Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I remember finding some of the older Play Arts at Toys R Us. Kingdom Hearts Cloud and Sephiroth. I also have Tidus, I think he came from TRU too? I remember getting AC Cloud + Bike for like, $70 I wanna say at a comic book store? Yeah they're prices have definitely gone up, but it looks like Amiami gives a decent discount for preordering them. Might just preorder Tifa and see how I feel about it in a couple months..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I have a play arts Arkham City 70s Batman and while it looks good by itself, it's such a weird scale that (IMO) it looks odd on the shelf next to everything else.

I've been trying to sell it for a while now and no one seems to want it either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The original Play Arts from ~2008 until ~2015 were like 8" average (1/9 scale.) They were around $30 when they launched and definitely looked like $30 figures.

Then they introduced Kai which started at the same size but were nicer figures and they were around $50.

Now they're roughly 10" (closest to 1/7 scale I guess?) and $150. They didn't jump direct though, they creeped up there.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Yeah it says they're 10" tall? That's kind of huge for that type of figure.

Edit: Also for game + Cloud + bike that seems like kind of a steal, relatively, but I don't actually own a Playstation... Apparently it might come out on PC after a year? Don't know if there will be an action figure edition of that.

Yeah the Daytona is less elaborate than the Fenrir that the AC Cloud comes with, but not like $100 (considering the $60 game) less.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

This amused me a lot. Unfortunately it's sold out. :(

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GI-Joe-Cob...=p2047675.l2557

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, all that work and he still didn't actually paint the Cobra symbol on the plate.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I knew I had that album.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
my BBTS order arrived(and was placed on the front step directly under a gutter drain, so the box got totally soaked through, great), got everything out of the boxes and assembled and put in a group real slapdashedly on a table for now. Gonna have to do some reorganizing in my display cases before I can get'em all properly set up so for now have this mess:

all told, was about ~$520 shipped for everything. I haven't bought any random bullshit for myself in a long time, like well over a year now, so I figured I'd splurge a little bit, and got a bunch of stuff I wanted for quite a bit less than the $850 the lot of it cost retail.

edit: I am obviously poo poo at photos and my phone is ancient so the camera is poo poo too, but seriously, that dude in the center of the group is insane. Perfect Effect Xerxes, he is unfortunately sold out now, but good lord what a beefy figure for something so lithe. He weighs like, a solid pound at least, and is packed full of diecast and gorgeous paint apps. The joints are some of the tankiest I've ever handled and he can hold his gigantic, hefty sword straight-armed out horizontally without it drooping. poo poo's nuts. the redesign to be a more technological animal rather than technoorganic is great too, the lion looks like a zoid. this is serious quality and I can't believe I got it so cheap. the stock images show him off much better than I can:

Fuzz posted:

They're actually made by Toy Notch and they are loving awesome. The jet/gun/spider bot pack is coming out soon, as well as Athena and Vulcan!
ah, my mistake. they're really neat, I dunno if I'm ready to pay the price of one of the figures for an accessory kit, but the figures themselves are rad as hell.

Zebulon posted:

Fun story, TruForce basically kickstarted paying Sentinel to design the actual figure for them and manufacture it. Sentinel has revived the line with a Megaman X in falcon Armor Riobot figure after TruForce did a few repaints of the original X figure then admitted they weren't going to get around to that Zero design in the same style. Unfortunately, that does mean paying Sentinel prices, but it's up for pre-order and looks pretty gorgeous. https://www.hlj.com/riobot-rockman-x-falcon-armor-ver-eiichi-simizu-set88042
that's cool. hopefully they do like, Zero, maybe Vile too.

davebo posted:

I knew I had that album.

lol that rules

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 14, 2020

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

davebo posted:

I knew I had that album.

I love this, especially as a librarian!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/toybroreviews/status/1250110593035632642?s=20

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

davebo posted:

I knew I had that album.

This rules a ton but I would love to see it say "Do We Decibel"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I remember finding some of the older Play Arts at Toys R Us. Kingdom Hearts Cloud and Sephiroth. I also have Tidus, I think he came from TRU too? I remember getting AC Cloud + Bike for like, $70 I wanna say at a comic book store? Yeah they're prices have definitely gone up, but it looks like Amiami gives a decent discount for preordering them. Might just preorder Tifa and see how I feel about it in a couple months..

Until this post I had completely forgotten I have Odin and Diablo from that old FF8 line somewhere at my parents house. I should try and dig those out when I can actually visit them again.

davebo posted:

I knew I had that album.

It always sucks when it's Matt's day to restock returns.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Until this post I had completely forgotten I have Odin and Diablo from that old FF8 line somewhere at my parents house. I should try and dig those out when I can actually visit them again

And until this post I could not even remember WTF those toys are, but I have them too. Been going through some old boxes and found those. Odin's head has snapped off; it's on a very fragile little double ball joint. Now on my list of stuff to repair.

I could swear I had his big ugly horse, too, but that has yet to resurface.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I have the Ultima Weapon from that line, the only reason was to get the sword to one day give to Cloud.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I cannot believe how massive the cloud + bike that comes in the FF7R super deluxe edition is. it's the size of a small dog. like, drat.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

How Wonderful! posted:

This rules a ton but I would love to see it say "Do We Decibel"

That’s too much pun. It’s perfect as is.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Captain Invictus posted:

I cannot believe how massive the cloud + bike that comes in the FF7R super deluxe edition is. it's the size of a small dog. like, drat.

Do you have a picture of it set up? This sounds dope as hell.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

sigher posted:

Do you have a picture of it set up? This sounds dope as hell.

