Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Grayly Squirrel posted:

Its also a Dunning-Kruger flex that goes something like "Liberals say smoking is bad, but me with my smart brain won't get cancer because you don't inhale cigars. Duh. Haha dumb liberals think they are so smart."

Yeah, i also forgot to mention the rear end in a top hat factor. Cigar smoking around others is an rear end in a top hat thing because cigars stink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

SocketWrench posted:

That was more about the color of the protestors. You'll notice there's not a whole lot of color in the crowds this time.

Obviously.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Positions that daddy got him, as I have already shown.

By this reasoning Ivanka and Jared are qualified for whatever since daddy has gotten them big important jobs before. Of course you don't hold them to the same standards, the problem is there are voters we need who aren't kneejerk partisans like you.

I've already pointed out twice that the VP can't overrule a dozen EU governments and international organizations that wanted the same thing, it's not great for your position that you can't deal with this very obvious problem in your argument.

That business insider article establishes no such thing and for what value it does have its in showing exactly the opposite of what you claim it does. You're working from a bullshit unfalsifiable premise that it's corrupt because he has no qualifications and evidence of his qualifications is just more evidence of corruption because he must be corrupt to have gotten those qualifications because he has no qualifications. It's bullshit conspiracy theorist "absence of evidence is evidence of the conspiracy" argumentation

I don't care how many times you make bullshit excuses for why Biden acting exactly the opposite of how you'd expect a bought person to act isn't evidence of not being bought; they were bullshit the first time and they continue to be bullshit if you can't point to other behavior that actually supports your allegation.

Right now your allegation seems to be Joe Biden is corrupt because he did.... what exactly?

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
I was curious and apparently dead people did get the 2008 stimulus, and it legally went to their estate.

https://www.kirksvilledailyexpress.com/x822800949/Bibo-Lifes-new-certainties-are-death-and-stimulus-checks

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/business/deceased-people-receive-stimulus-checks/article_c8b2e696-bcd1-56bf-9f72-af25726fbf9c.html

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article8991797.html

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Question - how would a general, slow reopening of the U.S. even work without risking an explosion in cases?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Willo567 posted:

Question - how would a general, slow reopening of the U.S. even work without risking an explosion in cases?

It won't.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Srice posted:

There's a poo poo ton of misinformation going around in Michigan both through a game of telephone and of course, stuff being spread maliciously.

One of the things conservatives are complaining about in Michigan is not being able to buy seeds for gardening. Which is easily proven false but they don't care about the truth. They're also saying that mowing your lawn is illegal now, when it's not.

Ultimately they're all just mad that their idiot king is being hurt politically by all this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Well the first step is you don’t loving start as early as May.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Willo567 posted:

There is no way to allow human contact to become more frequent without cases increasing. The practical goal is to build up the health care and testing infrastructure to the point that these cases can be caught and isolated quickly before the spike turns into a second pandemic. The only thing that would really change this is the widespread availability of a vaccine or reliable treatment.

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

I hope today teaches people to hate Michigan more; it's well deserved loathing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Flapjack Monty posted:

I hope today teaches people to hate Michigan more; it's well deserved loathing.

The vast majority of the state supports the Governor.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1250491122071285767

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jarmak posted:

That business insider article establishes no such thing and for what value it does have its in showing exactly the opposite of what you claim it does. You're working from a bullshit unfalsifiable premise that it's corrupt because he has no qualifications and evidence of his qualifications is just more evidence of corruption because he must be corrupt to have gotten those qualifications because he has no qualifications. It's bullshit conspiracy theorist "absence of evidence is evidence of the conspiracy" argumentation

I don't care how many times you make bullshit excuses for why Biden acting exactly the opposite of how you'd expect a bought person to act isn't evidence of not being bought; they were bullshit the first time and they continue to be bullshit if you can't point to other behavior that actually supports your allegation.

Right now your allegation seems to be Joe Biden is corrupt because he did.... what exactly?

Your only argument is "nuh uh". That article goes into detail about how every job Hunter Biden had was due to his daddy being a senator.

Most people, if they aren't deep in the tank for Trump, don't look at Ivanka Trump's glistening resume of big important jobs and say "wow isn't it amazing Donald has such a meritorious overachiever for a daughter?"

