Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Guy Axlerod posted:

I got my Trump bucks, but I don't really need them. I could use them to subsidize the grocery delivery fees I'm now paying, but it feels kind of like dirty money I don't want. Where could it be most useful? Not sending it to any one person, especially anyone who posts here.
Buy a sweet posting rig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm worried our weak piss western euro neolib govts are going to bow when they try to enforce actual border control with countries that are too ronied out and hurt the national pride of whoever is targeted.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

That's ridiculous. Did you see how the EU treated migrants and refugees these last five years? Are you seeing how the EU is currently treating Italy and Spain, or what France was doing to PPE shipments? It's much more likely that European governments go full FYGM on a national level and end the EU entirely.

Dirt McGuirk
Oct 21, 2010

brave

&

strong

colas posted:

:chaostrump: just :chaostrump: got :chaostrump: my :chaostrump: bucks

And my gf is getting the extra $600 thru unemployment thank you sir :patriot:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

golden bubble posted:

That's ridiculous. Did you see how the EU treated migrants and refugees these last five years? Are you seeing how the EU is currently treating Italy and Spain, or what France was doing to PPE shipments? It's much more likely that European governments go full FYGM on a national level and end the EU entirely.

I mean when we have to quarantine the us or turkey or whatever. Refugees don't usually have a lot of weight to throw around.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Every time I flip through headlines, I see Bill Gates. Why is billionaire and known computer-toucher, Bill Gates a Coronavirus expert?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sir Not Appearing posted:

Every time I flip through headlines, I see Bill Gates. Why is billionaire and known computer-toucher, Bill Gates a Coronavirus expert?

In a shocking new development unseen previously in history, it turns out that when you exert a ton of financial, popular, and therefor political influence on things, people will ask for your input.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

In a shocking new development unseen previously in history, it turns out that when you exert a ton of financial, popular, and therefor political influence on things, people will ask for your input.

Not to mention being a genius who has the time to read, speak, and learn from the most knowledgeable people on the planet.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Sir Not Appearing posted:

He ran a big simulation on a coronavirus pandemic with a bunch of very smart people very recently.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 23, 2021

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Gates has been putting his wealth to work toward public health for like 20 years at this point, and has relatively reasonable credibility (although not absolute) in the space. He's in particular been harping on about the danger of the next pandemic approximately this scope and scale for a while.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Guy who invented windows knows a thing or two about viruses.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
This is from the Newspaper in Sioux Falls, SD. The article did not age well

My feed is full of people I know there that are convinced this is still nothing to be worried about, refuse to participate in any "Marshall Law" actions and are currently trying to figure out how to own the Libs over this. Doesn't help that the Governor is just repeating all of our Dear Leader's talking points.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/FOXSoccer/status/1250149763548188672
https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1249784419990282240

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The future is very dumb and weird

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

unpacked robinhood posted:

Refugees don't usually have a lot of weight to throw around.

Yeah, they’re usually malnourished.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I wonder if we're going to see a lot more bugs and stuff outside in the coming years.

We must work together to prevent nature from reclaiming what is ours. Gonna break quarantine to kick weeds, punch some butterflies and maybe bully a frog. Who's with me?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

dudeness posted:

Guy who invented windows knows a thing or two about viruses.
blessed post

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I wonder if we're going to see a lot more bugs and stuff outside in the coming years.

We must work together to prevent nature from reclaiming what is ours. Gonna break quarantine to kick weeds, punch some butterflies and maybe bully a frog. Who's with me?

So it's been raining a heck a of a lot lately in SoCal, and I think between that and the people indoors/industry down the wildlife is up a bit. I was walking through a trail I usually go to except last time all of a sudden in "the low, wet area" there were a poo poo load of frogs or toads or something. I could hear em croaking and through the reeds. It was like someone just opened a soundboard and hit "swamp ambiance".

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

It has to just be confirmation bias and the fact that I only work 2 days a week now, but I swear I see more birds and deer in my backyard since this started. I live on the edges of a small city.

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

big cummers ONLY posted:

It has to just be confirmation bias and the fact that I only work 2 days a week now, but I swear I see more birds and deer in my backyard since this started. I live on the edges of a small city.

