Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
People are already starting to get angry with this lock down. Gov Evers of Wisconsin just announced an extension to May 26th and people are mad. They don't understand that what we are doing is working, and so instead of YAY IT'S ALL OVER we need to continue this until we can get this under control.

More unrest is coming and coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

People are already starting to get angry with this lock down. Gov Evers of Wisconsin just announced an extension to May 26th and people are mad. They don't understand that what we are doing is working, and so instead of YAY IT'S ALL OVER we need to continue this until we can get this under control.

It's totally understandable. People are not used to this. Most people aren't used to not licking all their relatives' assholes at least once a week.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Who's to stop Trump listeners from listening to him? Let them eat cake.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fenarisk posted:

Just open up the gyms and haircut places again for essentials only, that's all I really want.

I liked how that one maga chud old lady tipped her head down to show the grey roots, just do it your self dumb rear end.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

All I want is for the gov't to airdrop me some weed, it's been 5+ weeks since I've smoked and my dreams have become so vivid it's like I'm living an alternate life at night.

Covid-19 exists in the dream world too so it's not like it's an escape. There's also human looking robots that beat regular humans to death.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

popewiles posted:

All I want is for the gov't to airdrop me some weed, it's been 5+ weeks since I've smoked and my dreams have become so vivid it's like I'm living an alternate life at night.

Covid-19 exists in the dream world too so it's not like it's an escape. There's also human looking robots that beat regular humans to death.

no delivery where you live?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
speakeasy but for haircuts + weed

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

boar guy posted:

no delivery where you live?

Unfortunately I no longer live in a state where it's legal, though it very recently became decriminalized. I used to buy from a dealer in a neighboring legal state, but I moved closer to work a few months ago so it's like an hour journey each way. I'd also rather avoid interacting with him at this point since I have no clue how many face to face interactions he's having regularly.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Jeza posted:

People are beyond delusional if they think that lockdown won't see some form of easing in the next few months. If you think countries will remain in this stasis for 2 years or more you simply have no grip on reality.

About half the people in this thread have said we are all baby/grandparent killers if we aren't willing to isolate for 2 years.

But goons having a perverted view of reality is par for the course.

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002
Here to blow my own horn.

It's basically Y2K 2.0

Every idiot with a red hat is saying "see it's not soo bad" not recognizing all the very hard work and sacrifice that's got us to this point. The whole point of this curve flattening/bending/distancing is to slow the spread so you can cope with the impact. If you do it right, people say that wasn't so bad. The second you don't though, millions of people die.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

coronavirus posted:

About half the people in this thread have said we are all baby/grandparent killers if we aren't willing to isolate for 2 years.

I don't think I'd jump to call goons separated from reality where you've been straight up ignoring evidence from goons about HCQ since it doesn't fit your worldview yet you still accept the words of Trump, a known expert in medicine.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

OMFG FURRY posted:

speakeasy but for haircuts + weed

We can call it Great Clips.

Is that taken?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

people's give-a-damns are definitely wearing thin

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Just lol if you are to bitch made to cut your own hair. I'm sporting an end of the world Mohawk right now. Who cares what ya look like

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: if I have to cut my own hair I'm going with a mohawk too.

KennyG posted:

It's basically Y2K 2.0

Every idiot with a red hat is saying "see it's not soo bad" not recognizing all the very hard work and sacrifice that's got us to this point. The whole point of this curve flattening/bending/distancing is to slow the spread so you can cope with the impact. If you do it right, people say that wasn't so bad. The second you don't though, millions of people die.

Yeah and they absolutely will not care. They'll say "See it wasn't so bad this whole time!" They will say that. While completely ignoring the fact that it's not so bad because of everything we did, and are doing.

Basically, if things work out well, they'll freak out and get angry. And if things continue to get worse, they won't care and the covidiots will still want to open the country.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Saalkin posted:

Just lol if you are to bitch made to cut your own hair. I'm sporting an end of the world Mohawk right now. Who cares what ya look like

I’m experimenting with looking like poo poo while I can.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

We've destroyed people's attention spans, legit

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im gonna cut my hair on friday

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Yeah and they absolutely will not care. They'll say "See it wasn't so bad this whole time!" They will say that. While completely ignoring the fact that it's not so bad because of everything we did, and are doing.

Basically, if things work out well, they'll freak out and get angry. And if things continue to get worse, they won't care and the covidiots will still want to open the country.

Reposting from a few pages back

https://twitter.com/gdinwiddie/status/1250130371242582016?s=20

Also this is my first time hearing "covidiots" and I love it

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Rolo posted:

I’m experimenting with looking like poo poo while I can.

Hell yeah!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Rolo posted:

We can call it Great Clips.

Is that taken?

We don't want too much traffic from people who aren't 'in the know' so lets just call it Average Clips.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Don't worry, the people that celebrated eastern in churches will become super spreader.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fenarisk posted:

Just open up the gyms and haircut places again for essentials only, that's all I really want.

Same but not for the reasons you might be thinking.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Corona Crew Cuts are the new style. Don't want any nasty rona getting in your filthy hippy hair. I cut my hair like 3 weeks ago and just did it down to a 1/4 an inch, way too short, but I had really long hair so it was way faster to just go as short as I could stand.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

coronavirus posted:

It doesn't matter what we want. This virus has our civilization by the balls, it dictates when and how we come out of isolation. There is no scenario where we get to do this on our terms. We can come out of isolation if we want, but it will not go the way people think it will. You're eating up propaganda, don't be willing to die for capitalism.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Shaocaholica posted:

Who's to stop Trump listeners from listening to him? Let them eat cake.

I dunno.

What IS bad about encouraging 35+% of the population that still approves of him to flood public areas while still sick with the plague?
Can YOU think of any reasons that might be bad?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Any idiot can infect 5 random people as well as the next guy

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

I dunno.

What IS bad about encouraging 35+% of the population that still approves of him to flood public areas while still sick with the plague?
Can YOU think of any reasons that might be bad?

The spread of the virus is great enough that a lot of innocent people will get sick as well. And remember, at least right now there is no guarantee that our bodies are building anti-bodies to this virus. There is evidence to suggest most people can be re-infected, and there are at least 31+ different strains of COVID-19 out in the wild.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

I said come in! posted:

It also didn't help that there was a lot of miss information about how this virus only kills the elderly and those with disabilities.

Misinformation? The overwhelming percentage of fatalities are the elderly and especially the elderly with pre-existing conditions.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

popewiles posted:

Order grow equipment and seeds with your trumpbux. Then you're only 3-5 months away from your own supply.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

coronavirus posted:

Misinformation? The overwhelming percentage of fatalities are the elderly and especially the elderly with pre-existing conditions.

It has killed young healthy people as well, so this really doesn't matter. It's not really worth the risk to see if you're going to have complications or not.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

It has killed young healthy people as well, so this really doesn't matter. It's not really worth the risk to see if you're going to have complications or not.

Obviously it matters. It killing mostly the elderly is actually a boon to economy. If it killed mostly young people like the spanish flu it would destroy the economy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nurge posted:

Obviously it matters. It killing mostly the elderly is actually a boon to economy. If it killed mostly young people like the spanish flu it would destroy the economy.

That is incredibly untrue. Old people are consistent spenders and a significant portion of the consumer economy.

Also a quarter of the workforce is over 55.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

That is incredibly untrue. Old people are consistent spenders and a significant portion of the consumer economy.

Also a quarter of the workforce is over 55.

They do not work. Jesus christ. Their money is completely irrelevant. That money is getting spent no matter who does it. They are not in the workforce.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nurge posted:

They do not work. Jesus christ.

Well apparently young people can't read.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

numberoneposter posted:

It's your third time with the disease since April and this time it's worse, much worse than the last time and that left you breathless for a month. Maybe you got it in line for that soup kitchen, maybe from that time you visited your mother at her house before she was collected. Certainly wasn't work since they shuttered all US operations two months ago, after they couldn't sustain a workforce.

The hospital went bankrupt last month and the borders out of the state have checkpoints and razor wire so there's no where to go, the winter is coming and you think to yourself..

"well my give-a-damns were wearing thin"

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

Well apparently young people can't read.

WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THE WORKFORCE IS OVER 70 YOU DUMB loving PIECE OF poo poo? THAT'S WHAT OLD MEANS

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

I said come in! posted:

You are more likely to die as a person under 65 by driving to work than by getting COVID-19. There are risks in society. People shouldn't be paralyzed by fear of getting COVID as a young,healthy person. You should however be very concerned with getting it and not isolating and killing immuno-compromised or elderly family and friends.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nurge posted:

WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THE WORKFORCE IS OVER 70 YOU DUMB loving PIECE OF poo poo? THAT'S WHAT OLD MEANS

15% of people in their 70s are employed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

15% of people in their 70s are employed.

We don't all live in america you stupid poo poo.