he did die tho. utterly dead. rip in parliament

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Boris died and was replaced by the third Big Trump clone.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

big Bozza

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
https://twitter.com/ShehabKhan/status/1250113818723745792?s=19

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/abc/status/1250986608842674177?s=21

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this sounds wicked

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

im about to smoke a joint in support of health care workers on the front line of the COVID-19 pandemic

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Nothing quite captures the blitz spirit like a ferry called Dame Vera Lynn doing donuts on the Thames imo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

That's not "doing donuts". That's "spinning".

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Those are not your common EU-regulation donuts, obviously. They're truly British.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

post-brexit donuts. just the hole

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
for remeberance day this year I'm going to paint dame vera lynn on the side of my capri and head down asda parking lot instead of that poppy malarky

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

call me when someone is swinging from a crane waving flags

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

government: "we have a boat doing donuts in support of medical workers"
medical workers: "can we have adequate PPE?"
government: "no"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

bojo boatnuts

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Spergin Morlock posted:

government: "we have a boat doing donuts in support of medical workers"
medical workers: "can we have adequate PPE?"
government: "no"

This is actually even more hilarious than them just missing the deadline three times.

See the first time the Downing Street spokesman said:

quote:

No 10 initially said it did not take part because the UK was “no longer a member” and was “making our own efforts”.

Then the second time they've just said they were not invited in time:

quote:

Behind the scenes British officials maintain the UK did not receive an invitation in time to join four EU procurement schemes - an argument made last week by Number 10.

So the EU went out of their way to prolong the deadline and officially invite them this time.

Only for the Brits to take a big fat poop all over that and miss the deadline again:

quote:

The veteran German MEP dismissed UK government claims they missed an email. “It was not that they were not aware, but it was a decision not to participate,” he said. “If you are interested you don’t wait for an email.”

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Private Speech posted:

This is actually even more hilarious than them just missing the deadline three times.

See the first time the Downing Street spokesman said:

Then the second time they've just said they were not invited in time:

So the EU went out of their way to prolong the deadline and officially invite them this time.

Only for the Brits to take a big fat poop all over that and miss the deadline again:

The UK has present delegates in multiple meetings where this was discussed, they specifically didn't want to be a part of it.

But once again our media is either on secondment from CCHQ or literally mental toddlers who always obey what daddy says so there's been no narrative built except for BRAVE PEOPLE FIGHTING ON EVERYWHERE

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Great job guys, I mean totally stellar work.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1251193050946297859?s=19

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

You should have clapped.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I least Boris will live to see the fruits of his....well I wouldn't call it labor, exactly...

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

I least Boris will live to see the fruits of his....well I wouldn't call it labor, exactly...

loins??

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

prefect posted:

That's not "doing donuts". That's "spinning".

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Shinjobi posted:

CON+20

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mike gapes

https://twitter.com/MikeGapes/status/1251526218924593153

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It hurts coz it's true

People just voted to get rid of any opposition too lol

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh, he'll never see those if he can help it.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

“try jeet kun do grappling for the worlds best value meal” —william hague

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-uk-scientists-start-mass-producing-vaccines-while-trials-are-still-under-way-11974920
"Coronavirus: UK scientists start mass producing vaccines while trials are still under way"
"Oxford University researchers say the world can't afford to wait for vaccines to go through trials before production starts."

What's the worst that could happen...

"The vaccine, called ChAdOx1 nCoV-19, is made from a harmless chimpanzee"

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
This is the correct, if expensive approach. Bill Gates is doing the same thing (with I believe 8 different candidates). If trials fail you've thrown away a lot of money producing a useless production line. If they pass you've saved previous time. And the UK is basically all or nothing on a vaccine given our dismal testing failure.

Hospitals are starting to run out of PPE now - I had a doctor friend complaining that they've given him nurse's scrubs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

oh oxford university

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I also saw some places skipping animal trials and moving straight to human ones. I would not like to be one of those test subjects.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-uk-scientists-start-mass-producing-vaccines-while-trials-are-still-under-way-11974920
"Coronavirus: UK scientists start mass producing vaccines while trials are still under way"
"Oxford University researchers say the world can't afford to wait for vaccines to go through trials before production starts."

What's the worst that could happen...

"The vaccine, called ChAdOx1 nCoV-19, is made from a harmless chimpanzee"

so not the face ripper chimpanzee then?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

the first vaccine is definitely gonna be poison lol

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

the first vaccine is definitely gonna be rage virus lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sorry lads, we actually gave you a fully functional virus rather than a denatured one. our bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Brexine