I was thinking this too, but maybe I just hear more birds at home? It's also warming up so maybe it's just coincidence.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

sincx posted:

That's called defaulting on your bonds and is really bad because you'd never be able to sell bonds again with the same creditworthiness. It would also allow China to try to seize foreign governmental assets.

Neat. Thanks.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I never stopped punching butterflies.

If I had frogs around I'd bully them just for you though.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Facebook Aunt posted:

And booster shots are a thing. My mom would rather get a shot every year than get the 'roni. Twice a year, however often it needs to be. She's had pneumonia before and it's one of her least favorite things. A vaccine doesn't have to protect forever to be useful.

poo poo, just roll it in with the annual flu shot.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Chomp8645 posted:

So it's been raining a heck a of a lot lately in SoCal, and I think between that and the people indoors/industry down the wildlife is up a bit. I was walking through a trail I usually go to except last time all of a sudden in "the low, wet area" there were a poo poo load of frogs or toads or something. I could hear em croaking and through the reeds. It was like someone just opened a soundboard and hit "swamp ambiance".

Also, you know, its Spring, the time of year when nature starts doing those things

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

big cummers ONLY posted:

i live in smoggy old LA and the sky has been much more clear the past couple weeks and it does feel like there are lot more birds, though also the weather is changing right now. and also since there is less traffic the birds are just more audible

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Glumslinger posted:

Also, you know, its Spring, the time of year when nature starts doing those things

Nature? What is this nature you speak of?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

sincx posted:

That's called defaulting on your bonds and is really bad because you'd never be able to sell bonds again with the same creditworthiness. It would also allow China to try to seize foreign governmental assets.

Credit worthiness in relation to whom? All the other bankrupt nations?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Earwicker posted:

i live in smoggy old LA and the sky has been much more clear the past couple weeks and it does feel like there are lot more birds, though also the weather is changing right now. and also since there is less traffic the birds are just more audible

Because someone had the bright idea to prop all the interior doors open in my building, there was a bird in my office this morning.

It flew over my cubicle wall and the only thing I could really say was "that was unexpected"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Flyinglemur posted:

This is from the Newspaper in Sioux Falls, SD. The article did not age well

My feed is full of people I know there that are convinced this is still nothing to be worried about, refuse to participate in any "Marshall Law" actions and are currently trying to figure out how to own the Libs over this. Doesn't help that the Governor is just repeating all of our Dear Leader's talking points.

At least 38 people working at a meat packing plant near here tested positive with the virus, and they refuse to shut down. I think they reduced their scheduling to only have one shift a day now instead of two. It's causing some controversy because it's really highlighting how we're sacrificing food workers for our needs.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Because someone had the bright idea to prop all the interior doors open in my building, there was a bird in my office this morning.

It flew over my cubicle wall and the only thing I could really say was "that was unexpected"

what did the bird do

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

a few years back there was some conspiracy theory involving the government or national guard doing something with a bunch of ice cream trucks, it was a pretty wacky theory but it got widespread enough that a handful of fringier gop politicians talked it up - i think maybe it was a texas thing? operation helm or something? anyway i keep thinking that crowd must be having a time right now

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hell yeah, I can’t wait to watch live sports that look like they have early ps2 backgrounds.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Got my Trump dollars this morning, moments before my company announced massive furloughs. I still have my job, but my manager and several others at his level are gone. Supposed to be a meeting sometime later to explain how we're moving forward for the time being.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Iron Crowned posted:

I've got one nesting in the eve over the front door to my work.

It did the same thing when I went in this morning. Little dude flew around the place for an hour before it finally went out one of the many doors I had to open for it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Big Beef City posted:

what did the bird do

It flew over my cubicle wall, perched on a different one, realized that office life is soul crushing and flew down the hallway back into the shop

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

food court bailiff posted:

He ran a big simulation on a coronavirus pandemic with a bunch of very smart people very recently.

Oh. I hadn't seen that. That makes more sense than just hey this computer guy is really smart let's ask him about a pandemic.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Hobo Clown posted:

Got my Trump dollars this morning, moments before my company announced massive furloughs. I still have my job, but my manager and several others at his level are gone. Supposed to be a meeting sometime later to explain how we're moving forward for the time being.

Use your Trumpbux to hire your old manager and then you'll be the boss!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
operation jade helm

it was cuz obamas black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Everyone suddenly hates Obama again because he's back