Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Gangringo posted:

My gripe will continue to be how content-poor the game is at launch compared to other titles in the series. If you go to play this, say 20 years from now after switch online services are discontinued, or if you just never connect your switch to the internet the game will have no holidays, no coffee shop, no custom floor in the museum, no gyroids, no tier 3 nook shop upgrade, and no whatever else they cut from the release, only to drip out in dlc.

Also the multiplayer is absurd not because of how unwieldy and kludgey it is, but because it is unwieldy and kludgey it is while charging to access it. New leaf had poo poo multiplayer but it was a handheld game and it was free to connect.

My number one quality of life improvement they could solve with a minor patch would be opening up non-diy items that come in multiple colors to be customized.

20 years? This is Nintendo. It's more like 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
those nefarious devs, CUTTING all the content that is definitely finished and ready to be shipped only to checks notes release it for free later

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Has anyone ever had a villager gift them exactly the same thing that you're currently wearing? Same item and same colour. Just wondering what the odds of that are.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Frankston posted:

Has anyone ever had a villager gift them exactly the same thing that you're currently wearing? Same item and same colour. Just wondering what the odds of that are.

You ever gift them back that same item immediately? They have special dialog for it.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
I swear someone in the last few pages posted some details about the money hole/money tree and how likely you are to get more than 30k. Can't find it for the life of me! Can someone recap? Having paid off my penultimate loan I'm back to a very low amount of bells, so I don't want to throw in more than 10k without knowing the odds...

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
fun fact I learned about campsite stuff: the actual amiibo do nothing

i scanned in KK Slider after the concert and he showed up to tell me to gently caress off

i get Tom Nook not working (because he's behind the counter) and the Alpacas not working (because theyre not in the game yet), but it's kind of a dick move to have the traveling musician go "yeah i'm not feeling it today"

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Chris Pistols posted:

I swear someone in the last few pages posted some details about the money hole/money tree and how likely you are to get more than 30k. Can't find it for the life of me! Can someone recap? Having paid off my penultimate loan I'm back to a very low amount of bells, so I don't want to throw in more than 10k without knowing the odds...

IIRC what they said is that any Bell amount above 10k that you put into the money tree hole only has a 30% chance of coming out as the bags' amounts upon money tree harvest.

So, your best average return on investment is to always put in 10k into the money tree hole every day and get back 30k from your mature money tree every day, for a net profit of 20k every day.

Blaziken386 posted:

i scanned in KK Slider after the concert and he showed up to tell me to gently caress off

i get Tom Nook not working (because he's behind the counter) and the Alpacas not working (because theyre not in the game yet), but it's kind of a dick move to have the traveling musician go "yeah i'm not feeling it today"

I felt this way too - at the very least you can get their posters at Harv's for having their amiibo (I haven't been there myself...).

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

dividertabs posted:

This is my first time playing or even seeing AC. Yet I remembered this old Awkward Zombie comic about the campgrounds and it is still pertinent and it makes Fauna my #1 most wanted villager.

Who would do this to sweet, simple Sly

I gave him a muscle shirt and he had a happy meltdown

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ugh, trying to get an amiibo character to move to my island and they asked for a cardboard bed. :/

Kicking myself for always just selling the boxes.

I don't suppose anyone has a cardboard bed or boxes that they'd be willing to trade or sell to me today?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

stuffed crust punk posted:

Who would do this to sweet, simple Sly

I gave him a muscle shirt and he had a happy meltdown

I wasn't sure about Sly when I invited him but he's a delightful fellow.

Ribbot's eyes also glow in the dark - I'd love to find Sprocket or one of the other weird fake animals to go with him and Stitches.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Chris Pistols posted:

If the 30% chance is accurate and there really is no pattern, then 10k maximizes your payout.
https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Money_tree

an angry penguin
Oct 12, 2007

I saved a bunch of cute clothing designs made by other people. Can you not sell them in the shop? It only gives me the option to display my own designs (of which there are none because I suck at such things).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

an angry penguin posted:

I saved a bunch of cute clothing designs made by other people. Can you not sell them in the shop? It only gives me the option to display my own designs (of which there are none because I suck at such things).

Nope, if you want other people's designs in your shop they have put it in there themselves.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Blaziken386 posted:

do you just want him to show up at the campsite and be like "this island's groovy. would love someone to make me a hardwood table dig it"

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Going to try opening my town and just sit idle while I work. Hopefully my internet will stay stable.

Drake is making Golden Dung Beetle DIY he’s in the house closest to the river on the right hand side when you get off the plane.

Saharah is running around somewhere

Turnip prices are trash

No idea what Able Sisters has since its only 8am currently

Dodo code is: CLOSED

Edit: please don’t gently caress up my flowers. I’m working hard on them.

Happitoo fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 16, 2020

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Happitoo posted:

I wasn't going to, but now I really want to...

Edit: I would never lol.. but I can't even get a flight, keep getting interference :(

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 16, 2020

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

New Leaf posted:

I wasn't going to, but now I really want to...

Edit: I would never lol.. but I can't even get a flight, keep getting interference :(

Try it now. It might have been because I was sitting?

Edit: Looks like maybe just a whole bunch of people jumped into my town in the 15 minutes I went to take a shower :)

I'm going to try to leave it open until at least noon eastern time (assuming it doesn't gently caress up on it's own, or someone exits with - ). If I can I'm going to leave it going until 2:30pm. But either way there will hopefully be lots of time for people to get in and grab a dung beetle DIY or whatever.

