Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

got anything else? or is one post all you need to forever classify someone as an edgelord?

Here you go:

got anything else? or is one post all you need to forever classify someone as an edgelord?

See my previous statement about "Wannabe lawyers"

Bonus content:

i never got the millennial 'i hate my life hahaha' memes i genuinely love creating misery for other ppl i don't get what the problem is?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

"i genuinely love creating misery for other ppl"

The edge, so sharp.

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Apr 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ninogan posted:

Usually there's tons of stuff that'd help in a game like this like speed hacks (not just movement but swing rate), making your hitbox not stay with you so you can't be hit, teleport, etc. Not sure what's possible besides speed hacking right now though. Oh you can also clip under the world and loot stuff without being seen, the chinese started stealing fragments this way, it's pretty annoying.

The eu goon numbers in rupucams doesn't seem large enough for anything interesting to happen until NA folks wake up sadly which is why i'm asking but with quarantine and working from home i guess i can mess my sleep schedule up every so often for some fun before this game dies down :coffeepal:

i'm part of the mostly non-goon please knock mums group. i understand why they don't want too many non-friends there, if i'm honest it's a tad awkward because i feel like i'm intruding, but if you guys make a goon eu clan i'm sure we can have some sort of non-kill and help each other arrangement set up. we'e already peaceful with about 2-3 other clans.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Stormgale posted:

Here you go:

See my previous statement about "Wannabe lawyers"

Bonus content:

"i genuinely love creating misery for other ppl"

The edge, so sharp.

ok you win, i have made some edgy posts

but i still have never said any racial slurs so

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

ok you win, i have made some edgy posts

but i still have never said any racial slurs so

I called you an edgelord and said you said slurs.

I have proven both of those things :) You keep trying to rules lawyer your way out of this which is really funny tbh.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Stormgale posted:

I called you an edgelord and said you said slurs.

I have proven both of those things :) You keep trying to rules lawyer your way out of this which is really funny tbh.

i never tried to rules lawyer anything, I guess I didn't consider "retard" a slur. I don't consider myself an edgelord either, as the vast majority of my posts are not edgy :)

if asking for evidence of being accused of saying the hard R makes me a rules lawyer, then I guess that's enough evidence for you. I know I haven't said it and it never happened and am not afraid to say that matter-of-factly.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Stormgale posted:

Also I wanna repeat, i'm a bad farmer gatherer player who will probably lose 1v1's vs anyone in this thread so I aint got any skin in this "5 guys gang up on 1-2 people and get a win and thus are the ultimate pvp gods" contest.

I already replied to this post once but I'm doing so again because it occurred to me that the greatest goon hero of all time had the same playstyle as this, and that goon's name was Eltagg

I spent entire chunks of most days literally just helping Eltagg with whatever he needed moved or needed done, and that guy was wonderful. I don't know if there is an Eltagg in LO, but I hope so.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Stormgale posted:

I just do some farming and Helping out the base during EU hours myself (cause i'm an EU lass) but yeah not being able to take part in big stuff does suck, hopefully some more EU people may be coming?

I'm EU but I'm playing on actual EU servers and am going to be looking for a group once I beat FF7 Remake

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

i never tried to rules lawyer anything, I guess I didn't consider "retard" a slur. I don't consider myself an edgelord either, as the vast majority of my posts are not edgy :)

if asking for evidence of being accused of saying the hard R makes me a rules lawyer, then I guess that's enough evidence for you. I know I haven't said it and it never happened and am not afraid to say that matter-of-factly.

Aside from all this, you’re also gonna be judged on the company you keep, and when you roll with a bunch of screaming 4channers screaming the N-word as they swing around our base, it doesn’t look good on you.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
:gas:

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
For anyone wondering about the actual game none of this stupid posting slap fight is present in game. If you like to chop trees this game is good for that and if you like to fight mans it is good for that too. It's a lot harder to lose all of your stuff than in similar games and if it turns out the area you camped out as your home base is too hot you can just take all your stuff and leave.

