Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol magnificent, the fedex guy left my bbts order directly under the gutter drain without a rain shield, so it got soaked through. luckily I saw it was delivered and the actual contents didn't get completely soggy too, but still, what a dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
got everything out of the boxes and assembled and put in a group real slapdashedly on a table for now, gonna have to do some reorganizing in my display cases before I can get'em all properly set up so for now have this mess:

all told, was about ~$520 shipped for everything. I haven't bought any random bullshit for myself in a long time, like well over a year now, so I figured I'd splurge a little bit, and got a bunch of stuff I wanted for quite a bit less than the $850 the lot of it cost retail. The knight morphers were basically 3 for the price of 1, so I decided to just grab the entire set. The mindwipe is simple, but pretty neat! I don't know if I'll ever transform him, some parts feel a little flimsy, but the robot mode is great. This group is also the group of Pointy Bullshit, kept poking myself on all the sharp poo poo, you can definitely draw blood on a lot of these. And for some reason Leonidas's claw weapons are diecast, so they're ridiculously heavy for a couple of fist weapons.

I hope you picked up Xerxes, Rhyno, he's fuckin' phenomenal. Mine's got a bit of a loose torso joint though, I'll have to see if I can tighten that up a bit. But even with that he still stands up flawlessly, can hold his ridiculous buster sword out horizontally and his arm can support it, and his legs are just the tankiest. I didn't even realize he came with a stand, too, that's just fantastic.

edit: goddamn xerxes is so goddamn good, I am so glad I got it when I could. except for the torso joint being a little loose the rest of it is absolutely solid as a rock, moreso with that glorious stand.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 14, 2020

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
No idea how delayed Sheridan's going to be. I got a message that he was leaving the Shanghai hub, and Canada Post has some information. But ShowZ shipped him using their SAL-style large package service, which they say is now on hold. Best guess is he's waiting in an airport for the near future.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I should have bought Sheridan from TCP. I'm expecting all 3 of my recent purchases to be massively delayed.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

That massive oversized SS Blackout always seemed cool and since the world is ending I said gently caress it add to cart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

banned from Starbucks posted:

That massive oversized SS Blackout always seemed cool and since the world is ending I said gently caress it add to cart.

I have a $4800 limit on my Paypal credit card and if society falls I should really get a lot more new toys right?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

im not buying toys im buying future pallbearers for my eventual funeral and well...oversized robits can prob lift more thats my theory

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Lol if you haven't erected a pyramid to be buried in with all your toys when you die like a loving pharaoh

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Note here the Titan Returns Trypticon, its position clearly indicating it serves as the dead's guardian in the journey to the underworld."

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Tighclops posted:

Lol if you haven't erected a pyramid to be buried in with all your toys when you die like a loving pharaoh

My pyramid turns into a robot Sphinx.

And a space ship.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Sheridan in stock at TFSource; need suggestions for something for $60 so I don’t spend $5 on shipping like an irresponsible person

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I had some ok suggestions (MMC Hoist or Cosmos) or joke suggestions (one of the Fansproject Tittiesauruses for $40 plus anything you can find for 20, like G2 Combat Hero Siege Megatron) but then I saw

Fucken Big Convoy

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Phy posted:

one of the Fansproject Tittiesauruses for $40

Joke suggestion that it was I feel like I should drive home even more that no one should buy these. Even discounting the questionable design choices the ankles WILL break off eventually when transforming them. Even loosening the screws doesn't address it. Just read the reviews. I bought them out of a foolish completionism and boy what a mistake.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Are the Generation Selects Seacons available anywhere?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dawgstar posted:

Are the Generation Selects Seacons available anywhere?

They were on Hasbro Pulse until they all sold out, you'll have to go second hand at this point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They first four have randomly popped back into stock on Pulse a few times.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DisposableHero posted:

Joke suggestion that it was I feel like I should drive home even more that no one should buy these. Even discounting the questionable design choices the ankles WILL break off eventually when transforming them. Even loosening the screws doesn't address it. Just read the reviews. I bought them out of a foolish completionism and boy what a mistake.

Man, I didn't even know. I'm sorry your dinosaur robots broke. That is not me being sarcastic, when I find a crack in any of my transformers it kind of sours my evening.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Phy posted:

I had some ok suggestions (MMC Hoist or Cosmos) or joke suggestions (one of the Fansproject Tittiesauruses for $40 plus anything you can find for 20, like G2 Combat Hero Siege Megatron) but then I saw

Fucken Big Convoy

That’s a pretty good suggestion but I have one.

Maybe one of those non-transforming Astro guys?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
For some reason I've always thought the Nemesis version of that mold looks way better than the original Big Convoy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Magic posted:

Maybe one of those non-transforming Astro guys?
Yes do it

I'm currently having one holding xerxes's sword and it looks appropriately ridiculous but he's doin' it

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I'm looking into getting some Legends scale transformers. Is there a good resource on some of the 3rd party companies releases (specifically Newage)?

