Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

I'm pretty sure he's just calling the last 5% trash. Which, I can mostly agree with. Remove all the poo poo with the Whispers and I would be significantly happier with an already really good game (apart from the ending).

If they removed the whispers and just went about making remake with different stuff happening from the original would you be fine with it or is it just the time schenanigans that aren't your thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Harrow posted:

Side note I'm really glad they put a Jenova fight into this because this version of J-E-N-O-V-A is loving amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVpNkx2uXLY

I absolutely love how they have it build up and tease you with the full theme through each phase. It's really dark and imposing for a while, with bits of the J-E-N-O-V-A theme coming in and out but never quite reaching the big, iconic riff every FFVII player knows. Then the final phase starts and the synth riff hits and the piece does this sudden accelerando and it owns so hard. What an awesome way to use this theme.

The one thing I will absolutely give final fantasy as a series this console generation is that the soundtracks have been filled with loving BANGERS. The last expansion for 14 is straight up amazing on its soundtrack. https://youtu.be/ascfjJXDWjo

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Harrow posted:

Side note I'm really glad they put a Jenova fight into this because this version of J-E-N-O-V-A is loving amazing

I absolutely love how they have it build up and tease you with the full theme through each phase. It's really dark and imposing for a while, with bits of the J-E-N-O-V-A theme coming in and out but never quite reaching the big, iconic riff every FFVII player knows. Then the final phase starts and the synth riff hits and the piece does this sudden accelerando and it owns so hard. What an awesome way to use this theme.

J-E-N-O-V-A is one of my favorite video game tracks ever. I am such a hardcore stan for FF7 that I have beaten it no-joke more than two dozen times. I am the potentially-mad guy about changing that track.

And the FF7R version is superior in every way. Masashi Hamauzu is a goddamn wizard. I'm one of the six people alive who played and enjoyed SaGa Frontier 2 and I've loved his stuff since then, and while this take on J-E-N-O-V-A owes a lot to the original (ultimately the best part is when it becomes itself, in a way, and that tempo and hype goes from "oh, wow, cool" to "HOLY loving SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT") it's just so goddamn good.

This game's OST is loving unbelievably good.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

DrNutt posted:

If I had known I would have ordered that 7 disc limited edition Japan only soundtrack no matter the cost.

It's not available yet so you still may be able to!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Honestly I thought the Whispers were a bit too present earlier in the game, and if I have a problem with them it's that rather than the ending. I don't really have a good sense of why things were progressing differently this time in the first place, which they were trying to prevent, but I guess maybe we'll still see more about that later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL8wn7OUR20

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Jimbot posted:

It's not available yet so you still may be able to!

oh poo poo I thought it was sold out. gonna get on that email list and hope my stimulus check comes in soon!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

guts and bolts posted:

I'm one of the six people alive who played and enjoyed SaGa Frontier 2

:hfive:

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

This is already GotY, not just because it's a great game, but also for producing salty lakes of nerd tears. It's been so entertaining to follow after over two decades of annoying hardcore fans on the internet!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Harrow posted:

I genuinely got the biggest loving smile on my face when the last phase started for this reason.

I think my only "problem" with a track in this game was the Shinra theme. It's not bad at all, I still like it a whole lot, but it's missing the kind of...dirty, industrial feel the original one had in certain parts that helped make the original for me.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 16, 2020

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Flopsy posted:

If they removed the whispers and just went about making remake with different stuff happening from the original would you be fine with it or is it just the time schenanigans that aren't your thing?

A little of both.

Hell, one of my issues with the game is the <insert gif of Cloud banging on door with sword and then smash cutting to him flying through the air cutting buildings in half>.

I feel like in the 5%, the power scaling goes loving bananas in a bad way. One of my favorite things in OG FF7 was when you leave Midgar, you feel like you barely escaped with your life. Then the next thing you come across is a massive loving snake that can wreck your poo poo.

There is such a massive escalation at the end that it feels like it would be weird for everyone to become average again in the next game. They're already killing this transdimentional time arbiters.

The crazy thing about all of this is that FF7 isn't even my favorite FF game. Hell, I'd probably personally place it in the bottom half of FF games. I'm not some hardcore fan that has been holding a candle for Cloud. I just don't like the implications of the changes.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 16, 2020

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

NEVER FORGET GUSTAVE XIII

Luceo posted:

This is already GotY, not just because it's a great game, but also for producing salty lakes of nerd tears. It's been so entertaining to follow after over two decades of annoying hardcore fans on the internet!
My tastes are pretty eclectic in terms of what I like and what I will rate extremely highly, but in the last... five? years or more, my favorite games of all time list of... I dunno let's call it 25 has actually had to make room for some fairly recent releases (Persona 5, Sonic Mania+, Devil May Cry 5, NieR:Automata, Breath of the Wild, Insomniac's Spider-Man). Although I do my best to avoid hype trains and allow myself to digest media fully before I get dorky and start to consider where it falls in my personal canon, FF7R is instantly in the conversation for one of the best games I have ever played, and is probably ahead of all aforementioned titles excepting possibly DMC5 and Sonic Mania+.

