Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Oh good. He's sparking up recess appointments. Let's see the hypocrisy start bubbling up on the right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Is trumps hair grayer than usual?

Yeah, I dunno if it’s the lighting or maybe he forgot to dye it.

Is he honestly threatening to adjourn congress? Can he do that? This is amazing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Yeah, I dunno if it’s the lighting or maybe he forgot to dye it.

Is he honestly threatening to adjourn congress? Can he do that? This is amazing.

lol no he can’t do that what the gently caress does that even mean

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

why do i watch these press briefings. They cause such a visceral response of rage within me. The sad thing is that so many chuds actually believe this poo poo.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
$1,200 is easily a mortgage for some families - if your partner then gets another $1,200, that can possibly cover other bills but if you live anywhere near a major suburban area, that combined amount is a joke. And this is all assuming it’s a one-time thing and if businesses aren’t opening up anytime soon, welp!

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I believe it may, may? be technically possible?

https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/1250545757494575106

I am definitely not a constitutional scholar though. :v:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Omg he’s trying to claim credit for food production. This is brilliant satire.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

We miss sports! We gotta get them back! SPORTS!!!!!!!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/HowardMortman/status/1250545697721667585

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My understanding is that its technically, theoretically possible for Trump to adjourn Congress but it would be a constitutional crisis and its almost certainly not gonna happen and its just Trump screaming "I am king" nonsense like usual.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

ManBoyChef posted:

why do i watch these press briefings. They cause such a visceral response of rage within me. The sad thing is that so many chuds actually believe this poo poo.

I'm back in today too. I'm not proud of myself.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
not the US, but what the gently caress!

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1250485340533665794

jesus christ what the gently caress is merkel doing?????

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
The Washington Post has now published an opinion piece by a Republican group endorsing Biden for president.

quote:

It is our hope that when the next president takes the oath of office in January, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. will be the president for a truly united America. The stakes are too high to do anything less.

Actually, multiple opinion pieces by Republicans endorsing Biden.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 15, 2020

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

“In case of democracy, pull lever.”

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow that's like 12 bananas a week.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Uncle Wemus posted:

Remember when people said trump would run the country like a business and that would be a good thing lmao
Snyder said the same about Michigan.

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/futurecanon/status/1250502000640512000

All of these idiots are going to get the virus and die in 2 weeks
Not the zombies people expected to see clawing and wailing at your door

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Definitely the alternate universe where the NFL just allowed Donald to buy the Buffalo Bills is a much better universe.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Cpt_Obvious posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...accine.amp.html

Again, 72% polled said no way to attending sporting events before there's a vaccine. They even tried to soften it with alternate options, like how about if you just sit further apart? Only 12% bought that one. :lol:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Donald looming over the aids lady like confused Frankenstein monster.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

STAC Goat posted:

My understanding is that its technically, theoretically possible for Trump to adjourn Congress but it would be a constitutional crisis and its almost certainly not gonna happen and its just Trump screaming "I am king" nonsense like usual.

I'm not a lawyer but the Constitution text posted above doesn't sound like this is a unilateral power, Congress has to be stuck in a particular sort of deadlock which he has the power to specifically defuse.

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Donald looming over the aids lady like confused Frankenstein monster.

I can't stand it. He looks like literally how my 2 year old stands when he's got a full diaper.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Flapjack Monty posted:

I hope today teaches people to hate Michigan more; it's well deserved loathing.

Hey, we aren't all bad, some of us are just less good. No, the overwhelming population backs Whitmer, these are just your general dumbfuck morons that live everywhere that are mostly just railing on the governor because her name has a D next to it. It's no coincidence how many of these dumpster fires of humanity were waving trump poo poo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Maybe Trump heard something about how the Queen technically still has the power to dissolve Parliament and got confused.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Who is this ancient, hoarse turd? Not trump, the other one.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Assembled in Texas with parts made in Mexico. Goddamn people bought the American made line

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

NecroBob posted:

I want to know why this man appears to have a boat motor strapped to the back of his pickup.

Out of that entire mess of goofy poo poo, this is the only picture that is confusing me.

I think the boat is next to the truck. I think it's an optical illusion.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Who is this ancient, hoarse turd? Not trump, the other one.

Sonny Perdue, Sec of Ag.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oh gently caress, “We have plenty of food” is not what I want to hear.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

A big flaming stink posted:

I don't know, this seems to me to be a really reasonable method for phasing out a strict lockdown. What do people expect to keep every thing closed through June? I don't think any country can tolerate that hit to the economy.

Some part of how well this will work will depend on how good your country, state, ect is at day to day social distancing.

I live in the north east and I'm astounded at how good people seem to be adopting common sense social distancing in every day life.

I think the toughest reopening nut to crack will be schools, but remember schooling is also there as a form of built in day care for society, so we really cant open up work without having some place to put kids.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Oh gently caress, “We have plenty of food” is not what I want to hear.
narrator: but they didn't

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Why would he even need to make recess appointments right now, he has the Senate already

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

GarudaPrime posted:

I don't know, this seems to me to be a really reasonable method for phasing out a strict lockdown. What do people expect to keep every thing closed through June? I don't think any country can tolerate that hit to the economy.

Some part of how well this will work will depend on how good your country, state, ect is at day to day social distancing.

I live in the north east and I'm astounded at how good people seem to be adopting common sense social distancing in every day life.

I think the toughest reopening nut to crack will be schools, but remember schooling is also there as a form of built in day care for society, so we really cant open up work without having some place to put kids.

The most optimistic model for the pandemic assume that everyone adheres to a lockdown until June. If things open in May this gets much worse fast. Simple as that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Why would he even need to make recess appointments right now, he has the Senate already

Senate isn’t in session until May 4th

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Umm, similar things to many European countries that aren't an utter shitstorm?

E: Its specificly limited to classes graduating this year, so they don't need to cancel finals, and smaller stores with enforced social distancing. Active cases in the town where I live have been steady / declining for the last 3 weeks, so reasonably to do that slowly.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

They just opened the elementary schools and daycares here in Denmark. We were early to lock down, so we've been doing somewhat well, and the number of daily hospital admissions has been decreasing for the last 10 days.

The thinking is that we can't stay locked down for two years waiting for a vaccine, so we should purposefully try to maintain a steady stream of infections that the hospitals can handle. When hospital admission rates drop, they will slowly open up more things, and the admission rate will go up again for a while, but then it will eventually go down, and then they'll open up a few more things.

They're starting with the kids because they are least affected, and nothing else can open when child care is still a concern.

This strategy is not without controversy, to say the least, and is banking hard on recovered people having immunity for at least a few years.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Just remembered that Kamala thought $250 was a good amount to send out to people.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Acebuckeye13 posted:

God I hate these people so much. 90,000 men from Michigan, nearly one out of every four men living in the entire state in 1860, fought for the Union Army, and over fourteen thousand of them died. Men (And some women!) from Michigan fought and died both to preserve the union and to destroy slavery. Every single person in this state who flies the traitor flag (And there are far, far too many of them) are spitting on their own heritage and bring immense shame to their state and their country.

The 24th Michigan joined the Iron Brigade late, but fought so hard the rest of the brigade accepted them. They went to Gettysburg 496 strong, suffered 393 wounded beating back the rebels on the first day, lost five color bearers and their whole color guard. They were the regiment chosen to guard Lincoln's funeral and burial.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Senate isn’t in session until May 4th
I'm sure Trump could get Mitch to come back if he really wanted them to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/futurecanon/status/1250502000640512000

All of these idiots are going to get the virus and die in 2 weeks

This looks like the first season of the Walking Dead where Rick is trapped in the store