Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I wish you could melt spare relics into void traces (instantly and in bulk, not spending two and a half minutes on a fissure each).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Guilty posted:

Wtf am I going to do with 117 Lith C4 relics. Just C4. Not even talking about the others.
Crack them in captures for the common forma bp (they got nothing else you'd want to keep or rad them for). They've been my goto "need to shove a daily forma bp into the foundry, oops im out" relic for months.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Crack them in captures for the common forma bp (they got nothing else you'd want to keep or rad them for). They've been my goto "need to shove a daily forma bp into the foundry, oops im out" relic for months.

Oh that's a good point, I'm completely out of forma too. Thanks!

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Tylana posted:

I wish you could melt spare relics into void traces (instantly and in bulk, not spending two and a half minutes on a fissure each).

Either that or do the four for one thing like with mods.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Guilty posted:

Wtf am I going to do with 117 Lith C4 relics. Just C4. Not even talking about the others.

Give them to newbies during the lean times.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
So now that I'm taking advantage of SS to get my first arcanes I started off picking up energize since it's pretty universally recommended and seems pretty good on almost any frame. However, my favorite frame to play for most end game stuff has been Hyldrin and Barrier seems amazing on her. So, my question is should I focus on energize for it's more universal applicability or get and rank up barrier to power up my favorite frame? Probably over the course of Scarlet Spear I'm not going to have the play time required to max rank both. Though it does seem to me that a lower ranked barrier would still give a pretty good effect whereas a max rank energize probably makes a bigger difference than a lower ranked one.

Opinions? Just follow my heart?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

DisposableHero posted:

So now that I'm taking advantage of SS to get my first arcanes I started off picking up energize since it's pretty universally recommended and seems pretty good on almost any frame. However, my favorite frame to play for most end game stuff has been Hyldrin and Barrier seems amazing on her. So, my question is should I focus on energize for it's more universal applicability or get and rank up barrier to power up my favorite frame? Probably over the course of Scarlet Spear I'm not going to have the play time required to max rank both. Though it does seem to me that a lower ranked barrier would still give a pretty good effect whereas a max rank energize probably makes a bigger difference than a lower ranked one.

I'd get energize just because it's more universal. It's not just the fact that you can gain more energy, but it also opens up more operator trees, so you don't HAVE to use Zenurik.

But also Barrier is pretty good on a lot of frames. If you can't afford Barrier, you can also use Aegis, which might also be amazing for Hildy

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Official concept art for the community frame.
Assembled from the remnants of Warframes destroyed during the Old War and held together by Void energy.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1185933-open-call-for-warframe-ability-ideas/

I don't love it. Concept could lead to interesting abilities though I guess

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I honestly assumed it was Nidus Tennogen before I read the words.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that's just not really doing it for me, but maybe the thing will turn out better than I expect

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Wait a minute, isn't that the entire gimmick behind Harrow's Reliquary skin?

So they expanded a skin into a whole new Warframe?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Tallgeese posted:

Wait a minute, isn't that the entire gimmick behind Harrow's Reliquary skin?

So they expanded a skin into a whole new Warframe?
Harrow has half the gimmick, this frame has a very clear mish-mash of parts feel while Harrow's Reliquary is cohesive

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 17, 2020

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Feels like it's basically this but a Warframe https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Autobot_X_(G1)

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DisposableHero posted:

I would go with energize just because it's a massive quality of life increase for a wide variety of frames and until DE reworks the energy economy it won't be going out of style.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm all for it if it gets a rocket punch like the design implies. if the well is starting to run dry on ideas for new warframes, it is time to delve into super robots.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

ah, the modular warframe

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I also thought it was a Nidus skin, like a sentient Nidus.

I'm not to hype on the design either, I think it does has a couple of things going for it though. It practically demands really obnoxious color schemes, it'll probably look silly with any animation set, and it's definitely built to fly apart at the seams in an instant.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I hope every ability brokenframe has is cycle-to-choose-hold-to-cast garbage

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

cycle to choose with every ability having 12 different options that expend or increase one of the five resource meters

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
also like chroma it should require nothing but other frames parts to build. broken chassis made from equinox day, nidus, and wisp chassis etc.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Soothing Vapors posted:

I hope every ability brokenframe has is cycle-to-choose-hold-to-cast garbage

but half of them are hold-to-choose press-to-cast

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm all for it if it gets a rocket punch like the design implies. if the well is starting to run dry on ideas for new warframes, it is time to delve into super robots.

i doubt they're running dry on ideas, a lot of the other options in the poll sounded neat. it's just that people voted for the one that everyone knew they would, and uh, de probably wants to avoid another valkyr situation where you have a hosed-up version of a frame and only through skins or whatever you get to show off the 'normal' look. hence the hosed-up mishmash of a bunch of poo poo so there's no concrete base.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
That broken frame design looks like a cross between Revenant and Nidus, but boring. I'm a bit disappointed.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Skin designers will go wild with it.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Give it a mixed Corpus and Grineer styles tennogen. Corpraxx? Graxra?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
BustedFrame would be really neat if you could skin each section of it individually instead of the whole body all at once

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

FunkyFjord posted:

Skin designers will go wild with it.

Reminder that tennogen can only edit the texture, not the model of anything that isn't the helmet.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

qnqnx posted:

Give it a mixed Corpus and Grineer styles tennogen. Corpraxx? Graxra?

I really, really wanted the frame to be some hacked-together shitpile, Kuva Lich aesthetics applied to a warframe. And it occasionally screams in garbled Grineer, usually to beg for death.

Also Faven goddammit dude GRENDEL GRAXX SKIN WHEN. GRENXX. GRAXNEL.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Broken Frame looks more like it got dressed in a hurry.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Samuringa posted:

Broken Frame looks more like it got dressed in a hurry.

"GUYS I TRIED TO WEAR LIKE THREE TENNOGEN SKINS AT ONCE, DON'T TRY TO CUSTOMIZE WHILE YOU'RE QUEUING FOR A MISSION."

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i dont like the tubes. they look dumb

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

cuntman.net posted:

i dont like the tubes. they look dumb

it's most likely going to be glowing streams of energy

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

it might also be those weird white tree branch things you see in your orbiter but i dont like that idea either

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

I really, really wanted the frame to be some hacked-together shitpile, Kuva Lich aesthetics applied to a warframe. And it occasionally screams in garbled Grineer, usually to beg for death.

Also Faven goddammit dude GRENDEL GRAXX SKIN WHEN. GRENXX. GRAXNEL.

When the balance has become slightly less unabalanced and there is a new Corpra.
Any time now... :shepface:

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
A frame that lets you charge an ability button to spend credits as damage for the duration of the mission or to charge it with plat for a multiplier... or go farm space bear asses for a week. There, that's how DE winds up with a credit and plat sink that they want.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

qnqnx posted:

When the balance has become slightly less unabalanced and there is a new Corpra.
Any time now... :shepface:

I would love to see a new Corpra skin. Maybe for Revenant? Poor boy gets almost no Tennogen love and Limbo stole his Sentient style with his Limina skin.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm not feeling the rear end on that.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
What great timing my cpu cooler has to stop working.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Iretep fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Apr 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Perfect in every way