Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Rona-chan is fighting hard

All according to keicoughku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Homeless Friend posted:

btw these kn95 mask, bilateral fold fuken OWNS

This is from way backthread but here is this prick mocking a goon doc about masks

You suck poo poo
Your useless constant crowing is abhorrent
Its not like you are funny or clever

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Gonna be wild when countries start opening back up to each other and only block those from high risk areas: Africa, the Indian subcontinent and the USA.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Spinz posted:

This is from way backthread but here is this prick mocking a goon doc about masks

You suck poo poo

lol

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Trump yelling at other countries that wont let their diseased citizens in will be funny.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Schnorkles posted:

we have absolutely no loving clue and no good way to test for this is why

it's all speculation

Isn't the easiest way to test for it to monitor a population like the crew of that aircraft carrier and find out what percentage develop symptoms? Then you'd have some actual figures to plug into the models rather than just making assumptions.

Ship crews like that would actually be pretty ideal because you'd think they'd all be all of a certain age range and level of fitness so you wouldn't have to try to control for fatties or old people.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

overmind2000 posted:

1,000 away from being 9/11 and Pearl Harbor combined

That’s last week, we’re past the peak on a fast train to a booming economy. Leave your homes attend your local gymnasium.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The calls to open will get louder if the CFR is revised down desipe the reality being it is far, far harder to control.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/The_Real_Fly/status/1250955259616342016

i have no idea where this came from or if its real but lmao

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Schnorkles posted:

basically "asymptomatic cases may make up a ton of the actual caseload" is based on the modeling looking at all the available data. This is done by very smart people who are very good at their jobs, but high uncertainty on everything until we have serious serological testing.

If they're so smart then why isn't trump hiring them?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

Isn't the easiest way to test for it to monitor a population like the crew of that aircraft carrier and find out what percentage develop symptoms? Then you'd have some actual figures to plug into the models rather than just making assumptions.

Ship crews like that would actually be pretty ideal because you'd think they'd all be all of a certain age range and level of fitness so you wouldn't have to try to control for fatties or old people.

thats kind of the problem

a navy ship crew isn't going to be representative of the population.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

lmao did i just hear that they want to reopen gyms

that's like literally one of the worst possible environments for spreading this virus that i can imagine. incredible

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Pohl posted:

Stuff.

If I'm reading this right you do some sort of shelter work. Care to speak to what you're seeing? I'm a social worker for mentally ill adults and right now I got a homeless guy who's turbo hosed by this pandemic. Rural Michigan here.
Meanwhile I'm seeing my caseload starting to crack under the strain. And when you get that much haldol Dec and still crack you know it's bad.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

that wouldnt have really helped when the first big US outbreak was in WA and then the president unloads a plague ship into CA and lets them wander all around

haha they just let them off the boats, voluntary testing, no reatraint on travel, the feds are bioterrorists lol

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

It's Creedence Freshwater Revival, a terrible cover band and yes, they are too high I'm the bassist

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
man, remember when the government admitted that ufos were real like just a couple months ago
this single track hell timeline is wild

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Tirade posted:

Gonna be wild when countries start opening back up to each other and only block those from high risk areas: Africa, the Indian subcontinent and the USA.

Trump would start a war if countries banned travelers from the US specifically.

Australia had to ban all international travel when it became apparent that most of our imported cases were coming from the US because they knew that singling out the US while Trump was still claiming it was just the flu and would disappear by April would probably be the end of the alliance between the two countries.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

that's like literally one of the worst possible environments for spreading this virus that i can imagine. incredible

a gym is a great environment for spreading this disease, actually

lol no poo poo though? that's actually insane, especially given how old box gym clientele skews, and how they love to just post up in sauna/locker room for loving hours

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Spinz posted:

You suck poo poo

you know you are under no obligation to read all 100,000 posts/mo in the cspam hellthreads

if its not fun, you can just stop. You'll still be adequately informed on the issues, its the only story in the news

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
China is just going to continually do the "friday night press release" of "oops we recounted our dead and heres another 5000 dead" every week for like 6 months as the rest of the world flails

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

gonna inhale some musky, sweaty benches

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://twitter.com/NickHintonn/status/1249455888030728192?s=20

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Schnorkles posted:

https://twitter.com/The_Real_Fly/status/1250955259616342016

i have no idea where this came from or if its real but lmao

I've heard that it either shows no improvement or very slight improvement, depending on the study. It's the same kind of marginal effectiveness that it had as an ebola treatment- bouncing from study to study never being good enough for further development but being just far enough outside of the statistical noise to keep academic interest.

