Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Il Federale posted:

sorry but theres no way the us will ever peacefully break apart, i dont know why everyone thinks this will ever happen that way

im also amused that everyone thinks their economies would just run smoothly after leaving the us or if the us dissolves

The US will never break apart so maybe we can shut the gently caress up about it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

boar guy posted:

we're already a loving month in to this thing, why not ride it out one more month

the last month will have meant nothing if we open up now

some states still havent even really closed

i honestly dont get how its supposed to work having different states open or locked down at different times unless interstate travel is shut down or people are tested at state borders or something.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The US will never break apart so maybe we can shut the gently caress up about it now.

right this one nation will somehow last forever even though every other nation that humans have created in history has fallen apart at some point or another and we've already broken apart once

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

oh totally, even though just every other nation or state organization that humans have created throughout history has managed to fall apart one way or another, and the US has already broken apart once, the current form is a magical special nation that will last forever for ~reasons~

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 23, 2021

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

sincx posted:

a dozen new countries, each with hundreds of nukes, to join the world stage.

this is a literal description of an event that occured only 30 years ago, why didnt the rest of the world stop it then?

in any case im not sure how the rest of the world would do so considering how distrustful so many americans are of foreignors

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Earwicker posted:

oh totally, even though just every other nation or state organization that humans have created throughout history has managed to fall apart one way or another, and the US has already broken apart once, the current form is a magical special nation that will last forever for ~reasons~

Who gets the nukes?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Earwicker posted:

this is a literal description of an event that occured only 30 years ago, why didnt the rest of the world stop it then?

in any case im not sure how the rest of the world would do so considering how distrustful so many americans are of foreignors

Any uprising here will be brutally stamped out with an iron fist WELL before anything happens that would suggest we split up anytime soon. This virus won't be the thing that does it.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Louisgod posted:

tfw u have a right to feel healthy and also not have universal healthcare

https://twitter.com/mindfulmoon10/status/1250637227744309248?s=21

https://twitter.com/mindfulmoon10/status/1244718939189301250

:what:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Any uprising here will be brutally stamped out with an iron fist WELL before anything happens that would suggest we split up anytime soon. This virus won't be the thing that does it.

its a silly derail, i dont think its likely that the us is going to break apart due to corona, though there's certainly a lot of distancing between regions happen that may set the stage for that in coming decades. however to say the US will "never" break apart is ridiculous, the US is not immune to the tensions and forces that pull countries apart and they are certainly observable right now

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

sincx posted:

Well, never say never, but other countries would do everything they can to prevent a breakup of the US because no one wants a dozen new countries, each with hundreds of nukes, to join the world stage.

IIRC, only two nations have willingly given up their nuclear weapons: Kazakhstan and South Africa. Russia and Israel still have 'em.

All hail SS-18 Satan.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Earwicker posted:

this is a silly derail i dont think its likely that the us is going to break apart due to corona, though there's certainly a lot of distancing between regions happen that may set the stage for that in coming decades. however to say the US will "never" break apart is ridiculous, the US is not immune to the tensions and forces that pull countries apart and they are certainly observable right now

It is a silly derail that's why I said to shut the gently caress up about it.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

reported for back-seat modding

madeintaipei posted:

IIRC, only two nations have willingly given up their nuclear weapons: Kazakhstan and South Africa. Russia and Israel still have 'em.

All hail SS-18 Satan.

i think ukraine and belarus "gave them up" back to russia in the 90s

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Il Federale posted:

reported for back-seat modding

I bet you actually did.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Il Federale posted:

i think ukraine and belarus "gave them up" back to russia in the 90s

ukraine gave their nukes to russia in exchange for recognition of their sovereignty over territory which russia later annexed anyway

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I disagree. I think everyone should talk about it. That's how it happens, everyone talking about it and wanting it. If we can get 20 million people on the west coast demanding secession it is a whole lot more likely then you limply trying to stamp the idea out.

So you should shut up about it not happening.

:colbert:

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Earwicker posted:

ukraine gave their nukes to russia in exchange for recognition of their sovereignty over territory which russia later annexed anyway

heh got 'em

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I disagree. I think everyone should talk about it. That's how it happens, everyone talking about it and wanting it. If we can get 20 million people on the west coast demanding secession it is a whole lot more likely then you limply trying to stamp the idea out.

So you should shut up about it not happening.

