Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
poor zas couldn't handle it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

did pener actually go to the tgrs offsite lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i made death threats last month in D&D but it's in a thread nobody reads :smugdon:

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

sadder than if he had died in those tornadoes

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

that isn't the same offsite Prester Jane slinked off to was it? lmao if it is

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

before I got bounced out he was posting there hard and was the #1, dunno what's what at this point it seems like it's dying out

prester jane had a meltdown about a week in when not properly suppressed by mods and started hollering that COVID19 was a chinese lab virus and we'd be under martial law in a week lmao

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Pener and I didn't always see eye to eye but I do think his posting voice was important for C-SPAM

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i think pener still tweets a lot but saying that i can't find their twitter right now so they may have gotten suspended

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

smarxist posted:

before I got bounced out he was posting there hard and was the #1, dunno what's what at this point it seems like it's dying out

prester jane had a meltdown about a week in when not properly suppressed by mods and started hollering that COVID19 was a chinese lab virus and we'd be under martial law in a week lmao

lol you got bounced out? didn't you help start it?

not laughing at you btw, just genuinely am in awe that's possible lol

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
im laughing at you

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smarxist needs to be wary of people wielding picks

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

smarxist needs to be wary of people wielding picks

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

dex_sda posted:

thats not what happened lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

croup coughfield posted:

oh look at you, keeper of the secret knowledge from the lame leftist splinter offsite

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

dex_sda posted:

yeah, I wanted way less hands on moderation and more recruiting / growth, the rest of staff wanted to make sure they had some weird power / authority to insert themselves into the posting arbitrarily. also I had a shouting match with one of the mods because they were trying to pin some poo poo on me in bad faith so i just blew up my welcome. it was a pretty wild hollering match

It's a complete dead end at this point and i hope Pener bails

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

smarxist posted:

yeah, I wanted way less hands on moderation and more recruiting / growth, the rest of staff wanted to make sure they had some weird power / authority to insert themselves into the posting arbitrarily. also I had a shouting match with one of the mods because they were trying to pin some poo poo on me in bad faith so i just blew up my welcome. it was a pretty wild hollering match

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

brb registering wcspamp.org

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

croup coughfield posted:

sorry but if you want to speak with any authoroty you have to admit which perma rereg you are, I don't like it but those are the rules

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

i say swears online posted:

oh look at you, keeper of the secret knowledge from the lame leftist splinter offsite

I'm not particularly interested in rehashing everything; the offsite was a failure and that's that. I think smarxist is a good poster and I like him. I don't have any agenda here beyond some mild pushback on the idea that smarxist was somehow drummed out for being too cool or whatever. I'm dropping it.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

this offsite you folks are talking about, how does it measure to the LF offsite whose name I forget

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

Mr. Lobe posted:

this offsite you folks are talking about, how does it measure to the LF offsite whose name I forget

Seems like a great place to play Werewolf if that's the way your tastes run.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

every single “offsite” without exception has turned out way more insane and bad than SA even on its worst days. as long as this forum exists there will never be a spinoff community with a large enough pool of posters (who aren’t total headcases) to be anything but an ever-shrinking council of drama queens

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

THS posted:

every single “offsite” without exception has turned out way more insane and bad than SA even on its worst days. as long as this forum exists there will never be a spinoff community with a large enough pool of posters (who aren’t total headcases) to be anything but an ever-shrinking council of drama queens

oh for sure, I was asking because I was very curious as to how the headcase drama queens measure up

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

postgarden was still the most nuts

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
rhizzone is good though

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
rhizzone is like a monastic order of shitposting

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Kindest Forums User posted:

rhizzone is good though

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

smarxist posted:

this is an excellent description

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

smarxist posted:

lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

smarxist posted:

that's why i said the losurdo translation was another successful goon project

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
I'm shocked, shocked an offsite went belly-up after two months.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I still post on a forum that spun off from ffonline.com, a final fantasy fan community, in march 2000

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Somehow rhizzone is still running but that's because they have a properly lMaoist outlook on life

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I still post on a forum that spun off from ffonline.com, a final fantasy fan community, in march 2000

Something awful was a final fantasy off-site? Egads

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

smarxist posted:

oh man...

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Somehow rhizzone is still running but that's because they have a properly lMaoist outlook on life
i think it's like if goons here were like the pod people in the matrix powering the machines (mods are agents), then the rhizzone is like the nebuchadnezzar, a spartan vessel with cramped quarters and nutrient-rich goop for food and which covertly broadcasts messages to the select few goons to follow the white rabbit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvuPeVmuxbU

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 17, 2020

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
I still post on an SA offsite. It's an "imageboard" that was made by a guy from the anime forum in the style of a similarly named Japanese one

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The Ultimate Doge posted:

I still post on an SA offsite. It's an "imageboard" that was made by a guy from the anime forum in the style of a similarly named Japanese one

This explains a lot

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

postgarden was still the most nuts

postgarden had all the slashie struggle sessions which in retrospect was a good education on the left in general

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Something awful was a final fantasy off-site? Egads

no it's a monster truck fanzine spinoff

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
this is a quake forum, please try to stay on-topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

smarxist posted:

the rest of staff wanted to make sure they had some weird power / authority to insert themselves into the posting arbitrarily.

who could have predicted this