I have never sat down and just completely inhaled a game like this in an extremely long time - not for such an uninterrupted time. It could be owing to having to work from home for quarantine and the social circumstances that have arisen as a result, but I'm unashamed to admit I have clocked eighty-two (82) hours in this game. I've beaten it three times! And I'm still playing it! Aaaaaaaaa

edit: not that this makes it any better per se but I also got my copy on the 8th instead of the 10th, I think because I got the Super Dee Duper Edition or whatever

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

A little of both.

Hell, one of my issues with the game is the <insert gif of Cloud banging on door with sword and then smash cutting to him flying through the air cutting buildings in half>.

I feel like in the 5%, the power scaling goes loving bananas in a bad way. One of my favorite things in OG FF7 was when you leave Midgar, you feel like you barely escaped with your life. Then the next thing you come across is a massive loving snake that can wreck your poo poo.

There is such a massive escalation at the end that it feels like it would be weird for everyone to become average again in the next game. They're already killing this transdimentional time arbiters.

Honestly my guess is the fact that everyone going insanely superhuman at that part is explicitly tied to them being in this extradimensional space, and they go back to normal as soon as they return to their normal world. That's how I'm reading it, anyway, given that the insanity only happens once they step through the portal and not a moment before.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I'm thinking with the next game they might do something at the start like expanding the Kalm/Chocobo Farm/Zolom stuff out like they did with parts of this game. Most of the later stuff doesn't really need expansion the way Midgar did if they wanted to make a whole game out of the Midgar stuff, because there's a lot there and you don't spend nearly as much time in any one place (Junon comes close once you add up multiple visits), but the various things between Midgar and the Mythril Mines actually would fit perfectly for a tutorial and exposition zone of some size;

Sidequests abound, help refugees from Midgar, go put down monsters mutated by nearby Midgar's mako bullshit etc.
You're preparing here for the marsh, which could mean getting a hold of a chocobo, or could alternatively mean training and preparing to fight the Zolom, which would be a pretty cool big impressive boss for Act 1.
Lots of opportunity during all this for exposition, character development, etc.. Rather than a single massive scene about Nibelheim you can have them talk about it in bits while they're out tracking down 4 Devil Ride asses or whatever, or split it into shorter scenes, etc.

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, I'm personally of the opinion that not much is actually going to change plot wise for the next part, excepting that all the Zack stuff seems to be a wild card at the moment.

Agreed, the Whispers did enough to put them in about the same situation now as they would otherwise have been and for at least until they hit Junon there's not much they could do which would change anything very much. Their circumstances are similar and their objective is still "Find Sephiroth/JENOVA and gently caress their poo poo up". Even if they manage to do something crazy like straight up assassinate Rufus (lol as if that would happen) the repercussions wouldn't play out for a good while. Outside of events at the Northern Crater/City of the Ancients, I don't know how much we'll see different until Nibelheim or even Wutai, and I'm only including the latter because they've been played up so much in this one in a way that suggests to me it's more than just Shinra propaganda.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Aye Doc posted:

now that Sephiroth has had some time to chill out and appreciate what being Dead As gently caress really means, maybe he's having second thoughts about this whole "follow Jenova to my demise" thingamajig. maybe he's gonna betray Jenova and help the gang save Aerith and the planet. the final battle is Cloud, Zack, and Sephiroth fighting Jenova's true form in a zone where time does not exist and she can be defeated forever. boy i bet the posts about that game would be really mad

gently caress, what an amazing idea. I would be 100% ok with this.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

A little of both.

