Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

See, this is part of what I mean by 'FF7R being more FF7 than FF7 was' because things like Crisis Core completely recontextualized Aeris, which FF7R then draws upon.

i don't think it's the presence of the EU so much as the events of midgar being drawn out so much, which means the cast's early characterization gets broadened to match. aeris was always this person, she's just moreso now

that's also why cloud is just slightly put-upon in the original game's wall market but spends the FF7R sequence with the expression and attitude of someone trapped in a waking nightmare

you could call it caricaturing and you wouldn't be wrong, but the writing's entertaining enough to keep it from being bothersome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Wait the implication in Madam M’s scene is that he’s getting a handjob? Or at some point in Wall Market? I mean, hand massage seemed innuendo-y enough and I assumed the original implied more but I barely remember it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Imhotep posted:

Wait the implication in Madam M’s scene is that he’s getting a handjob? Or at some point in Wall Market? I mean, hand massage seemed innuendo-y enough and I assumed the original implied more but I barely remember it.

It's just the same thing as puff puff from dragon quest.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LMAO the game tells you it’s a hand massage but then the scene is basically shot and acted like a softcore and Cloud is WIPED OUT afterwards.

Also Cloud’s delivery on “Nailed It! Thanks, Moving On!” when Tifa’s first sees his dress is the best line read in the game, I genuinely like Cloud now that his personality really shines through.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Imhotep posted:

It's a literal hand-job.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm still pretty incredulous that they made FF7 relevant again in the cursed year 2020. They totally did though.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm still pretty incredulous that they made FF7 relevant again in the cursed year 2020. They totally did though.

I think Final Fantasy just predicted 2020 in 1997 more than anything.

Also, I mean I paid for the 500 gil handjob so I didn’t know if Cloud was screaming because he ordered some kinky bdsm thing on accident but I just assumed hand massage meant hands cause she feels his hands and says they’re the hands of a rugged warrior or whatever, but also delicate and soft etc. Also I’m playing in Japanese and apparently the English text isn’t the same as the English text for the English dub, so I feel like some stuff is a little less or more subtle depending on whatever you played. I mean, obviously the whole thing is pretty horny, I just read your post tho that said ‘handjob’ explicitly.

Edit: I meant Esco when I said ‘your’ post, but yeah a literal hand job makes sense too

imhotep fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 15, 2020

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

Oxxidation posted:

ff7r aeris: chaos-witch of unfathomable puissance

Just want to give you an A+ for using the word puissance perfectly

Much appreciated

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LMAO forever if you didn’t spend 3,000g on the super elite handjob, going down to 103g, only to win it all back in the Coliseum.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I only had had enough for the cheap one, and I thought Aerith would be put off by my spending 3000 Gil on a handjob

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

LMAO forever if you didn’t spend 3,000g on the super elite handjob, going down to 103g, only to win it all back in the Coliseum.

I read this post 5 seconds before the option came up so of course I went with that one

They really didn’t try and hide that in the slightest did they lmao

Imhotep posted:

I only had had enough for the cheap one, and I thought Aerith would be put off by my spending 3000 Gil on a handjob

I don’t think she was super happy about it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Aerith, like all Manic Pixie Dream Girls in every medium ever, is annoying and her barely contained world-weary sorrow behind her thin veneer of jubilance is cloying at best and she can kick rocks while Madame M takes all my stress and anxiety away.

I am at Ghost Train and have never seen Haste Materia. Where did I miss it?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I loved that you control Aeris for a split second because Cloud is too worn out, presumably from lots of jizzing

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Sony PS4: spending 3000 Gil on a handjob

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Oxxidation posted:

ff7 aeris: slum kid whose unassuming demeanor belies her street smarts and steely will
ff7r aeris: chaos-witch of unfathomable puissance

my ex had a real fat puissance

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Escobarbarian posted:

I loved that you control Aeris for a split second because Cloud is too worn out, presumably from lots of jizzing

Both times exist entirely so you the player can needle Cloud over his "...I don't wanna talk about it..." moments.

Also I just did Chapter 9 and got to see why people keep raving about the Honeybee Inn in the remake. Holy poo poo, the Honeybee Inn :magical:. I got the earrings :smuggo:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Both times exist entirely so you the player can needle Cloud over his "...I don't wanna talk about it..." moments.

Also I just did Chapter 9 and got to see why people keep raving about the Honeybee Inn in the remake. Holy poo poo, the Honeybee Inn :magical:. I got the earrings :smuggo:

So did I. I just loved Cloud's whole attitude throughout the whole thing. Look, I'm a highly trained genetically, excuse me, Mako-enhanced super-soldier. I loving well *can* dance to put you to shame. I just don't goddamn want to.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
so how big is the game, does it feel big like a regular 60 hour ff game or is it just the same 10 hour midgar but padded out with extra poo poo?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

so how big is the game, does it feel big like a regular 60 hour ff game or is it just the same 10 hour midgar but padded out with extra poo poo?

It's absolutely the latter but I say that in the most positive way possible.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Vikar Jerome posted:

It's the first ~10 hours of FFVII but with a whole bunch of expanded character stories and areas, some entirely new, some establishing future plot developments earlier in the narrative. It's a 30-40 hour game but it doesn't feel incomplete or unsatisfying.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Stand up, cast your fears aside. Stand up, bear your soul with pride.

:slick:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

exactly has big God of War, I believe.

but I have not finished it, so I don't know if the game have a post-game of any type

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
One thing I really love with FFVIIR is they've made the time to let players of the original game know yes, Aerith is absolutely still going to die. And probably knows it's coming just as much as you do just to twist the knife. Sword. You know what I mean.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

God drat it I'm buying another FF game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

All right son, but this will be your FINAL fantasy.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

goblin week posted:

my ex had a real fat puissance

nice

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ha ha now u liek anime

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

exquisite tea posted:

All right son, but this will be your FINAL fantasy.

Final Fantasy as a whole was never final but now even the individual Final Fantasy's aren't final.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I do wish there was a way to bind spells and UA to the quick use menu.

It’s kind of cramped space in there

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

:same:

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Also Cloud’s delivery on “Nailed It! Thanks, Moving On!” when Tifa’s first sees his dress is the best line read in the game, I genuinely like Cloud now that his personality really shines through.

Definitely! Laughed out loud on that. https://youtu.be/8HOxWKmfhEc

This game is a lot more funnier than I thought it would be.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The new "good game that's fun to play" system is a great addition to the series that pulled me back after FF13 made me swear it all off

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

CharlestheHammer posted:

I do wish there was a way to bind spells and UA to the quick use menu.

It’s kind of cramped space in there

You mean the L1 + face buttons quick menu, yeh? I forgot that I had it for the whole game and was constantly in the menus until the end of the game when you’re doing a poo poo ton of damage and building up your atb meter constantly. I did the rest of the colosseum stuff and finished the rest of the side quests and the squatting contest etc and the colosseum was kind of weirdly easy. Maybe because I could have done it when I was with Aerith only and like 10 levels lower, but I was still expecting something ridiculous, and the rest of the game on normal has been way harder than I thought it would.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Imhotep posted:

You mean the L1 + face buttons quick menu, yeh? I forgot that I had it for the whole game and was constantly in the menus until the end of the game when you’re doing a poo poo ton of damage and building up your atb meter constantly. I did the rest of the colosseum stuff and finished the rest of the side quests and the squatting contest etc and the colosseum was kind of weirdly easy. Maybe because I could have done it when I was with Aerith only and like 10 levels lower, but I was still expecting something ridiculous, and the rest of the game on normal has been way harder than I thought it would.

I completely missed that there were any non-quest collusium fights other than Cloud vs. monsters the first time through until I read it on here. I assumed that they'd all unlock on NG+ or something.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
quick general PS4 question: I've been playing FFVII Remake which rules, but my PS4 has been having some significant issues playing it. music cutting out randomly, cutscenes freezing while background music/SFX keep playing, that kind of thing. right now i'm doing a full initialization of my ps4, already made sure to upload all my saves and stuff to the cloud. if anybody else here has had to do this, what are the chances that this will hopefully fix my issues?

e:should also mention that i was having similar issues while playing other games too(audio cutting out in RE3make, Persona 5 Royal, etc)

e2:SHOULD ALSO MENTION that i alreaddy tried rebuilding th database, no luck unfortunately :/

psychoJ fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 15, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

e: whoops!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I really really really really want to play FFVII Remake.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought I might do the platinum for FF7R because the game is great. But the trophy to unlock all nine dress options requires going back and redoing a couple chapters twice and that's a bit too much :effort:

Neat to see the different dress reactions lol though, I watched them on YouTube

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

psychoJ posted:

quick general PS4 question: I've been playing FFVII Remake which rules, but my PS4 has been having some significant issues playing it. music cutting out randomly, cutscenes freezing while background music/SFX keep playing, that kind of thing. right now i'm doing a full initialization of my ps4, already made sure to upload all my saves and stuff to the cloud. if anybody else here has had to do this, what are the chances that this will hopefully fix my issues?

I ran into this recently with Spider-Man (stuttering/delay between audio and video during cutscenes, bad loading times when slinging across the city, pop-in, etc) and after initializing the console twice and reinstalling, I gave up and used another hard drive with it. That fixed it for me. Not sure if it matters, but I had replaced the original 500gb stock with 2TB Seagate. It could have just been its time to go. If you still have those issues after initializing and reinstalling, you may want to try a new one. Hopefully you have a physical copy and not a download so you don't have to go through all of the bandwidth (or don't have to worry about it).

E: After reading your addendum I'm almost certain that's it. For me it started with Spider-Man and then spread to other applications and even just the system menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Schremp Howard posted:

I ran into this recently with Spider-Man (stuttering/delay between audio and video during cutscenes, bad loading times when slinging across the city, pop-in, etc) and after initializing the console twice and reinstalling, I gave up and used another hard drive with it. That fixed it for me. Not sure if it matters, but I had replaced the original 500gb stock with 2TB Seagate. It could have just been its time to go. If you still have those issues after initializing and reinstalling, you may want to try a new one. Hopefully you have a physical copy and not a download so you don't have to go through all of the bandwidth (or don't have to worry about it).

E: After reading your addendum I'm almost certain that's it. For me it started with Spider-Man and then spread to other applications and even just the system menu.

yeaaah i have a download copy but bandwidth isn't really an issue for me luckily. i'll look up some good hard drives now, thanks for the response!

psychoJ fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 15, 2020