Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
yeah if you like VB and you haven't watched any incarnations of The Tick, you're missing out.

Also the new DuckTales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I think the Tick (cartoon) is was made me really enjoy VB.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Is it just me or is 5 the weakest season by a pretty significant margin? It’s not bad but I just finished it in my rewatch and coming off of S4 (probably my favorite season) it just feels kind of directionless. It doesn’t really have any episodes that really stand out, either.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I for one am a huge fan of SPANAKOPITA!!!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

bot seeks bot is also a lot of fun, but yeah s5's pretty easily the worst overall

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is it just me or is 5 the weakest season by a pretty significant margin? It’s not bad but I just finished it in my rewatch and coming off of S4 (probably my favorite season) it just feels kind of directionless. It doesn’t really have any episodes that really stand out, either.

What Color Is Your Cleansuit is one of my favorites, but maybe it just stands out to me because it was released for free and I watched it a bunch of times before I moved on to the rest of the season.

And wasn't Bot Seeks Bot the episode that introduced the Guild nightclub that showed up again a few more times? I felt like that did a lot to flesh out Guild villains as people who had lives outside the arching. But looking back I guess all the Malice gated community episodes did that much earlier.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

wizzardstaff posted:

What Color Is Your Cleansuit is one of my favorites, but maybe it just stands out to me because it was released for free and I watched it a bunch of times before I moved on to the rest of the season.

Ha, that’s the only episode I skipped. I think part of why I don’t like that one is that Aziz Ansari annoys the poo poo out of me. But it’s definitely my least favorite episode of the series.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Brother Entropy posted:

bot seeks bot is also a lot of fun, but yeah s5's pretty easily the worst overall

Fingers. Fingers.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
rear end to mouth!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ha, that’s the only episode I skipped. I think part of why I don’t like that one is that Aziz Ansari annoys the poo poo out of me. But it’s definitely my least favorite episode of the series.

I didn't find him annoying at the time, so it didn't bother me then. What annoyed me about that episode was that Dean found a girl that liked him and then they wiped her memory.

Was Season 5 when things started getting more serialized? I had just been watching the show as whatever and didn't realize a larger story was starting to take place. So it wasn't until after seeing All This and Gargantua 2 and then watching What Color is Your Cleansuit again that I realized that they were connected. When watching ATAG2, I was confused at first when Dean was talking about the students having four arms.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Which season was the one with .................. THE NOZZLE?

I'll admit, that bugged me because it seemed like they were trying way too hard to force a catchphrase

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

Which season was the one with .................. THE NOZZLE?

I'll admit, that bugged me because it seemed like they were trying way too hard to force a catchphrase

I think that was season 3 but it showed up again in 5.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What Color is Your Cleansuit is one of my top 5 episodes I had no idea some people didn't like it :psyduck:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

feedmyleg posted:

What Color is Your Cleansuit is one of my top 5 episodes I had no idea some people didn't like it :psyduck:

Yeah for real S4-5 is where the show hit its stride. Honestly there isn't a season I don't really like. A few episodes here and there but eh.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Eat the pennies

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Season 5 suffers from having both it's awesome finale and it's opener (the Halloween special) being lopped off.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i always forget gargantua 2 is technically the season 5 finale, not the season 6 opening

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Brother Entropy posted:

i always forget gargantua 2 is technically the season 5 finale, not the season 6 opening

I thought it was season 6. Isn’t it the reason S6 was so short?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

TK-42-1 posted:

Yeah for real S4-5 is where the show hit its stride. Honestly there isn't a season I don't really like. A few episodes here and there but eh.

Yeah I adore every season, though I admit that after 5 I'm less likely to revisit episodes just because they're so serialized that I feel like I have to watch the whole season to get the most out of it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I thought it was season 6. Isn’t it the reason S6 was so short?

It was written as the Season 5 finale but it ended up counting as technically Season 6 in episode orders or something weird like that.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

I hope you brought your rubbers

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nonexistence posted:

I hope you brought your rubbers

Don't improvise!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SeanBeansShako posted:

rear end to mouth!

rear end to rear end, my friend.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Qwuizboyeee

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Dimebags Brain posted:

It was written as the Season 5 finale but it ended up counting as technically Season 6 in episode orders or something weird like that.

They thought they were getting a standalone feature to cap off season 5 and then started working on season 6. Then they found out that Adult Swim was only paying for so many episodes, so it ended up eating up the resources for one of their season 6 episodes. Also, what's really lovely is that ATAG2 is a separate entry on Amazon. So when I bought season 6 because I didn't have cable, it didn't include it even though it was part of Season 6's budget. Though it looks like Hulu includes it as part of 6.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 16, 2020

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

bot seeks bot is probably my second favorite episode overall (first being victor echo november)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Just eat the drat pennies, Billy

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 16, 2020

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

So what? So you’ll poop pennies.

and then he’d have rear end pennies to asset dominance

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I love saying "Eat the pennies, quizboooooy"

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

For some reason "Who the hell is Jacqueline Onassis?" is a line that is burned into my brain.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Tatsuta Age posted:

bot seeks bot is probably my second favorite episode overall (first being victor echo november)

I have been blogging

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Season 5 definitely suffers from being like half as long as the one that came before it and also having to follow the absolute best episode of the show, Operation PROM.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Think it probably makes sense then that season 5 ends with the biggest status quo change the show has seen.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

I am Reverend posted:

Season 5 definitely suffers from being like half as long as the one that came before it
4 should definitely be counted as two seasons

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Think it probably makes sense then that season 5 ends with the biggest status quo change the show has seen.

Both the intended ending and the normal season ending make some pretty big changes.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Season 5 was the introduction of Saint Cloud as an actual character so it's automatically better than every season before it

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Doctor Reynolds posted:

For some reason "Who the hell is Jacqueline Onassis?" is a line that is burned into my brain.

Zha-kleen Onassis

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
All this season chat has me rewatching 4 and goddamn. What a season.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Cacafuego posted:

Zha-kleen Onassis

That was so funny. She looks so much like Jackie O, who exists in that universe, and is somehow oblivious to her existence and image. I like how Dr. Mrs. The Monarch even guesses that the celebrity on her card is her when she's given a pretty clear clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I love that the adult swim app has a marathon of VB running 24/7. I've been falling asleep to random episodes for over a year now.