From what I can tell they haven't made an Optimus yet, but I'm not totally sure. Also, any good places to find older releases or should I resort to ebay?

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Phy posted:

Man, I didn't even know. I'm sorry your dinosaur robots broke. That is not me being sarcastic, when I find a crack in any of my transformers it kind of sours my evening.

Naw, it's fine. Just more a warning to anyone feeling completionist on that set.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I'm looking into getting some Legends scale transformers. Is there a good resource on some of the 3rd party companies releases (specifically Newage)?

From what I can tell they haven't made an Optimus yet, but I'm not totally sure. Also, any good places to find older releases or should I resort to ebay?

Personally I’d recommend Iron Factory for legends scale, but tracking down some of their past stuff can run pricey.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Personally I’d recommend Iron Factory for legends scale, but tracking down some of their past stuff can run pricey.

Hmm, okay. I'll give those a look. I've been going down the rabbit hole the past few days and there's so much 3rd party stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Hmm, okay. I'll give those a look. I've been going down the rabbit hole the past few days and there's so much 3rd party stuff.

Ain't that the truth. My want list is insane. And all kidding aside, I'm trying to keep my purchases to priority figures and not just random purchases. Like "this was on sale so i bought it" stuff.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Baba's eBay shop has them, I bought the "Tata," the taxi recolor of Ratchet from him. I can say that that figure is really really good, can't speak for the others since it's the only Newage I have.

The_Doctor posted:

Iron Factory is also very good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus posted:

Yes do it

I'm currently having one holding xerxes's sword and it looks appropriately ridiculous but he's doin' it

took some pictures of this in various poses, despite the awkwardness of the hilt(it has multiple pegs jutting out to plug into xerxes's hands which makes it difficult for apollo to hold it) he still does it with aplomb

I can't stop fiddling with this guy, he's so fun to play with! as a toy!!! 70 bucks is a steal for a figure this good

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Really wish I'd gotten the Lambros from IF, and their Powerglide looks way cooler than a Powerglide should.

I keep thinking I should grab Siege Sideswipe from wherever's really cheap for Canada, so that when Sunstreaker drops they can hang out.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I have Newage's Jazz (Manero) and it's fabulous. I have their Starscream on preorder now too, and have high hopes.

I have the Magic Square Legends-scale Optimus (MS-B18X) in my stack, as I'd heard good things about the regular-sized Magic Square Optimus.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Phy posted:

Really wish I'd gotten the Lambros from IF, and their Powerglide looks way cooler than a Powerglide should.

I keep thinking I should grab Siege Sideswipe from wherever's really cheap for Canada, so that when Sunstreaker drops they can hang out.
He was super cheap on amazon a while ago but by now you might be out of luck.

The IF Lambros are akin to most mid to late IF stuff where it's just "fine". I own the majority of their stuff and most of the more recent releases are just kinda there on the shelf. They haven't really improved as a company in years.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

He was super cheap on amazon a while ago but by now you might be out of luck.

Yeah, I remember, now he's up to a hair above retail. My bigger worry is that Hasbro pulls an Optimus/Smokescreen and releases an earth mode for him in a few months.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
They got me with the Selects already, now I'm just getting the ones I really, really want.

Their plan has backfired.

Sorta.

Kinda.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Yes do it

Yeah, very well might. I really dig that orange and gray and blue.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I like the IF Skorponok and Megatron a whole lot. Their Nova Prime was pretty eh. For Optimus, I think the Magic Square one is the best bet so far?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Magic posted:

Yeah, very well might. I really dig that orange and gray and blue.

I like the IF Skorponok and Megatron a whole lot. Their Nova Prime was pretty eh. For Optimus, I think the Magic Square one is the best bet so far?

IF's Megatron is amazing. Everyone is waiting for them to do a proper Optimus though. The one they've done so far is War Within and pretty eh, yeah.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jeez, earthrise Cliffjumper is pretty darn good. I like the plastic, he's v. solid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He is. I cant wait to see the inevitable Bumblebee remold.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Same. It’s exactly what I’m looking for.

I think I’m going to pre order the new Ultra Magnus if I don’t hear any updates about the Siege Nemesis Prime. Who am I kidding? I’ll probably get both anyways. Love me them truck boys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dont bother with that Netflix Magnus unless you can get it for retail. It's just a cape and a clear Rung, not worth the markup.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

An extra ten bucks isn’t bad. I like the gray on his unarmored form. I’ll definitely take some time to think about it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Thanks for the info everyone! This hole excursion started with me stumbling across the TFC Toys upcoming Rippersnapper, which was one of my favorites as a kid.

The backlog of IF stuff made me a bit wary of trying to get some of the older releases. So I wound up with Newage sort of by default. I also really like the simple cartoonish look of the new age stuff.

All in all I wound up picking up the Newage Jazz, Megatron, and Shockwave along with the TFC Toys Sinnertwin. I'm also probably going to wind up ordering the IF Heat Death and Honekumoki just because they look cool (were these actual transformers or just something IF made up?)

I'm going to have to kill collecting something else, because oh man...