Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You can tell how crazy an EDC person is based on how much of their carried items pic is focused on the gun. If it's front and center and out of the holster, they care more about showing you that they wanna kill someone than having 10 screwdrivers for any screw driving occasion.

They also got the holster from an ergonomic gun holster EDC kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's a purse.

A blue IKEA bag is like, six times as big as a purse. That’s practically a suitcase.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AlbieQuirky posted:

A blue IKEA bag is like, six times as big as a purse. That’s practically a suitcase.

Apparently you've never met a lady who is ready for everything. A lady who can pull mints, a screwdriving, a full makeup kit, a notebook, loving pruning shears, etc. out of her cavernous handbag.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

Apparently you've never met a lady who is ready for everything. A lady who can pull mints, a screwdriving, a full makeup kit, a notebook, loving pruning shears, etc. out of her cavernous handbag.

I am that lady! My own everyday (EDC?) handbag is 12” x 17” x 4”! That’s an inch shorter and an inch narrower than the Balenciaga shown in the photo.

And I could fit three or four of them in an IKEA bag.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

You can tell how crazy an EDC person is based on how much of their carried items pic is focused on the gun. If it's front and center and out of the holster, they care more about showing you that they wanna kill someone than having 10 screwdrivers for any screw driving occasion.

They also got the holster from an ergonomic gun holster EDC kickstarter.
Lol speaking of crazy EDC people, does anyone have a photo of that nerdy looking guy in a NASA polo with labels for everything he carries like a Glock, a phone, a Palm Pilot, a camera and other useless poo poo?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Lol speaking of crazy EDC people, does anyone have a photo of that nerdy looking guy in a NASA polo with labels for everything he carries like a Glock, a phone, a Palm Pilot, a camera and other useless poo poo?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782172&pagenumber=3#post461817484

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

I'm the three flashlights

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.

Collateral Damage posted:

It probably will, six months after the $2 cast zinc knockoffs appear on aliexpress.

Well, the free, print-it-yourself models have been up on Thingiverse for at least a month now

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4269540

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Who wants all the benefits of Chiropractic for a fraction of the cost? And by a fraction I mean 70 US dolleridoos. Maybe the spinepoker9000 is right for you! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1740872294/isospine-trigger-point-therapy-to-stretch-out-your-back

What sort of people need their spine poked? I'm glad you asked!

Sure, you've seen various back pillows before, the the spinepoker leaves dents so you know it's working.

The dents of pain relief, somehow? Dude looks a little bruised, but I'm sure that's just more evidence of pain relief. Like a bed of nails without the risk of tetanus. Fantastic!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Literally a Simpsons gag but worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Vr9TYYNoY

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

I don’t know, this seems like it’s a win for SA’s demographic. Could get in on the ground floor of the next mangosteen or Goldbelly!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Rich Kyanka's SpinePoker 9000TM

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
i always thought the main benefit of chiropractic was draining your wallet, definitionally making this a worse solution

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Actual physical therapists recommend this kind of thing, available cheaply at lots of places, but sure, have a Kickstarter for a more expensive, uglier version.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

neongrey posted:

i always thought the main benefit of chiropractic was draining your wallet, definitionally making this a worse solution

Are you saying the medicine founded by a guy who claimed to have gotten the details of chiropracy from a ghost is not a real treatment option?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Don Gato posted:

Are you saying the medicine founded by a guy who claimed to have gotten the details of chiropracy from a ghost is not a real treatment option?

Depends - what were the ghosts medical qualifications?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks. What a legend!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Who wants all the benefits of Chiropractic for a fraction of the cost? And by a fraction I mean 70 US dolleridoos. Maybe the spinepoker9000 is right for you! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1740872294/isospine-trigger-point-therapy-to-stretch-out-your-back

Sure, you've seen various back pillows before, the the spinepoker leaves dents so you know it's working.

The dents of pain relief, somehow? Dude looks a little bruised, but I'm sure that's just more evidence of pain relief. Like a bed of nails without the risk of tetanus. Fantastic!
This sort of poo poo is extremely popular with the alternative medicine crowd. My dad is unfortunately into it and has a bunch of nails, spiky mats and weird pillows, so this is really just a slight variation on existing nonsense.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Depends - what were the ghosts medical qualifications?

Be assured that the ghost was a doctor named Jim Atkinson. That’s a very doctory name.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

But what if you're a big office worker couch potato? :ohdear:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Selklubber posted:

But what if you're a big office worker couch potato? :ohdear:

Guillotine XL.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Good luck getting me to the headchopper XL when I'm physically too large to leave my apartment, or, realistically, my couch :smug:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Me: "But foam rollers exist, firm ones knead your back muscles more than enough, and you can use them for more than just your back. There are also the bigger half-circle things that you can use specifically for the spine."
Video: "Hey this is better than foam rollers because it stabs you so you know it's working."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The burn means it's working it might be working*!

* Burn may or may not actually imply device is functioning as intended. By backing this product you accept any responsibility for burning and aftereffects thereof either positive or negative.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

Thought this was a D&D-style alignment chart at first. Which would make the spine poker lawful, neutral, and chaotic evil.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tag yourself, I'm Chaotic Big

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Disaster Couch Potato

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

CJacobs posted:

The burn means it's working it might be working*!

