Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Yeah, I dunno if it’s the lighting or maybe he forgot to dye it.

Is he honestly threatening to adjourn congress? Can he do that? This is amazing.

Does this loving idiot think he's Boris Johnson now? :psyduck:

Can anyone give this moron just a basic handbook of just his basic role in the government he was elected to run?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
He doesn't give a poo poo he just talks and says whatever will make him feel better in that nanosecond.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Some good news:

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1250605545196793858

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
On that note, and for fun context:
https://twitter.com/JDScholten/status/1250611105883402241

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Framboise posted:

I haven't submitted my 2019 return yet because I owe and hell if I'm letting them have my money until absolutely necessary.

I did submit my 2018 return last year though. I have never not submitted electronically, and I have the documents to back it up.

I just can't help but feel like I'm getting screwed here.

Submit your return but don’t pay. The fees for late filing are way way more than the fees and interest on the late payment. You can get away with not paying for a few years and only have a bit of extra money to pay but those filing fees add up real quick.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Submit your return but don’t pay. The fees for late filing are way way more than the fees and interest on the late payment. You can get away with not paying for a few years and only have a bit of extra money to pay but those filing fees add up real quick.

I ended up filing and submitted the pay anyway today. Figured I may as well do it now while I get a bit of a state return to soften the blow than wait until July and have to pay the whole amount all at once.

The income tax thread I was redirected to told me that because I didn't get a federal refund for the past 2 years, however, they might not have my direct deposit info (even though I used my acct number and routing number to SEND the money to them to begin with), so I should probably expect a paper check instead.

:suicide:

Did anyone else owe federal for the past 2 years, not send any additional info to the IRS, and still get their direct deposit stimulus check?

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

We won that loving flag at Gettysburg and it is exactly where it belongs, in a museum at the Minnesota History Center.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fritz the Horse posted:

Trump wants to use recess appointments to force through his judicial nominanees who are universally young Federalist-approved conservative ideologues

Recess appointments are temporary though so if he doesn't get reelected the next President can fix it

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

VitalSigns posted:

Recess appointments are temporary though so if he doesn't get reelected the next President can fix it

Trump doesn't understand recess appointments, tariffs, or basically anything. Including aspects of basic everyday human life such as "dogs" and "shopping for groceries. Or "parenting your children."

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Framboise posted:

The income tax thread I was redirected to told me that because I didn't get a federal refund for the past 2 years, however, they might not have my direct deposit info (even though I used my acct number and routing number to SEND the money to them to begin with), so I should probably expect a paper check instead.

Did anyone else owe federal for the past 2 years, not send any additional info to the IRS, and still get their direct deposit stimulus check?

“irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center” posted:

The account information used to make an electronic payment to the IRS cannot be used as the account information for the direct deposit of your payment. If we do not have bank account information for you and your payment has not been processed yet, Get My Payment will allow you to submit your bank account information once you have properly verified your identity so that you can get your EIP via direct deposit. Otherwise, we will mail your payment to address we have on file for you.
Also if your eligibility is not determined, like ours is, then you don’t get the option to enter bank info.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Acebuckeye13 posted:

oh man, can't wait to dust this off

pre:
TURKEY TROTS TO WATER GG 
FROM CINCPAC ACTION COM THIRD FLEET INFO COMINCH CTF SEVENTY-SEVEN X 
WHERE IS RPT WHERE IS TASK FORCE THIRTY FOUR 
RR THE WORLD WONDERS

Late to the party here but I would legit take Bull Halsey over Donald J Trump at this particular juncture.

Also 10/10 reference!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Framboise posted:

I ended up filing and submitted the pay anyway today. Figured I may as well do it now while I get a bit of a state return to soften the blow than wait until July and have to pay the whole amount all at once.

I've owed the past 2 years and when I checked today they needed by banking info. I believe they don't see or retain your banking info when you pay them, but they see it when they pay you.

