Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

It has a good blend of humor and info and release.

Ahh you've read the online reviews for my sex tape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Burt Sexual posted:

Same

Lol yeah fine, I’d just rather not be forced to close this thread. It has a good blend of humor and info and release.

Good man that’s good to hear, I see how tough this is in people eyes sometimes on video chat it’s loving haunting sometimes to be honest

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Big Beef City posted:

I feel like you're about to ask for a raise or that you just wrecked dads car or something

Shut up man I’m working up to talking about crashing burts car gently caress man

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I saw that part. It’s only bc they initially opposed his China “ban”. The single thing he did before waiting a month

Mr Tall
May 6, 2009
So, tonight, my 6 year old woke up crying his heart out worried that he was going to die of coronavirus.

He wanted to know where we'd bury him, and would it be close to the house because otherwise we might forget him.

My wife lost it a while ago, and I'm trying to do that be strong for them poo poo, but I'm really struggling now. Typing this out to you goons helps, so apologies if this is all E/N poo poo or whatever.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

There was a protest to reopen businesses in my state capitol today. They tried to stay six feet apart and some just stayed in their cars to honk their horns.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Mr Tall posted:

So, tonight, my 6 year old woke up crying his heart out worried that he was going to die of coronavirus.

He wanted to know where we'd bury him, and would it be close to the house because otherwise we might forget him.

My wife lost it a while ago, and I'm trying to do that be strong for them poo poo, but I'm really struggling now. Typing this out to you goons helps, so apologies if this is all E/N poo poo or whatever.

You're a good dad.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Mr Tall posted:

It will be better man I feel like most of us are on a timeline of when we lose our poo poo you will be strong and one day they will also be strong for you

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zugzwang posted:

Hard to say; protocol matters a lot. If their samples were kept wet during heating, that can help preserve the virus on its own. Whereas a mask will dry out relatively quickly and a lot of viruses really don't like that.

Looks like they were cooked with and without goo:

quote:

The cells were loaded into tubes representing two different types of environments, one “clean” and the other “dirty” with animal proteins to simulate biological contamination in real-life samples, such as an oral swab.
After the heating, the viral strains in the clean environment were thoroughly deactivated. Some strains in the dirty samples, however, survived.

This seems like it applies more to gooey lab samples than to PPE which, at least superficially, appears to be clean and dry?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Mr Tall posted:

My niece in law was in the same boat and my goony rear end pointed out that her parents were far more likely to die that she is as if that would help the situation.

gently caress I'm an idiot sometimes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
That NYC landlord who suspended rent for April in all 18 of his buildings should run for president. I'd fuckin vote for him

Mr Tall
May 6, 2009
Thank you random internet people, your words just made me cry. I think I needed that.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Noblesse Obliged posted:

My niece in law was in the same boat and my goony rear end pointed out that her parents were far more likely to die that she is as if that would help the situation.

gently caress I'm an idiot sometimes

You really told a crying kid no honey your parents are going to die not you

Lol

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

Looks like they were cooked with and without goo:

This seems like it applies more to gooey lab samples than to PPE which, at least superficially, appears to be clean and dry?

If someone clears their throat in your direction you’re getting plenty of “gooey lab sample “

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Spinz posted:

You really told a crying kid no honey you're parents are going to die not you

Lol

No but I'm hoping the story makes him feel better because it has to be gutwrenching to hear your kid planning their own burial.

gently caress I did it again didn't i

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Today I learned my brother in law caught covid from Rick Scott.

He's doing fine - he had it back in March - but when he was in DC a while back, Rick Scott was the only Senator shaking hands. And guess who announced they had it two days afterwards.

Mr Tall
May 6, 2009

Noblesse Obliged posted:

No but I'm hoping the story makes him feel better because it has to be gutwrenching to hear your kid planning their own burial.

gently caress I did it again didn't i

You made me smile. Thank you.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

"No we're not gonna bury you in the yard. You've seen the lines at costco, and now smithfield is shutting down the meat packing plants. We'll probably eat you, kiddo. Now get back into bed. Tomorrow we'll see between you and your brother who gets better scores on google classroom."

