Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Happiness: Capitalism vs. Marxism was a debate between Canadian psychologist Jordan Peterson (a critic of Marxism) and Slovenian philosopher Slavoj Žižek (a Marxist) on the relationship between Marxism, capitalism and happiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
zizek housing hotdogs

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol samuel wurzelbacher, the guy who did not actually own a plumbing business and had never actually been a plumber. what a doofus

"God, all this love and everything in the room - I'm horny," declared Joe.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YamAsbzPKA

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
herman cain's fever dream presidental ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OlO9iLx2qQ

they don't make them like this anymore

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

eric cantor got primaried

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

eric cantor moved his mom in to live with his family, i don't even know if that's funny but it's stuck in my head

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Smirking_Serpent posted:

eric cantor moved his mom in to live with his family, i don't even know if that's funny but it's stuck in my head

This is such a banal piece of information but quarantine brain has me lol’n at it

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

This is such a banal piece of information but quarantine brain has me lol’n at it

i think it was like some orthodox jewish thing and she became in charge of the household and i was like lmao.

i don't remember why, but my brain is determined to keep this footnote of a footnote alive!!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

DMCrimson posted:

Happiness: Capitalism vs. Marxism was a debate between Canadian psychologist Jordan Peterson (a critic of Marxism) and Slovenian philosopher Slavoj Žižek (a Marxist) on the relationship between Marxism, capitalism and happiness.

Peterson turning himself into a vegetable by getting some Russian docs to put him into a coma so he can get over a benzo addiction

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i watched a coworker slowly descend into madness.

"have you heard of this guy jordan peterson? clean up your room hah!"

"i was listening to joe rogan the other day and he was making a good point"

"people talk poo poo about alex jones but there are some unanswered questions out there"

She was a baker who mostly worked by herself for hours at a time. i'd come in to new batshit every day. it was sad.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the press conference where trump wheeled some store bought steaks on stage (along with a bunch of other garbage) to prove that trump steaks werent a failure

top bunk wanker getting exiled from the forums because he loved trump too much

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

GalacticAcid posted:

How in the ever loving gently caress did you get a tick? This is way more important than anything else happening in the world right now.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I missed this, wtf
Jussie wasn't banging any CPD cops, just one of the guys they probably framed and tortured.

DMCrimson posted:

i feel like this is like the Bill Nye versus Ken Ham debate in that it's a lot more enjoyable hearing people make vague references to it than to actually watch it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GWBBQ posted:

i feel like this is like the Bill Nye versus Ken Ham debate in that it's a lot more enjoyable hearing people make vague references to it than to actually watch it.

I felt this way after reading the game day thread in real time, and decided to test my theory by watching the video a few days later. you’re fine. watching Peterson state inexplicably doe-eyed at Zizek is amusing, but not worth the psychic price of admission.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Inceltown posted:

How in the ever loving gently caress did you get a tick? This is way more important than anything else happening in the world right now.

Not sure what you mean?

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

GalacticAcid posted:

Not sure what you mean?

He means the verified checkmark for the OP

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
man vs. beast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgqbCq_sxmo

i got owned
Apr 10, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DMCrimson posted:

jorp got owned so hard he had to fake a benzo addiction to stay out of the public eye for a while

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

herman cain's fever dream presidental ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OlO9iLx2qQ

they don't make them like this anymore

is that jj abrams

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

The navy seal who raced a chimp died working for blackwater in Fallujah. His widow sued and it turned out they got sent into a combat zone undermanned with unarmored vehicles because his boss had a personal grudge against him.

His death led to the battle of Fallujah, where the US got its butt kicked.

NightGyr has issued a correction as of 04:30 on Apr 17, 2020

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
The entire staff of the NYT loved the iraq war so much. Judith miller wrote multiple books to justify. Tom friedman cheerled it the whole way. They still get work writing political commentary

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Robert Novak crashing his Corvette and then driving off, which led to the diagnosis of his brain tumor that killed him soon after.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spergin Morlock posted:

Robert Novak crashing his Corvette and then driving off, which led to the diagnosis of his brain tumor that killed him soon after.

wait, he died?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Over 10 years ago, yeah. It's why he's never on TV anymore lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spergin Morlock posted:

Over 10 years ago, yeah. It's why he's never on TV anymore lol

how the gently caress did I miss that, I mean I lived overseas when he ate it but even so

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Vim Fuego posted:

The entire staff of the NYT loved the iraq war so much. Judith miller wrote multiple books to justify. Tom friedman cheerled it the whole way. They still get work writing political commentary

The next six months of the Iraq war are going to be critical :hmmyes:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

how the gently caress did I miss that, I mean I lived overseas when he ate it but even so

On the other hand I thought Colmes died years and years ago. Like pre 2010. Not until like 3 years ago

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Colmes

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

System Metternich posted:

The next six months of the Iraq war are going to be critical :hmmyes:

I got to introduce someone to the concept of Friedman Units recently

It rules

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

Joe Biden also loved the Iraq War so much and he still gets work too

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

vyelkin posted:

Joe Biden also loved the Iraq War so much and he still gets work too

Only for another seven months or so

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Jimmy Carter committed adultery in his heart

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
lol Trump has to have been the last President to give a Playboy interview after that

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Jimmy Carter was the reason to the rise of the religious right.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
which is extra hilarious because he's easily the most pious prez probably ever

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
70's critique of POTUS: "I ain't wearin' no sweater!"
2020 critique: "he didn't MEAN he would suspend the legislative arm. is joke."

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
in what should have been an omen, Reagan ripped off the solar panels on the white house to own the libs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
been thinkin about all those republican governors who turned down federal money for building regional highspeed rail lines in order to own the libs

and obama just continued trying to compromise with them over and over because he is also a conservative who didn't want anything done either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Michael Cohen had a very low energy “Michael Cohen is the sexiest man alive” twitter account as part of his deal with Trump or some stupid poo poo