Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Opening up for a bit because Sahara is in town.

Turnips are garbage and the store is about to close. Mabel’s is also closed.

Queenie is making an iornwood low table.

Sahara is offering a blue message mat, turquoise heart rug, and purple Persian rug. Wallpaper is cityscape wall and flooring is mossy-garden flooring.

Dodo code ok let’s not crash the island this time. https://turnip.exchange/island/ffd49091

Stuff outside of the airport is free to take, but please only take one. I’m the person wearing the black dress and blue flower hair clip.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

HopperUK posted:

You really want to make enemies with Blathers and Celeste?

Let Blathers have his museum go full fish/fossils, and the rival museum is all insects and gyroids. The third space in the museum can be for interactive exhibits, or just double the number of critters so I can fish up siphonophres and catch jumping spiders. Or the third section is the coffee shop and the rival museum has Club LOL.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Elucidarius posted:

Thanks!!

I'm opening my town up again. Nook's is buying turnips for 583. I'm just going to post the code here because eh. If there's a comm error I'll reopen and edit this post.

2GN1F

Edit: Oh I'm keeping it open until nook's closes which is 9pm mountain.

So you're just going to gloss over the fact that your Abel Sisters (in addition to carrying the latest rear end Cove line) has loving TIGER SHIRTS?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

So today, while getting a money floor from a goon who posted on turnip.exchange, it was pretty obvious that someone took a dodo code from the site and just started passing it around willy nilly until it was impossible to do anything and random people not in the queue were constantly landing. Seems like there's a pretty real pubbie invasion thing happening on good DIY now in the SA AC discord so look out for it. Sucks that you can make REAL MONEY from home farming DIY cards to sell wherever people pay money for animal crossing stuff or just that lovely people have found out how good the SA AC discord is for getting DIY cards

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Chieves posted:

Adam from Bunhäus has turnips at 517 bells right now! Gates are open for the next little while or so. Tips are always welcome and I am currently looking for roses. Feel free to grab some oranges!

Mabel is here and we have steampunk goggles for sale today.

Code is FTMGH. See y'all soon!

E: I'm chilling near the entrance in mostly black.

Closing up shop in a few, FYI. There's a better price on the last page tho. :v:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Marzzle posted:

So today, while getting a money floor from a goon who posted on turnip.exchange, it was pretty obvious that someone took a dodo code from the site and just started passing it around willy nilly until it was impossible to do anything and random people not in the queue were constantly landing. Seems like there's a pretty real pubbie invasion thing happening on good DIY now in the SA AC discord so look out for it. Sucks that you can make REAL MONEY from home farming DIY cards to sell wherever people pay money for animal crossing stuff or just that lovely people have found out how good the SA AC discord is for getting DIY cards

Maybe they need to add the same verification the SA games discord had where you got to edit your profile or whatever

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

LastGoodBoy posted:

So you're just going to gloss over the fact that your Abel Sisters (in addition to carrying the latest rear end Cove line) has loving TIGER SHIRTS?

Oh poo poo I forgot to look. Was totally expecting dicks.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what happens if you hold onto to wisp's spirit until the next day. do they become rusted spirits

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

oddium posted:

what happens if you hold onto to wisp's spirit until the next day. do they become rusted spirits

They just disappear.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Marzzle posted:

There could be this going on but I also think that people don't know this:

When using Turnip Exchange, typically you don't leave the queue until you're on the plane ride back home!

My place got swamped with 3-4 people showing up right after someone disconnected (ruining the DIY session). There were still three other people with me after the disconnect, and I'd set my queue to only let four people in at a time! I ultimately booted out those 6-7 people when I found out the DIY session was over, unfortunately.

More people gathered together on a single island increases the chances of a disconnect, so let's try to avoid that in the future - mind your queue protocol!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Lux Animus posted:

There could be this going on but I also think that people don't know this:

When using Turnip Exchange, typically you don't leave the queue until you're on the plane ride back home!

My place got swamped with 3-4 people showing up right after someone disconnected (ruining the DIY session). There were still three other people with me after the disconnect, and I'd set my queue to only let four people in at a time! I ultimately booted out those 6-7 people when I found out the DIY session was over, unfortunately.

More people gathered together on a single island increases the chances of a disconnect, so let's try to avoid that in the future - mind your queue protocol!

I think you were the guy with the money floor DIY? I think the strongest evidence was the 2-3 people that couldn't be found in the turnip.exchange queue? about 2 of them showed up as I was trying to crawl away to the airport and then the DIY got cut off and it seemed like there was a bit of confusion.