GlobalMegaCorp
Jan 8, 2004

i guess this is why I could never be rich. if I had 30 people working for me at a job that paid me $75 million a year I don’t see how any human doesn’t just give all of the people working so hard for you at least a million bucks as a thank you. instead let’s be super generous and pay them out 60% on their starvation wage jobs

speng31b
May 8, 2010

so...no peak?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nothus posted:

I've heard that it either shows no improvement or very slight improvement, depending on the study. It's the same kind of marginal effectiveness that it had as an ebola treatment- bouncing from study to study never being good enough for further development but being just far enough outside of the statistical noise to keep academic interest.

the stage 3 trial he's referencing there is, I believe, the one that doesn't have the control group.

lmao

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

speng31b posted:

so...no peak?

WORKING HARD THANK YOU

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

GodspeedSphere posted:

If I'm reading this right you do some sort of shelter work. Care to speak to what you're seeing? I'm a social worker for mentally ill adults and right now I got a homeless guy who's turbo hosed by this pandemic. Rural Michigan here.
Meanwhile I'm seeing my caseload starting to crack under the strain. And when you get that much haldol Dec and still crack you know it's bad.

Yeah I do social work at a homeless shelter, our capacity is about 160, though we are down to about 115 right now because we moved all the families and extra vulnerable adults out to a hotel. The city is paying for that.

Uhmm, everyone is slowing losing their minds. Everything is shut down, there is nowhere for them to go, there are no bathrooms open, there is nothing.
We usually lock our gate after everyone leaves in the morning but we are leaving it open 23 hours now so that people have someplace to be with water and bathrooms (port a potties). We still lock the building door during the day, but we have warming tents and shelter and 3 meals a day for anyone that needs it.

What I'm seeing is poo poo is hosed up. Like I said, everyone is going crazier day by day and I can't wait until a bunch of them get their $1200 because lmao, loving party time.
CANT. loving. WAIT.

Edit: Our case management is completely hosed since we have like 6 people not even coming to work, we aren't doing proactive work at all. All we are doing is trying to survive.

Pohl has issued a correction as of 04:54 on Apr 17, 2020

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
april is only half over
:negative:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

the rent cfr is too drat high

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Vim Fuego posted:

you know you are under no obligation to read all 100,000 posts/mo in the cspam hellthreads

if its not fun, you can just stop. You'll still be adequately informed on the issues, its the only story in the news

Thank you
Their posts grate in a way that other's don't
I choose to point it out when it is especially henious

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Vim Fuego posted:

wait... I can not read every single post in this thread? why didn't someone tell me this earlier

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

got any sevens posted:

april is only half over

Monday will be 5 weeks of social distancing here. Feels like 5 months legitimately.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

got any sevens posted:

april is only half over

this'll all be over by may!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

GlobalMegaCorp posted:

i guess this is why I could never be rich. if I had 30 people working for me at a job that paid me $75 million a year I don’t see how any human doesn’t just give all of the people working so hard for you at least a million bucks as a thank you. instead let’s be super generous and pay them out 60% on their starvation wage jobs

way to think like a poor

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Ruggan posted:

wait... I can not read every single post in this thread? why didn't someone tell me this earlier

Reading every post builds immunity tho

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I'm going to spend all weekend playing cities skylines and make a whimsical fairy land where the government runs things well

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

gay picnic defence posted:

Trump would start a war if countries banned travelers from the US specifically.

Australia had to ban all international travel when it became apparent that most of our imported cases were coming from the US because they knew that singling out the US while Trump was still claiming it was just the flu and would disappear by April would probably be the end of the alliance between the two countries.

That's necessary at the start of the crisis but I don't think it holds for the end of it. New Zealand was laying the groundwork for that yesterday where they'd essentially whitelist countries as being safe to travel to again, and I reckon Australia will do the same.

The US is demonstrating that of all western countries, its society is uniquely unsuited to effectively responding to the crisis. Doubt it will be getting whitelisted any time soon.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Spinz posted:

Thank you
Their posts grate in a way that other's don't
I choose to point it out when it is especially henious

What this thread needs is more worthless callout posting by people who are annoyed at how other people are posting.

Oh gently caress, it's contagious. EVERYONE STEP BACK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
hey everyone, more than 30 thousand dead in the US alone and the world still thinks it's business as usual in about a month...

COOL!