I did not get one, unfortunately, but Maximilian Dood got...two, because square sent him one. He also got one of the bossest gifts I've ever seen someone get in a mailbag, a custom lenticular poster of aerith, tifa, and cloud, and his reaction is amazing, and the figuarts bit is right after the poster bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbox96S5aGc&hd=1&t=473s

direct link to the figuarts bit if you don't want to watch him lose his mind over the insane poster that I want

(Benny is his dog, and he classifies the bike + cloud as "one benny")

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That is much nicer than I expected. I regret not going all out and getting one. The game is amazing.

Anyone remember an action figure pack from the late 90’s that had all the main characters and a toad? May have been a Japanese import. I remember holding it in my hands, and ended up spending the money on some DBZ figures instead.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Open Marriage Night posted:

That is much nicer than I expected. I regret not going all out and getting one. The game is amazing.

Anyone remember an action figure pack from the late 90’s that had all the main characters and a toad? May have been a Japanese import. I remember holding it in my hands, and ended up spending the money on some DBZ figures instead.

Yup, pretty sure you're thinking of these figures. I think it came with Tifa, Cloud, Barrett and Aerith. Pretty sure Red, Vincent and Sephiroth were only sold in single packages.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Those are it! That was such an awesome year for toys. My local gaming store had all sorts of DBZ, Pokémon, and Megaman X imports, so I stopped buying WWF and Marvel figures, and went full weeb.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Open Marriage Night posted:

Those are it! That was such an awesome year for toys. My local gaming store had all sorts of DBZ, Pokémon, and Megaman X imports, so I stopped buying WWF and Marvel figures, and went full weeb.

Yeah it was, I think it was that trip or a similar trip that I picked up this completely badass thing too:

It has a holographic 007 on it but it doesn't take away from the watch itself.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Until this post I had completely forgotten I have Odin and Diablo from that old FF8 line somewhere at my parents house. I should try and dig those out when I can actually visit them again.

I have a FFX Bahamut figure somewhere around here, I've been meaning to get it out.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I used to use my parents’ ebay account to buy lovely knockoff DBZ/GT figures and G1 Transformers in terrible quality just because they were cheap and I was a dumb kid. That, clearance Star Wars at KB Toys, and expensive movie figures at Suncoast were the greatest things at the time.

Ah, 2000-2002 :allears:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I backed that spawn. I want that spawn. Give me the spawn! I want the spawn!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Yup, pretty sure you're thinking of these figures. I think it came with Tifa, Cloud, Barrett and Aerith. Pretty sure Red, Vincent and Sephiroth were only sold in single packages.

I have the Cloud from that set, which was sold on its own at some point. Nice little figure, for what it is.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I don't care about Spawn, they announced Warhammer figures a year ago and there's been no news since

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

They’ve also yet to put out or even show off any Star Trek figures since they did Kirk and that terrible Picard, and that was over 18 months ago.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Gripweed posted:

I don't care about Spawn, they announced Warhammer figures a year ago and there's been no news since

They showed prototypes at Toy Fair this year.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gripweed posted:

The one announced last year was a limited run Bandai/GW coop thing. They only made 9,000 and the preorder was held in the middle of last October, Bandai made a limited stock to sell at specialty stores but I don't imagine they'll be seen outside Japan. They were planned to arrive in the next month or two but that got all cocked up.

At Toy Fair two months ago they announced a full line done by McFarlane that would cover more than space marines and would have versions with and without paint apps so people can do their own.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 16, 2020

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Anyone else cop the new Mezco owned IP Baron Bends guy today? I’ve become obsessed with Gomez and I’ve got the Pink Skulls as well.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Captain Invictus posted:

I did not get one, unfortunately, but Maximilian Dood got...two, because square sent him one. He also got one of the bossest gifts I've ever seen someone get in a mailbag, a custom lenticular poster of aerith, tifa, and cloud, and his reaction is amazing, and the figuarts bit is right after the poster bit

direct link to the figuarts bit if you don't want to watch him lose his mind over the insane poster that I want

I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes of this, this guy made me want to punch him in the face. Why the hell do people subject themselves to that poo poo?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Captain Invictus posted:

gently caress me that's amazing, really god drat nice and not too bad on the price considering what you get. The poster is also sweet as hell too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fuzz posted:

I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes of this, this guy made me want to punch him in the face. Why the hell do people subject themselves to that poo poo?
because people like different things, and max is a great, enthusiastic guy. condolences

sigher posted:

gently caress me that's amazing, really god drat nice and not too bad on the price considering what you get. The poster is also sweet as hell too.
Yeah, it's really crazy good quality, the little things like the flip up display on the front of the bike is so pointless but neat. I dunno why it had to be so gigantic though, they could've made it half the size and people probably still would've gone apeshit for it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s part of the PAK line so it had to follow that scale I guess.

10 inch tall figures make for a very large bike.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Gann Jerrod posted:

They showed prototypes at Toy Fair this year.

yeah that's what I mean. They announced the line when they showed the prototype

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Yeah it was, I think it was that trip or a similar trip that I picked up this completely badass thing too:

It has a holographic 007 on it but it doesn't take away from the watch itself.

Cross post this baby over on the watch megathread!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Cross post this baby over on the watch megathread!

Link?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3520271

Fair warning, they give a lot of poo poo, but it's good natured.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Shinkocchou Seihou? I finally picked up my first one of that subline a month or two ago, Amazon.

God drat it’s such a good toy, I should’ve been collecting these from day one.