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

Framboise posted:

I owed the last 2 years and didn't get my dd check while pretty much everyone I work with who got money back last year or this year has already gotten theirs. I had to re-enter my deposit info on the IRS site since when I checked my eligibility it said they didn't have it. So, your mileage may vary, but it's looking to be that way.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Uhhhh why are people so pissed off at Bill Gates? My friend directed me to his Instagram account and its all insane comments threatening to kill him over something...

I can't quite figure it out, some population control NWO vaccine theory?

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Popete posted:

Uhhhh why are people so pissed off at Bill Gates? My friend directed me to his Instagram account and its all insane comments threatening to kill him over something...

Antivaxxers with quarantine anxiety cranked to 11

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Bill Gates Did Coronavirus has emerged from the crazed national id. I don't know either.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
He stood up for the WHO

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/15/who-bill-gates-coronavirus-trump/

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ffs McConnel didn’t listen to piss baby Trump demanding that he kill the Fillibuster for 2 whole years before Dems retook the House. The GOP could have pushed through anything if they had simply done that but they never did. You think he’s gonna somehow want to try and convince 49 of his colleagues to go a hundred steps further than that in the extreme department as Trump stands at the precipice of being a complete meltdown failure?
As well the idea that McConnell would do such a cockamamie scheme just for Trump to get some appointments through is ludicrous because if McConnell wanted the appointments to get through the Senate he would just get them through the normal way.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Popete posted:

1) He is the billionaire geek boy, long before anyone knew about Bezos

2) Despite being an evil corporatist he constantly advocates for pinko poo poo like clean water and a state income tax

3) Coronavirus has driven everyone insane

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Fritz the Horse posted:

Trump doesn't understand recess appointments, tariffs, or basically anything. Including aspects of basic everyday human life such as "dogs" and "shopping for groceries. Or "parenting your children."

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/QuarrelsomeCourageousAldabratortoise-size_restricted.gif

Who's a good tax refund?!

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

thank you, i needed that laugh

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Unoriginal Name posted:

Antivaxxers with quarantine anxiety cranked to 11

Pretty much, they are terrified like the rest of us and looking for some narrative that makes them feel like they are in control or have some special insight.

We've pretty much hit the point where conspiracy theories are all interlinked in one giant grand unified conspiracy theory, so depending on the exact flavor of crazy you are dealing with the details of the plot are slightly different but the overall arc is the same. From what I gather Gates made the observation that people in less developed nations had more kids in part because they expected many of them to die to various diseases, and said that as a result a vaccination program will reduce population growth (and our impact on the environment) since people won't have so many kids. The conspiracy types saw this as him releasing his evil plan to depopulate the world through contaminated vaccines or something.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Wally Joyner posted:

Also if your eligibility is not determined, like ours is, then you don’t get the option to enter bank info.

That's where I am at. loving wonderful. Everyone's been telling me to use that site and I am, it just isn't letting me do anything.

So what does that mean for us?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Death toll is going to be double that of H1N1 by this weekend.

I bet he still brings up the 17,000 number again. His brain is overloaded and on autopilot at this point.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Popete posted:

there is a medical research institute that patented a chicken coronavirus vaccine within the last year or so, and people are linking that to gates and saying hes responsible for the Coronavirus outbreak

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

not surprised. king is a bigoted nutjob who made it super obvious that he is out and out klansmen at best. dudes hosed and not even useful to his voting area anymore.

Pants Donkey posted:

Death toll is going to be double that of H1N1 by this weekend.

I bet he still brings up the 17,000 number again. His brain is overloaded and on autopilot at this point.

he did today again i think.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Any updates on the possibility of USPS bailout? I work in one of the its P&DCs and would love to not lose my job. Every sup I ask about it laughs it off and say that this has been going on for years and just learn to deal with it. Im lucky enough to have made career.. would be a shame to have to start over now.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

there is a medical research institute that patented a chicken coronavirus vaccine within the last year or so, and people are linking that to gates and saying hes responsible for the Coronavirus outbreak

Specifically it's at the level of being signal boosted by Alex Jones and his type, so it's firmly in the mainstream conspiracy camp. Just a soft mash of the virus being a secret Chinese bio-weapon that was also a test run by the Illuminati to force a lockdown and prepare for the real thing. Also they want to discredit antivaxxers and make us beg for a vaccine which will just sterilize us, lobotomized us, or kill us. Also the numbers are inflated and also you just need to buy his miracle cure, except legally he can't say that anymore so he's gotten cute about it.