It's pretty hard to tell if it's happening because multiplayer stuff can get so busy but it seems reasonable to think that people are leaking dodo codes wherever if redditors are charging cash or NMT or whatever while goons merrily give stuff away to one another especially if the AC discord doesn't have an auth bot implemented and a discord link is maybe right here on this thread?

Marzzle fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 17, 2020

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Had two very successful trade visits today. Thanks for always being so chill and awesome, goons!

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Mordiceius posted:

Still on the hunt for any of the following animals -

Kiki - Cat
Katt - Cat
Cherry - Dog
Bella - Mouse
Coco - Rabbit
Muffy - Sheep
Cyrano - Anteater
Olaf - Anteater
Rodeo - Bull
Bob - Cat
Olivia - Cat
Cole - Rabbit
Marshall - Squirrel

If you have them and want them gone, I’ll take them.

From pages ago, but I am currently giving Katt the heave-ho. Come to Duckberg to collect her.

It's also raining, so I'll be chillin' catching fish, Sahara is here too with surprise matching imperial floors and walls. Composer wigs and space helmets in the hedgehog store.

Dodo code: 9N9G3

Done for the night

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 17, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you summon a villager via Amiibo when they live in town you just have a cute conversation with them where they decline to camp instead of sleep in their own homes.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Could someone please part ways with a Cutting Board for me? Please?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

LastGoodBoy posted:

They just disappear.

disappear into the rust dimension

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

The Sean posted:

Could someone please part ways with a Cutting Board for me? Please?

I can make you one, my town is currently open. 2GN1F

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Elucidarius posted:

Awesome! I'll be right over. Anything specific you want in exchange?

edit: omw now. Gift card bag of bells it is, then.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 17, 2020

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

hopeandjoy posted:

Opening up for a bit because Sahara is in town.

Turnips are garbage and the store is about to close. Mabel’s is also closed.

Queenie is making an iornwood low table.

Sahara is offering a blue message mat, turquoise heart rug, and purple Persian rug. Wallpaper is cityscape wall and flooring is mossy-garden flooring.

Dodo code ok let’s not crash the island this time. https://turnip.exchange/island/ffd49091

Stuff outside of the airport is free to take, but please only take one. I’m the person wearing the black dress and blue flower hair clip.

This is still up btw

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
CLOSED

Dodo code: 2WV5M

* Reneigh the horse is moving out, if anyone wants to claim her. She's one of the villagers new to New Horizons, and thus can't be obtained via amiibo.
* Alli (southwest corner of town) is teaching the DIY recipe for a windflower wreath.
* Celeste is visiting, and there's a meteor shower! Holy poo poo I've never seen so many shooting stars.
* Nooks (open for another 30 minutes) is selling the green skull throwback radio.
* Anything in the town dump (northeast corner) is free to keep, and there's also a bunch of easter crap in front of my house if you still want that for some reason.
* Help yourself to whatever fruit you want, but please don't mess with the flowers.

I'll be mostly AFK probably.

Edit: Oh, I'm needing to catalog (not keep) a Western style stone and/or golden casket, if anyone can bring one over for me to touch.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 17, 2020

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Elucidarius posted:

Thank you, again! I left some cash on the stone table.

Your town is nice, btw. I really like the northwest portion where you have your residents' homes on a graduating level basis. It reminded me and my partner of Greece. I also liked the side- and backyards you made via the walls.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

FREE CUTTING BOARDS!

Dodo: CLOSED!

Apparently these are not common and needed for some kitchen stuff quest. I got the DIY and some free time, so you get the cutting board. Don't have the quest? Don't worry, come get a free cutting board. They only cost me 2 hardwood and an iron, so nothing basically... come get one for later.

If anyone has a nice office chair or a stainless steel looking table for my murder basement (or anything murder basementy) I'm looking for those.

Red mixer and toy box at nooks. No Abel's yet. Turnips sucks. Just got the game a week ago so my island is not cool or clever, but my house has a PRON studio in the backroom because it's a backroom, and a cool trashy attic. Stop on by.

Also, talk to Sherb. He's the best.

FREE CUTTING BOARDS!

There's some fossils in the take & trade if you wanna look.

Did I mention(one per visitor unless you REALLY want two)... Also
FREE CUTTING BOARDS!

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 17, 2020

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Rollersnake posted:

Edit: Oh, I'm needing to catalog (not keep) a Western style stone and/or golden casket, if anyone can bring one over for me to touch.