They definitely went all out to make it a Final Fantasy endgame instead of the end of part 1, and I agree that playing it back to back with 2 and going back to being a low tier scrub again at the beginning of that one will be weird, but assuming there's no save transfers there will be a lot of that anyway. The other way of looking at it is that they gave people something to go omgwtf about so the last experience of this game (which may be the last we'll see of the series for 3-5 years, who knows) will feel like a big finale instead of just some plot threads left hanging.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 16, 2020

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

now that Sephiroth has had some time to chill out and appreciate what being Dead As gently caress really means, maybe he's having second thoughts about this whole "follow Jenova to my demise" thingamajig. maybe he's gonna betray Jenova and help the gang save Aerith and the planet. the final battle is Cloud, Zack, and Sephiroth fighting Jenova's true form in a zone where time does not exist and she can be defeated forever. boy i bet the posts about that game would be really mad

I know I've said that I don't want this to turn into Chrono Cross but if the very end of the last part involves going to the Edge of Creation and killing Jenova outside of time to end this once and for all that would be pretty rad

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

guts and bolts posted:

I have never sat down and just completely inhaled a game like this in an extremely long time - not for such an uninterrupted time. It could be owing to having to work from home for quarantine and the social circumstances that have arisen as a result, but I'm unashamed to admit I have clocked eighty-two (82) hours in this game. I've beaten it three times! And I'm still playing it! Aaaaaaaaa

This really came out at the perfect time when a lot of us could binge it like we were still teenagers at the same time we're nostalgia mining from when we were.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've never really looked at power progression in RPGs in that way. Like sure ideally you don't wanna be killing God in Act 1 of a game but I've always just viewed levels, skill trees etc. as an abstraction to make the combat more interesting while the characters themselves stay on the same level.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Ms Adequate posted:

I'm thinking with the next game they might do something at the start like expanding the Kalm/Chocobo Farm/Zolom stuff out like they did with parts of this game. Most of the later stuff doesn't really need expansion the way Midgar did if they wanted to make a whole game out of the Midgar stuff, because there's a lot there and you don't spend nearly as much time in any one place (Junon comes close once you add up multiple visits), but the various things between Midgar and the Mythril Mines actually would fit perfectly for a tutorial and exposition zone of some size;

Sidequests abound, help refugees from Midgar, go put down monsters mutated by nearby Midgar's mako bullshit etc.
You're preparing here for the marsh, which could mean getting a hold of a chocobo, or could alternatively mean training and preparing to fight the Zolom, which would be a pretty cool big impressive boss for Act 1.
Lots of opportunity during all this for exposition, character development, etc.. Rather than a single massive scene about Nibelheim you can have them talk about it in bits while they're out tracking down 4 Devil Ride asses or whatever, or split it into shorter scenes, etc.
Having Cloud's exposition dump in Kalm be the opening of FF7R-2 makes a shitload of sense. You recap a little of this game, explain that Cloud loving killed Sephiroth and somehow it didn't take, and then establish the raison d'etre for what you're doing in part 2. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Kalm->FFXII-style connecting zone or 3(mine? choco farm?)->Junon, and then it spins off in whatever direction may come.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

guts and bolts posted:

Having Cloud's exposition dump in Kalm be the opening of FF7R-2 makes a shitload of sense. You recap a little of this game, explain that Cloud loving killed Sephiroth and somehow it didn't take, and then establish the raison d'etre for what you're doing in part 2. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Kalm->FFXII-style connecting zone or 3(mine? choco farm?)->Junon, and then it spins off in whatever direction may come.

Yup, this is almost exactly what I think it'll be, at least structurally, including the overworld being turned into FFXII-style connecting zones. Starting part 2 in Cloud's Kalm flashback would be a great way to do a gameplay tutorial, too, since part 2 being a standalone game means they'll need to tutorialize things again just in case someone's jumping in.

Vino
Aug 11, 2010

guts and bolts posted:

What you are saying is significantly more true in the original. "Why are we chasing this guy?" is never really made clear until Cloud drops 2+ hours of exposition on you and even then it's tenuous. Having Sephiroth show up, loving kill Barret, and then dare the party to change Destiny serves as a valuable plot device - you are introduced to the actual bad guy of the game and everyone has a personal stake in the outcome. Would you have preferred they end the game on Motor Ball? Like... seriously?

Except that he didn't kill Barret, and the player doesn't have any reason for him stabbing Barret, and they all stand around for a few minutes and all agree they hate Sephiroth way before the Barret thing even happens.

Motor Ball isn't a great ending, a fight with Jenova would have been a better ending, I'd have been OK with either. They could have gotten away with it better had they actually talked about who Jenova is and said even a single word about who took her out of her container and why. What's a fight with Sephiroth supposed to lead to? Are we going to fight Sephiroth at the end of every episode? So Sephiroth is like whack-a-mole now?

guts and bolts posted:

I am not defending the idea that they could release trash and it would still make money, I am telling you that those are the facts. Regardless of how you feel about SW 8 and 9, they made money. Like, a shitload of money.

