Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

twoday posted:

Do not start smoking for the love of God, if you want to stick to this idea, which I advise you don't, get some gum or a nicotine patch, which won't damage your lungs, but please don't do this either, not even after coming up with this theory do I believe it's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

twoday posted:

Do not start smoking for the love of God, if you want to stick to this idea, which I advise you don't, get some gum or a nicotine patch, which won't damage your lungs, but please don't do this either, not even after coming up with this theory do I believe it's true

To play devils advocate: everyone on earth should immediately start smoking

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

twoday posted:

as a life long nicotine addict I agree but if you do try it use the patches, the gum works but is loving awful on your teeth after a while and will likely give you awful indigestion.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

endlessmonotony posted:

Yo, twoday, pointing at you directly.

Your media had any whispers about a 3-11 schedule or the more dangerous 4 day weekend schedule for partially unfucking the economy?

There was already tons of part time work and flex contracts over here and I haven't heard about that anywhere but

Coronavirus, no surrender
3 days work, 11 day bender

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

endlessmonotony posted:

Any countries (probably in Europe) talking about moving to a 3-11 schedule yet?

That is, 3 days at work and 11 days off, so if you get infected during the at work period you can't transmit it asymptomatically while at work.

duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh
nuh nuh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYBIRHi5-o8

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the USA is about to go on a bigass bender as everyone gets their stimulus money and blows it on weed, booze and drugs. or is that just me

twoday
May 4, 2005

what have I done

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Starting up nicotine is fairly analogous to the fish tank cleaner therapy. Unverified effectiveness with well known negative side effects.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
I HAVE ART I WANNA COMMISION WHERES MY TRUMBPBUX

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
im going to fill a vape tank with fish tank cleaner and eliquid and become immortal

twoday
May 4, 2005

Korean Boomhauer posted:

I HAVE ART I WANNA COMMISION WHERES MY TRUMBPBUX

excellent question

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

squirrelzipper posted:

as a life long nicotine addict I agree but if you do try it use the patches, the gum works but is loving awful on your teeth after a while and will likely give you awful indigestion.

when i was inpatient for awhile the serious addicts used to trade smokers food or other poo poo for the nicotine patches you'd get prescribed and put on by the nurses. they'd take that poo poo right off your arm and jam it in their mouth and suck/chew on it to get a bit of a high off of it

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Noise Complaint posted:

supposedly it's by income?

also your bank likely won't process deposits until like 6am

sorry I meant like how us poors would get SNAP benefits on a certain day depending on our last name

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Don't some energy drinks have nicotine too? Let's all drink fifty of those.

twoday
May 4, 2005

squirrelzipper posted:

Stereotype posted:

To play devils advocate: everyone on earth should immediately start smoking

Even if it works there wouldn't be any reason to do it preventatively, but only when you start to feel symptoms

Don't smoke! Don't start! Please listen to this advice too if you are listening to me at all

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Noise Complaint posted:

when i was inpatient for awhile the serious addicts used to trade smokers food or other poo poo for the nicotine patches you'd get prescribed and put on by the nurses. they'd take that poo poo right off your arm and jam it in their mouth and suck/chew on it to get a bit of a high off of it

nice. sounds like a super cool cure. love it. incredibly great

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Not even Working For The Weekend.

twoday posted:

There was already tons of part time work and flex contracts over here and I haven't heard about that anywhere but

Coronavirus, no surrender
3 days work, 11 day bender

Hah.

But yeah I seem to have seen it floated around but in no serious capacity yet.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Whoa got my trump bux.

Now to not spend it on anything I don't explicitly need.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
art of the deal, have a last name early in the alphabet or get your check late every time

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

art of the deal, have a last name early in the alphabet or get your check late every time

my parents got theirs but i haven't gotten mine yet

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I wonder if its a state/area code thing.

I checked in yesterday with a bunch of friends and they were all nos, but now it seems like they all got it about the same time i did.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Telsa Cola posted:

I wonder if its a state/area code thing.

I checked in yesterday with a bunch of friends and they were all nos, but now it seems like they all got it about the same time i did.

when someone in MD gets it u can tell me by sending me the full amount to my venmo, paypal, or zelle

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I've always been on the fence about smoking, as a career health care worker. Now I have no doubts. Just need to hunt down an active TB patient and have them spit in my mouth so I can corona protected.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
still haven’t gotten it.

is it because my last name starts with a y

should’ve changed my last name to Aaron

Steve Yun has issued a correction as of 08:28 on Apr 15, 2020

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tei posted:

will the homeless have access to the pool?

Pools closed, covid in the pool.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

changing my last name to AAAAAAAAAAAA so I always get everything first

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
someone said chase banks are getting it now and Wells Fargo can expect it tomorrow morning

is this because Wells Fargo starts with a w

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I should’ve changed banks to Bank of America

twoday
May 4, 2005

I was looking back through my posts in the last thread about nicotine, and I also found this one which was pretty funny

twoday posted:

Americans finally just now started tweeting about the virus and now my feed is filled with pundits and hot takes instead of the Romanian newspapers and Falun Gong shame cube videos

anyway, here are some of the posts about nicotine, for what they are worth

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3912152&pagenumber=260&perpage=40#post502738682

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912152&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=265#post502748400

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3912152&pagenumber=366&perpage=40#post502849345

I am not a doctor or any kind of health expert! Do not listen to my posts or advice as if I was a doctor! Don’t smoke!

twoday has issued a correction as of 08:31 on Apr 15, 2020

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

twoday posted:

I was looking back through my posts in the last thread about nicotine, and I also found this one which was pretty funny

anyway, here are some of the posts about nicotine, for what they are worth

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3912152&pagenumber=260&perpage=40#post502738682

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912152&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=265#post502748400

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3912152&pagenumber=366&perpage=40#post502849345

I am not a doctor or any kind of health expert! Do not listen to my posts or advice as if I was a doctor! Don’t smoke!

lmao yeah yeah but should I try Marlboro or menthols first???

twoday
May 4, 2005

Google Butt posted:

lmao yeah yeah but should I try Marlboro or menthols first???

hey have you considered a well-balanced diet and regular exercise, I hear that’s the tastiest smoke of them all

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

gently caress cigs, just start smoking cigars all the time for efficiency.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Inceltown posted:

https://twitter.com/devisridhar/status/1250182592009207810

This seems less than ideal. 80+ and you die because gently caress you we're Trnmpstans

how in the gently caress did Sweden decide to be extroverts now more than ever

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

empty whippet box posted:

my parents got theirs but i haven't gotten mine yet

Having an exotic name sucks, Zogbert.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

How much should I be drinking when I pick my smoking back up to fight off the roni? Would a handle a day keep the plague doctor away?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

so what you are saying with this smoking poo poo is that humans were designed not to live very long and doing so actually autocorrects because they create a society too stupid for them to survive in?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
the paper specifically points out nicotine so I imagine nicotine gum might be safer and you’d be getting the primary (alleged) benefit

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Lurking Haro posted:

Having an exotic name sucks, Zogbert.

the most anti-semitic dilbert character yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

the paper specifically points out nicotine so I imagine nicotine gum might be safer and you’d be getting the primary (alleged) benefit

Alleged! Not proven!