Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

NotNut posted:

I guess the forces weren't really that complicated though. left magick is sacred feminine and right magic is sacred masculine so when they're corrupted they became mundane feminine and masculine instead. imo

i think you're onto something there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
communism happens when i cum

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

NotNut posted:

is there any good left-wing magick or mystics now adays? it seems like left magick reached its apotheosis with Homestuck and its gnosticism, or at least that represented what was happening more broadly. it was corrupted and torn up in miniature by the complicated forces that affected left-wing magic as a whole. then you had Jordan Peterson come on just to stomp on Sophia's dust and let you know that yes, even a prophet as dumb as him can tell you it's over. now all the high-level magic I see is being done by right-wingers like BAP or Low HP Lovecraft on Twitter. you do have Disco Elysium but it's a dead end, maybe even by design. so what the gently caress

this is what happens when the left abandons historical materialism

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
im more into ahistorical materialism now

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm a historical MOMterialist #galmunism

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

NotNut posted:

I guess the forces weren't really that complicated though. left magick is sacred feminine and right magic is sacred masculine so when they're corrupted they became mundane feminine and masculine instead. imo

does that make me non-binary if i'm a death knight, which fights and wears plate armor (masculine) but uses necromancy and blood magic (feminine)

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Varinn posted:

im more into ahistorical materialism now

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

NotNut posted:

That's right

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Friendship IS magic I guess

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

NotNut posted:

is there any good left-wing magick or mystics now adays? it seems like left magick reached its apotheosis with Homestuck and its gnosticism, or at least that represented what was happening more broadly. it was corrupted and torn up in miniature by the complicated forces that affected left-wing magic as a whole. then you had Jordan Peterson come on just to stomp on Sophia's dust and let you know that yes, even a prophet as dumb as him can tell you it's over. now all the high-level magic I see is being done by right-wingers like BAP or Low HP Lovecraft on Twitter. you do have Disco Elysium but it's a dead end, maybe even by design. so what the gently caress

SA is the last goddamn place you want to ask this question

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
we must redouble posting efforts

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/henrykrinkie/status/1250521141900443648?s=21

Lmao I live in this neighborhood...cordeliers is nearby...

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

GalacticAcid posted:

https://twitter.com/henrykrinkie/status/1250521141900443648?s=21

Lmao I live in this neighborhood...cordeliers is nearby...

Hes a funny crank, but I will always respect him for this https://twitter.com/cordeliers/status/1188445250634878976

quote:

BAGHDAD, July 18

For more than a year, the leader of one the most notorious insurgent groups in Iraq was said to be a mysterious Iraqi called Abu Omar al-Baghdadi.

As the titular head of the Islamic State in Iraq, Mr. Baghdadi issued incendiary pronouncements. Despite claims by an Iraqi Interior Ministry official in May that Mr. Baghdadi had been killed, he appeared to have persevered unscathed.

On Wednesday, the chief United States military spokesman here, Brig. Gen. Kevin J. Bergner, provided a new explanation for Mr. Baghdadi’s ability to escape attack: he never existed.

General Bergner told reporters that a senior Iraqi insurgent captured this month said that the elusive Mr. Baghdadi was actually a fictional character whose declarations on audiotape were read by a man named Abu Abdullah al-Naima.

General Bergner said the ruse was devised by Abu Ayyub al-Masri, the Egyptian-born leader of the insurgent group Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia. Although the group is mostly Iraqi, much of its leadership is foreign, and Mr. Masri was reportedly trying to mask the outsiders’ dominant role.

The general’s briefing was part of an American effort to counter the psychological aspects of Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia’s campaign as well as the military ones. The news conference seemed tailored to rattle the 90 percent of the group’s adherents who are believed to be Iraqi by suggesting that they were doing the bidding of foreigners.

General Bergner said that Mr. Masri’s ploy was to invent Mr. Baghdadi, a figure whose very name was meant to establish an Iraqi pedigree, install him as the head of a front organization called the Islamic State of Iraq, and then arrange for Mr. Masri to swear allegiance to him.

Adding to the deception, he said, the deputy leader in Osama bin Laden’s group Al Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahri, publicly supported Mr. Baghdadi in video and Internet statements.

The captured insurgent who was said to have alerted the Americans was identified as Khalid Abdul Fatah Daoud Mahmud al-Mashadani, who was said to have been detained by American forces in Mosul on July 4.

These Young Renters Wanted a Starter Apartment in Manhattan for a Reasonable Price. Here’s What They Found.
According to General Bergner, Mr. Mashadani is the most senior Iraqi operative in Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia. According to some reports, he served in Saddam Hussein’s Special Republican Guard and later became an insurgent with the group Ansar Al Sunna. About two and a half years ago, Mr. Mashadani joined Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia, where he served as the Media Emir, or publicity director, the general said.

General Bergner said that Mr. Mashadani was also an intermediary between Mr. Masri in Iraq and Mr. bin Laden and Mr. Zawahri, whom the Bush administration says are remotely supporting and guiding Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia. Critics of the administration have accused it of exaggerating the relationship between the groups, however.