You're proving that if you're deep enough in the tank for Democrats, you'll pull the mirror image of that for the Democrat. Which is fine, whatever. But Democrats need people who aren't in the tank for them to vote for them anyway, which is why corruption and nepotism are a problem, politically (if not ethically, and practically, if you care about such things)

You look at $80k/month in free money to the failson of a politician with the good letter by his name and say "gee isn't that great that Burisima is so charitable as to keep a needy child well-supplied with coke and hookers", most people don't deliberately turn off their brains tho.

What are you trying to achieve here. You aren't going to convince anyone with this sophistry who doesn't already want to believe that free money from corporations to powerful families is just good-hearted charity, does typing it out make you feel better?

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 15, 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Are we arguing about whether Biden is actually corrupt or about whether Biden’s actions and his son’s employment history give the appearance of corruption?

Proving the former is impossible given what little we know and the latter seems indisputable.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Lord Hydronium posted:

Ah yes, the famous Confederate heritage of Michigan.

God I hate these people so much. 90,000 men from Michigan, nearly one out of every four men living in the entire state in 1860, fought for the Union Army, and over fourteen thousand of them died. Men (And some women!) from Michigan fought and died both to preserve the union and to destroy slavery. Every single person in this state who flies the traitor flag (And there are far, far too many of them) are spitting on their own heritage and bring immense shame to their state and their country.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Willo567 posted:

you test everyone every 14 days and quarantine and contact trace

of course we currently have some sub-1% amount of that testing capability

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so all the money is gone now and probably no more coming because lol chuds?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The Kingfish posted:

Are we arguing about whether Biden is actually corrupt or about whether Biden’s actions and his son’s employment history give the appearance of corruption?

Proving the former is impossible given what little we know and the latter seems indisputable.

The latter, which is what matters for an election.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Acebuckeye13 posted:

God I hate these people so much. 90,000 men from Michigan, nearly one out of every four men living in the entire state in 1860, fought for the Union Army, and over fourteen thousand of them died. Men (And some women!) from Michigan fought and died both to preserve the union and to destroy slavery. Every single person in this state who flies the traitor flag (And there are far, far too many of them) are spitting on their own heritage and bring immense shame to their state and their country.

This is what pisses me off so much about their neo co federated poo poo. This state was pro-union as gently caress and bled for the union. Many people's ancestors in this state died for the union. Just spit on their grave you white trash piece of poo poo racist fucks

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 15, 2020

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Framboise posted:

I mean, nothing's really changed in my life or income since last year (and I owe roughly the same as I did last year)-- and I make far less than $75k a year. I received a State refund last year and that came through DD, and I'm looking at my 2018 return and my DD info is on there, and yet...

I don't have a tax accountant. Not quite sure what to do here.

There is a US income tax megathread at the top of the Business,Finance,Career subforum. Maybe post your question there and see what they say. (The OP of that thread has been our tax guy for 10 years)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
please shut the gently caress up about hunter biden

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

If that car had one less American flag, I wouldn't be able to tell they like America.

Raphiki
May 25, 2005

Political Gladiator

Djarum posted:

Easy for a guy with 50 million in his bank account and the twelfth richest member of Congress to say.

Support his opponent.

https://twitter.com/DLiamDorris/status/1222528501447909381?s=20

Goons should support goons running for congress. I really like the Dorris platform; putting people first should be a no-brainer.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1250499831132573699

more stupid platatudes.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

The Kingfish posted:

The large network of makework jobs reserved for unqualified rich failsons designed to give management inroads to their powerful families is itself a form of corruption, even if there’ll no tit for tat in a contract somewhere.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

But were they perfect calls?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

reportedly the reason they're calling everyone they can think of is so when it fails, they can blame other people

naturally this white house leaked that fact immediately

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

evilweasel posted:

reportedly the reason they're calling everyone they can think of is so when it fails, they can blame other people

naturally this white house leaked that fact immediately

Vince drat sure won't let Donald take him to the mat on this one

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Your only argument is "nuh uh". That article goes into detail about how every job Hunter Biden had was due to his daddy being a senator.

Most people, if they aren't deep in the tank for Trump, don't look at Ivanka Trump's glistening resume of big important jobs and say "wow isn't it amazing Donald has such a meritorious overachiever for a daughter?"

