Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
trump is not handling this well imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Where's the rat?? I want video of the rat!

RAT

RAT

RAT

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

shovelbum posted:

There's no immunity so either it's lockdown until vaccine or we lose 20% untreated CFR of the population per year until there's no one left

I was under the impression that there very much is immunity. Where have you heard otherwise?

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
https://twitter.com/hofrench/status/1250557459544096771

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Basic Poster posted:

What happened in Washington?

idaho may open early and i work somewhere where its super easy to get sick with the roni

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

sexpig by night posted:

that's literally the only solution, yes

2-3 year lockdown, might as well let everyone die at that point. That's not really sustainable from a "preserving sanity" perspective, even less than rolling the dice with the 'roni.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

NecroMonster posted:

I was under the impression that there very much is immunity. Where have you heard otherwise?

It's a coronavirus dude

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
i wonder how many of you might be interested in my job, which i got so i could wfh in a foreign land and not starve

never really had to check my W9 privilege before

you guys ever wonder about the cloud

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

NecroMonster posted:

With the now assumed higher R0 it's not possible without like 80% of the population getting infected

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

evergreen post

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Lol, just lol

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Schnorkles posted:

Who?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

ah but what if numbers are fake???

But.. but the Dow..?!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
holy poo poo the chuds on the news shutting down hospitals in Michigan and Ohio because they dont know how to stay loving home

how are they all not all facing manslaughter charges at this point

They're going to have to use the National Guard to put all these idiots down aren't they?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
We have to lockdown until vaccine even if it's twenty years or we'll lose 20% of everyone per immunity cycle so three months to a year forever

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I think the problem that Trump is slowly coming to grips with is that this is not going to just go away

and his tiny little brain can't handle it

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
dynamic code-based provisioning systems coming online and fading away in a beautiful cosmic ballet of cybercode and the really bad swears

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
all you IDIOT FUCKS are not TALKING ENOUGH about THE RAT!!

where is THE RAT?!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

nikosoft posted:

all you IDIOT FUCKS are not TALKING ENOUGH about THE RAT!!

where is THE RAT?!

Please do not talk about snoo in this manner

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

I think the problem that Trump is slowly coming to grips with is that this is not going to just go away

Sure you do. You just get a senate majority led my Mitch to vote it away. Bing bang boom.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Zotix posted:

Sure you do. You just get a senate majority led my Mitch to vote it away. Bing bang boom.

"Our HEROIC republican senators have voted to CRIMINALIZE Covid-19!!!"

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
:allears:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Philthy posted:

holy poo poo the chuds on the news shutting down hospitals in Michigan and Ohio because they dont know how to stay loving home

how are they all not all facing manslaughter charges at this point

They're going to have to use the National Guard to put all these idiots down aren't they?

the GOP is coordinating and organizing them pretty openly, so lmao

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
have we defeated the invisible enemy?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Schnorkles posted:

ahahaha people will be saying this a month from now, and six months from now

"I think he's beginning to realize that reality is real" lololol

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

shovelbum posted:

We have to lockdown until vaccine even if it's twenty years or we'll lose 20% of everyone per immunity cycle so three months to a year forever

Nah, we'll push that up to 50-60% temporarily when we get into an extended war with China.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Flesh Forge posted:

ahahaha people will be saying this a month from now, and six months from now

"I think he's beginning to realize that reality is real" lololol

it's a mental illness, right up there with "trump is going strasserite" and "trump has a plan"

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Admiral Ray posted:

no i wont stop posting if thats what youre asking

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Philthy posted:

not if they keep at it for 2 more weeks

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

West Coast Pact seems pretty good right about now.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

shovelbum posted:

It's a coronavirus dude

As far as I've seen there's no evidence one way or the other yet, posting this like it makes a lack of immunity after infection self evident is puzzling.

shovelbum posted:

Oh that's right you're a crazy person who lives in another reality. Maybe take a day or two break from reading this thread all day.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

shovelbum posted:

20% death rate is preferrable to 10 years of imprisonment, hth

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Bip Roberts posted:

r0 of 0.5 still means a ton of new cases if you have a place like NYC where 2% of the people are actively infected. It's a multiplier on top of the # of total cases.

it does not mean the number of new cases per day increases though. anything below an r0 of 1 should be decreasing cases each day.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

seattle plague rat posted:

i wonder how many of you might be interested in my job, which i got so i could wfh in a foreign land and not starve

never really had to check my W9 privilege before

you guys ever wonder about the cloud

are you trying to turn your job into a timeshare situation? is it finally time to start the c-spam virtual commune??

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

anyways its 6 pm central and the US has +2,396 deaths, vs +2,407 all day yesterday

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Shut Down America or Shut Down Your Organs

*50 year old white people from the middle of the US slam their fat greasy hands on the Death Button*

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Admiral Ray posted:

yes, hot dog stands are opening Friday

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

anyways its 6 pm central and the US has +2,396 deaths, vs +2,407 yesterday

we did it

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
if they ever make Trump’s final resting place public Im going to make sure it smells like pee forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

anyways its 6 pm central and the US has +2,396 deaths, vs +2,407 all day yesterday

Peak is going to be somewhere in the range of 10-15k deaths a day. I almost automatically typed a "lmao" there.