Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Despite the compromises inherent in being a U.S. politician I think she's done an alright job maintaining her principles. We'll see how it goes when she runs for president.

If she runs as soon as she's eligible she'll get shut down by the party the same way Bernie was in the last two elections. If she waits longer to "get experience" or "build in-roads" she just gives Fox / OANN the time they need to vilify her the way they did with Hillary (who did actually suck).

I'm not sure how she threads the needle on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

AOC will not be allowed to win the presidency.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Euphoriaphone posted:

So... Green or PSL in November?

Green Party definitely has more public awareness and would be easier to consolidate the non-rapist vote around, but someone here earlier was saying they are basically not a political organization, and just exist to try to garner media attention.

PSL seems like the better organization overall, but is a non-entity, even in comparison to the Greens.

i would just do howie/green because it'd also be more visible tbf. not that gloria la riva doesn't own but yeah it's basically non-entity entirely

the woke lib tears will be delish to boot when the exact same 2016 ec map plays out

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Raccooon posted:

This is what I imagine went through the brains of all the boomer Dems voting for Biden in the primary.

fixed

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FallenGod posted:

If she runs as soon as she's eligible she'll get shut down by the party the same way Bernie was in the last two elections. If she waits longer to "get experience" or "build in-roads" she just gives Fox / OANN the time they need to vilify her the way they did with Hillary (who did actually suck).

I'm not sure how she threads the needle on this one.
It sounds like it depends on where the Democrats are when she runs (I assume still sucking). I don't think she'd be shut down as hard as someone like Ilhan Omar, but I'm also not a big believer in electoralism. I think the lesson to take away, over and over, is to put your faith in principles instead of people.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Raccooon posted:

This is what I imagine went through the brains of all the boomer Dems voting for Biden in the primary.

dont think we're allowed to post anymore about imagining things going through boomer Dem brains

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Falstaff posted:

I can't remember here cancellation status, but this is good... right? I mean I think it's pretty good.

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1250240239223930880

any mention of tara that isn't immediately followed by calling her a lying whore of Putin paints a target on you for any lib that sees it, AOC is risking becoming a target of a nuclear succ meltdown

maybe we can uncancel her for a bit

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

My only regret is that Ilhan Omar cannot be president.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

FallenGod posted:

Rashida still can!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FallenGod posted:

Can she be Secretary of State or does the SoS have to be eligible for the presidency?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

RottenK posted:

any mention of tara that isn't immediately followed by calling her a lying whore of Putin paints a target on you for any lib that sees it, AOC is risking becoming a target of a nuclear succ meltdown

maybe we can uncancel her for a bit

https://twitter.com/ReadeAlexandra/status/1250242807412871169

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can she be Secretary of State or does the SoS have to be eligible for the presidency?
Yes, the constitution just lays out the requirements for P/VP. It's unclear if they would eligible via line of succession but that's irrelevant. it's also even vaguely unclear if it also applies to VP because it's written stupidly

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
:corona:

https://twitter.com/BillyBobwhtdove/status/1250249113586798592

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

To be honest, part of me is relieved that I no longer have to pay attention to politics again. The US is a one party state and all that's left for me to do is try to survive while I watch the slow, embarrassing collapse of the American empire.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

voting Pumpkin Spice Latte to own the libs

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Rashida still can!

I'm ready to be disappointed again in 2024 :thumbsup:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bearjew posted:

voting Pumpkin Spice Latte to own the libs

wow this is culturual appropriation. how dare you sir

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao @ the libs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

California has a huge concentration of disaffected Bernie voters and I don't think all of them are going to Biden... maybe the Greens can get to 5%

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Rashida still can!