Same dance as it's always been, but it's centered around Gates at the moment because there aren't many rich dudes who fit the bill at the moment.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Specifically it's at the level of being signal boosted by Alex Jones and his type, so it's firmly in the mainstream conspiracy camp. Just a soft mash of the virus being a secret Chinese bio-weapon that was also a test run by the Illuminati to force a lockdown and prepare for the real thing. Also they want to discredit antivaxxers and make us beg for a vaccine which will just sterilize us, lobotomized us, or kill us. Also the numbers are inflated and also you just need to buy his miracle cure, except legally he can't say that anymore so he's gotten cute about it.

Same dance as it's always been, but it's centered around Gates at the moment because there aren't many rich dudes who fit the bill at the moment.

well it originally started out with Qanon grifters who like to drink bleach and is continuin to push up yeah

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Shifty Pony posted:

Pretty much, they are terrified like the rest of us and looking for some narrative that makes them feel like they are in control or have some special insight.

We've pretty much hit the point where conspiracy theories are all interlinked in one giant grand unified conspiracy theory, so depending on the exact flavor of crazy you are dealing with the details of the plot are slightly different but the overall arc is the same. From what I gather Gates made the observation that people in less developed nations had more kids in part because they expected many of them to die to various diseases, and said that as a result a vaccination program will reduce population growth (and our impact on the environment) since people won't have so many kids. The conspiracy types saw this as him releasing his evil plan to depopulate the world through contaminated vaccines or something.

My idiot brother seems to believe that this is a conspiracy to keep us all inside so the government can build 5G towers to mind control us all. There is no way he is coming up with this himself so there is probably some crackpot that is spreading this bullshit online.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

logger posted:

My idiot brother seems to believe that this is a conspiracy to keep us all inside so the government can build 5G towers to mind control us all. There is no way he is coming up with this himself so there is probably some crackpot that is spreading this bullshit online.

Okay, how the gently caress is 5G some mind control plot? Who the gently caress are these idiots who believe this poo poo?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

logger posted:

People have vandalized towers in multiple countries because of this dumb conspiracy theory.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Ok, I'll bite, why do we all need to be inside for the mind control towers to be built, they could build them in plain sight.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

TulliusCicero posted:

Okay, how the gently caress is 5G some mind control plot? Who the gently caress are these idiots who believe this poo poo?

Well one of them is Woody Harrelson. Too much pot for that dude, methinks.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Ok, I'll bite, why do we all need to be inside for the mind control towers to be built, they could build them in plain sight.

If they have enough power to make up a global pandemic to keep everyone inside they have enough power to do anything they want already so why go through all the trouble to try mind control anyway, but like VH4Ever says paranoid potheads like my brother think they know better than scientists and we all are slaves to the mainstream media.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Hey don’t blame the pot for this you guys. Plenty of hardcore stoners don’t believe in this kind of garbage and plenty of non-stoners do

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ok Comboomer posted:

Hey don’t blame the pot for this you guys. Plenty of hardcore stoners don’t believe in this kind of garbage and plenty of non-stoners do

As someone who enjoys getting stoned a lot, I second this point

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Keeping people inside has resulted in less worldwide deaths from other causes. So why would the ~mind control reptipes~ keep us inside. If the reptiles wanted to kill everyone they'd just make Tesla the car of America.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Except they’re saying that Gates has a patent on Covid-19 itself. I refuse to engage with these people so I’m not sure how they think this benefits him, but that’s the claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What if... pot is the only way to stop the 5G mind control? Distorts your brainwaves just enough that you're no longer compatible with the system.