Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

StashAugustine posted:

Is it too late to file taxes for trumpbux

dates have been extended, haven't filed mine yet tbh, though still got trumpbux today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

re: nursing facilities: a few weeks ago one of the medical higher ups at my grandparents' SNF mentioned to a doctor relative that there had been a COVID case at the facility. My relative mentioned this to a worker at the facility, who didn't know.

Fast forward to today when according to this worker, there are ~15 dead at the facility. This in stark contrast to the newsletter they're putting out. Now, this is supposed to be a good facility, and I have much respect for the nurses and staff who care for the elderly when families cannot (not informing them of a covid case is absolutely loving unacceptable), but, uh...

turmp

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlG2sMpHmLA

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

RIP to those chud states opening back up today

Also the rest of us I guess

i'm 1500 posts behind, lol what the. are they actually? hoorah america #1

in deaths

:getin:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i go to whole foods EVERY DAY and you're just now telling me theres 12 covid cases at my location??

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Came across this piece of news on a Taiwanese forum, a lot of number for the stat goons to look over.

https://m.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=780&t=6070231#pb

There is no news link so I will just translate it:

A Taiwans TV station interviewed the Wuhan vice mayor on Apr 15. He stated that since Wuhan had reopened for the last 7 days, the city had done nucleic acid tests on 226 thousand (random?) Wuhan residents, and found 130 asymptomic positive cases. There were also 143k tests organized by local companies, and had found 113 asymptomic positives. They also did random tests of the close contact members of these 243 positive cases, and had found 0 positives.

I don't know if this means the remaining virus inside Wuhan has evloved to be less infectious?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

i think if i bombard my partner with pre-1940s music she will have no reason to get mad at me b/c it's classy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVNqWZPqxDE

Man Musk has issued a correction as of 07:02 on Apr 16, 2020

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

in deaths

Ya lol

Texas and Florida are the only ones he mentioned off the top of my head. Who knows if he was just making it up tho. Dude really wants to get back to golfing

Dial911
Mar 18, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY LORD AND SAVIOR!!!

Social distancing is noticeably breaking down here in Southeast Massachusetts, parks are packed, so are target and other box stores, and my neighbors had a party w 20+ cars in their yard. I don't see myself living through this anymore.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Dial911 posted:

Social distancing is noticeably breaking down here in Southeast Massachusetts, parks are packed, so are target and other box stores, and my neighbors had a yard party w 20+ cars in their yard. I don't see myself living through this anymore.

look at it this way, the faster everyone but you gets it the sooner you get to stop doing social distancing!

the only downside is the millions of deaths

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

Came across this piece of news on a Taiwanese forum, a lot of number for the stat goons to look over.

A Taiwans TV station interviewed the Wuhan vice mayor on Apr 15. He stated that since Wuhan had reopened for the last 7 days, the city had done nucleic acid tests on 226 thousand (random?) Wuhan residents, and found 130 asymptomic positive cases. There were also 143k tests organized by local companies, and had found 113 asymptomic positives. They also did random tests of the close contact members of these 243 positive cases, and had found 0 positives.

I don't know if this means the remaining virus inside Wuhan has evloved to be less infectious?

could just be that they're finding snippets of viral RNA and not active virus, but I don't know poo poo and im not a doctor

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

stephenthinkpad posted:

A Taiwans TV station interviewed the Wuhan vice mayor on Apr 15. He stated that since Wuhan has reopen for the last 7 days, the city has done nucleic acid tests on 226 thousand (random?) Wuhan residents, and found 130 asymptomic positive cases. There were also 143k tests organized by local companies, and had found 113 asymptomic positives. They also did random tests of the close contact members of these 243 positive cases, and had found 0 positives.

i don't think there's any evidence of any real mutations either worse or better. like yea there's over 150 nonsynomous mutations or something, probably lots more now, but fundamentally all the same with spike protein, lipid/capsid coating, attack on ace2 receptors, etc.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

fosborb posted:

dates have been extended, haven't filed mine yet tbh, though still got trumpbux today

I forgot to file last year so I'm kinda worried

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Xaris posted:

in deaths

hi xaris yah I dunno

big boy president remains trump

tests are possibly all fuckd up

america is prolly denying covid deaths in its own unique capitalist way and so i won't trust anything until this all shakes out like five years from now at minimum :stoked:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
its frankly crack pinging me more than ever before that the President's random loving poo poo is affecting our day to day lives

like, if Trump says my state is one of the okay ones (even though it very clearly isn't because we aren't doing any widespread testing), our governor will absolutely follow his lead and so will the 200-person company my wife works for -- they'll instantly stop WFH and bring everyone back into the office.

thankfully the new FMLA rules is good for months. we're legit considering letting go of an entire income just for our own loving personal safety

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

stephenthinkpad posted:

No, it means they had about a 0.06% false positive rate.