"I'm not defending the idea that they release trash and it still makes money, I'm just saying they released trash and it made a lot of money." Come on man

guts and bolts posted:

I've seen arguments from you and others about people who won't buy the sequels now because they've been LIED TO and BETRAYED and the reality is that I don't buy that one for a second. FF7's new sub-series is the closest you can get to a sure thing in terms of sales, so to suggest otherwise is specious, at best, and seems like a temper tantrum at worst.

From all of their marketing including trailers I expected the original with improvements to graphics mechanics and plot and I got that and was happy until the highway portal, at which point I got the in-game characters seeing the events of the original and saying "If we beat the final boss that won't happen." I don't know what else they can do to say "You're not getting a story that is anything remotely similar to the original from here on out." They're throwing out everything I've built an investment in over 23 years. Can you blame me if I'm not interested in sequels?

guts and bolts posted:

I think the dev team was trying to go for the idea that remakes don't have to be 1:1 recreations of classics with new graphics and voice acting.

I'm cool with Wedge and Biggs living, with a silly side mission to Jesse's mom's house, with new over the top silly villains, dancing in the honeybee, all good. It was mostly great. There were parts of it that I didn't like, but I was ready to boot it up again and start a new playthrough from the beginning.

I'm less good but still good with defeating destiny and going on a completely new plot. Just tell me what I'm getting into ahead of time. Their customer expectation management was their big mistake here.

Flopsy posted:

Is this Vino guy seriously calling the remake trash? Seriously? 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺?

Asema posted:

No you see he liked 95% of it and had a good time but gosh would you believe that the 5% just absolutely sent him into a blind rage that he not only destroyed his ps4 and controller but he has contacted the authorities AND his lawyer so that he can fight a legal battle with Square?

People ITT saying I said things I never said.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

FF12 travel makes the most sense. You are open roaming the world map, except the world is a bigger corridor than usual.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I never liked the idea that Sephiroth was completely evil, I always figured it was Jenova manipulation his body or just using it as a puppet. That's it's MO, it takes over things.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Oh man turning Seph into a playable ally would be amazingly stupid, yet also brilliant.

It's pretty funny (though understandable) none thought to actually just correct him about his big dumb misunderstanding, maybe take him to see Lucrecia so she can talk some sense into him.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Aerith getting corrupted and being the new boss of the games would be pretty funny too. Be careful what you wish for when you decide to alter destiny!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The general idea (as I took it) was that Sephiroth was baiting the party into killing Destiny. So he stabs Barret and goes "Alright, so save him then, hero."

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
can you just imagine what Midgarzolom is going to be like. there had better be some kind of chase sequence on a chocobo with it just wrecking poo poo on the way

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vino posted:

Except that he didn't kill Barret, and the player doesn't have any reason for him stabbing Barret, and they all stand around for a few minutes and all agree they hate Sephiroth way before the Barret thing even happens.

I figured his reason for killing Barret was that he knew it wouldn't stick. He knew the Whispers would undo it and the characters would see and understand just how on-rails their fates really are. It was a demonstration--he never intended Barret to stay dead because he knew he wouldn't.

That's also true on the meta level. That scene is there to remove all doubt about the role of the Whispers for us, the players, not to make us hate Sephiroth or believe the characters' motivations to stop Sephiroth.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If it turns out all the AVALANCHE members are still alive, it's going to start to feel like everyone's safe, and that's when they'll get you.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Chainclaw posted:

Avalanche / Local Florist / Lab Rat Dog / Up Your rear end was such a great moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3GQFC1K-kk&t=7777s

I'm glad they kept that scene in spirit, even if they relocated it from Rufus and lost Cloud and Tifa. It still blows that they got rid of Rufus making his big speech about controlling the world with fear though.

Luceo posted:

This is an intensely stupid and somehow more childish thing to say than any long winded posts.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So if Zack is alive again, what are the chances that, in his wounded/weakened state, he's more susceptible to Sephiroth's will than he once was? Maybe even more than Cloud is now? I wonder if part 2 will give us more of Zack's story through glimpses/flashbacks before he appears as a full-on Sephiroth puppet or something. Maybe he'll even be the body Sephiroth possesses to stab Aerith (if he does that at all this time).

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm glad they kept that scene in spirit, even if they relocated it from Rufus and lost Cloud and Tifa. It still blows that they got rid of Rufus making his big speech about controlling the world with fear though.

