Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Heartcatch posted:

This is a Hillary thing, isn't it?

Seeing how it excludes South Korea, Singapore, and Vietnam.

Singapore got cocky and started loving up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!

I feel gross for getting this instantly.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

https://twitter.com/cooliofoolio707/status/1250613293334630402?s=20

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

To be fair, they handled a suicide death cult trying to kill everyone with a biological weapon extremely well. If that doesn't get you votes nothing should

Moon probably feels like a king right now

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Hope this dude is injecting Dawn straight into his veins

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

full circle. lets fuckin do this

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

That idiot covid truther had a Twitter meltdown because a reporter asked him a follow up question

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1250599045875318787

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

how can you even exist while being this dumb

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

protein printer go brrr

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Just give me an IV Purell transfusion, bing bong so simple

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Great news!

I like this ad, but I think you could make it punchier by have a death count in the background going up the whole time

https://twitter.com/PreetBharara/status/1250605595801063425

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
purell abd codeine cough syrup is the drank version of those power gel packs

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Oooh! So that person's reasoning is correct? That's good to know.

Probably I dunno, I haven't done any actual calculus in years

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2020/04/15/2244140/irgc-unveils-coronavirus-remote-detector

quote:

IRGC Unveils Coronavirus Remote Detector
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) unveiled an advanced device that can remotely detect people infected with the novel coronavirus and also the contaminated areas within a range of 100 meters.

probably a bunch of refurbished gaydars

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

brugroffil posted:

The latest right wing lunatic idea I've seen

lmao.

"I think most can agree that most of Sweden is infected now. "

We can?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://i.imgur.com/VgcyD7D.mp4

(sound)

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/TXCivilRights/status/1250516402747977729

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

nice confidence interval lol

I don't mean nice because it includes 69

it's just really wide

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

lol i was waiting for the pallbearers to show up

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Stereotype posted:

how can you even exist while being this dumb

soap your lungs, dummy.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

WarEternal posted:

lmao.

"I think most can agree that most of Sweden is infected now. "

We can?

lol if you times Swedens positive cases by 50 you only get 5% of the population infected.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Farm Frenzy posted:

lol i was waiting for the pallbearers to show up

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

not an endorsement posted:

i don't think that has been demonstrated meaningfully; here's a few slides a visiting virologist gave to my lab on the topic

:worship:
thanks for sharing

this reinfection rumor keeps bouncing around and there’s never any mention on “reinfected” people suffering any (additional) symptoms

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

nice

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

brugroffil posted:

That idiot covid truther had a Twitter meltdown because a reporter asked him a follow up question

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1250599045875318787

she only gives the interview on the condition she not be fact checked. she calls it "second guessing" her. gently caress these people run the world

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

InsertPotPun posted:

she only gives the interview on the condition she not be fact checked. she calls it "second guessing" her. gently caress these people run the world

alex is a guy

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Computer Serf posted:

thanks for sharing

this reinfection rumor keeps bouncing around and there’s never any mention on “reinfected” people suffering any (additional) symptoms

you can get infected for poo poo you’re vaccinated with, it’s a semantics thing, people are thinking immunity works like a video game. it just means tour body can mount an effective response early instead of late. it’s very safe to assume you won’t have serious effects from being reinfected for at least several months and probably more like a year,, or even longer depending on some tbd science on it. coronavirus was never that important to deal with until now because there isn’t any money in dealing with it until now (lol) so we just have vague studies from people looking into the common cold and applying what we know on how those ronis work

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Computer Serf posted:

thanks for sharing

I feel like kidney heart lung and liver damage is a thing that might show symptoms over a long period of time, say, several years in the life of a human

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

InsertPotPun posted:

the best part is the credit that right wing media uses for Alex right now is "former NYT reporter". Reporter doesn't know what a follow-up question is.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Important update:

My step-grandma is dying in the next 24 hours from the virus, and my wife is watching The Greatest Showmen.

Holy gently caress this movie sucks so much.

It may legitimately be the first musical that I actively despise. The movie itself is awful but somehow the music is even worse.

I can't believe something this terrible could happen.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
tbf the real problem is we aren’t going to have a working vaccine until probably early 2022 without an absolute miracle and until then the virus is just going to have to burn itself out and run out of hosts. countries can either be smart about it or do what america is about to do and kill off a huge chunk of the 40 and up crowd

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

i am harry posted:

I feel like kidney heart lung and liver damage is a thing that might show symptoms over a long period of time, say, several years in the life of a human

It'll be interesting once this gets through, as much as it ever will, what kind of lifetime mortality data we get. It may take decades but it'll take that long for us to get a complete picture of before/after COVID.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Important update:

My step-grandma is dying in the next 24 hours from the virus, and my wife is watching The Greatest Showmen.

Holy gently caress this movie sucks so much.

It may legitimately be the first musical that I actively despise. The movie itself is awful but somehow the music is even worse.

I can't believe something this terrible could happen.

1. Condolences

2. Yeah I loving hate that goddamned movie but my wife and kids can't get enough of it

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

i am harry posted:

if you end up in the hospital due to covid you probably had bad enough hypoxia to do significant enough damage to every organ in your body and shaved several years off at least your ambulatory lifespan. you’ll be in a chair on oxygen hooked up to a dialysis machine at some point womp womp

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

going to be a great world when 33% of the population gets permanent roni lung and others take psychic damage from seeing too much stupid at once

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

More than likely. By the looks of it I'd say that is a slightly modified QWR-69, old Warsaw Pact tech.
Primitive but quite robust: it can detect gravitational anomalies in men's dress shoes at an effective range of over one kilometer.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Singapore got cocky and started loving up

Might as well give them to Malaysia then!

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

alright covid thread, how about some GOOD news for once??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1250629608359198726