Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

I worked with him before he went to law school. He's a smart guy, but he probably needs help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

please post the most dramatically crazy moments from the presser. I am too angry to watch it and I do want to experience the humor of it.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Scipiotik posted:

I worked with him before he went to law school. He's a smart guy, but he probably needs help!

please explain this to me? is he the one deciding who gets the money?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
When was that call between Biden and Sanders re:Bidens team starting the VP process? Like a week before WI right?

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

The chyron on MSNBC says "Trump announces ventilator loan program to assist COVID-19 patients". What in the fried hell does that even mean? He'll loan you a ventilator?

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Well, he wants to reopen 20 states before May 1.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Wylie posted:

The chyron on MSNBC says "Trump announces ventilator loan program to assist COVID-19 patients". What in the fried hell does that even mean? He'll loan you a ventilator?

Something about a system to facilitate hospitals loaning ventilators to each other, since (according to him) there are 60,000 unused ones in hospitals

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Hahaha oh such a benevolent dictator...

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1250192917781712897

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

ManBoyChef posted:

please explain this to me? is he the one deciding who gets the money?

I can't say I know the answer to that. If he is I'd trust him to do a good job.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Zotix posted:

Lol at the Dems and even Sanders telling the voting base to rally behind Biden when he hasn't even picked his Presidential pick for years 2, 3, 4 of the administration.

Either I missing a joke or having a stroke, because this sentence makes no sense to me.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

E: ^^^^^ Assumption is Biden dies in 2021 and his vice president takes over.

"Other developed countries can't believe what we achieved" - He's definitely right with that one. But not in the way he thinks.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Trump is just listing companies. I guess he's just pumping poo poo he owns?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I love how everything Trump does is the best ever, but somebody told him that..he didn't know that, but it was.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
I love our dumb system of government that can completely implode because of one guy’s narcissism.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

This is like a Sal & Richard prank call

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/AriBerman/status/1250190820222947328

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
He's spent the last ten minutes naming corporations and I don't know why.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I can't see Biden making it through a term either. He looks like a stiff breeze could take him. Honestly, who would be suprised if he didn't make it to November.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Flying-PCP posted:

Something about a system to facilitate hospitals loaning ventilators to each other, since (according to him) there are 60,000 unused ones in hospitals

This has to be a Jared idea since it demonstrates a monumentally deep failure of understanding. "Look at all these hospitals without anyone on a ventilator! There's all that equipment just sitting around!"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

he will walk back on that too when stuff doesnt open up right away. like yeah he has no powers but lol.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Daniel Dale is on TV and he looks less haggard than I'd imagine

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

holy poo poo grandpa's just been standing up there literally rattling off the names of every company he knows. What the gently caress is going on.

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

he's still going. He's been naming companies and CEO's in a list for more than 10 minutes. I just checked the time stamp. It's literally been more than 10 minutes of this and he's still going.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Funk In Shoe posted:

holy poo poo grandpa's just been standing up there literally rattling off the names of every company he knows. What the gently caress is going on.

Have you ever had to do a 30 minute presentation and only had 15 minutes of material? But honestly I have no idea why. Maybe those are all the companies he wants to open back up?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Funk In Shoe posted:

this is rallys now.

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this is rallys now.

"so this is...,. the names... the names on our list... they're some of the best" I guess was the point of that.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

What will it take for the US to look at itself and do something about it? All those movies, media, stories, bragging about 'Murica and Freedom and poo poo.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he will walk back on that too when stuff doesnt open up right away. like yeah he has no powers but lol.

One thing to keep in mind in these "Trump declares things that he has absolutely no control over" situations that he does have one power he use: the prestige of his office. Obviously that's going to mean jack poo poo to a state with a democratic governor, the desire to go along with what Trump says is going to carry weight in shithole states. The positive side of this is that going along with what Trump wants is a surefire way to burn your own house down. That's a bit of a negative, too, though.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

There's a word for junior staff member in charge of huge unsecured sums of money with no support and that word is scapegoat.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ika posted:

E: ^^^^^ Assumption is Biden dies in 2021 and his vice president takes over.

"Other developed countries can't believe what we achieved" - He's definitely right with that one. But not in the way he thinks.

I was going for the idea that his brain is actually mush but still alive. The VP would be running things until it's official, but yeah there's a good chance Uncle Joe just dies all together.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 15, 2020

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Gatts posted:

What will it take for the US to look at itself and do something about it? All those movies, media, stories, bragging about 'Murica and Freedom and poo poo.

Probably americans spending enough time in other countries to see how broken their system is, not just visiting for a week and not interacting with the locals.

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

Funk In Shoe posted:

Perhaps providing free advertising for potential donors? :thunk:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

One thing to keep in mind in these "Trump declares things that he has absolutely no control over" situations that he does have one power he use: the prestige of his office. Obviously that's going to mean jack poo poo to a state with a democratic governor, the desire to go along with what Trump says is going to carry weight in shithole states. The positive side of this is that going what Trump wants is a surefire way to burn your own house down. That's a bit of a negative, too, though.

i can see places like PA being forced up open if enough chuds reps and such scream. yeah, you can't lose faith if you never had it. thats where trump gets hosed and poo poo starts to bite him in the rear end.

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

no mom very hungry posted:

Perhaps providing free advertising for potential donors? :thunk:

I truly think he noticed the market jump the first time he did the "name a bunch of CEO's" thing some weeks ago and now he just does it every day to try and keep the stock pump going.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

This will be like when Bart gave "commands" to Santa's Little Helper to walk away and sniff the other dog's butt.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Arglebargle III posted:

There's a word for junior staff member in charge of huge unsecured sums of money with no support and that word is scapegoat.

this makes a lot of sense now. it looks like the democrats failed us again in that they gave Trump Admin a giant slush fund with little to no oversight. Any ever think that the democrats are just the washington generals and they are paid to lose?

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
People have talked about weird idiosyncrasies we're going to hold on to long after the pandemic is gone--for me, the next generation will never understand why I fly into a blind rage at the mention of Old Mother Hubbard.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lol this is some Pro Tier “IM NOT OWNED”

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Question time. He's starting to get agitated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
He's already starting to talk over people. Meltdown is imminent.