Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

https://twitter.com/dougducey/status/1250928985317371905?s=20

https://twitter.com/SenMcSallyAZ/status/1250900271082995712?s=20

gonna be normal v soon in my state :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Horrible day at the grocery store. We had a bunch of rules on customer conduct to make things safe, but a few customers complained about the restrictions. So head office repealed these restrictions, its just a free for all now. Total chaos, no one knows what to do, morale plummeted. Even the store's second is openly talking about how the company is putting profits ahead of our safety. Someone brought up a walkout, but generally people need to work to survive.

Had a boy and girl come in today that couldn't be more than 6 and 10, telling us they were 10 and 14 (I work with kids a lot normally, they were not as old as they said), said they had to go for groceries alone, in PJs, because their whole family was sick and no one else could go. I dealt with them, and got management involved, as it sounded horrific. I was assured something would be done, but I later saw them walk out with bags of junk food. Another employee told me they helped them shop and pay, and then we just let them walk out of the store and walk home alone. Can't believe that was allowed to happen. The whole situation sounded hosed.

Just kinda haunting me right now.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Is that Roy Moore on the left?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Queen corona demands the whole world stop. Look at all these dead boomers around you. face your death. You have nothing to lose. You know the truth deep in your heart You're already dead.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the us can maintain world global hegemony but running a testing site 2000 miles from dc is too much

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Virigoth posted:

is this Kahn’s? I need some liquor and they are right down the street. might get some donuts on the way.

Big Red, it's all we've got here in Bloomington. No idea about Kahns

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
This is definitely a headline in 2020.

I'm gonna be unemployed for so loving long now.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

SKULL.GIF posted:

Over the past four weeks there is a consistent pattern of new cases being the lowest on Sunday/Monday, and escalating across the week with Friday being the peak before dropping down on the weekend.

the people that collect that data go home on the weekends, poo poo piles up and it takes all week to dig out.

anyone tying to infer anything from data being published is going on a fool's errand

the actual peak is not going to be something where you can precisely measure and see it coming or know it's passed. we're going to find out the actual peak in like 2 years when we've collected all the data and gotten a good look at it. people F5 refreshing charts all day and then sceaming 'mah gawd, look we passed the peak!' are morons

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

what the gently caress is he talking about

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

is this the antiviral with serious side effects

quote:

That being said, about 25% of patients receiving it have severe side effects, including multiple-organ dysfunction syndrome, septic shock, acute kidney injury and low blood pressure. Another 23% demonstrated evidence of liver damage on lab tests.

severe is an understatement

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Magic Underwear posted:

my favorite part of the ihme model is the way the uncertainty goes down over time until it hits 100% certainty of 0 deaths on June 1st. similar to how my weather man predicts it could snow or reach 100 degrees in the next four hours, but four weeks from now it will be exactly 68.8 degrees with 100% certainty

lol sometimes i use an online fourteen-day forecast for my city and i swear the last five or six days every time is just regression toward the seasonal mean

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The big land crabs in any non-beach environment are inherently funny.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mod sassinator posted:

anyone tying to infer anything from data being published is going on a fool's errand

mod sassinator posted:

the people that collect that data go home on the weekends, poo poo piles up and it takes all week to dig out.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0

quote:

One, nothing wrong with me
Two, nothing wrong with me
Three, nothing wrong with me
Four, nothing wrong with me
One, something's got to give
Two, something's got to give
Three, something's got to give now

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/NFUDC/status/1250821256187973639?s=20

ahahahahahahah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

paperwind posted:

This is definitely a headline in 2020.

I'm gonna be unemployed for so loving long now.

Hawaii was identified as one of the states most vulnerable to a CV economic crash due to being a tourism focused economy.

In know here in Orlando 26% of the jobs are vulnerable to be downsized.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Schnorkles posted:

if the data looks promising from the critical trial there is going to be such political pressure to wave remdesivir through the approval process even if the study isn't sufficient and thats kinda worrisome

don't get your hopes up for remdesivir, it is one of the hardest chemicals to produce. it took a team of 7 organic chemists (and many lab people) something like three weeks to make one gram of it. that's one dose for one person. the costs for it will be astronomical

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

USA team healer is symmetra confirmed

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Omnicarus posted:

Is that Roy Moore on the left?