Happitoo fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Apr 16, 2020

an angry penguin
Oct 12, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Nope, if you want other people's designs in your shop they have put it in there themselves.

Well that sucks. Time to get designing I guess.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
I commissioned a little piece from a local tattoo artist because they are all out of work and OMG it turned out so good!!!

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Turnips are 328
Nooks are selling a throwback gothic mirror and a cordless phone
Ables have some nice stuff, including samurai helmets.
Sahara is in town, with ringside wall and pyramide tile floor.

Help yourself to any fruit.
Everyone is welcome!

Dodo code: JY55M

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

All right. Turnips are going for 493 in Le BoneZone. I posted it in the Discord. Go there if you want in on this. Price is good for the next ~3 hours.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

I got 3 bags of 99,000 from one of my money trees

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Happitoo posted:

Going to try opening my town and just sit idle while I work. Hopefully my internet will stay stable.

Drake is making Golden Dung Beetle DIY he’s in the house closest to the river on the right hand side when you get off the plane.

Saharah is running around somewhere

Turnip prices are trash

No idea what Able Sisters has since its only 8am currently

Dodo code is: DWLY8

Nice town!

What the hell is that peach thing in your house?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

marchantia posted:

I commissioned a little piece from a local tattoo artist because they are all out of work and OMG it turned out so good!!!

This is awesome, holy poo poo

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I got 3 bags of 99,000 from one of my money trees

Yeah, there's a like a 30% chance burying more then 10k will return what you buried. Unless you never buried 99k, then I don't know what's up.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Nice town!

What the hell is that peach thing in your house?

Peach Surprise. It's a DIY had to build to get one of my first villargers. I don't know what the gently caress either. That and the bamboo doll confuse the poo poo out of me.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I feel bad for people who got Sprocket in their first 5 because his character-specific furnishings are incredible.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Happitoo posted:

Peach Surprise. It's a DIY had to build to get one of my first villargers. I don't know what the gently caress either. That and the bamboo doll confuse the poo poo out of me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momotar%C5%8D and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tale_of_the_Bamboo_Cutter respectively

Dekk
Aug 31, 2001
Just opened this up at 536 bells if anyone needs to sell. Come on by.

https://turnip.exchange/island/61310690

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
Saharah is in my town today (she escaped so not gonna bother trying to trap her anymore):

simple pink bath mat
black blocks rug
yellow kilim-style carpet
ivy wall
cloud flooring (YOU WANT THIS)

Kidd is crafting wooden low table.

The place is kinda a mess right now but feel free to look around.

https://turnip.exchange/island/ca6931ba

Fru Fru fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 16, 2020

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

Celeste is in my town and she gave me a recipe for the "iron wand" and it's just a goddamn lead pipe. It's almost 2am and everything's closed but in case anyone's interested, here ya go:

31D5J (SH)

I'm going to bed so it'll probably be open all night or until there's a connection error

BattyKiara posted:

Turnips are 328
Nooks are selling a throwback gothic mirror and a cordless phone
Ables have some nice stuff, including samurai helmets.
Sahara is in town, with ringside wall and pyramide tile floor.

Help yourself to any fruit.
Everyone is welcome!

Thanks! I dropped in and made enough selling turnips to pay off my second storey, plus I grabbed some cool dressups and a butterfly for my museum :)

LonelyMudkip fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 16, 2020

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

The hundred percenting a game in me is living in a hovel house, while i spend all my money buying every color of everything whenever the Able sisters open shop. Meanwhile my friends have paid off their house already.

Religious Man
Nov 28, 2010

Perfect God and Perfect Man

Dekk posted:

Left you a tip behind nook’s and a pair of purple windflowers by your house. I liked your island’s layout. Thanks!

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Gonna open up my island while I work.

Rodeo is making a Golden Dung Beetle. He's on the left side of the island in the dark house.
Able's has detective coats, Attus robes, school caps, ski masks, bubblegum etc.
Buy whatever you want from Nook!

Dodo: 5GC87

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

^^^^ all that poo poo sounds dope and i'm on my way! want anything in return?

Quixotic1 posted:

The hundred percenting a game in me is living in a hovel house, while i spend all my money buying every color of everything whenever the Able sisters open shop. Meanwhile my friends have paid off their house already.

it's a fine balance to walk

i've only been buying all colours of outfits that i think are stupid fly, i'll pick up the lame poo poo down the road

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Quixotic1 posted:

this makes me sad

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thexerox123 posted:

Ugh, trying to get an amiibo character to move to my island and they asked for a cardboard bed. :/

Kicking myself for always just selling the boxes.

I don't suppose anyone has a cardboard bed or boxes that they'd be willing to trade or sell to me today?

I wanted to hook yuo up but it turns out i have the recipe for large cardboard boxes, which themselves require small cardboard boxes

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Doctor Dogballs posted:

this makes me sad

You're telling me! Luckily today I'm on a mission to find a new villager since Portia is packing up to leave today, if anyone wants her.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Dekk posted:

My wife swung by and dropped off a Nook Island Ticket for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

runchild posted:

The stack from Chiko should be plenty for now, but thanks anyways!

Well, I’m a dummy, turns out I actually do need more yellow roses. I need to block off (hybrid) reds with yellows, not the other way around. So, I am once again asking for your financial support someone with yellow roses in their Cranny, or 6+ spare bags lying around.

I still super appreciate the stack from Chiko!