You're proving that if you're deep enough in the tank for Democrats, you'll pull the mirror image of that for the Democrat. Which is fine, whatever. But Democrats need people who aren't in the tank for them to vote for them anyway, which is why corruption and nepotism are a problem, politically (if not ethically, and practically, if you care about such things)

You look at $80k/month in free money to the failson of a politician with the good letter by his name and say "gee isn't that great that Burisima is so charitable as to keep a needy child well-supplied with coke and hookers", most people don't deliberately turn off their brains tho.

What are you trying to achieve here. You aren't going to convince anyone with this sophistry who doesn't already want to believe that free money from corporations to powerful families is just good-hearted charity, does typing it out make you feel better?

Yeah, "nuh uh" is good enough when you're lying about what the article says. Literally the only thing close to that is mention that him getting a job at MBNA out of law school was suspicious because of their donation to Joe's campaign. What it does mention is he founded three successful companies.

Kushner: literally never had a successful business venture in his whole life, has spent his entire career working at his Daddy's company until he started working for his wife's daddy's administration getting people killed.
Ivanka: failed hard at real estate and then spent the rest of her life working at her daddy's company until she started working at her daddy's administration getting people killed.
Hunter: Worked for a major bank for 5 years rising to the level of senior VP, Worked in the Clinton administration which his dad was not part of, founded 3 companies all of which were successful, was appointed to an unpaid board seat for AMTRAK by the Bush administration, was offered seats on several other company's boards.

That is no way a mirror image, not even if you put an asterisk on the MBNA job and claim his daddy made some phone calls to help him get his first job out of college. Like for one, 2 those people have only worked for their parents and the third person has never worked for his parent?

edit:

Bottom Liner posted:

please shut the gently caress up about hunter biden

Okay, I'm done

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 15, 2020

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/futurecanon/status/1250502000640512000

All of these idiots are going to get the virus and die in 2 weeks

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

im the old man scratching his rear end in the reflection

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

please shut the gently caress up about Biden

Ftfy

But anyway, how many people think Trump focused on MI for this poo poo because Whitmer? The Trump campaign definitely helped organize this "grass roots protest"

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

FlamingLiberal posted:

If only we should be so lucky.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

FlamingLiberal posted:

Someone should turn this into the conservative version of 'strawman liberal crazy screaming woman'

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Willo567 posted:

The only sane way would be to:

1) Leave local shelter orders in place until there have been no new cases for two weeks

2) Lift shelter-in-place restrictions locally, maintain social distancing and keep large gatherings (movie theaters, sports, etc) shut down

3) Maintain travel restrictions, test all travelers, and aggressive trace-and-quarantine any new cases and contacts

4) Guarantee monetary assistance and delivery of necessities to quarantined individuals and families. Ban employers from firing quarantined individuals (but potentially cover salary with public funds as incentive). The key here is that people with symptoms need to feel safe getting tested and quarantined.

Sadly, we're unlikely to come close to having a system that would actually work.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jarmak posted:

Yeah, "nuh uh" is good enough when you're lying about what the article says. Literally the only thing close to that is mention that him getting a job at MBNA out of law school was suspicious because of their donation to Joe's campaign. What it does mention is he founded three successful companies.

quote:

In 1998, he reached out to William Oldaker, a Washington, DC-based lawyer who had worked on Joe Biden's 1987 presidential campaign about getting a job in President Bill Clinton's administration, according to The New Yorker.

Oldaker connected Hunter Biden with Commerce Secretary William Daley, who had worked with Joe Biden and bonded with Hunter over being from political families, according to The New Yorker.

Hunter Biden was then appointed to the department by President Bill Clinton and served from 1998 to 2001 as a director in the Department of Commerce focusing on e-commerce-policy issues.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence

Jarmak posted:

Kushner: literally never had a successful business venture in his whole life, has spent his entire career working at his Daddy's company until he started working for his wife's daddy's administration getting people killed.
Ivanka: failed hard at real estate and then spent the rest of her life working at her daddy's company until she started working at her daddy's administration getting people killed.
To take a page from your "argument": You can't prove that's not all just a coincidence too.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

FlamingLiberal posted:

You can’t fool me. That’s a scene from Shaun of the Dead.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FlamingLiberal posted:

I had to zoom in real tight to make sure this wasn't a McNaughton painting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I want to see a venn diagram of people hollering about not giving up liberty for security right now, and people who viciously defended the Patriot Act.