Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

hahaha is there a summary anywhere about this drama.

Worrun is a p chill dude from what I've seen.

he is

and hard to give a complete summary because he's currently talking with someone off stream

the long and short of it is that it was a bingo format with a lot of poorly spelled out categories that had very specific (and inconsistent) conditions for fulfillment, none of which were communicated to streamers or the viewers properly, and the organizers seemed to be more-or-less making it up as they went (i.e. they decided scav runs didn't count mid-tourney)

so poo poo like "Kill Killa two times" specifically meant one person had to kill Killa twice, and "Collect 30 PMC Dogtags" meant one person had to have 30 dogtags in inventory, and there was continuous ambiguity about whether teamkills counted for condition fulfillment (since it hadn't been spelled out beforehand that they weren't it was generally ruled they were ok, but this was not necessarily consistently applied)

but then it was also inconsistently applied - i.e. it took forever for them to give Worrun credit for "Complete one crafting cycle in the hideout (you need to craft an item and take it)" while others got it instantly (this was also true across the tourney at large, I'm just focusing on the main drama)

the actual specific issue was that team LVNDMARK did not get given credit for two separate spaces ("Get 3 kills with NSV or AGS" and "Obtain 6,000,000 total Roubles between all stashes") which were each worth a bingo and whose conditions were obviously fulfilled by them well in advance of the end of the tournament, while the "winners" got their 5th Bingo immediately before the tournament end

the answers for why these weren't counted have been extremely contradictory and non-sensical (i.e. the stream first claimed they didn't get 6m roubles "in time" when it was done with like 20+ minutes of leeway, and then it was claimed that it had to all be in one stash, despite the wording making it clear that was not the case/the EU tourney having done things differently/the general impossibility of combining money that way in Tarkov due to transfer limits)

e;fb

ShowTime posted:

I wish I knew who the third teammate was, because even with just Worrun/LVNDMARK, you have an incredible team. If I were a betting man, i'd bet on those two any day of the week. Two of the, if not the, best Tarkov streamers.

it was WillerZ

LGD fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
drat the tarkov thread is talking about fuckin streamers again

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
The only other contest I've seen them run was that timed one where the winner was the one with the highest stash value. The bingo thing was an interesting idea but apparently run by morons.

Drops were good though.

Edit: If you haven't already, hop on Landmarks stream. Drops are still happening somehow.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 15, 2020

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Listening to the commentators it was obvious nobody actually had any idea what the hell was going on, and also hearing them try to figure out if Trevor May was still a baseball player was hilarious. (He is.)

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

hakimashou posted:

drat the tarkov thread is talking about fuckin streamers again

Watching streamers with drops enabled is maybe one of the best things in this game though. Especially when juicy drama comes out of it. We all love talking poo poo about BSG and tournament organizers and this is the perfect opportunity.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ChesterJT posted:

The only other contest I've seen them run was that timed one where the winner was the one with the highest stash value. The bingo thing was an interesting idea but apparently run by morons.

Drops were good though.

Bingo was a very good format if the execution wasn't unimaginably terrible, and most of the challenges were good

the only bad ones were the ones that were excessively RNG-based due to the need to find specific items in-raid (15 hot rods is ridiculous/impossible, finding mayo is hardly guaranteed, vodka is a bit more reasonable but similar)

i also didn't think that the hidden categories added much - I get that the point is to add some excitement as people need to adjust strategy partway, but overall it seemed dubious (especially with how poor/unclear communication and the "rules" of the tournament were)

e: also re: #3 below - there was an identically worded (hidden) category that involved killing 10 pmcs on reserve that was used by Swagger's team to Bingo despite the fact that the requisite kills were split across multiple individuals

just a shitshow of inconsistency (and hard not to think something else might be at work when that "inconsistency" results in such a large swing in final results - even if it wasn't you have to be impressively incompetent to create and utterly fail to address such a massive appearance of impropriety)

LGD fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 15, 2020

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Someone on Reddit posted a good breakdown, so i'll post it here:

Watched it from LVndmarks POV since the start. So I'll break down why this tourney was all throughout a shitshow. Here's the final standings, results, and objectives: https://imgur.com/a/KBvisIk

Here were the issues that popped up during the tourny:

"Earn 50,000 combat experience" square

"Combat experience" is not a term used in Tarkov. LVandmark's team attempted to clear this up in the middle of the tourny, but one of the organizers kept "looking it up" and eventually said that it was Kill, looting, healing, and survival XP all combined. However, at the end, they said it was only "kill experience" which Worrun was at 47.8k and could easily have finished with more since all three focused on trying to get Mayo.