Which is fine. From what I've seen of the tests, there are no false negatives but there are false positives.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

fosborb posted:

its frankly crack pinging me more than ever before that the President's random loving poo poo is affecting our day to day lives

like, if Trump says my state is one of the okay ones (even though it very clearly isn't because we aren't doing any widespread testing), our governor will absolutely follow his lead and so will the 200-person company my wife works for -- they'll instantly stop WFH and bring everyone back into the office.

thankfully the new FMLA rules is good for months. we're legit considering letting go of an entire income just for our own loving personal safety

owned

the feds are not your friend

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

StashAugustine posted:

I forgot to file last year so I'm kinda worried

Why not just file now?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
So here in NZ the messaging for social distancing and isolating was a simple, clear term that people would be able to instantly understand, which was “bubbles”

So you, during lockdown, were to try as absolutely best you could, to Stay In Your Bubble (household, flat, etc)

Someone did this cool art of a bubble mixed with a NZ native bird

That’s all the uplifting content you get today, back to lmao’ing as corpses propped up in chairs and literal plague rats running around the US President

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Dial911 posted:

Social distancing is noticeably breaking down here in Southeast Massachusetts, parks are packed, so are target and other box stores, and my neighbors had a party w 20+ cars in their yard. I don't see myself living through this anymore.

i'd be so much more down with an honest LETS RUN THIS poo poo INTO THE GROUND attitude if there wasn't the possibility of me, in my 30s, ending up with permanent lung capacity damage from this rude disease

must be cozy in the right wing world where they think its the flu and then get sick and come out the other side still wheezing after climbing a single flight of stairs in no thanks to their own preexisting conditions

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

coke posted:

lol yeah it's working out great for uk and australia too

Despite the Ruby Princess clusterfuck, Australia is doing OK.

If people in NYC were dying from covid-19 at the same rate per million as people in Australia, NYC's death toll would be in the mid-20s. Conversely, if Australians were dying at the same rate as New Yorkers, our death toll to date would be over 30,000 instead of less than 100.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fosborb posted:

My governor who has so far been good about things (hands forces probably because Lily and IU went on extreme lockdown instantly and can do their own testing) announced coming changes to the shelter in place on the 20th, and once trump said that I immediately got worried

Indiana is outpacing Ohio last I checked, probably 500 deaths by now and we are like 2 weeks from projected peak IF WE DONT CHANGE ANYTHING lol.

Epic High Five has issued a correction as of 07:08 on Apr 16, 2020

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

fosborb posted:

your life is worth more than the number. if it's feasible and you're that worried gently caress the number

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

have some NEW ZEALAND rear end music ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K3Ldh92ta0

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
pacific commune needs more posters

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

No, it means they had about a 0.06% false positive rate.

Which is fine. From what I've seen of the tests, there are no false negatives but there are false positives.

:thunk:

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Hadlock posted:

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/coronavirus-destroys-lungs-but-doctors-are-finding-its-damage-in-kidneys-hearts-and-elsewhere/

Basically,

Covid19 is sugar ants

Your lungs are like day old stale bread. They will swarm initially. You can get rid of the ants eventually

Your kidneys however, are like a glazed jelly donut that got stepped on and is oozing jam. You're gonna have ants until you die

The raspberry jam filling is ANT2 protein, which is like covid19 crack, it's critical for reproduction of the virus

There's also a poo poo ton of ANT2 in your testicles, but your blood doesn't get filtered by your testicles, so we're ignoring that part for now

This scares me because I had covid, my pneumonia is going away nicely (its basically gone) but my heart rate hovers around 100-110 now. To be fair, I never measured my resting heart rate before i got sick so i dont know what my real base is, but my heart beat feels weird. I'm working with my PCP to maybe see a cardiologist if they're able to see it. I'm scared :(

On top of that, I have a small ache on my back mid side on the left that doesnt seen to go away, I hope its nothing else. Ugh poo poo sucks.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I've been on nights for the last 3 days and I gotta say the posting volume really hits a wall in the dark hours

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/rapplerdotcom/status/1250665495105241089?s=19

Turns out having a really effective response to a pandemic does wonders for one's political popularity

And also, their highest turnout in a long time, because they went the whole nine yards in creating safe voting conditions

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

super into plague music lately let's get that joanna newsom guy back in here ~

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

hmmm i wonder how forum poster Pohl is doing. they haven't posted in 2 weeks and they work at a homeless shelter. hope nothing happened

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Man Musk posted:

have some NEW ZEALAND rear end music ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HIc2EYnY2I

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Hadlock posted:

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/coronavirus-destroys-lungs-but-doctors-are-finding-its-damage-in-kidneys-hearts-and-elsewhere/

Basically,

Covid19 is sugar ants

Your lungs are like day old stale bread. They will swarm initially. You can get rid of the ants eventually

Your kidneys however, are like a glazed jelly donut that got stepped on and is oozing jam. You're gonna have ants until you die

The raspberry jam filling is ANT2 protein, which is like covid19 crack, it's critical for reproduction of the virus

There's also a poo poo ton of ANT2 in your testicles, but your blood doesn't get filtered by your testicles, so we're ignoring that part for now

how does this relate to the raspberry crazy ant?

i thought they were supposed to have taken over a buncha fire ant territory in the south but slow going i suppose :shrug:

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

ban every poster itt until they profer the nz goods

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

so was that nicotine thing real? if so has anyone done this yet

do you have smokes in your house

i am protected.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

pancake rabbit posted:

i am protected.

yes bot htobacco nicotine and weed protect you're lungs against the roni that's a fact

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Why not just file now?

Im gonna tomorrow I just dont know if that's too late

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

An addendum: the test is sensitive enough to detect single digit numbers of copies of the virus in the collection sample.

It's very easy to not take the collection sample right when you have to shove a stick into a person's nose and get it all the way back to get it right.

But, distinction without a difference. Saying false negatives exist is fair.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

the last time i got wicked hungover was from drinking texas lone star brewskis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

pancake rabbit posted:

i am protected.

w/juul