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mulaney Power Move posted:

There was a protest to reopen businesses in my state capitol today. They tried to stay six feet apart and some just stayed in their cars to honk their horns.
they're not being serious enough

Mr Tall
May 6, 2009

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

"No we're not gonna bury you in the yard. You've seen the lines at costco, and now smithfield is shutting down the meat packing plants. We'll probably eat you, kiddo. Now get back into bed. Tomorrow we'll see between you and your brother who gets better scores on google classroom."

You sick gently caress.

That's the first time I laughed all day.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mr Tall posted:

Tell him that you and his mother paid extra for the model with the tracking device built in.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Tedros is a loving fool and the WHO did drop the ball here.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Tell him don’t worry no one will die they’ll just have AIDS

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I've told my dogs its ok if they eat us, its what we would have wanted.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

I saw that part. It’s only bc they initially opposed his China “ban”. The single thing he did before waiting a month

There were suggestions he didn't even do it, just talked about it before the airlines cancelled the flights themselves right?

Also that sure as hell didn't stop Chinese individuals from getting in by rerouting flights I believe, and also there was not actual checks of any kind at the border so lol

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Burt Sexual posted:

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Can we get back to the "Dirty, gooey protein samples" requiring an "oral swab" to collect them though that piqued my interest

e: ^^^ "No human to human transmission" YET they mean, my statement stands. Further testing is required, no, DEMANDED.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

If the soap bubbles weren’t around the air it would just be air you psychopaths. You should demand your neighbors stop breathing outside.

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

It’s not like a bubble is pressurized. You’re getting exactly the same viral load on average you’d be getting if the kid were blowing without a bubble wand. If you’re that paranoid fine but don’t go outside then. The bubble kid is not a superspreader.

I never thought I'd encounter an adult who has no idea how bubbles work and yet here you are

naem
May 29, 2011

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

If someone clears their throat in your direction you’re getting plenty of “gooey lab sample “

if someone hawks loogies directly into your homemade t-shirt masked face you should prob go immediately get cleaned up with soap/water/eyeball-bleach and put on your clean backup mask

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

LimburgLimbo posted:

There were suggestions he didn't even do it, just talked about it before the airlines cancelled the flights themselves right?

Also that sure as hell didn't stop Chinese individuals from getting in by rerouting flights I believe, and also there was not actual checks of any kind at the border so lol

It also had no effect on Americans returning from China, who of course did not get tested upon arrival.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

I had to become a hoarder.

Down to my last couple of rolls of TP, hasn't been any in the stores for weeks, but I got lucky and managed to order some on Amazon (only 1 left!) And it just arrived today:

At least I don't need to worry about it for a while.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

precision posted:

Literally nobody I know has gotten their stimulus deposit yet, have any of you heard of anyone getting it? Seems a bit odd if they've supposedly been going out for several days now

Wife was notified last night that her check from the treasury is available as of tomorrow morning.
The notification disappeared and was replaced by a new notification today, that it will come anytime between tomorrow and the end of the year.

Now, as of right now I'm checking, there is no new notification and the old ones are gone.

:iiam:

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

so I never gave the IRS my bank account info and always got my refund as a check. am I waiting like 5 months or however long it takes them to cut checks?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

d0s posted:

so I never gave the IRS my bank account info and always got my refund as a check. am I waiting like 5 months or however long it takes them to cut checks?

Yes people with direct deposit are due to get them faster.
When you get your check is up to however they are dispersing them.

I don't know if they're dispersing them based on 'first filed, first dispersed', or if they're issuing them based on blocks of Social Security numbers.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

d0s posted:

No, go to the website and put your DD info in

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

I had to become a hoarder.

Down to my last couple of rolls of TP, hasn't been any in the stores for weeks, but I got lucky and managed to order some on Amazon (only 1 left!) And it just arrived today:

At least I don't need to worry about it for a while.

Why do they even make individually wrapped toilet roll? It's such a waste.

Four should be the minimum

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

precision posted:

No, go to the website and put your DD info in

I just checked and that feature is greyed out and "coming mid april"

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Mr Tall posted:

How is he aware that coronavirus exists and that it's killing people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

d0s posted:

I just checked and that feature is greyed out and "coming mid april"

lmao :patriot: