Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There are no dwarfs in ESO sadly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

euphronius posted:

There are no dwarfs in ESO sadly

Living ones at least. I seem to remember fighting some dwarven ghosts at some point.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The mesopotamian dwarves died on the way back to their home plane(t)

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

the dwarves were also elves because by the laws of TES everything has to be a subspecies of elf, including the orcs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just found out the Bretons are also .... elves !!

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

euphronius posted:

I just found out the Bretons are also .... elves !!

After the Sweetroll Crisis of 1E 420, the humans Humer were split into the Bretmer, Nordmer, Redmer and Imperialmer! :pseudo:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Comrade Koba posted:

the dwarves were also elves because by the laws of TES everything has to be a subspecies of elf, including the orcs

were all ehlnofey when you get down to it

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
I’ve tried this game multiple times over the past two years, usually a stam build of some sort because I tend to play melee.

Last night I gave it another shake as an magicka sorcerer and holy poo poo, this game actually IS fun.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

if you like sorc, consider this

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1314-PetDismiss.html

keybind just dismissing all your pets so they are swamping you constantly

also works for wardens and bears when you don't need them

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
I'm gonna miss the event exp boost. Up to CP 70 now though (I think I was level 30 before), and I also have an Indrik, so it was good to me! Hoping I can replace more of my gear though, starting to have big problems with enemies with my quickly-outleveled junk. Trying to make it to CP 160 before I look too hard, but I think I'm going to need a stopgap anyway.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m levelling a necromancer in the bits of the game I didn’t do before and holy poo poo, that ability like Ant Man gets in civil war where he goes massive and starts smashing planes only it’s a enormous AOE field while being basically immortal, I never knew I needed this in my life so badly.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

potaties posted:

I'm gonna miss the event exp boost. Up to CP 70 now though (I think I was level 30 before), and I also have an Indrik, so it was good to me! Hoping I can replace more of my gear though, starting to have big problems with enemies with my quickly-outleveled junk. Trying to make it to CP 160 before I look too hard, but I think I'm going to need a stopgap anyway.

My goal was to get my highest character to CP 120 and I got like 50% through CP 119 so I can that a win. I'm still running with 80% under level 50 gear but I put on rings and necklace as I get them from geysers and dolmens. The Daily Dolmens FG quest helps here. I swap to anything that has training on it that I get, otherwise I don't worry about it until CP160. Seems to be okay for me, although it'd probably be worth keeping your weapons current. I have been finding decent replacements there which help.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Is there any reason for me to give a poo poo about crafting or is it a trap like in pretty much every other mmo where it's generally just better to buy the stuff you need than to ever bother crafting it for yourself?

It seems that with the reasearch time sinks I'll never be able to craft meaningful gear for myself....

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was reading about it last night and the cooking and alchemy lines have good passives

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

if nothing else it's a good source of cash and EXP even if you break down / vendor everything, unlike other MMOs.

e: And you can craft useful stuff immediately. Fort my sorc, I outfitted myself mostly in crafted gear and it worked well and I leveled up faster than grabbing rando drops. Yes, the more you research the longer it takes, but just start with Training and Divines, and everything else can take days, it doesn't matter. If you look hard you can usually buy cheap gear that has the trait you want if you haven't found any yet.

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 14, 2020

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Doctor Zero posted:

if nothing else it's a good source of cash and EXP even if you break down / vendor everything, unlike other MMOs.

Writs have been lucrative for sure...

I've been blasting through them thanks to Lazy Writ Crafter -
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html

But I have essentially no sp invested in crafting at all and the temptation is really there - the skill points certainly aren't though...

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Most of my research now takes 24 days. Sheesh.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

you should have a main to pool all your motifs/recipes/schematics on for furnishings

sadly master writs are are off of what your character knows so you want at least one character that knows everything, might as well be the one you play mainly

if you are new and need training gear to hit 160 drop a line here or in guild chat and someone can get you a full rack of gear its not really a problem to make just specify if you're stam or mag focused

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have a full set of like level 16 training gear someone in general chat made for me
Do I need to ever upgrade that before 160?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

you should have a main to pool all your motifs/recipes/schematics on for furnishings

sadly master writs are are off of what your character knows so you want at least one character that knows everything, might as well be the one you play mainly

if you are new and need training gear to hit 160 drop a line here or in guild chat and someone can get you a full rack of gear its not really a problem to make just specify if you're stam or mag focused

I was going to make my own training gear - but that seems to simply not be possible - so far I can make crappy training bows....

Should also probably actually join the guild....

@Mordgier

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

euphronius posted:

I have a full set of like level 16 training gear someone in general chat made for me
Do I need to ever upgrade that before 160?

ideally you should be upgrading gear every 10 levels

of course with the jubilee going on exp is real easy, so you could really get away with just wearing whatever to be honest, but if you're PC and on later i can make you some

to be clear you can get away with just wearing whatever you loot leveling up anyways, training gear will just speed things up

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 14, 2020

Dreissi
Feb 14, 2007

:dukedog:
College Slice
Can @Dressi get an invite as well?

Also, if I have the Plus subscription can I play the most current expansion (Elsweyr)? Can't seem to wayshrine there.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol I haven’t even been using the cake and I feel like the levels are flying bye.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Dreissi posted:

Also, if I have the Plus subscription can I play the most current expansion (Elsweyr)? Can't seem to wayshrine there.

Plus does not provide access to the latest chapter.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

euphronius posted:

Lol I haven’t even been using the cake and I feel like the levels are flying bye.

yeah leveling isnt a concern these days especially if you make sure to queue up for 1 daily random dungeon a day which gives a huge exp reward

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Is it me or is it a total crap shoot whether the group finder will work for dailies or not? I usually que as a healer and it's either instant or I literally never get in. Requeing sometimes works but often just does nothing.

Essential
Aug 14, 2003

JadaX posted:

Going to download and login with the following specs:

i7-3537u
intel hd 4000
8gb ram

Wish me luck xD

Would you mind posting your results? My bro in law has a similar setup and he really wants to play. He's fine with everything being on the lowest settings, he just wants to play.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
My computer is

i3-4150
8gb ram
Radeon HD6700

I can't play on super high graphics settings but it's not quite the bottom either and everything seems to work fine except for when there are a shitload of other people around like in the busiest cities at peak hours. Haven't tried to PVP, so no idea how that would work, but given the opinions in this thread it doesn't sound like people with far superior setups have much luck either.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Essential posted:

Would you mind posting your results? My bro in law has a similar setup and he really wants to play. He's fine with everything being on the lowest settings, he just wants to play.

- Lowest graphics, little 'clunky' at times but solo pve playable.
- FPS is a concern, sitting at 25 avg, dropped to single-digits when I was in the city with many other players.
- Did a trial to see how it would be, do not recommend at all (fps issues, laptop started to heat up very fast).
- PVP was unplayable for me.

Another thing to consider though, is that I'm currently not in the US and my ping to NA when I tested was 380 avg, so that also added to my issues, and made fps seem worse (getting fps drops and noticeable lag when I'm doing something).

I think it's playable solo/with friends, but doing anything with a large group will most probably not work (for long).

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

It's worth grinding out cooking so you can have a cheap source of the holiday food when leveling characters. You can find preset cooking ingredient lists for leveling to max, then buy Witchmothers Potent Brew and Duvious Camoran Throne recipes. These basically make you immortal while leveling, they boost your main resource and health a ton.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Frustrated posted:

Is it me or is it a total crap shoot whether the group finder will work for dailies or not? I usually que as a healer and it's either instant or I literally never get in. Requeing sometimes works but often just does nothing.

Unfortunately it's been super broken for a magnitude of years.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Berke Negri posted:

yeah leveling isnt a concern these days especially if you make sure to queue up for 1 daily random dungeon a day which gives a huge exp reward

One thing I have not done is dungeons. I mostly play to chill, and I remember how WOW rando groups were, so I always feel like I’d be a liability. Although now I have a halfway decent grip on the game and I’m getting to the point where I’m interested in dungeon gear, how bad are they in ESO? Do you need a mic?

I could maybe do them myself at this point since I can do dolmens and geysers solo without too much trouble if nobody else is around. But then I wouldn’t get the EXP.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Dungeon in eso are a complete breeze except for a few - even then, most groups just want to complete it for their daily randoms (mostly) so they usually don't do any strats or whatever. You'll see some high level dude keep running through killing everything, others just running after him.

Only time it becomes an issue is if people want to complete some achievements.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Frustrated posted:

Game's broken, big surprise.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Invites caught up to this point. You've been invited to both the main guild, and the decon guild for crafting goodness.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I, too, just got into this game. @PeacefulAnarchy13

I've read there are people willing to trade stuff on the crown store for in game gold, how hard is it to find someone to do that? I don't have enough gold yet, but I'd eventually like to buy the DLC that way.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I, too, just got into this game. @PeacefulAnarchy13

I've read there are people willing to trade stuff on the crown store for in game gold, how hard is it to find someone to do that? I don't have enough gold yet, but I'd eventually like to buy the DLC that way.

If you want crowns, you can always use the Argentina loophole...

VPN to Argentina, create steam account, gift that new steam account $ from your main account using steam wallet gift cards (you won't be able to use your cc on the Argentine account). Use the steam wallet to buy ESO on the new account, and then the remainder to buy crowns. Gift crown items to your main in game.

Oh crowns and ESO are 80% cheaper there...21k crowns ~$32.

This should work for everything except ESO+ which you cannot gift.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 15, 2020

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Doctor Zero posted:

One thing I have not done is dungeons. I mostly play to chill, and I remember how WOW rando groups were, so I always feel like I’d be a liability. Although now I have a halfway decent grip on the game and I’m getting to the point where I’m interested in dungeon gear, how bad are they in ESO? Do you need a mic?

I could maybe do them myself at this point since I can do dolmens and geysers solo without too much trouble if nobody else is around. But then I wouldn’t get the EXP.
You should be fine. Though if you have ESO+ or any of the dungeon expacs, you might sometimes get queued into one of the expansion dungeons. In which case you might have to google it real quick to figure out the mechanics. For the non-expac dungeons you can just run forward and kill everything in your path.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I like the new one with the grappling hook mechanics, hidden bosses and big-rear end skeleton. Hope they keep adding ones that aren't just dash-and-slash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Essential
Aug 14, 2003

JadaX posted:

- Lowest graphics, little 'clunky' at times but solo pve playable.
- FPS is a concern, sitting at 25 avg, dropped to single-digits when I was in the city with many other players.
- Did a trial to see how it would be, do not recommend at all (fps issues, laptop started to heat up very fast).
- PVP was unplayable for me.

Another thing to consider though, is that I'm currently not in the US and my ping to NA when I tested was 380 avg, so that also added to my issues, and made fps seem worse (getting fps drops and noticeable lag when I'm doing something).

I think it's playable solo/with friends, but doing anything with a large group will most probably not work (for long).

Thanks for the info guys. He's only interested in PvE so this should work until he can get a new laptop. I'll pass along the info and hopefully he gives it a shot.