Rashida is my #1 favorite person in Congress
2 is Sanders
3 Omar
4 AOC

I'm gonna be more upset if Tlaib gets primaries than Sanders losing. She makes Republicans and Liberals so mad it's great

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nonsense posted:

lmao @ the libs

the real funny thing is watching them freak out over all of the systems currently not saving them from corona

Tyrgle
Apr 3, 2009
Nap Ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes. Madeleine Albright was widely reported to not be in the line of succession for this reason.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Xaris posted:

Yes, the constitution just lays out the requirements for P/VP. It's unclear if they would eligible via line of succession but that's irrelevant. it's also even vaguely unclear if it also applies to VP because it's written stupidly

the line of succession goes VP, Speaker, President pro tempore of the Senate, and then down the line of Cabinet officials, I believe in the order they were introduced into the executive structure (so it ends with Secretary of Homeland Security).

if they’re all dead or incapacitated? Well, the country’s clearly beyond all hope at that point

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lol howie hawkins is a russiagater
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xZZTlzThTo

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Saw this in the D&D primary thread. Does this make Howie Hawkins the unity candidate (TM)?

https://twitter.com/HowieHawkins/status/1250046626451935232

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I don't care about policy, I'm going to vote for whatever makes the libs the most mad. We still have several months to figure out exactly what that is

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Cameo posted:

the line of succession goes VP, Speaker, President pro tempore of the Senate, and then down the line of Cabinet officials, I believe in the order they were introduced into the executive structure (so it ends with Secretary of Homeland Security).

if they’re all dead or incapacitated? Well, the country’s clearly beyond all hope at that point

yes, but the last man in line is Chad Wolf, and if everyone but Chad Wolf is dead there's no way Chad Wolf won't Do What It Takes to Save America

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Euphoriaphone posted:

So... Green or PSL in November?

Green Party definitely has more public awareness and would be easier to consolidate the non-rapist vote around, but someone here earlier was saying they are basically not a political organization, and just exist to try to garner media attention.

PSL seems like the better organization overall, but is a non-entity, even in comparison to the Greens.

it really really doesn't matter, but the greens are marginally a better choice because they're the closest to getting public election funds

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

oh for gently caress's sake

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

legal weed?

https://twitter.com/hollyotterbein/status/1250253592709287941

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

If weed got legalized companies would still discriminate against it wouldn’t they?

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I assume they would have to specifically pass a law to ban testing for it to stop that right?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

jesus christ imagine being this loving dumb i have to log off christ

now biden won't incorporate any of the dsa platform!!!

https://twitter.com/jessesingal/status/1250167585880113167
https://twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/1249382799389360135

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

"making statements" is the furthest extent his criminal justice reform will actually go

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Jesus. I was actually thinking of how enthusiastic they were in funding the war and how quickly they seemed to forget what a terrible era that was as soon as Obama was elected. I'd forgotten about a lot of the runup because I was 12.

i highly recommend listening to the Blowback podcast (it's currently behind a paywall but there are snippets from their twitter account https://twitter.com/blowbackpod and they'll eventually release the whole series publicly once they're done)

the premise is that they basically go through the entire timeline leading up to the Iraq War, talking about key figures involved, the media doing pitches to public in support of it, etc)'

it's really comprehensive and good

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

it doesn't matter what biden says. its an election so he'll say anything if he thinks it'll get him votes. I know hes not going to change if he wins because they never do. if they wanted me to trust them then they shouldn't have done the poo poo they did last time they won. Most of all, because Obama got involved in the way that he did I'm too mad to overlook that. gently caress him, gently caress joe and gently caress the dems.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Madeleine Albright wasn't born in the US either so presumably it'd be fine.

For that matter neither was Henry Kissinger though I don't really understand the rules for extraplanar entities and eldritch horrors.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

lol i was just accidentally reading the d&d primary thread for like 3 pages and was really confused as to why everyone in it sucked so bad

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

yellowcar posted:

i highly recommend listening to the Blowback podcast (it's currently behind a paywall but there are snippets from their twitter account https://twitter.com/blowbackpod and they'll eventually release the whole series publicly once they're done)

the premise is that they basically go through the entire timeline leading up to the Iraq War, talking about key figures involved, the media doing pitches to public in support of it, etc)'

it's really comprehensive and good
Thanks, I'll check this out next time I want to be really angry and depressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The Cameo posted:

Since the Speaker of the House and the President Pro Temp of the Senate can change independent of the executive branch I wonder what would actually happen if something took all of the top four out and you ended up an immediate Supreme Court case about whether the newly elected Speaker or the secretary of defense (or wherever in line is left) is the rightful president.