They are adding the zone destruction next week so everyone will have to stay mobile and that's going to shake up the way a lot of people are playing and push a lot more people into conflict. Making a giant hoarder base is going to be a huge pain in the rear end to maintain but right now people have been doing it.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Ninogan posted:

I guess we don't have an actual EU goon group, right? Missing out on all the good pvp at 3am my time is starting to be disheartening.

I'm holding out hope that the weekends will have amerigoons playing at more reasonable times.

(Or just going to work after 5 hours sleep like after last night's base defence.)

For people who might be wondering what this game actually plays like, here's what I ended up doing in about 7 hours last night:

• Infiltrated goonland in a spider walker and screwed around mining for a bit because I'd been kicked from the clan during The Great Non-Goon gently caress Over the night before
  • Got re-invited, and free from the risk of being goon merked spent some time porting in my 'safe' bank walkers and playing pretty pretty base builder
  • Including rebuilding my mucking around stiletto which had been half destroyed in a random PvP encounter the night before. I looted the bugger in the end though.
  • Heard the Call of The Clan and spent a while hunting frags to contribute towards teching up a fancy new clan walker
  • Logged off for the night
  • Heard Bert getting worried in Discord about maps near us suddenly looking full
  • Logged back in, stuck in a 25 man queue. This indicated we were about to be hit, and everyone on the server started desperately logging their poo poo out so it didn't get raided.
  • Mass fumbling around trying to get crews together for PvP walkers, spawned naked on Rizzit's boat and auto-equipped gear from his hold
  • Re-enacted the Saving Private Ryan beach scene, crouching behind a repeater while two fully loaded enemy buffalos rained down hundreds of bolts on us
  • An enjoyable hour and a half of smacking people with sticks, grappling hooking around, manning various random weapons, repairing and re-watering walkers, and watching the pretty green clouds of biological weapons annihilate our foes.
  • Looted the poo poo out of people. A huge part of the PvP game is policing up the weapons and armour that get dropped to ensure enemies can't spawn naked and pick it up, then ideally running it back to friendly walkers so your spawns get auto-equipped with at least some sort of weapon. You end up picking up some ridiculous things, like 10 stacks of heavy rawhide axes, singblades and a +32 fibre headwrap(?!?)
  • See also the fun of actually looting enemy ships. One of them bought 100 fire arrows with them, which we looted from the ammo boxes on top and used to break into their own holds.
  • Actually logged off for the night

RockyB fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 15, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

BurtLington posted:

Aside from all this, you’re also gonna be judged on the company you keep, and when you roll with a bunch of screaming 4channers screaming the N-word as they swing around our base, it doesn’t look good on you.

that's valid if they were screaming slurs, but i never heard it and i was with them pretty much all night

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
see technically what I did wasn't boring as poo poo, so by process of elimination I must've had fun!

(devs patch out boring grind)

FCKU YOU loving DEVS DON'T KNOW WH

e: the actual game, where you grapple on poo poo and have fights with walking boats and are constantly respawning in-and-out? that poo poo is fun even when it gets laggy, the game feels pretty responsive under bad conditions unlike Atlas/Empyrion

Good Dumplings fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 15, 2020

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Good Dumplings posted:

see technically what I did wasn't boring as poo poo, so by process of elimination I must've had fun!

(devs patch out boring grind)

FCKU YOU loving DEVS DON'T KNOW WH

e: the actual game, where you grapple on poo poo and have fights with walking boats and are constantly respawning in-and-out? that poo poo is fun even when it gets laggy, the game feels pretty responsive under bad conditions unlike Atlas/Empyrion

How bad is the lag really?

Every single game of this kind that I played made me quit because of the horrific lag...

Empyrion, horrific lag, Worlds Adrift (RIP) horrific lag, Atlas horrific lag....

I'm hearing mixed feedback about the lag and it's been the primary reason for me not wanting to touch yet another early access pvp survival game...

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The network lag is almost nonexistent in all but the very largest fights. Your computer might have problems if it's more than a few years old tho.

I love how we were fine with 1001 and his crew raiding us occasionally when we thought they were Chinese, but when it turned out they were racist children we unified and destroyed all their poo poo last night. Goons are awesome.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

FileNotFound posted:

How bad is the lag really?

Every single game of this kind that I played made me quit because of the horrific lag...