2) "Get 3 kills with NSV or AGS" Square

There is no rule against Teamkilling in the rules. Teamkilling was apparently allowed in the EU tourny beforehand? Your teammate's dogtags also counted for the "Collect 30 PMC Dogtags" square as well. LVndmark's team got 3 kills but does not have the square. GRANTED, a lot of these squares would have been a piece of cake if Team Killing were allow on all of them. But that's the point of the rant: Which squares allow TKing? We don't know.

3) "Kill Killa two times" square

Nowhere does it say that you needed to Kill Killa 2 times on a single account. LVndmark got a kill, then Willerz got a kill. After a while, they were told that it had to be on a single account. They would have played it completely different on the second kill.

4) "Obtain 6 million total Roubles between all stashes"

This is the most disputed one. The square CLEARLY says between all stashes. They did this around 15 minutes before the time ended regardless of what the Twitch Rival announcers stated during the result recap. Apparently they are being told now that it had to be on one account.

5) "Complete one crafting cycle in the hideout (you need to craft an item and take it)" square

LVndmark's team crafted a filter from the gas mask. They were not awarded the square for nearly 30 minutes or so which resulted in them trying to figure out why it's not counting while trying to focus on other objectives.

6) Objectives not clear on which needed to be done on a PMC vs a Scav. Or which ones needed to be done against a PMC or Scav.

7) Not a single team in both EU and NA was able to get 15 hot rods. There were a few teams that were trying to gather them which is pretty much a trap.

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
I just wish I got some drops after 'watching' the drat stream all day.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

just got 100% lagswitched on by some dude in factory. feels bad.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
I thought I got nothing, but playing the game this evening Prapor sent me a not very good helmet, a docs case, and the purple sunglasses. Better than nothing I suppose.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
My best drops were a sweet SVDS and an item case. Pretty happy with the stuff I got. A lot of the drops were delayed and I ended up getting 4-5 drops after the tournament ended just watching Worrun. They might have still been on or they might have been delayed. Hard to say for sure.

I'd hold onto the glasses for a bit. They could go up in price because they are a rare item you can only get during the tournament. Or they could go down because people don't know about them. Hard to say for sure. If you aren't hurting for money i'd hold onto them.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
5 commons, 6 rares and a legendary. a few of them dropped way after I'd turned the stream off similar to what others are saying. pretty pleased with my haul: rivals bandana and glasses, money case, 2x docs case, an Altyn, and a Vulkan-5 for the legendary. a salewa was the only decent thing out of what I'm guessing were all my commons.

is doing limited edition item drops like this is going to make doing wipes more difficult? people take their dress-up dolls real seriously these days.

echoing that the stream seemed like a clusterfuck from the limited amount I watched, the bingo format was pretty novel though. I hope they get it dialed in.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

The twitch stream said I got 10 common and 4 rare drops, yet I got all this:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I got 18 common and 4 rare drops in EU. Nothing special I think. Some meds mainly, maybe the game is trying to send me a message.

I wiped 3/4 of my Interchange runs yesterday. 1 guy killed me 20 meters from exfil, 2nd time I was 10 secs late, 3rd time I was 10 meters away from exfil and my head got to 0HP because of dehydration.

I am going to run Reserve today and hope for more successfull extracts :suicide:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Finally got tricked on the flea market and spent 5600 dollars on something and not 5600 roubles. Be careful!

