Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Trump has gotten away with a lot of bullshit that is far beyond the powers of the president but :lol: if you think he's going to force Mitch to do anything he doesn't want to. Mitch still runs Washington and no one, not even Trump, will make congress do poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So this has nothing to do with the return date in May it’s something even more set in stone.

Basically there are a ton of hurdles in place for Trump to go through with this brain fart of an idea.

Gee so Prez Dum Dum don't know poo poo as usual then. Quelle surprise.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Ffs McConnel didn’t listen to piss baby Trump demanding that he kill the Fillibuster for 2 whole years before Dems retook the House. The GOP could have pushed through anything if they had simply done that but they never did. You think he’s gonna somehow want to try and convince 49 of his colleagues to go a hundred steps further than that in the extreme department as Trump stands at the precipice of being a complete meltdown failure?

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 16, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pleads posted:

His loving 2020 slogan is gonna be Keep America Great, and he's 6 months out from an election calling the US a developing nation.

Ugh it hurts my brain.

its because he probably takes the term literally or some galaxy brain idiot poo poo.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Pleads posted:

His loving 2020 slogan is gonna be Keep America Great, and he's 6 months out from an election calling the US a developing nation.

Ugh it hurts my brain.

Something something developing beyond greatness.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1250526348080275462

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

loving gross

https://twitter.com/Kallindril/status/1250564336936013824

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Virginia just made it easier for localities to bulldoze Confederate statues, so maybe the new request will be to host a live burning.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

We uh infected some folks

drat straight and we’ll never give it back

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
I wonder how Trump will deny responsibility when there's a surge of infections/deaths later in May following his "reopening" of some states

j/k he'll blame the governors

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

edit: This post was terrible

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 16, 2020

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

This seems disingenuous at best. Any time I see a clip of just part of an article, I get suspicious. And in context, it looks a bit different:

The actual article posted:

Ultimately, they planned out the choreography that's beginning to unfold. But as one source put it, “the dates kept slipping” — in part because Sanders, a member of Democratic leadership in the Senate, was dealing with the congressional response to the coronavirus pandemic.

The sides agreed that Tuesday's Wisconsin primary was an important benchmark — as a Sanders advisor put it, they have been trying to land the plane for some time, but “Wisconsin gave us a natural exit ramp.”

Though Wisconsin’s results would take days to come in, the Sanders team nonetheless knew the trajectory of the race was not changing no matter what the outcome. But he would stay in the race in part to help continue driving Democratic turnout for a state Supreme Court election that was a priority for local Democrats.

Biden’s campaign also made clear that they were eager for that specific date to hold firm, and they were prepared, if it did not, to shift their public rhetoric ever so slightly to turn the heat up for Sanders to take steps to begin uniting the party.

Obama especially emphasized that in his conversations with Sanders, another source involved with the process told NBC. But Obama, and Biden as he has said publicly, never once themselves told Sanders to drop out.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/me...9426#blogHeader

Sounds more like the specific date they were talking about was the date for Bernie to drop out. It's a bit of a walk from there to 'they wanted to kill off all of their voters'

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

BobTheJanitor posted:

This seems disingenuous at best. Any time I see a clip of just part of an article, I get suspicious. And in context, it looks a bit different:

Sounds more like the specific date they were talking about was the date for Bernie to drop out. It's a bit of a walk from there to 'they wanted to kill off all of their voters'

Then the optics of their victory (e; already assured) was more important than the lives of their party base. Bernie didn't care enough either, had to get that SC pickup!

Car Hater fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 16, 2020

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I was about to say, that is one hell of a disingenuous edit.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Shameful. Just shameful.

Autocorrect! I blame autocorrect!

APPLE IS loving US AGAIN

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

yeah that is 100% a lie claiming that the article is saying obama and biden didn't want the date of the wisconsin primary moving. biden wanted the date when sanders got out to not move.