Empyrion, horrific lag, Worlds Adrift (RIP) horrific lag, Atlas horrific lag....

I'm hearing mixed feedback about the lag and it's been the primary reason for me not wanting to touch yet another early access pvp survival game...

I have never experienced any lag but I've never been in a massive fight. But literally any game with a lot of players in one spot is going to have lag.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

GoGoGadget posted:

I have never experienced any lag but I've never been in a massive fight. But literally any game with a lot of players in one spot is going to have lag.

I mean - yes but I want PlanetSide 2 level combat and lag - not lagging off the boat, clipping through walls/terrain, lag.

I still don't understand why no other game has managed to produce Planetside 2 player numbers and network performance.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

FileNotFound posted:

I mean - yes but I want PlanetSide 2 level combat and lag - not lagging off the boat, clipping through walls/terrain, lag.

I still don't understand why no other game has managed to produce Planetside 2 player numbers and network performance.

This game has been very good on not lagging off the boat and through things in my experience. Nothing like the garbage you had to deal with in Atlas.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So is game good or bad?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Comrayn posted:

This game has been very good on not lagging off the boat and through things in my experience. Nothing like the garbage you had to deal with in Atlas.

TBH since we packed away the bases and no longer have tons of stupid in the main area most of my lag has recessed. Rendering a base which is made up of dozens or hundreds of individual tiles much less a dozen is an issue.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

BadLlama posted:

So is game good or bad?

it's in this forum, it's bad.

But I still play it

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

FileNotFound posted:

Unlike in Atlas, you don't fall through the boat in this game. The walkers crash into each other, rock back and forth, and get thrown around a bit while you are having melee fights on the deck with enemy boarders. It just works.

The lag people describe comes in a few factors. One is that the framerate drops when you have 60 people all running around, swinging with their grapples, onto a bunch of walkers. My PC, which has a Ryzen 3900X and a GTX 1070, can dip to 20-30 fps in huge fights.

The other is that the game will degrade some stuff to try to keep things workable. Animations might start to become less fluid. You might have issues where the server tick rate slows and hits/blocks become a little delayed. Everything is still workable, though, and I have been able to fight people and block attacks and whatnot under the lag. It is harder, but it still works.

BadLlama posted:

So is game good or bad?

In my opinion, it is the best survival MMO, period.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nalin posted:

In my opinion, it is the best survival MMO, period.

Same and it's not even close

IMO it's the only actually playable and fun one

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
It solves a bunch of technical stuff wrt multiplayer combat with multiple frames of reference that much larger studios have completely flubbed and in general the gameplay just feels good.

I have no idea how a five man team of Warband modders were the ones to make this game.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

NaanViolence posted:

I love how we were fine with 1001 and his crew raiding us occasionally when we thought they were Chinese, but when it turned out they were racist children we unified and destroyed all their poo poo last night. Goons are awesome.

who is pushing this narrative of you destroying any of our poo poo?

like who is making this poo poo up lmao

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
No need for a narrative, I watched it happen myself.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

NaanViolence posted:

No need for a narrative, I watched it happen myself.

we have lost literally nothing to you guys...

we had some throwaway chests and a bunch of spammed dinghies but we haven't lost anything of value...

darkroot
Apr 11, 2012

Strikers Over Scarif

Voyager I posted:

It solves a bunch of technical stuff wrt multiplayer combat with multiple frames of reference that much larger studios have completely flubbed and in general the gameplay just feels good.

I have no idea how a five man team of Warband modders were the ones to make this game.

The steadiness that you have on the boats is what blows my mind. This is something that I have literally never experienced in another game. It feels like you’re just gonna have a subpar time while standing on a moving vehicle in a video game unless you’re playing Last Oasis.

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001
I’ve been playing since beta and having an incredible amount of fun, on my own soloing and with the clan. If you're on the fence about playing, get the gently caress off the fence and buy this poo poo now.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I guess because we are an island completely surrounded by OwO, people are suddenly becoming curious about our little oasis inside the green sea. The past two days has been massive fight after fight and every time we end up wiping the group and stealing all their poo poo.

