Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

"we may have gotten absolutely obliterated, but at least we aren't RACIST HACKERS hahahaha"

get a grip rhymen

Why do you post on these forums lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Comrayn posted:

Dude can’t even follow a thread to see who’s accusing him of what. Hint: This is because he’s used to a posting format where all the users go by anonymous.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Joining goonswarm as a channer taught me to be a functional human being

I’m gonna get poo poo for this post but I’ll take it

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol that dumbfuck 1001 is taking credit for all the poo poo PL did. Pathetic.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

I'd rather be bad at a video game than a racist hacker :shrug:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

BurtLington posted:

I'd rather be bad at a video game than a racist hacker :shrug:

As someone bad at videogames can confirm.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

please knock Mom! posted:

you post fine and have a rap sheet deep enough to survive here, dont worry about it imo

fake edit: joining slam as a carebear taught me how this genre usually works

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ad by Khad posted:

you post fine and have a rap sheet deep enough to survive here, dont worry about it imo

fake edit: joining slam as a carebear taught me how this genre usually works

You should get sand botes

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Rhymenoserous posted:

You should get sand botes

You're sweet for saying so but I am a person who was already known for playing videogames way too much and atlas hooked me in a way that no other game came even close, I am legit terrified of any similar game doing that to me all over again

You know what this genre did to me, you used to yell at me to go to bed. In that first month of season three 155-160 hours a week was my normal. That is not normal. I'm happy to cheer on old friends but I doubt things will go any further on this one

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
So I'm not sure what happened. I just farm my own resources, and occasionally drop off shitloads of corn and water at the base because I don't know what else to do with it. That's my gameplay loop. I'm just saying it doesn't take much skill to backstab your own clan, you just walk in and start murdering people that aren't expecting it and opening unlocked chests.

Good work?
:shrug:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Arsonide posted:

So I'm not sure what happened. I just farm my own resources, and occasionally drop off shitloads of corn and water at the base because I don't know what else to do with it. That's my gameplay loop. I'm just saying it doesn't take much skill to backstab your own clan, you just walk in and start murdering people that aren't expecting it and opening unlocked chests.

Good work?
:shrug:

He wasn’t in our clan, and he didn’t destroy our base. Everything important got packed up before I logged out last night. He probably blew into some dipshits personal projects container and declaired victory over the goons.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

no personal bases!

(some personal bases)

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ad by Khad posted:

no personal bases!

(some personal bases)

This game lets you pack your personal base into your walker with two button clicks. It’s kind of expected that everyone will have their own stuff. I have a small crafting base tucked into one of my walkers.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

nice, that sounds cool

SoJ57261
Jul 7, 2015

Duct taped into being functional? Although judging from this trainwreck of a thread maybe you are functional comparatively.

Anyway, you playing with other EU goons right, you guys got a separate discord or something?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Nah it's just a few goons and a bunch of other friends of mine, we're not 'the EU goon clan'

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

This game looks fun but will it ruin my life and sleep cycle?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Since you can store stuff off map, its way more forgiving compared to other games of this type

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Stealthgerbil posted:

This game looks fun but will it ruin my life and sleep cycle?

I wouldn't say so. I really dig it but there's a lot of boring (to me at least) downtime where you just pve / gather resources because there's no pvp around because there's just not a group up for it and roaming for solo pvp is hit and miss and a drag to move around through many zones because of water so I find I am not like fiending to login 24/7 because I mostly want to just pvp.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Nah it's just a few goons and a bunch of other friends of mine, we're not 'the EU goon clan'

Are you guys not accepting anyone else? I asked a few days ago and was told "1-2 more people" but FF7 Remake came out before I could join...

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

GoGoGadget posted:

Are you guys not accepting anyone else? I asked a few days ago and was told "1-2 more people" but FF7 Remake came out before I could join...

Yeah we took in a few but want to keep things around the current scale, especially since another clan is splintering off to us as well. I've been drafted for the covid wars so I'm not the most active member of the group anymore either.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Rhymenoserous posted:

He wasn’t in our clan, and he didn’t destroy our base. Everything important got packed up before I logged out last night. He probably blew into some dipshits personal projects container and declaired victory over the goons.

i declared victory over the goons because your proxy walker was abandoned because you literally couldn't contest fewer than 10 people hanging around it

we walked away with dozens of sets, raided several walkers, destroyed tons of chests and structures (20+ rupuslingers and towers) stole thousands of fragments and a bunch of other poo poo- don't pretend it didn't happen

Rhymenoserous posted:

Edit: I’m specifically the one that kicked you.

still waiting for the thing i said btw

Comrayn posted:

i have a grand ol' time posting about things, but then there are people who lose to me or get really upset when i point out their wrongness that they accuse me of being a racist to save face for some reason

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Nobody cares about the lovely drama you drag into every game thread you touch.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FileNotFound posted:

Nobody cares about the lovely drama you drag into every game thread you touch.

as you can read, i did not falsely accuse people of hacking, i did not falsely accuse people of being racist, and i sure as hell didn't start any drama other than completely overrunning the goon guild's home base with 8 people in rags and having them fling these baseless accusations at me.