Car Hater posted:

Then the optics of their victory (e; already assured) was more important than the lives of their party base. Bernie didn't care enough either, had to get that SC pickup!

that SC pickup was actually incredibly important for trying to unfuck wisconsin and i appreciate bernie staying in to help win it. bernie (and biden) weren't the ones who opposed measures to hold the election safely.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Car Hater posted:

The article says nothing about the candidate's views on when/whether the Wisconsin primary should be held, merely that they held it as a point that Sanders could gracefully drop out. The clip that was posted is extremely disingenuous and another piece of evidence on the pile of "never trust anything you read off a screenshot from a social media platform"

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The article says nothing about the candidate's views on when/whether the Wisconsin primary should be held, merely that they held it as a point that Sanders could gracefully drop out. The clip that was posted is extremely disingenuous and another piece of evidence on the pile of "never trust anything you read off a screenshot from a social media platform"

Unless it confirms my prior opinions, right?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Paracaidas posted:

personally speaking that makes me trust it even less

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Paracaidas posted:

Of course.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

galenanorth posted:

https://twitter.com/ben_mishiev/status/1250252750329446402

If you're going to say "there's no way we could have known that for sure at the time", that's true, and this is just another case of the burden of proof being against authority or the establishment winning out.

don't loving lie about what's literally in the article

this is more directed at Ben than you

BobTheJanitor posted:

thank you for getting to this before i literally exploded while typing

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Bernie called for Wisconsin to postpone the primary. Joe Biden did not.

quote:

Biden, the Democratic front-runner, sparked controversy after saying he believed the primary could be held next Tuesday amid the pandemic, while adding it’s ultimately up to local officials.

"Well, the answer is I'd listen to the scientists. Having a convention, having tens of thousands of people in one arena is very different than having people walk into a polling booth with accurate spacing, 6 to 10 feet apart, one at a time going in and having machines scrubbed down," Biden said during a virtual press conference on Thursday.

"I think you can hold the election as well dealing with mail-in ballots and same day registration. I mean there's a lot of things that can be done. That's for the Wisconsin courts and folks to decide, but I think it's possible to do both...And I think it could be done based on what I've been hearing from the news and what I understand the governor and others are saying. But that's for them to decide," Biden added.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-trump-campaigns-called-wisconsin-postpone-primaries-amid/story?id=69964061

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This was my major problem. He also proceeded to walk it back on election night like he had never said anything of the sort.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

That we know, but the guy posting that clip was framing it like Biden and Obama were actively pushing for the primary to happen when it did, when that's not what the article says at all. It's disingenuous as gently caress. Especially since he very conveniently neglected to include the preceding paragraph noting Bernie was staying in to help drive turnout for the SC race (While also calling for the primary to be postponed, obviously)

e: like, you can criticize Biden for not calling for the primary to be postponed, that's absolutely fair, but you don't need to loving manufacture evidence to do so (while also dragging Obama into it)

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 16, 2020

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

That we know, but the guy posting that clip was framing it like Biden and Obama were actively pushing for the primary to happen when it did, when that's not what the article says at all. It's disingenuous as gently caress. Especially since he very conveniently neglected to include the preceding paragraph noting Bernie was staying in to help drive turnout for the SC race (While also calling for the primary to be postponed, obviously)

im of two minds on this. on the one hand the tweet is deffo misrepresenting the substance of the article, but on the other the article itself is absolutely gussying up the truth of the matter. like we have biden on video saying that in person voting should go forward.

so while the tweet is misrepresentative, its misrepresentative of an article that itself is playing fast and loose with the truth, so the tweet ends up being a truthful portrayal of the matter.

that's a bit of a complicated analysis, i will admit

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
biden can have little a coronavirus deaths, as a treat

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Roumba posted:

This is at least the second time he has done this. I wonder if anyone tried to explain to him what that term means, or if they even bothered to try.