This feels like season 1 of Atlas where we were under attack on all fronts. Two nights in a row "The Radium Oath" has tried to roll on us and each time they've lost all their walkers and all their gear. Today we've also been attacked by Thirst, Sun Empire, Big-time, and more.

We are getting a lot more efficient at fights. We can't stop feeding all our gear to a couple Twitch streamers, but we do pretty well in big fights.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Game is good, and probably one of the better survival MMO things with a few caveats:

It dosent have the expansive tech tree you get out of an older game like ARK or conan, everything in the game (barring stuff we cant get the resources for) is within reach at the moment. So if you want to build laser raptors this aint your game.

Similar to above this isn't a game where you build doom forts, you will have small temporary bases as well as stuff you pack on/off your walker. If you want to build the Cistine Chapel in a survival game this aint for you.

It does have a few rough edges, none of them are with the core gameplay (that's v good) it just has a few systems and designs they havent worked out. A few walkers probably need to be re-balanced (A few bigger ones), there are some systems they need to put more thought into and the 100 person servers could lead to degenerate gameplay. I want to stress again the core game is good just it is rough around some edges

Non Game ralted:
If you're an EU player who plays at EU times you will be mostly chilling with a much smaller group if you join up on NA. If you just want to explore the game and do stuff solo that's probably perfect for you but due to claim mechanics and attack timers (as well as most people being on US) most big battles happen around 1-3 AM EU times, so if you can't rotate your sleep schedule and want to join in massive battles every day keep that in mind. If you just wanna join up on weekends or once in a whil then yeah do that.

Adadad
May 16, 2008
The last few days have been constant pvp in our home grid, people are bringing us so many kits at all hours of the day and any EU player will not have a hard time finding action. The EU servers are also pretty close to the south of us.

Adadad fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Apr 16, 2020

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Really happy for you that the game turned out good. There's been a lot of disappointments when it comes to this style of games.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Also the game is currently in a wierd state right now (not bad, just different). The destruction of zones every 7 days (well each zone lasting 7 days) isn't on, which is allowing a land grab turtling style that will feel a little different when everyone is moving.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Are there any EU groups I could join? Last I heard, Stronger Men wasn't adding anyone else. I don't want to play with the NA group mostly because of the timezones, but also because of the group size and drama that comes with it.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I'm playing with the NA goons, mostly because greater numbers mean quite a lot for holding zones, but also I'm hoping more eurogoons will do the same and we can form sub-groups. From experience with other non-WoW MMO games, eurogoon presence is rarely enough to keep an active guild going for long.

Also: If we manage to get enough eurogoons to make like a 5-10 size hit-squad we can probably do a ton of damage to silly NA people being asleep.

Huckert fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Apr 16, 2020

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Someone should take a picture of the giant dead ball of enemy walkers we piled up last night.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Lurgy posted:

I'm playing with the NA goons, mostly because greater numbers mean quite a lot for holding zones, but also I'm hoping more eurogoons will do the same and we can form sub-groups. From experience with other non-WoW MMO games, eurogoon presence is rarely enough to keep an active guild going for long.

Also: If we manage to get enough eurogoons to make like a 5-10 size hit-squad we can probably do a ton of damage to silly NA people being asleep.

the good thing about this game is if a clan dies you can just peace out with your character and teleport to any region/place with all your techs saved in your brain

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Ninogan posted:

Usually there's tons of stuff that'd help in a game like this like speed hacks (not just movement but swing rate), making your hitbox not stay with you so you can't be hit, teleport, etc. Not sure what's possible besides speed hacking right now though. Oh you can also clip under the world and loot stuff without being seen, the chinese started stealing fragments this way, it's pretty annoying.

The eu goon numbers in rupucams doesn't seem large enough for anything interesting to happen until NA folks wake up sadly which is why i'm asking but with quarantine and working from home i guess i can mess my sleep schedule up every so often for some fun before this game dies down :coffeepal:

Nino, please recruit your EU friends, we would love to have them and a larger EU force in general. I've been trying to recruit other EU groups who played in the past with us but most of them are small and doing special snowflake stuff atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I guess I could give playing on the NA servers a go. Gotta get reinvited to the big boy Discord channels though.