Those are both DIY so you can't order them :(

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Rollersnake posted:

Dodo code: 2WV5M

* Reneigh the horse is moving out, if anyone wants to claim her. She's one of the villagers new to New Horizons, and thus can't be obtained via amiibo.
hosed up that I can't invite her while gala is boxed up on my end

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

I have a meteor shower and Celeste is here! Fruit is fair game! I’m gonna afk for a bit.

E: Closing for real this time.

taco show fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 17, 2020

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Kiwillian posted:

Those are both DIY so you can't order them :(

I know, I just want them catalogued so I can use them for scenes at Harv's.

IronicDongz posted:

That sucks. Sorry you missed your chance. She's pretty cool, and only getting booted because I needed to make room for my favorite villager (Phil). Hope she ends up going to someone.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 17, 2020

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

IronicDongz posted:

The fact that a player has to hit a perfect storm of conditions to invite a new animal is big dumb.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LastGoodBoy posted:

The fact that a player has to hit a perfect storm of conditions to invite a new animal is big dumb.

the whole meeting potential villagers on mystery islands thing is one of the funnest parts of the game for me, it's a bummer i'll almost never get to see it again

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Elucidarius posted:

Thanks!!

I'm opening my town up again. Nook's is buying turnips for 583. I'm just going to post the code here because eh. If there's a comm error I'll reopen and edit this post.

2GN1F

Closing up now, thanks to everyone that visited!

The Sean posted:

Thank you, again! I left some cash on the stone table.

Your town is nice, btw. I really like the northwest portion where you have your residents' homes on a graduating level basis. It reminded me and my partner of Greece. I also liked the side- and backyards you made via the walls.

Thanks much appreciated!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Elucidarius posted:

Thanks!!

2GN1F

Thank you for opening your island! I got a little lost wandering around, but it’s a really lovely island! :)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

LastGoodBoy posted:

I highly recommend buying some NFC stickers if you have access to a phone that can use TagMo!

Working on assembling my perfect collection of villagers now :)

(Though not quite perfect since Raymond doesn't have an amiibo yet)

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 17, 2020

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Thanks, Nemo from Skeletowne, for letting me touch a golden casket! Still looking to catalogue a western-style stone if anyone can bring one of those over.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Rollersnake posted:

That sucks. Sorry you missed your chance. She's pretty cool, and only getting booted because I needed to make room for my favorite villager (Phil). Hope she ends up going to someone.
I just time traveled for the first time to invite her lol :henget:

what's weird is that she still had the dialogue about having called my town and it being full, but then she had more dialogue about "maybe I called at a weird time, I'll try again." I cannot think of any other reason for that existing beyond letting players invite after time traveling even if they've already tried and failed.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Anyone have a good pattern for tiles you'd put around a pool?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

IronicDongz posted:

I just time traveled for the first time to invite her lol :henget:

what's weird is that she still had the dialogue about having called my town and it being full, but then she had more dialogue about "maybe I called at a weird time, I'll try again." I cannot think of any other reason for that existing beyond letting players invite after time traveling even if they've already tried and failed.

Don't time travel and invite people. There's a PSA thread on era right now about how the game is bugging because of it.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Rollersnake posted:

Thanks, Nemo from Skeletowne, for letting me touch a golden casket! Still looking to catalogue a western-style stone if anyone can bring one of those over.

You're welcome! The DYI for that stone is my current white whale, but I'll get it one day.

Religious Man
Nov 28, 2010

Perfect God and Perfect Man

Rollersnake posted:

I’ve got you on that western-style stone, homie.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

bushisms.txt posted:

Don't time travel and invite people. There's a PSA thread on era right now about how the game is bugging because of it.

Oof, bugging for just the time traveler or the person with the villager who's leaving? Hope IronicDongz got Renee and neither of our games get screwed up.

Edit: Matt from Moro just brought me the western-style stone, so I've got everything I need. Thanks for visitng, everyone. Gonna keep the town open for another fifteen minutes or so, or longer if a lot of people are still visiting.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 17, 2020

Woodstock
Sep 28, 2005
Lyman's teaching how to make Beekeeper Beehives!

Come swing by-- I'll update when closed: uh.. big turnout :holymoley:. Allrighty well that was a fun hour. Take care!

It's the left house when you step out of the airport. Feel free to grab a souvenir from the cart on the way.

Make a little house for your bees.

Woodstock fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
A huh huh huh, welcome to my snack castle!