Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do we finish this season
Award the title now
No title at all
Playoff tournament
Finish the season at a later date
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed
View Results

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Looke posted:

Sorry Jose it won’t happen

I already have an Mbappe #9 kit on order!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Didn't Newcastle fans said they didn't give a poo poo about war crimes/lack of freedoms for women/Saudi atrocities as long as "we sign some players"?

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
maybe MBS can do to some UK journalists what he did khashoggi

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Weaponized Cum posted:

Didn't Newcastle fans said they didn't give a poo poo about war crimes/lack of freedoms for women/Saudi atrocities as long as "we sign some players"?

lol

Jose posted:

maybe MBS can do to some UK journalists what he did khashoggi

Lmao

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

lol

Yeah I posted some hot takes from various NUFC online places, basically the gist is everyone has done bad things so Saudi war criminals aren’t any different

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I wouldn't buy a football team right now but what do I know.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I guarantee you'd find fans of any team willing to go on record bootlicking any potential super rich investors, contortions of logic and morality are par for the course in football fandom hence up pops a smiling glen johnson

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

I guarantee you'd find fans of any team willing to go on record bootlicking any potential super rich investors, contortions of logic and morality are par for the course in football fandom hence up pops a smiling glen johnson

That and woobi "live" posting about a rerun are my favourite TRP sagas

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Butterfly Valley posted:

I'm sure because teams have millions of fans and a large subset of the population are literal loving idiots

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
It would probably be pretty wise of Ashley to accept any reasonable offer given all that is going on.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 14, 2020

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Bundy posted:

That and woobi "live" posting about a rerun are my favourite TRP sagas

:lol: Just this morning I was thinking about that - I was going to create a "tribute to w00bi" thread where we live-post big matches from the past.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
woobi was just ahead of his time really

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

sticksy posted:

:lol: Just this morning I was thinking about that - I was going to create a "tribute to w00bi" thread where we live-post big matches from the past.

I'd be loving well up for this.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

vyelkin posted:

woobi was just ahead of his time really

We're all just imaginary characters posting in w00bi world.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sticksy posted:

This is a good idea.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Bundy posted:

I'd be loving well up for this.

blue footed boobie posted:

This is a good idea.

Cool, thanks. I'll get cracking on this tomorrow or Thursday, to have it ready for Saturday "kickoff" :3:.

I'd like to do games across different leagues, tournaments, cup finals, etc.

Does anyone have any good recommended sources for full matches that won't wreck people's computers with malware? The couple I found with some light Googling that seemed promising:
https://hdmatches.net/category/classic-matches/
https://www.footballorgin.com/category/full-match-replay/
https://eplfootballmatch.com/category/classic-football-match/

e: hope this isn't considered :filez:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
https://footballia.net/
https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I already have an Mbappe #9 kit on order!!!

Hell, go big.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Hell, go big.

It’s the Saudis not Qatar, we just dismember journalists

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

also crash the world economy and wage endless war in yemen

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

also crash the world economy and wage endless war in yemen

Mike Ashley furloughing staff makes for an easy PR win when the Saudis come in and start paying everyone so expect there to be a lot of “Well they’re paying the tea lady again so they can’t be all bad. Give em a chance”

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Just to clarify I still think mike Ashley is worse

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Even nufc.com reporting it appears to be done, and they’ve always trashed any claims in the past of anything approaching a done deal

Can’t wait for someone to quote this post when Mike Ashley pulls the plug and re-appoints JFK on an 8 year deal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Joe kinnear must be gutted he couldn't do his journalist rant when employed by the Saudis

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'll have you know I put in stringent research on all my memes and can back them up with sources!

"The country with the highest number of deaths was Saudi Arabia, accounting for 1,920 worker deaths."

https://www.business-humanrights.org/en/india-34000-migrant-workers-have-died-in-the-gulf-since-2014-activists-criticise-lack-of-protections

E:

there, now the shirt is ready for academic circles.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 15, 2020

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Can't wait to see what Steve Bruce will do with his £1bn warchest .

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Mickolution posted:

Is his son still playing?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
If not, he soon will be.

edit: 35 year old free agent.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

sticksy posted:

looking forward to this!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Who has 11 goals in 59 caps for his country, and played alongside Viera, Henry, Stylian Petrov, Mark Viduka, Steve Finnan, Paul Gascoigne, Marcus Alonso and Aaron Lennon?

This may be a trick question involving Soccer Aid or charity nonsense idk.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

sassassin posted:

Who has 11 goals in 59 caps for his country, and played alongside Viera, Henry, Stylian Petrov, Mark Viduka, Steve Finnan, Paul Gascoigne, Marcus Alonso and Aaron Lennon?

This may be a trick question involving Soccer Aid or charity nonsense idk.

The only player I can think of that fits is John Collins, but it fucks up around Alonso, Finnan and Lennon.

Viera and Henry at Monaco, Petrov and Viduka at Celtic, Gazza at Everton etc.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Total Meatlove posted:

The only player I can think of that fits is John Collins, but it fucks up around Alonso, Finnan and Lennon.

Viera and Henry at Monaco, Petrov and Viduka at Celtic, Gazza at Everton etc.

Finnan was at Fulham at the same time (2000-2003).

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Alonso and Lennon at some charity game then?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Mickolution posted:

as if he's not getting the sack day one

rumour is rafa is back on board, but that's probably just some fan boy stuff

Weedle
May 31, 2006

steve bruce is too good for newcastle

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’d have thought that the Saudis would be interested in Sheffield United instead.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Weedle posted:

steve bruce is too good for newcastle

He is, and Rafa is a fraud who was last achieving mediocre results in China.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

The amount of rage from teams relegated or losing out on a title challenge (some up to 13/14 points behind!) in Scotland is kind of mental.

Too many Scottish teams live month by month or quarter by quarter. Too many are in debt, unviable or on the brink at the best of times. The lack of a true pyramid system has allowed too many clubs to slide and stagnate; depending on pulling big crowds of away fans or a lottery win of a cup draw against a Prem team. Without leagues being finalised and competition money being handed out too many clubs would have went to the wall. Of course Scottish football voted itself to stay on life support, the alternative was multiple clubs folding. Waiting any longer would have likely brought the same results. There may be an argument that Scottish football needs to downsize, cut it's cloth and restructure but if you are looking at this situation and really believing it's all a conspiracy to gently caress your specific team then you need your loving head checked.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

BisonDollah posted:

The amount of rage from teams relegated or losing out on a title challenge (some up to 13/14 points behind!) in Scotland is kind of mental.

Too many Scottish teams live month by month or quarter by quarter. Too many are in debt, unviable or on the brink at the best of times. The lack of a true pyramid system has allowed too many clubs to slide and stagnate; depending on pulling big crowds of away fans or a lottery win of a cup draw against a Prem team. Without leagues being finalised and competition money being handed out too many clubs would have went to the wall. Of course Scottish football voted itself to stay on life support, the alternative was multiple clubs folding. Waiting any longer would have likely brought the same results. There may be an argument that Scottish football needs to downsize, cut it's cloth and restructure but if you are looking at this situation and really believing it's all a conspiracy to gently caress your specific team then you need your loving head checked.

Actually op, it's a big conspiracy and we should get in a "forensic investigator"

https://twitter.com/RangersFC/status/1250718742457257985

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I guess you could say they're really slipping.