An important part of the American strategy against Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia has been to drive wedges between the group, other insurgent groups and the Sunni population, and General Bergner’s briefing continued that theme.

“Mashadani confirms that al-Masri and the foreign leaders with whom he surrounds himself, not Iraqis, made the operational decisions,” General Bergner said.

As proof that Mr. Mashadani had been captured, the military displayed a picture of him and an identification card the general described as the false ID he was found with.

Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia has fired its own shots in the publicity war. Videos have been issued under the banner of the Islamic State of Iraq that were said to show a bomb attack in Diyala on an American Bradley armored vehicle and an assault on an Iraqi military checkpoint.

In one recent statement, the Islamic State of Iraq made light of the American code name for its offensive in Baquba, Arrowhead Ripper, by saying that “the arrows have been returned to the enemy like boomerangs,” according to the SITE Institute, a United States group that monitors international terrorist groups.

Bruce Riedel, a former C.I.A official and Middle East expert, acknowledged that experts had long wondered whether Mr. Baghdadi actually existed. Still, Mr. Riedel suggested that the briefing on Wednesday indicated that recent intelligence on Al Qaeda was hardly perfect and may not be the final word.

“They say we have killed him,” Mr. Riedel said, referring to earlier statements by Iraqi government officials. “Then we heard him after his death, and now they are saying he never existed.”

Mr. Riedel said the military needed to guard against the possibility that Mr. Mashadani might be trying to protect a real person by telling the Americans that Mr. Baghdadi was imaginary. The military insists that Mr. Mashadani provided his account because he resented the role played by foreign leaders in Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia. They say he has not repudiated the group.

A larger question is what influence senior Qaeda leaders, believed to be hiding in Pakistan, may have over the operations undertaken by Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia. General Bergner said Mr. bin Laden’s group provided guidance and general support. By way of example, he said that three foreign fighters Khail, Khalid and Khattab al-Turki were dispatched to Iraq by Al Qaeda to help Mr. Masri strengthen his organization in the northern part of the country.

“There is a flow of strategic decision, of prioritization, of messaging from Al Qaeda senior leaders to Al Qaeda in Iraq leadership,” he said. But he did not provide any examples of a specific raid or operation that was ordered by Pakistan-based leaders of Al Qaeda.

An unclassified National Intelligence Estimate on terrorism made public in Washington on Tuesday indicated that there was some link between Al Qaeda and Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia. But the intelligence estimates also suggest that Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia has some autonomy and described the Iraqi-based group as an “affiliate” of Al Qaeda.

A statement issued just last week in the name of a Mr. Baghdadi suggested that his group’s enemies were varied and that some were much closer to home. A tape, posted on a jihadist Web site, warned Iran to stop supporting Iraqi’s Shiites.

“We are giving the Persians, and especially the rulers of Iran, a two-month period to end all kinds of support for the Iraqi Shiite government and to stop direct and indirect intervention,” the statement read. “Otherwise, a severe war is waiting for you.”

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
I found an english translation of Domenico Losurdo's 'Stalin: The History and Critique of a Black Legend' and it's pretty awesome.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/chickysandwich/status/1250462828324061184?s=19

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

WOO GO TEAM VIRUS GO

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Hilario Baldness posted:

I found an english translation of Domenico Losurdo's 'Stalin: The History and Critique of a Black Legend' and it's pretty awesome.

domenico losurdo is great

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hilario Baldness posted:

another successful goon project

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My SO is gonna join the PSL lol

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

What a surprise, left magick was a psyop all along.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Duh

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tbh if you consider the age demo of deaths it's disproportionately killing fascists

i didn't read the text but from the format of the pictures i assume this is a virgin vs chad

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Grevling posted:

What a surprise, left magick was a psyop all along.

even marianne!!????

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

NotNut posted:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
anything I don't like is a psyop

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Fake trues, that’s a psy-op
Fake shoes, that’s a psy-op
stalking rear end bitch, that’s a psy-op

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Shear Modulus posted:

i didn't read the text but from the format of the pictures i assume this is a virgin vs chad

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Shear Modulus posted:

even marianne!!????

No, she has real spiritual powers.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

My SO is gonna join the PSL lol

get them an account

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

another successful goon project

Are you talking about the Losurdo book or the years long project to turn me into a tankie?

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
cspams taken a real dive since we allowed homex to self flagellate and pener stopped posting

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

swimsuit posted:

cspams taken a real dive since we allowed homex to self flagellate and pener stopped posting

sad but true

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Hilario Baldness posted:

Are you talking about the Losurdo book or the years long project to turn me into a tankie?

Yes

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Shear Modulus posted:

the virgin spiritual leftist vs the chad CIA agent

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I think the latest announcement might be aimed at cspam a bit

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

swimsuit posted:

i miss them, even if both of them called me stupid sometimes :(

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Goast posted:

communism happens when i cum

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

swimsuit posted:

if we each inject 1200 post into cspam we can get over this hump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Tbf I wouldn't have wanted to inflict the COVID-19 discourse on Homex