:colbert:

:lol:

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

California is routinely owned by a drunk rear end in a top hat with a campfire or a casually tossed cigarette butt

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

to be serious though, while the us actually breaking up is very unlikely anytime soon, i do think interstate borders are increasingly a reality. again, how is it supposed to work with different states locked down and other states open at the same time unless there is some control over interstate travel?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't think it can be unless the national guard sets up roadblocks. And they probably still wouldn't be able to get every road. Plus I'm sure there's tons of other ways in. This won't work unless the states work together and Trump is doing a great job of pitting us against each other.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
this thread is dumb as gently caress

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

trump was like "yah we would be interested in opening up borders with canada, probably really soon" and the premier of ontario, notably notorious meth smoking toronto mayor r.i.p. rob ford's brother, doug ford, said "haha gently caress no"

but like if US pushes the point they could just annex our country soooooooo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Stop w the stupid the us is breaking up drerail and all the slapfights. I’ll be back tomorrow to start throwing probes again

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Earwicker posted:

to be serious though, while the us actually breaking up is very unlikely anytime soon, i do think interstate borders are increasingly a reality. again, how is it supposed to work with different states locked down and other states open at the same time unless there is some control over interstate travel?

have any of the lock downs in any state been true real deal "nobody leave the house ever" type lock downs? because if its like most states where you cant eat in restaurants or go to school but can still go to work and to the grocery store, they're not going to stop people from crossing state borders. the various state law enforcement agencies would probably just heavily fine any people who are doing poo poo like blatantly not wearing a mask or whatever.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I don't think it can be unless the national guard sets up roadblocks. And they probably still wouldn't be able to get every road.

i dont think they would do it on every road but they could very easily do so on the interstates. there are not a ton of ways in and out of california, oregon, or washington for example if you are talking about interstates and major highways that carry the majority of traffic.

california already has checkpoints when you enter from arizona for agricultural inspection (they currently just wave almost everyone through)

rhode island went ahead and started doing some poo poo on their own, trying to stop every car with ny plates, but they were smacked down after cuomo got pissed about it. that was early on in this. i could see it coming back if things get really bad.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Il Federale posted:

have any of the lock downs in any state been true real deal "nobody leave the house ever" type lock downs? because if its like most states where you cant eat in restaurants or go to school but can still go to work and to the grocery store, they're not going to stop people from crossing state borders. the various state law enforcement agencies would probably just heavily fine any people who are doing poo poo like blatantly not wearing a mask or whatever.

Yeah it won’t work at all.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
To cheer up the mood.

https://twitter.com/StrangestMp4/status/1239382583923757066

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

numberoneposter posted:

trump was like "yah we would be interested in opening up borders with canada, probably really soon" and the premier of ontario, notably notorious meth smoking toronto mayor r.i.p. rob ford's brother, doug ford, said "haha gently caress no"

but like if US pushes the point they could just annex our country soooooooo

I'm pretty sure it was crack?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Il Federale posted:

have any of the lock downs in any state been true real deal "nobody leave the house ever" type lock downs? because if its like most states where you cant eat in restaurants or go to school but can still go to work and to the grocery store

you are correct, there are no real deal lockdowns in the US, and i think the most severe measures have been very localized.

however, right now we have a contrast between states that are semi-closed, as you describe, states that are not locked down at all, and in the middle states that are locked down in name only but making a lot of bullshit exceptions for companies and people are still working together in groups. and i guess there are states that are currently locked down but planning to open in early may? its hard to even keep track of where they all are.

however if this continues to be the case, some of the states that are doing nothing - or next to nothing - are going to get really bad. states that border the bad states but are at least doing some degree of social distancing are going to have to continue to keep economies relatively shut down as long as there is any flow of people coming in from the more infected states, otherwise it will result in second waves. so, in future months, states that handle this relatively well may want to control the flow of people coming in from states that handled it badly, as a step of reopening. otherwise i dont see how regional reopening would work

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
so i shopped for 3 months quarantine beginning of february and my supplies are about running out

what should i get in my next grocery run goons

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Time_pants posted:

I'm pretty sure it was crack?
yep you are right

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

I've never laughed harder at a post. Holy poo poo.

Also burts in bed so I'm going to start posting sexy pictures

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 17, 2020

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

bob dobbs is dead posted:

so i shopped for 3 months quarantine beginning of february and my supplies are about running out

Canned tamales

naem
May 29, 2011

I was in the Army National Guard and I proudly defended Ohio from Canada

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i got 3 of literally every single canned thinng my safeway had cuz it was early february and nobody gave a poo poo in the us then

out of all of them, i think the chef boyardee throwback bolognese was the most unexpectedly good. basically they seem to have recognized that they made it poo poo over the decades

conpare to dinty moore beef stew, which is not fit for human beings to eat. or those canned tamales

my safeway has a stocked frozen food aisle apparently so its frozen food for 3 months next i guess

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

these are always fully stocked every time ive gone to the store

theyre all yours for the taking

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Il Federale posted:

these are always fully stocked every time ive gone to the store

theyre all yours for the taking

asian brands for those are a lot better

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

A lot of the comorbidities with the rona are basically the result of eating too much food, or lovely kinds of food like fried food. That's why it's hitting the black community so hard here in NY. Like no one chooses to get MS but certainly you can choose to not be 400 lbs.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

asian brands for those are a lot better

their pangolin products are probably tastier too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Il Federale posted: