Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Lodin posted:

Look at this nice man, can you guess what he wants?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE6B9Mmvpyo

I was hoping this was a challenge to see if pastors could spell the word "stimulus", left disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!
Welp, my fellow gooners, it's finally happened. My goddamn mother's communal house is apparently under some level of pandemic-time scrutiny (though the specific nature of that scrutiny she herself does not seem to know), and as a result, the elders there have been divvying up the kids to send to houses outside of their property. I guess in case there's a CPS issue or something?

So now, mid-apocalypse, I have been saddled with a dumb ten year old with filthy hands and no common sense and apparently no family within the state that isn't currently living at the communal facilities. His first day here he was touching goddamn everything, so I've sat aside four pairs of nitrile gloves for him to use that we rotate day to day. He takes off the old ones when he wakes, we put them into their respective drawer, and we check off and move to the next day's.

https://i.imgur.com/W74CMw9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NWv6Kbq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3RoaWNp.jpg

Because those religious fanatic nutsos like to keep kids in the dark, I had to explain to him that likely every adult he knows will be dying within the next 2-3 years (whether of the virus itself, starvation, or the impending revolutions and riots), but that we could at least extend every meaningful person's respective lifespans a little bit by following basic loving common sense procedures.

And he's been good at that for the most part, admittedly. He cried a lot the first few days or so, but he seems pretty content to just lay around within the guest room now. He does keep asking about masks. We have two n90 masks that my cousin and I use about the house through most of the day (typical boomer uncle refuses to wear one except for when we send him out for groceries), and a loving gigantic stockpile of them we bought in February. Our mid-day rotationals have been hung up and had a warning sign placed above them so his grubby little mitts know to lay off.

https://i.imgur.com/2omXfIN.jpg

I still hate having a potential contagion in the house, but mom's gonna be cutting a check at the end of the month for us so it's whatever. Uncle has some recurrent cardiac issues, and I love him to pieces, but if he croaks, I'll finally be getting the bedroom with the en suite bathroom, limiting my chances of getting infected or, conversely, infecting the others.

I will say that reading this thread has at least made me happy to know I'm in good company. Stay safe, goons!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

idiot judges across the country have been releasing all kinds of dumbshit cretins into the wild for weeks now because of the pandemic

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

That's the second one I've heard of a right wing dude trying to blow something up due to the virus. The first guy got shot down.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

VikingSkull posted:

idiot judges across the country have been releasing all kinds of dumbshit cretins into the wild for weeks now because of the pandemic

Wanna point in that article where he was released due to the pandemic?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Obeah posted:

I still hate having a potential contagion in the house, but mom's gonna be cutting a check at the end of the month for us so it's whatever. Uncle has some recurrent cardiac issues, and I love him to pieces, but if he croaks, I'll finally be getting the bedroom with the en suite bathroom, limiting my chances of getting infected or, conversely, infecting the others.

I will say that reading this thread has at least made me happy to know I'm in good company. Stay safe, goons!

What the gently caress

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wanna point in that article where he was released due to the pandemic?

https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1250875055174647808

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Obeah posted:

Because those religious fanatic nutsos like to keep kids in the dark, I had to explain to him that likely every adult he knows will be dying within the next 2-3 years (whether of the virus itself, starvation, or the impending revolutions and riots),

Umm, that seems like a gigantic over estimation, but even if its true maybe don't tell kids that fun fact.

edit: wait I am totally getting whooshed and this is a copy / paste from reddit or 4chan right?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Obeah posted:

Welp, my fellow gooners, it's finally happened. My goddamn mother's communal house is apparently under some level of pandemic-time scrutiny (though the specific nature of that scrutiny she herself does not seem to know), and as a result, the elders there have been divvying up the kids to send to houses outside of their property. I guess in case there's a CPS issue or something?

So now, mid-apocalypse, I have been saddled with a dumb ten year old with filthy hands and no common sense and apparently no family within the state that isn't currently living at the communal facilities. His first day here he was touching goddamn everything, so I've sat aside four pairs of nitrile gloves for him to use that we rotate day to day. He takes off the old ones when he wakes, we put them into their respective drawer, and we check off and move to the next day's.

Because those religious fanatic nutsos like to keep kids in the dark, I had to explain to him that likely every adult he knows will be dying within the next 2-3 years (whether of the virus itself, starvation, or the impending revolutions and riots), but that we could at least extend every meaningful person's respective lifespans a little bit by following basic loving common sense procedures.

And he's been good at that for the most part, admittedly. He cried a lot the first few days or so, but he seems pretty content to just lay around within the guest room now. He does keep asking about masks. We have two n90 masks that my cousin and I use about the house through most of the day (typical boomer uncle refuses to wear one except for when we send him out for groceries), and a loving gigantic stockpile of them we bought in February. Our mid-day rotationals have been hung up and had a warning sign placed above them so his grubby little mitts know to lay off.

what the gently caress

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Oh duh I didn't read the second tweet, just the article where they got his DNA in 2011.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

what the fuckkkkk

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

lol "those people wont even tell this kid that everyone he has ever known will die, what a bunch of psychos"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Antisemitism loving sucks and it's really loving pervasive

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

VikingSkull posted:

I mean yeah for years there've been people raising issues with how Trump & Friends have been shoving out judges nationwide and replacing them with racist sympathizers and other conservatives. This was one of the concerns. It's a feature, not a bug.

Speaking of, when are we reopening? I thought he was supposed to declare victory or something at 6.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Obeah posted:

Uh communal house? And good job on getting your own bathroom weirdo

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Lodin posted:

Look at this nice man, can you guess what he wants?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE6B9Mmvpyo

Isn't he one of the multi-millionaire evangelists who wouldn't qualify for a cheque because he makes too much? How did he donate his?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hazo posted:

Speaking of, when are we reopening? I thought he was supposed to declare victory or something at 6.

It's over we're open for business again!

I'm in a movie theater right now getting a hj from a stranger. Proud to be an American!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Your mom? Dead. Your dad? Dead. Grandma? loving DEAD. Starved to death. Uncle, dead. Your best friends are dead.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Hazo posted:

I mean yeah for years there've been people raising issues with how Trump & Friends have been shoving out judges nationwide and replacing them with racist sympathizers and other conservatives. This was one of the concerns. It's a feature, not a bug.

Robertson, Katherine A.
Born 1953 in Princeton, New Jersey
Federal Judicial Service
Magistrate Judge, U. S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
First appointed to the Court January 6, 2015

:thunk:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Someone I know just recovered from COVID-19 less than a week ago, they are being told they have to go back to work at their small cafeteria in an assisted living home. :eyepop:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Internetjack posted:

If anyone feels the need to be a goony pedant, check out this sign:

I'm not a stickler for feet and inches, but a poorly done diagram is simply inexcusable!

My question is why is there a person lying in the grass behind the sign and nobody seems to care? White hair, grey top dark pants, you can see the soles of the shoes ...

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!

Burt Sexual posted:

Uh communal house? And good job on getting your own bathroom weirdo

It's basically how it reads: a commune/farmer's market my mother lives at. They explore a specific branch of paganism that most mainstream religions shy away from. This kid would be waking up at the crack of dawn and helping tend to crops if there weren't a plague on, so I'm sure he's seeing this as quite the vacation.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Hopper posted:

My question is why is there a person lying in the grass behind the sign and nobody seems to care? White hair, grey top dark pants, you can see the soles of the shoes ...

Most people try not to bother the photographer but i like to think they are very concerned while also maintaining good distancing

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Hazo posted:

That judge is an Obama appointee.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

sweet thursday posted:

Your mom? Dead. Your dad? Dead. Grandma? loving DEAD. Starved to death. Uncle, dead. Your best friends are dead.

stop crying or I won't let you use my new shitter

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hazo posted:

remember when Trump commuted the sentences of a bunch of evil corrupt fuckers? These assholes don’t need a pandemic as an excuse to do heinous poo poo.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/18/us/politics/trump-pardon-blagojevich-debartolo.html

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah after i told this kid everyone he cares about is gonna die he wouldnt stop crying for 2-3 days but hes good now

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Hopper posted:

Read the thread man. He's obviously doing yoga whilst staying 6 feet from an imaginary dot.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Obeah posted:

I had to explain to him that likely every adult he knows will be dying within the next 2-3 years (whether of the virus itself, starvation, or the impending revolutions and riots)

If this is literal I am pretty sure this qualifies as emotional child abuse.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hopper posted:

He’s either resting or homeless or both. Why do we care?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Isn't that the sock monkey guy?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Pick posted:

Isn't that the sock monkey guy?

the dead homeless guy, the antisemitic bomber or the childhood death merchant?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The finger blasting sock monkey guy. That's like my favorite post ever made.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
this page is the weirdest page in the whole thread

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Obeah posted:

This post reads like you absolutely, definitely should not be in charge of another human being for any length of time.

Does that say "The Boy"? What the actual gently caress.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

There Bias Two posted:

This post reads like you absolutely, definitely should not be in charge of another human being for any length of time.

Does that say "The Boy"? What the actual gently caress.

Jeez will you guys lay off Kratos already. He's doing the best he can in difficult circumstances.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Obeah posted:

Perfectly normal.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
the best part is the last line where he's just like "I've finally found a place to post among friends"

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Obeah posted:

WTF. You should just go ahead and call CPS. They can go ahead and put the kid in therapy since he now thinks he's going to be living in a wasteland made up of children with adult corpses covering the landscape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

VikingSkull posted:

the best part is the last line where he's just like "I've finally found a place to post among friends"

lol