Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Nothus posted:

Manafort is trying to release as well, isn't he? Everybody's getting Roni Pardon!

:basta: avenatti is already on the loose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mod sassinator posted:

the actual timeline was:

- there's going to be a reopen america committee with ivanka, jared and business peoples

- ok FINE, there's going to be a reopen america committee WITHOUT ivanka and jared

- OK FINE, THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE A REOPEN AMERICA COMMITTEE. ARE YOU HAPPY??

- there was a conference phone call with 'business leaders' that all told trump he can't open up without widespread testing

right

WHY WAS ANYONE OF REPORTED? it was all fake bull poo poo !

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

west wing was a comedy

Bund
Mar 2, 2007

you are getting very hungry

fosborb posted:

why do all these covid positive men keep sucking my cock?

reality is now years ahead of the onion and accelerating

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Don’t worry guys, Joint Task Force National Capital Region (JTF-NCR) has been activated

Wow, President Maj. Gen. Omar J. Jones IV!

the division continues to be real

based on that, in a few months the JTF-NCR will get overwhelmed and have to leave DC because of gangs, cults, and mutineers

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

dang, always knew I was extraordinary

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

open up motherfuckers, I need my GODDAMN ANAL BOTOX RIGHT THE gently caress NOW

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KQEDnews/status/1250969478516609024?s=20

quote:

In a letter sent to Gov. Gavin Newsom in early April, 40 industry stakeholders, including large waste haulers and the Teamsters union, warned that they will soon need support from the state to continue providing solid waste collection services.

That’s because garbage companies are losing significant revenue from the sudden drop in business activity — revenue they rely on to fund their operations, from fueling and fixing trucks to keeping employees paid.

Around the state, 10-20% of commercial accounts have been canceled or significantly reduced, said Eric Potashner, vice president at Recology, which serves areas from Sacramento to Monterey and which co-signed the letter to the governor. And while weekly garbage collection is mandated by state law, garbage companies are expected to figure out how to stay profitable and in business.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
the way I see it the president, whether intentionally or not, is setting himself and his buddies up to both take credit for successes and shift blame for failures by taking contradictory and unclear stances. America is open, except when it's not, which it isn't, until it is, and it's your governors fault, you're welcome. This sorta stops working when states realize you're full of poo poo and they need to assume you're not going to help, which it seems like they're doing

its like that stuff the one russian theater guy was all about where you just keep everyone guessing, but way dumber and probably by accident

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

says who

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
turmps 13 point plan to destroy america will make the economy roar back

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

This is going to keep happening. We’ve canceled or suspended almost all of our operations services, from waste collection to point of sale to newspapers for the waiting rooms. That’s not even mentioning the physical goods we are no longer ordering (when it used to be monthly) to support our operations and/or resale.

Turns out trickle down economics is bullshit, giving bailouts to corporations is useless, and there’s no stopping the inevitable collapse of our economy.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
One of my coworkers has been on LOA for a few weeks now and she just messaged me saying she might come back the first week of May and I lold at her.
I set her straight and told her to sit this out longer until things actually look stable. She has a young daughter with Diabetes.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I hate you, yes you specifically. Do not think that I'm talking about another poster.

https://giant.gfycat.com/SerpentineWaryAgama.mp4

I actually love you, stay strong

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Admiral Ray posted:

lol elective surgeries, hospitals chose to stop doing those moron

They'll probably be wanting to re-open now if the reports of a bunch of them going broke due to lack of elective surgeries are true.

Can't wait for private hospitals full of rich fucks getting boob jobs become the new plague ships.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/jfruh/status/1250885777665298433??s=19

https://twitter.com/jfruh/status/1250885931617271808?s=19

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i cancelled my gym membership this week

lmao @ the idea of going to a gym until AT LEAST 2021.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/UrbanMaoism/status/1250860174849511432

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Welcome to every show in Hollywood.

I had to tell two of my production assistants they weren't gonna be getting the same corona pay as the rest of the crew because they hadn't been there long enough.

One of whom was crying the whole conversation because she's immunocompromised and doesn't know when she'll be able to go to work again even after they force us back.

Cue more tear-laced quarantine videos from Ellen.

Zisky has issued a correction as of 03:45 on Apr 17, 2020

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
yeah, everyone back to work.

https://twitter.com/KagroX/status/1250865257129574400

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
So the survival of the entire economy is dependent on elective surgery and gym memberships?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

WSJ reporting 4500 deaths in last 24 hours, uh, is that true?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-surges-in-some-asian-countries-that-had-been-lightly-hit-11587031743

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Laura Ingraham had Fauci on followed by Dr Phil.

Lmao America.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

That seems like it will be a really good data point in two weeks when we learn how many of those later BECAME symptomatic and how many didn't

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Defeat America through DIY lip injections and prison workouts.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

yeah probably

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

holy gently caress
how many will develop symptoms over the next 10 days???

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Trixie Hardcore posted:

So the survival of the entire economy is dependent on elective surgery and gym memberships?

and dine-in restaurants and bars

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Trixie Hardcore posted:

and spectator sports and golf

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Doesn't match the sites I usually check but if so :megadeath:
Oh wait it is still Thursday I haven't seen numbers for today yet... lmao.
Thank god it will level off over the weekend!

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Trixie Hardcore posted:

are you only realizing now that most of the economy is more or less worthless

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Here's where all those SBA funds went, that they ran out of

quote:

Ruth’s Chris Steak House Gets $20 Million From Coronavirus Aid Program
Restaurant chain is among first to disclose SBA funds received under federal rescue package

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ruths-chris-steak-house-gets-20-million-from-coronavirus-aid-program-11586895864

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

could you pretty please post the text of the article kind sir, for it is behind a paywall

i am confident that the reason for the large jump will be either explained or at least contextualized in the article's text

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
are asymptomatic carriers still getting permanent lung or other organ damage?

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Flavius Aetass posted:

are asymptomatic carriers still getting permanent lung or other organ damage?

we don't know yet

most asymptomatic carriers are actually presymptomatic

children show all signs on the interior of being diseased (ground glass opacities in the lungs) they just don't show symptoms

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Assholes in the local Maryland forum from the town I used to live in were jumping down each other's throats defending this because "the owner's a philanthropist!"

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Most governors would love to tell Trump to gently caress off, but unfortunately he's in charge of the world's money printer and he knows it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

sure

I mean why not? it's gonna keep getting worse