Scippy
Dec 31, 2012

The Dirtiest Harry posted:

Can anyone playing from AU/NZ comment on how this game copes latency-wise?

The Oceanic servers seem completely fine, but the connection with NA East is quite laggy. No weird teleports/desyncs à-la Ark/Atlas, just late hit registration/animation triggers, but due to the melee attack windup mechanics and lack of hitscan weapons 1 on 1 duels or PvE farming can occasionally get tedious and frustrating if you don't time your poo poo properly or play super safe.

"Fortunately", Goon ops tend to involve lots of people, which ends up lagging everyone involved, so for the most part you can still contribute and have fun (and the N+1 nature of these fights means you'll always be of some value anyhow).

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

as you can read, i did not falsely accuse people of hacking, i did not falsely accuse people of being racist, and i sure as hell didn't start any drama other than completely overrunning the goon guild's home base with 8 people in rags and having them fling these baseless accusations at me.

what are you talking about lol

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Goast posted:

what are you talking about lol

trying to imply that i, the saint of this thread, am starting drama is silly

i am definitely not the one starting it, it's crazyboatperson, rhymenawho? and forge with their crazy rear end lies about me

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

trying to imply that i, the saint of this thread, am starting drama is silly

i am definitely not the one starting it, it's crazyboatperson, rhymenawho? and forge with their crazy rear end lies about me

your posts are just weird drama gibberish at this point and its pretty great

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Goast posted:

your posts are just weird drama gibberish at this point and its pretty great

sorry busy killing forge and rhymenasauus just now, my bud looted a bunch of stuff while rhymenasaurus missed him like 12 times in a row

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

sorry busy killing forge and rhymenasauus just now, my bud looted a fuckton of loot while that guy missed him like 12 times in a row

have fun buddy :)

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

The Dirtiest Harry posted:

Can anyone playing from AU/NZ comment on how this game copes latency-wise?

It's fine, there are extremely few spikes, better than Ark/Atlas overall because there are so few spikes.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

"It's like watching cripples fight" - 1001 Arabian Dicks in game

very cool!

Turkina_Prime fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 15, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

BurtLington posted:

"It's like watching cripples fight" - 1001 Arabian Dicks in game

very cool!

wait just who do you think i am lol

like really, is this why you think i'm a racist monster because you think i'm someone i'm not? lmao

The Dirtiest Harry
May 31, 2011

"Now you know why they call me Dirty Harry: every dirty job that comes along."

Urthor posted:

It's fine, there are extremely few spikes, better than Ark/Atlas overall because there are so few spikes.

Cheers mate, do you play on an AU server or on NA with other goons?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

idk about you, but i'd listen to the guy who was able to destroy your entire guild's home with 10 people starting from nothing in less than 24 hours rather than the plethora of totally incompetent and ignorant people who let it happen

from the guy who cheats and exploits? :allears:

or this guy?

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Lets not forget horde of your pals screaming the n word whenever you show up. Great company you keep! :thumbsup:

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

yippee kiy yay motherfucker

motorocker
Dec 23, 2013

Soiled Meat

wait just who do you think i am lol

like really, is this why you think i'm a racist monster because you think i'm someone i'm not? lmao

lmao at the goon golem bouncing around base and stealing our poo poo who is also a terrible person irl.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

i declared victory over the goons because your proxy walker was abandoned because you literally couldn't contest fewer than 10 people hanging around it

we walked away with dozens of sets, raided several walkers, destroyed tons of chests and structures (20+ rupuslingers and towers) stole thousands of fragments and a bunch of other poo poo- don't pretend it didn't happen

still waiting for the thing i said btw

i have a grand ol' time posting about things, but then there are people who lose to me or get really upset when i point out their wrongness that they accuse me of being a racist to save face for some reason

Hard N you idiot. And one of your other idiots was chanting it (It's recorded lol) while climbing over walkers. So yeah, you lead a pack of racists. Sorry calling a spade a spade gets you all salty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

one of the biggest things that killed goon interest in prior pvp games, atlas but also more than just atlas, was the fact that no one was really willing to attack goondor

a lot of the people in this thread have a long history in these games of dealing with slur wielding meme-kids (hell, even I do after doing diplo in atlas) and if globby didn't have such a long deep history of outright cheating I'd consider him trying to pick a fight with a goon group nothing but a good thing, for keeping the game interesting

the racism is a known and expected quantity but I imagine trying to predict the next hack gets tiresome. like dealing with gucci gang