Was listing an item, hit the sort by highest button, saw a good deal and was like "oh lets get that". Poof, goodbye about 700k. No big deal, just embarrassing and I hate that some gently caress got a bunch of money for that. Good sign that I need to go to bed.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

Watching streamers with drops enabled is maybe one of the best things in this game though. Especially when juicy drama comes out of it. We all love talking poo poo about BSG and tournament organizers and this is the perfect opportunity.

jesus

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

it might be time to accept that Tarkov is mainstream now

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
please tell us your opinions on why streamers are the worst

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Was watching a recent video from Anton and well, how do you hit these no-scopes? Anyone got tips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwS1kVO92tM&t=363s

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009

ChesterJT posted:

The twitch stream said I got 10 common and 4 rare drops, yet I got all this:

Checked again after ya'll said a lot of the drops were coming in late.

Can't wait to wear my fancy condom.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

ShowTime posted:

Was watching a recent video from Anton and well, how do you hit these no-scopes? Anyone got tips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwS1kVO92tM&t=363s

Practice? Guns are accurate without ADS too. Maybe with enough experience you can point the gun precisely without ADS.

For full auto I understand people use lasers to reduce the spread.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Ihmemies posted:

Practice? Guns are accurate without ADS too. Maybe with enough experience you can point the gun precisely without ADS.

For full auto I understand people use lasers to reduce the spread.

I can do some pretty good point shooting now, but that range was nuts. For a single shot too. Sure, an automatic I can see getting the kill. But the one tap from that range is just nuts. Jealous of people that can aim like that.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

ShowTime posted:

I can do some pretty good point shooting now, but that range was nuts. For a single shot too. Sure, an automatic I can see getting the kill. But the one tap from that range is just nuts. Jealous of people that can aim like that.

Those guys are literally playing shooters as a full time job for years.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

So amongst some other things I got a Twitch Rivals Mask and Sunglasses. I have no intention of using them, d'you think it's worth selling them now or hanging on to them for a bit?

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Lemon posted:

So amongst some other things I got a Twitch Rivals Mask and Sunglasses. I have no intention of using them, d'you think it's worth selling them now or hanging on to them for a bit?

The market is too volatile right now to bother selling them

I put a mask up for ~750k, the market crashed to ~600k, i listed another one at that price, then the market fell to like 100k

So now I'm gonna wait until it settles down

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Lemon posted:

I'd say wait. The market has probably bottomed out. I managed to flip my first half mask for over 250k and second one and glasses for around 500k each. Unless your stash is tiny the opportunity cost of those 3 inventory slots isn't particularly high.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
They did a podcast earlier with Nikita. Someone posted some notes about it. There will likely be a video later.

https://callmecasual.blogspot.com/2020/04/april-15th-podcast-notes.html

Things of note to me were they are revamping soft skills in 12.7 and they are making a wipe announcement next week. To me that seems like there will be a wipe in 12.7 with the skill reboot. Who knows though. He previously said no wipe until Streets of Tarkov but I think that is gonna change to sometime in the next couple months.

Edit: Managed to listen to most of it so far and sounds like wipe will likely be in 12.6 instead. Originally wasn't planned to coincide with anything but during the podcast Nikita seemed to like the idea of tying it into a patch. Sounds like VOIP is also on the fence. Nikita doesn't like it anymore but says it will come eventually, so probably way down the road. Customs getting expanded in 12.5. Trying to think of anything else major and there really isn't anything that stands out. Podcast was mostly them talking about the tournament from yesterday, graphical changes, bugs, hackers and random little bits of nothing major. I'd expect changes to M995 and Slick armor (M995 cheaper, Slick more expensive) based off what the feedback from streamers was about. Probably better loot in the new Interchange rooms and even Kiba based on the same feedback.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 16, 2020

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
You missed the most important note

nikita posted:

BEAR that speaks broken English will eventually be in the game.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I did end up listening to the rest of it last night (I listen to stuff like that inbetween queuing for raids) and there wasn't anything other really interesting. The one thing I do remember that I forgot to mention was the tournament tasks were all triggered in client, which is why some of the tasks were a little weird/odd/not scored correctly. Things like 6mil on one player were all triggered when one player possessed 6mil because the client saw that 6mil in game. They weren't manually triggered.

What's cool is that this is a test of a future weekly quest system. So we'll have weekly quests in the future that are similar to what we saw in the tournament. We might even get daily quests. Things like "Kill Gluhar twice" as a daily and "Kill 10 PMC's with headshots from 100m or greater" as a weekly. That I absolutely love and can't wait to see.

