Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

A White Guy posted:

An entire career kneecapped :ocelot:. Already saw on my Facebook feed my dipshit NASCAR loving former co-worker defending 'a little slip of the tongue'.

Heated gamer moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

no totally casual, even worse

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Woofer posted:

Heated gamer moment.

Yeah he wasn't mad or anything. Was just like "mic check...nbomb"

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Johns Hopkins county-by-county Covid-19 map

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm sorry I got caught doing that bad thing

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

The "confirmed by population" tab does a better job at representing this I think, since the "confirmed" tab may as well nearly be a population heat map

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:d2a:

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/sta...ingawful.com%2F

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Time to get wet

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Are presidential phone records covered by FOIA?

I'm curious if the White House has called the Clinton's recently.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/iamthewarax/status/1250153226332180481?s=21

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

quote:

Army Gen. Mark Milley explained why haircuts are essential to readiness and lethality during a Pentagon news briefing on Tuesday.

“I think Marines should get haircuts, from a personal standpoint,” Milley told reporters. “As the son of a Navy corpsman who hit the beach at Iwo Jima with the 4th Marine Division, it took extraordinary discipline to conquer that island with 7,000 Marines killed in 19 and 20 days and put a flag on Suribachi. That Marine victory was the result of incredible discipline of America’s 911 force and the expeditionary force. It may seem superficial to some, but getting a haircut is part of that discipline.”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Does AAFES have lobbyists?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Our leaders are going to get service members killed for the dumbest reason. "I'm sorry Mrs. Dead Son's Mother but your son bravely fought the Invisible Enemy and died valiantly on the MCX deck. On behalf of a grateful nation, our condolences."

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Fallom posted:

Does AAFES have lobbyists?

Their revenue was 8.7$ billion in 2018. Guess

e: Navy Exchange another 3.2$ b. on top of that.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 14, 2020

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Leadership to most people in the military who make it to such a position, is just some individual mixture of bullying and dumb platitudes.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

maffew buildings posted:

Wow, it's great to see both parties come together to get things done!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nick Soapdish posted:

Our leaders are going to get service members killed for the dumbest reason. "I'm sorry Mrs. Dead Son's Mother but your son bravely fought the Invisible Enemy and died valiantly on the MCX deck. On behalf of a grateful nation, our condolences."

HAIRCUTS WON WORLD WAR TWO.

(shoot anyone with a star)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nick Soapdish posted:

Way, way too much credit for this administration. "Your child's death got air time and made me look bad. They knew what they signed up for, and I like marines who don't get captured die."

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

bird food bathtub posted:

Way, way too much credit for this administration. "Your child's death got air time and made me look bad. They knew what they signed up for, and I like marines who don't get captured die."

You better put some respect on that M in Marines! Get your hands out of your pockets too.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

To further my point:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Discord was thinking of a commemorative patch for the year and this got cooked up. We haven't looked into cost yet but is there interest in a run?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

EBB posted:

Discord was thinking of a commemorative patch for the year and this got cooked up. We haven't looked into cost yet but is there interest in a run?

I'd do one.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EBB posted:

Me gusta.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

EBB posted:

I'd totally spring for that

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

And no promises yet, we're looking at logistics and might say gently caress it still.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EBB posted:

And no promises yet, we're looking at logistics and might say gently caress it still.

A true goon project

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/14/trump-calls-for-halt-to-us-funding-for-world-health-organization-amid-coronavirus-outbreak.html

quote:

The U.S. will suspend funding to the World Health Organization while it reviews the agency’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic, President Donald Trump announced Tuesday, saying the international health agency made mistakes that “caused so much death” as the coronavirus spread across the globe.

“Today I’m instructing my administration to halt funding of the World Health Organization while a review is conducted to assess the World Health Organization’s role in severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus,” Trump said at a White House press conference.

Trump criticized the international agency’s response to the outbreak, saying “one of the most dangerous and costly decisions from the WHO was its disastrous decision to oppose travel restrictions from China and other nations” that Trump imposed early on in the outbreak.

“Fortunately, I was not convinced and suspended travel from China saving untold numbers of lives,” he said.

It’s unclear exactly what mechanism Trump intends to use to withhold WHO funding, much of which is appropriated by Congress. The president typically does not have the authority to unilaterally redirect congressional funding.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

EBB posted:

It’s great but bear in mind that we’re only four months into this horrible loving year so who knows what untold horrors await us yet

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

What a tiny little man.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
gently caress, he's such a huge baby, loving hell :psyduck: ughhhhhh

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’ll see if I can find it, it was a patch that said “OPERATION ENDURING CLUSTERFUCK, COVID-19”.

e: had it saved on my phone.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EBB posted:

He perked up for the scenes with topless women but tuned out otherwise.

The only part of the bounty he likes is that he thinks the pitcairn islanders have the right idea

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

I’ll see if I can find it, it was a patch that said “OPERATION ENDURING CLUSTERFUCK, COVID-19”.

e: had it saved on my phone.

Hey this is now the official goonysburg patch

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

EBB posted:

Yep. I can find out where we get patches made at work. There are a couple of "official" custom ones designed every year, so I'm sure there's a go-to source.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Mine's shut down for anything non-essential for the foreseeable future, but if anybody has access to a decent makerspace they might have an embroidering machine that can make patches with a little effort

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’ve used PatchWarehouse.com and they were quality, but who knows which Chinese factory they’ll dump the order on. Probably better to home brew them so you don’t have to put in a minimum order of 100.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Don't Marines have Bics and Barbasol?

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

If Trump ever leaves office, and then gets indicted, he's going to sign a plea agreement that's meant to say "he and his associates are immune from further prosecution for these crimes", but they're going to leave out the word "these" and they're all just going to be able to do anything they want for the rest of their lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
poo poo, any barracks everywhere has a Joe with a pair of clippers.