* Burn may or may not actually imply device is functioning as intended. By backing this product you accept any responsibility for burning and aftereffects thereof either positive or negative.

Its ok, its burnproof, allegedly.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Tag yourself, I'm Chaotic Big

I'm Lawful Grandma.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Regenerative car: self powered car
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/corkum/regenerative-car-self-powered-car/description

What would a permanent solution look like? ELECTRIC! I saw the electric vehicles plugged into the wall, and I thought that has to be a better way!
I was driving with my hand out of the window, when it hit me, why don't we use this free wind power! It is certainly strong enough to harness!
That is where I need your help! I have the Idea and a mechanical background, but I need assistance to get my Idea into reality! After we Design the Car of the Future, we are going to use these cars as mobile power plants, able to power someones home while in the garage.

Risks and challenges
So our most dangerous risk is strong competition, the current giants in the auto industry, and powerful gas companies. If we can not make an impact quickly, we could get muscled out, and the change we want to see may never come.

New Age Detector
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jsa97/new-age-detector
As the name describes, this device would be used to alert people (both in homes and public restroom facilities) whether it was just occupied and whether the odor remains. We can use two simple colors, such as green and red, to represent positive and negative: whenever green appears, the bathroom is safe to use / odorless, and if red appears, the bathroom / stall contains a stench that needs to be waited out. I believe this device has the potential to be successful because of how public facilities have a reputation for being unsanitary; at least using this odor detector, they can escape criticism and serve as a warning for others. We're also working on enacting a mechanism onto this invention that allows a dispenser of a positive fume to counteract the bad odor and speed up the waiting time.

Hub Cat has a new favorite as of 10:04 on Apr 14, 2020

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Hub Cat posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/corkum/regenerative-car-self-powered-car/description

What would a permanent solution look like? ELECTRIC! I saw the electric vehicles plugged into the wall, and I thought that has to be a better way!
I was driving with my hand out of the window, when it hit me, why don't we use this free wind power! It is certainly strong enough to harness!
That is where I need your help! I have the Idea and a mechanical background, but I need assistance to get my Idea into reality! After we Design the Car of the Future, we are going to use these cars as mobile power plants, able to power someones home while in the garage.

Years ago on either History or Discovery Channel I saw Michio Kaku backing a car that ran on compressed air that also had an onboard compressor to compress air as it went so it never ran out of compressed air to power it.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Hub Cat posted:

I have the Idea and a mechanical background...

Not enough of one.

Hub Cat posted:

I believe this device has the potential to be successful because of how public facilities have a reputation for being unsanitary; at least using this odor detector, they can escape criticism and serve as a warning for others.

They could save a lot of money and just have a constant red light for places like highway rest stops or Wal-Marts.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

Hub Cat posted:

New Age Detector
As the name describes, this device would be used to alert people (both in homes and public restroom facilities) whether it was just occupied and whether the odor remains. We can use two simple colors, such as green and red, to represent positive and negative: whenever green appears, the bathroom is safe to use / odorless, and if red appears, the bathroom / stall contains a stench that needs to be waited out. I believe this device has the potential to be successful because of how public facilities have a reputation for being unsanitary; at least using this odor detector, they can escape criticism and serve as a warning for others. We're also working on enacting a mechanism onto this invention that allows a dispenser of a positive fume to counteract the bad odor and speed up the waiting time.

Good to see miasma theory being brought back!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Hub Cat posted:

That is where I need your help! I have the Idea and a mechanical background, but I need assistance to get my Idea into reality!

https://youtu.be/DkGMY63FF3Q

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Hub Cat posted:

Risks and challenges
So our most dangerous risk is strong competition, the current giants in the auto industry, and powerful gas companies. If we can not make an impact quickly, we could get muscled out, and the change we want to see may never come.

New Age Detector

I actually had this exact same idea before!

When I was about 10 years old.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Great Rumbler posted:

I actually had this exact same idea before!

When I was about 10 years old.

Masking bad odors with good ones? Should've kept at it

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hub Cat posted:

Risks and challenges

quote:

Thank you for your input Joerg! Thank you far taking the time to message us with your critic and an encouraging word. I do not see this as trying to break the 1st law, because it is not a closed system. I am taking potential energy from outside the system, if 1 is not enough I can incorporate more generators. But I need to test this, also we currently have low air flow through a radiator (in the front of the car), where we will have much more air flow with a channel for air to pass through and affect our fans in order to generate electricity. I do not think I will be sacrificing aerodynamics to do it.
Don't worry everyone, if one turbine adds too much drag to offset the power it generates, he'll just add more until it works.

I want to see this guy test his design in a wind tunnel and get super excited over how well it works.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Petrol problems were solved years ago! loving big pharma automotive industry giants don't want us to do it! So our most dangerous risk is strong competition, the current giants in the auto industry, and powerful gas companies. If we can not make an impact quickly, we could get muscled out, and the change we want to see may never come.

ps
no, seriously, do people at least think how poo poo works or just slap stuff onto stuff and think they're genius?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Hub Cat posted:

Excuse me I belive eight year old me has prior art on this idea.