They also had one of the tournament organizers in after Nikita left and from what he said, they were as in the dark as we were. BSG basically gave them everything when we saw it and they were just as confused about some stuff as us.

One thing to note about drops for the future: drops are based off who is doing well. The more squares you complete, the better the loot drops in your channel. Kind of a weird system, but if you watched the person in 1st place you'd get better gear than watching the person in 2nd, 3rd, etc. We'll be doing the bingo system in the future it sounds like. Apparently the drops for a streamer completing their whole card were nuts.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
edit: So how much was this officially run incompetence and how much was twitch rivals staff incompetence? I don't follow twitch and streamer poo poo, but the shitshow has a real battlestate games feel to it

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 16, 2020

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Hopefully they'll implement DLSS 2.0 support too. They have TAA already so it shouldn't be a big effort. 50% more performace, yes please. 120fps instead of 80fps with my rtx2060, can't wait for it :3:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ShowTime posted:

One thing to note about drops for the future: drops are based off who is doing well. The more squares you complete, the better the loot drops in your channel. Kind of a weird system, but if you watched the person in 1st place you'd get better gear than watching the person in 2nd, 3rd, etc. We'll be doing the bingo system in the future it sounds like. Apparently the drops for a streamer completing their whole card were nuts.

I watched Pestily and got some good 100k drops, so that checks out.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Famethrowa posted:

I watched Pestily and got some good 100k drops, so that checks out.

Some of the streamers were told this too, but because of the poor communication, others were told differently, so it never got out. I watched the tournament stream because I didn't know other channels had drops enabled. I ended up getting 1 legendary, so i'm not sure how that channel was "scored". I do know that when I started watching Worrun at the end of the stream, my drops did get better, quality wise.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Wallrod posted:

edit: So how much was this officially run incompetence and how much was twitch rivals staff incompetence? I don't follow twitch and streamer poo poo, but the shitshow has a real battlestate games feel to it

Sounds like all official if the Twitch people are to be believed. Given the dumb poo poo that comes out of battle state I find it completely believable.

ShowTime posted:

What's cool is that this is a test of a future weekly quest system. So we'll have weekly quests in the future that are similar to what we saw in the tournament. We might even get daily quests. Things like "Kill Gluhar twice" as a daily and "Kill 10 PMC's with headshots from 100m or greater" as a weekly. That I absolutely love and can't wait to see.

Yes more Jaeger level bullshit, just what everyone was clamoring for.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

ShowTime posted:

So they gave Swagger the win and while Worrun/LVNDMARK and their third teammate were being professional (though pissed at the tournament organizers), Swagger started talking an incredible amount of poo poo about them and their team. At one point he even banned all the viewers in his channel who weren't subbed.

Swagger had like 8 thousand people appear in his chat and start screaming at him for something that he had nothing to do with and calling him a "fat retard gently caress" or something along those lines. He was talking poo poo on those people specifically and saying that it didn't look good for the streamers whose channels they came from. He was not wrong about that and I don't think any of the other streamers disagreed with that.

That whole thing was a shitshow though. Pestily had a twitch rivals person on yesterday and he kind of went over what happened and how disorganized it all was.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Phobeste posted:

You missed the most important note

I assume there will be a new skill you have to train in order to make the English phrases available.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Inspector_666 posted:

I assume there will be a new skill you have to train in order to make the English phrases available.

No it'll just be bound to alt-ctrl-f1 (double tap)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Can't wait for the Tarkov Battle Pass!! I'm gonna love it!!!!

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

ChesterJT posted:

Sounds like all official if the Twitch people are to be believed. Given the dumb poo poo that comes out of battle state I find it completely believable.
Yeah, it has all the hallmarks. Poorly communicated, bad implementation, haphazard changes out of nowhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Can't wait for the Tarkov Battle Pass!! I'm gonna love it!!!!

They talked about microtransactions. Even as a way to stop RMT. Nikita is adamantly against it. Saying that, money changes everything. They are still planning DLCs and I think that's how they plan on keeping themselves funded.

One thing that was interesting was that Nikita kind of mentioned they were a little sick of developing Tarkov. At least that's what it sounded like. Maybe not sick of, but bored with. They want to finish Tarkov and make another game.