Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wilbur Swain posted:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1250159686881509377

This puts today's US death toll at 5,985. so far.

Those deaths occurred over the last 30 or so days but I guess it’s not feasible to have everyone update their old numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I can't wait for the Trump v Biden debates where we have two senile boomers rambling on about poo poo.
(there won't be any debates)

People are worried about Biden's mind but Trump is just as bad. Trump will survive until November on pure spite alone though.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Lassitude posted:

The fact that the WHO backs totally unscientific traditional Chinese "medicine" isn't going to help them. Not that Trump isn't a clown for cutting the WHO's funding over COVID-19, but they absolutely aren't an impartial/evidence based organization, unfortunately.

Trump isn't defunding the WHO for TCM or anything similar, he's simply trying to find a scapegoat. Defunding the WHO in this time of crisis is an extremely stupid and dangerous move. Just because the WHO once said something you don't like doesn't mean defunding it now is a great idea.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lassitude posted:

The fact that the WHO backs totally unscientific traditional Chinese "medicine" isn't going to help them. Not that Trump isn't a clown for cutting the WHO's funding over COVID-19, but they absolutely aren't an impartial/evidence based organization, unfortunately.

they have a bunch of issues that suck because they have to lick various countries boots for them to exist(china/US/probably KSA/etc) and they have dumb opinions at times but this is the worst time to do it and the worst way.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost

“God-king say WHO bad. China also bad. All bad things are the same. Ergo WHO = China”

Conservative “thought” process in action.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lambert posted:

Trump isn't defunding the WHO for TCM or anything similar, he's simply trying to find a scapegoat. Defunding the WHO in this time of crisis is an extremely stupid and dangerous move. Just because the WHO once said something you don't like doesn't mean defunding it now is a great idea.

this. trump doesn't give a flying gently caress about the actual issues with WHO. he just wants to poo poo on something.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Fallom posted:

Those deaths occurred over the last 30 or so days but I guess it’s not feasible to have everyone update their old numbers.

Even without the additional deaths, today's toll is over 2,300 which is the highest ever.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Regardless of one's opinion of the WHO as an organization, Trump attacking them is very clearly a desperate attempt to deflect blame from his own incompetence, and should be treated as such.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndySlater/status/1250197068775337990

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cuban is the only smartish one there.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Regardless of one's opinion of the WHO as an organization, Trump attacking them is very clearly a desperate attempt to deflect blame from his own incompetence, and should be treated as such.

it is so far.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

What can Trump even do to WHO funding, its Congressionally mandated.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Please put all these people on a ship and just leave it adrift on the ocean.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

cuban is the only smartish one there.

He's going to put sports on the radio

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shammypants posted:

He's going to put sports on the radio

like people want sports back but that shits gonna come way later after poo poo opens up.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Vince MacMahon. If only this was 15 years ago Vince and we could see him in the halls of Congress do his heel shtick

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

thank you dude who really needed to post Elizabeth Warren getting raped by a dog fiction

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Sports aren’t loving coming back until like Thanksgiving good loving god.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Until there's a vaccine.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

How do the reporters at these press conferences keep from just laughing at the moron when he's rambling?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Sorry, the third base coach tested positive. You'll have to quarantine the whole team for two weeks.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they have a bunch of issues that suck because they have to lick various countries boots for them to exist(china/US/probably KSA/etc) and they have dumb opinions at times but this is the worst time to do it and the worst way.

Already seeing folks on both sides running with the "WHO is a chinese puppet" even people who claim to be leftist but decided this was the time Trump was right.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Sanguinia posted:

What can Trump even do to WHO funding, its Congressionally mandated.

Well we know Trump's learned his lesson about withholding funding that's already beep appropriated!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Guze posted:

Sorry, the third base coach tested positive. You'll have to quarantine the whole team for two weeks.

And the team they were playing. And so all the games those two teams were gonna play for the next two weeks are forfeited and so they’re out of the playoffs now.

See a problem here?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I legitimately, 100% without fallacy cannot think of a collective group of people I would trust less than this.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

like people want sports back but that shits gonna come way later after poo poo opens up.

I think Vince is the expert on keeping live entertainment going

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Terror Sweat posted:

I heard Wrestling is the most essential sports entertainment of them all, regular sportsball doesn't have anything on it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I really don't want more people to die. But at the same time I feel that if another country somehow outpaces the USA for total deaths then it will lead to Republicans declaring victory for not being the worst hit country anymore.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

look buddy I need the NFL season to start on time specifically for the Lions to crater horribly so we can finally be freed from the curse of Matt Patricia.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Wilbur Swain posted:

Until there's a vaccine.

yeah. my guess is November at earliest for some sports.

Cabbit posted:

I legitimately, 100% without fallacy cannot think of a collective group of people I would trust less than this.

its because trump is trying to open up sports and my guess is most wont follow through outside McMahon. most will probably say this poo poo never happened.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Cabbit posted:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Fighting leagues will be able to come back because their owners have absolutely zero scruples about risking the lives of the talent and there are no players unions to oppose them. Also they can make do only having a couple people out there at once performing. And if someone tests positive they can remove
them and keep on chugging because the schedule is just all made up bullshit and can change at a whim. There are no standings or stuff that means anything.

But team sports are orders of magnitude more difficult to get going again for a ton of obvious reasons. And if someone tests positive shows over the entire season falls apart.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 15, 2020

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

You heard me.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
The best way to increase Chinese or rival nations' influence in the UN and global politics, is to cut U.S. funding of global institutions.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

thank you dude who really needed to post Elizabeth Warren getting raped by a dog fiction

:what:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

JosefStalinator posted:

The best way to increase Chinese or rival nations' influence in the UN and global politics, is to cut U.S. funding of global institutions.

Or...RUSSIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Trump has never once understood the concept of Soft Power.