I'm really curious to find out what people who hadn't played the original think about Rufus. You're right, in this one it feels like they didn't really do anything to explain what's different about him.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Vino posted:

Motor Ball isn't a great ending, a fight with Jenova would have been a better ending, I'd have been OK with either. They could have gotten away with it better had they actually talked about who Jenova is and said even a single word about who took her out of her container and why. What's a fight with Sephiroth supposed to lead to? Are we going to fight Sephiroth at the end of every episode? So Sephiroth is like whack-a-mole now?
I... don't get what you're saying here. In the original FF7, the party essentially agrees to chase Sephiroth because that's what they're supposed to do for the plot to move forward. In this one he, uh, loving killed Barret, he absolutely did, and the Whispers explicitly bring him back to life/prevent him from staying dead. In terms of WWE-style protected finishers, getting stabbed by the Masamune has only been kicked out of once, and that's by John Cena Cloud. Impaled by Masamune = dead. And Barret and Red XIII never all say they hate Sephiroth before that? They mostly seem interested in murdering Hojo or blowing up the entire building they're in.

Having the party deal with Sephiroth directly establishes the stakes much more effectively than fighting Motor Ball and leaving. So.

quote:

"I'm not defending the idea that they release trash and it still makes money, I'm just saying they released trash and it made a lot of money." Come on man
Come on what? "GOOD LUCK GETTING DIE-HARDS TO BUY THIS GAME AFTER SUCH BETRAYAL" is your verbatim take. It is an asinine take. I'm not trying to go after you ad hominem, but my argument isn't that it's okay to release trash, it's that you can do that and still make money. FF7R as a sub-series failing financially is a near impossibility, my man. I'm sorry if you don't like that.

quote:

From all of their marketing including trailers I expected the original with improvements to graphics mechanics and plot and I got that and was happy until the highway portal, at which point I got the in-game characters seeing the events of the original and saying "If we beat the final boss that won't happen." I don't know what else they can do to say "You're not getting a story that is anything remotely similar to the original from here on out." They're throwing out everything I've built an investment in over 23 years. Can you blame me if I'm not interested in sequels?
I don't blame you for anything. You are fully entitled to your opinion even if I disagree with it, and if anyone thinks you're wrong for not enjoying FF7R that's stupid and pointless. Don't play the sequels if you don't want to; this game seems to make you quite angry, and there's nothing served by trying to force it on yourself or in me trying to convince you that you're defective and actually it's the greatest game everrrrrrr

What I'm trying to do is illustrate that a lot of what seems to have you annoyed is what worked for me. I think it's valuable to hear perspectives like yours in threads like these lest they become a "man that was so good!" "right??" "YEAH" circlejerk, and I appreciate that it can be difficult to try if everyone wants to dogpile you, but I cannot emphasize enough how much I disagree with your assessment of and reading of the events of the game, or how much I disagree with the reaction that this was a betrayal, a step back, or somehow a lie. FF7R is going for something you could argue is unprecedented in video games and that is a breath of fresh air during a time wherein we get more remakes than ever and they are expected to hew almost precisely to the original, but with new paint and physics engines. Compare FF7R and what they tried to do with RE3make, for example, and the difference is INCREDIBLY stark. And I love RE3make! But the scope of what Capcom has been doing with these remakes now seems absolutely pedestrian compared to what Square-Enix is risking with this game.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Vino posted:

They're throwing out everything I've built an investment in over 23 years. Can you blame me if I'm not interested in sequels?

yea i can kinda blame you for getting extremely overly boned up over the idea of a remake for apparently 23 years

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Chainclaw posted:

Avalanche / Local Florist / Lab Rat Dog / Up Your rear end was such a great moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3GQFC1K-kk&t=7777s

That was my favourite joke in the whole game.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well, Tseng might or might not have kicked out of the Stone Cold Masamune, but that whole scene in the original was very confusing

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If I didn't think there were going to be changes, there's no way I would have bought it day one. I always thought remaking FF7 was pointless since the original will always exist, and we can have new things instead of endlessly regurgitating things we used to like. This made it feel like there were actual stakes going in, since there were some pretty solid hints that there would be surprises along the way, and that definitely made it more inviting. What I enjoyed the most was just spending time in the world and with the characters though (I really liked the way the characters were fleshed out more a lot), so I get it if people feel like the former made it harder to enjoy the latter. Still, the changes at this point have been pretty minimal, so just take the parts you like for what they were and make up your mind about whether you want to play the sequels when the time comes.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

morallyobjected posted:

can you just imagine what Midgarzolom is going to be like. there had better be some kind of chase sequence on a chocobo with it just wrecking poo poo on the way

Gonna be funny seeing people upset that its going to be relocalized to midgardsormr

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I consider myself a big FF fan and VII is among my top 3. I would have been very happy with just a faithfull remake, but I'm even more hype for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Avalerion posted:

I consider myself a big FF fan and VII is among my top 3. I would have been very happy with just a faithfull remake, but I'm even more hype for this.

Seriously. This might go down as one of my favorite Final Fantasy releases ever.