Well, it's hard when you need to insert his name after every word like jingling keys in front of a baby.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

evilweasel posted:

yeah that is 100% a lie claiming that the article is saying obama and biden didn't want the date of the wisconsin primary moving. biden wanted the date when sanders got out to not move.

that SC pickup was actually incredibly important for trying to unfuck wisconsin and i appreciate bernie staying in to help win it. bernie (and biden) weren't the ones who opposed measures to hold the election safely.

republicans responsible, democrats irresponsible got it

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Jim Bakker: Credit Card Companies Won’t Work With Me Because of My Scams
friendlyatheist.patheos.com/April 15, 2020
"Life has gotten harder for televangelist Jim Bakker ever since he was threatened, then sued, over his promotion of “Silver Solution” that one of his guests claimed could kill coronavirus within 12 hours.

Bakker himself said the product was a “miracle” drug that cured practically everything.

But in a recent broadcast, Bakker said credit card companies had cut off his ministry, making it harder to collect donations. Add to that an inability to record new high-quality shows because of COVID-19 and he’s struggling.
'“We were doing so well,” Bakker lamented. “For the last few weeks, [the processing companies] have been taking the money and putting it in their own accounts. We have not received money. They think because somebody told a lie about us, so now they’re saying, ‘Well, the people might want their money back, so we’ve got to keep all your money.’ Please stand with us. If people come against us, then it’s going to be impossible for us to stay on the air.”'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scpqae3P7Dg

Lyrics:

https://genius.com/Led-zeppelin-in-my-time-of-dying-lyrics

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Otteration posted:

Jim Bakker: Credit Card Companies Won’t Work With Me Because of My Scams
friendlyatheist.patheos.com/April 15, 2020
"Life has gotten harder for televangelist Jim Bakker ever since he was threatened, then sued, over his promotion of “Silver Solution” that one of his guests claimed could kill coronavirus within 12 hours.

Bakker himself said the product was a “miracle” drug that cured practically everything.

But in a recent broadcast, Bakker said credit card companies had cut off his ministry, making it harder to collect donations. Add to that an inability to record new high-quality shows because of COVID-19 and he’s struggling.
'“We were doing so well,” Bakker lamented. “For the last few weeks, [the processing companies] have been taking the money and putting it in their own accounts. We have not received money. They think because somebody told a lie about us, so now they’re saying, ‘Well, the people might want their money back, so we’ve got to keep all your money.’ Please stand with us. If people come against us, then it’s going to be impossible for us to stay on the air.”'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scpqae3P7Dg

whats hosed is enough rubes/scared people will send money to this ghoul, plus i am sure this rear end in a top hat will find some way to get more money.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Guess those rebels shoulda just fought harder, huh?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Good.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

whats hosed is enough rubes/scared people will send money to this ghoul, plus i am sure this rear end in a top hat will find some way to get more money.

I mean this is the thing that Jim Bakker and his industrial buckets of ready mix survival corn meal have been planning for for literally decades now.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Do you believe his ilk is ascendant right now? Do you think it's bad that "rubes/scared people will send money to this ghoul"?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean this is the thing that Jim Bakker and his industrial buckets of ready mix survival corn meal have been planning for for literally decades now.

They should be on top of the world now. Sad. DO SOMETHING!

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Wow

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

mdemone posted:

Autocorrect! I blame autocorrect!

APPLE IS loving US AGAIN

I'll let it slide this time. Also, because you're still strapped into the Justin Fuente Experience.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

evilweasel posted:

He has had a shocking number of appointments denied for a president with a friendly senate, including his federal reserve appointments (republicans don’t actually want goldbug lunatics in charge of the fed, that is not at all good for business).

To say nothing of judges rated unqualified by the Bar Association, often because they've never prosecuted a trial and so on.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

:tinfoil: The DNC was so insistent on primary dates not moving because Bernie promised to drop on that specific day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

We can’t go on like this the beautiful economy is in ruins.