Possibly, his lawyer was the one representing the pastor of that church and the lawyer also has the roni.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

soleimani, in spectator mode, rolling his eyes

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gently caress yeah roni my lungs and roto my rear end

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Lady Militant posted:

Sweden is eating poo poo in such an incredibly spectacular way lmao, what were those loving dipshit nords thinking???

I enjoy Sweden claiming to have less cases than Austria, but over three times the deaths.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Have we hit a 9/11 worth of deaths in the US in one day yet?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Virtual Russian posted:

Horrible day at the grocery store. We had a bunch of rules on customer conduct to make things safe, but a few customers complained about the restrictions. So head office repealed these restrictions, its just a free for all now. Total chaos, no one knows what to do, morale plummeted. Even the store's second is openly talking about how the company is putting profits ahead of our safety. Someone brought up a walkout, but generally people need to work to survive.

Had a boy and girl come in today that couldn't be more than 6 and 10, telling us they were 10 and 14 (I work with kids a lot normally, they were not as old as they said), said they had to go for groceries alone, in PJs, because their whole family was sick and no one else could go. I dealt with them, and got management involved, as it sounded horrific. I was assured something would be done, but I later saw them walk out with bags of junk food. Another employee told me they helped them shop and pay, and then we just let them walk out of the store and walk home alone. Can't believe that was allowed to happen. The whole situation sounded hosed.

That really sucks. :smith:

:glomp:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

what in the world

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

don't get your hopes up for remdesivir, it is one of the hardest chemicals to produce. it took a team of 7 organic chemists (and many lab people) something like three weeks to make one gram of it. that's one dose for one person. the costs for it will be astronomical

I’m a chemist and I’m gonna confidently assert that if the entire US pharma industry is working on new process scaling routes to that drug and the US congress and federal reserve give carte blanche to both funding of research into it and its production and prescription, then, availability here will not be a problem later in 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Virtual Russian posted:

We live in a demonic hell country

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

If you really think about it there isn't really enough people dead. You think I have bloodlust?

"OPENING UP AMERICA AGAIN"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gripweed posted:

Have we hit a 9/11 worth of deaths in the US in one day yet?

We came very close yesterday with +2615, but, no, not yet.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

*if they are healthy

rolls coal all day and eats nothing but 99% sodium tv dinners

Bad news is that white 45-65 year olds (i.e. the ones that are CHUDS) are healthier than non-white 45-65 year olds. Racism, classism, and other systems of opression have a funny way of working like that.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This is the guy telling people to give their stimulus checks to Evangelical leaders right?

Yeah it is https://youtu.be/WE6B9Mmvpyo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'll ask again tomorrow

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
i think they all do that

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

SKULL.GIF posted:

So the second wave being worse than the first wave is definitely locked in now huh

Every Bama home game alone is going to be linked to high-triple digit deaths.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
live free or die

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Zotix posted:

This is the guy telling people to give their stimulus checks to Evangelical leaders right?

Yeah it is https://youtu.be/WE6B9Mmvpyo

Yeah they all do that it doesn't matter to them how poor their base is they will milk them for every penny they are in my opinion the worst loving people on this planet of Earth

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Virtual Russian posted:

You tellin me if I get coronavirus I get a complimentary party size bag of doritos?

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

etalian posted:

Hawaii was identified as one of the states most vulnerable to a CV economic crash due to being a tourism focused economy.

In know here in Orlando 26% of the jobs are vulnerable to be downsized.

The great irony. Hawaii is the easiest place on Earth to stop a pandemic, but the most vulnerable to a shutdown on travel.

In a just world, the West Coast states would have blocked travellers from east of the Rockies but made a pact with Hawai'i.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

so you're telling me that things don't look that bad, yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
So my parents are gonna have to be shutins for the rest of their lives.

Trupm!